More Than Friends?

The Most Popular Boys In School

Warning: Coarse Language

**

“No Jimin-ah that’s not the point!” Kwon Mina shouted angrily, throwing a few textbooks to the floor. “I don’t care if you kiss me but not in front of –“ She cut herself off, realizing what she was about to say.

“Yuna. You like her?” Jimin guessed with a stoic expression.

Mina slid down the classroom wall in resignation. It was late and everyone had already left the school premises, they both knew that but neither of them made an effort to leave for home. Mina was ushered by her unnie into an empty classroom to talk (the former apologizing to Xi Luhan for the latter’s abrasive personality) but it soon escalated into an argument.

"I don't, I mean I used to" She puffed her cheeks out and stretched her long legs before her "I dunno anymore"

Jimin crouched down beside the troubled student in a very unlady-like way and put a hand to the other girl’s shoulder.

“Idiot. You don’t like her, you like Kim Jongin.”

“Jimin-”

“You like Kim Jongin” She dictated. There was no way Mina was allowed to like someone like Yuna. Even if Jimin herself knew that Kim Jongin didn’t like girls, with the boy there was a less chance of heartbreak than with his completely heartless sister. “And I’ll make him like you”

Mina stayed there crying with Jimin’s arms cradling her like a baby. A slight pitter-patter could be heard from outside; It was raining.

“Wow, this is actually a scene from a Korean drama” The older of the two said out-loud randomly, causing Mina to laugh half-heartedly.

“Did I interrupt something important, ladies?” A mature, feminine voice asked.

The two “ladies” both simultaneously whipped their heads up to see none other than their principle staring down at them, clicking her high heels together and flattening out her pencil skirt.

“Now, can you please tell me a believable lie? I have a daughter and son back home to get to”

*

“Umma, you’re home” Kim Jongin greeted his mother by the door to their magnificent house. His mother broke into a smile and kissed her only son on his forehead before unstrapping her high heels and letting her blonde hair down.

“Where’s your sister?” She asked, walking into the kitchen, where she preceded to pour herself a cup of coffee. “Yeah, that’s the ” She complimented the coffee after taking a sip queen-style.

“Mum, language! In normal families, teenagers are the ones who say those kinds of things and the parents scold them, not the other way around” Her embarrassed son groaned, despite being the only two in the house “Oh and Yuna’s out btw” Btw? What the was a btw?

“What the is a btw?” His mother voiced her thoughts, to which she received a reprimanding “Mum!” from her innocent son yet again.

“Sorry, Sorry” She apologized, ruffling her son’s equally blond hair before breaking out in dance to her favourite band Super Junior. Jongin groaned again and both mother and son made their way to the couch and turned the t.v on mute, initiating casual conversations about their day.

“Mr. Yixing is your teacher, ain’t he?”

“Yeah, mum”

“Bright as a dolphin, he is” She nodded her head thoughtfully while her son rolled her eyes. “Like me, he’s not easily impressed but he’s grown quite a liking to one student in your class I think. Do Kyungsoo his name is.”

Jongin’s irises dilated excessively and his palms began to sweat.

“You on the other hand, at History” His mother accused, punching her son on the shoulder playfully, snickering.

“I do not Mum!” Jongin argued childishly pouting.

That wasn’t true. Though the bronzed student found most of his other subjects “a breeze through the ing park”, there was something about history that his handsome mind couldn’t quite grasp. Maybe it was remembering the dates, the people involved, or analyzing sources (or maybe all three). Either way he desperately needed assistance with the subject but his prodigy of a mum was too busy with her job as principle of an entire diocese.

Park Choa twiddled her ring finger, unconvinced.

“This Kyungsoo kid sound’s nice and since you need help with this subject, I’ve asked for him to come over and tutor you.” Wut? 

The doorbell suddenly rang and the blonde woman staggered off of the couch with a "That must be him!" and - in her silk pajamas - went to answer it. She stopped before the mahogany door, peeked through the peephole and turned back to Jongin with a mischevious grin

“Jongin-nie he’s cute, exactly you’re type!”

On that day Jongin decided he hated his mum.

*

Do Kyungsoo tried his best not to show his shocked expression but he still found his eyes enlarging and his mouth hanging open at the sight of his principle in her unprofessional clothing. The woman in front of him noticed this and shut his mouth closed for him, gesturing him to wipe his feet on the mat and enter the house.

“I’m guessing at your old school you didn’t have a very y principle” Choa concluded, tee-hee-ing.

Kyungsoo secretly wondered how she was even a principle with her age-less features. She doesn’t look older than 20. He’d heard a lot about the widely respected sunbae (many scary things too) but her full lips, desirable double eyelids and her slightly tanned skin were model-worthy. Very familiar too.

The overwhelmed boy cleared his throat, “I was just a bit shocked. You are very pretty sunbae-nim”, to which the said sunbae-nim ruffled his hair affectionately.

Kyungsoo’s curse didn’t activate because the action was very motherly and if he got hard because of his principle he would end up throwing himself off of a cliff.

"You better get used to that, she does it a lot" A velvety voice spoke up, which Kyungsoo immediately recognized and it took everything he had not to skeddadle out of what had suddenly become hell. "Looks like you're tutoring me, freak" Jongin enlightened his tutor before stalking off to a room at the end of the long hallway and forcefully shutting the door behind him.

A few photos on the wall fell down to the ground as a result and the principle rushed over to pick them up muttering “Aish” and “that troublesome child”. Kyungsoo also rushed over to help his principle pick up the possessions rather than standing there awkwardly (which he may or may not have been considering). Most of the photos were of Jongin, his mother and a pretty girl who Kyungsoo assumed was Jongin’s sister. But one photo was different from the rest.

In this particular photo there was a man standing beside the principle with his arm around her waist, his son gazing up at him admiringly. The man looked foreign with natural-looking light brown hair and blue eyes, and had a mustache similar to that of the Pringles mascot. Was this Jongin’s father?

“He’s dead, that man.” Choa gestured to the man in the photo and Kyungsoo quickly spluttered his condolences. “It’s okay child, it’s been many years since he died and we’ve all done our best to try and forget him” She explained, before pursing her lips. Well…most of us.

*

An hour into teaching Jongin of the basics of the Japanese Colonial Rule, Kyungsoo was beginning to think that they weren’t progressing at all. It didn’t matter though because Kyungsoo was given the opportunity to see Jongin in many different lights, and he especially liked Jongin’s cute confused expression when he would wonder why he got a certain practice question incorrect and his subtle admiration when Kyungsoo explained and solved it for him.

At one point the doe-eyed boy even caught Jongin staring at him while they worked through the worksheet.

“What?” Kyungsoo demanded, anticipating the plump-lipped boy to turn his head away and mutter a “nothing” but that wasn’t what happened and instead Jongin didn’t break his gaze.

“Is your curse still going strong?”

Kyungsoo blushed and his nicely-shaped eyebrows knitted up in worry. Is he gonna try something?

“I...I guess” He answered unwillingly.

“Hey freak, do you think I can touch you?” He asked for permission this time but it didn’t matter because his hands were already caressing Kyungsoo’s face before he finished his sentence.

“Y-yah stop! This isn’t what just friend’s do” Kyungsoo squealed but couldn’t find himself to push the boy’s heavy hand off of his cheek. Crap, crap, crap.

“Why not?” He countered, pushing Kyungsoo’s (now limp) body down to the floor and taking control. Jongin's hand stealthily moved down to the hem of Kyungsoo's shirt in an attempt to lift it up and both boys’s breathing hitched, as they became closer and closer…

“Jongin-ah! Chanmi and I are gonna order pizza…oh–“ She cut herself off when she noticed the situation before her. Her friend’s droopy eyes had become frighteningly wide.

“Idiot, don’t come and just barge into my room!” Jongin jumped off Kyungsoo, face red and closed the door in his -blocking sister’s face before sitting back down again next to Kyungsoo’s side.

“Now...” Jongin began “Shall we continue where we left off?”

“In your dreams, ” Kyungsoo slapped the blunt boy on the face and touched his own lips slightly. Ahh, what am I gonna do with this person?

*

Note: *facepalms* What the heck am I writing? So it turns out that the (secretly vulgar) principle is Kim Jongin’s mum! No wonder he’s allowed to get away with all his . This chapter is predominantly KaiSoo in comparison to other chapters because I feel like I’m really neglecting the main storyline, which is really dumb.

Also T’was the cute and cheeky Mina’s birthday yesterday as well, but I wanted to commemorate it on a separate chapter to Jongdae. Omo She’s such a weirdo.

There's so much skinship with KaiSoo in the concert too:

 (jump forrest jump!)

Your guys reaction to this chapter probably:

 no...just no...