What's Wrong With D.O?

The Most Popular Boys In School

Back when he was in China, Xi Luhan had been the clown of the school, and at Saja Wang it only took one impulsive action to be given that title once again. It brought tears of joy to his sparkly eyes. But he was still unsure why helping some people get together was such a big deal (besides the fact that he knew that Korea was still against guy on guy).

Was he mistaken? That couldn’t be right. ‘The way that the yellow haired boy ogled at his classmate Kyungsoo had begun to rival even that of Baekhyun’s to Chanyeol” Luhan thought absentmindedly and, as a result, banged his head into a door.

“Oow” he complained before hearing someone snicker quietly behind him. He spun 180 degrees to the source of the sound and came face to face with one of the most popular boys at the school. His honey brown eyes had transformed into crescents and his mouth was curved up into a smug smile at Luhan’s misfortune; Oh Sehun.

“You’re a clumsy one, aren’t you?” His face wore an amused expression and Luhan could not help but think that it didn’t suit his face at all; he was almost unrecognizable (if it wasn’t for his abnormal hair colour). He found it monstrous that the boy could even gather a smile on his face after all the terrible things he had done to student’s who’d disobey him.

Luhan’s face paled when he remembered his food-tech partner Seolhyun warned him that Sehun was the worst of the four. She whispered in his ear that there was a rumour that when the kingka was only thirteen he would kidnap pretty boys and girls and keep them locked away in his basement until he would find a…use for them. Oh No. No, No, No.''I’m a pretty boy! What if he wants to kidnap me?'

“ert!” Luhan screeched at the now very alarmed Sehun. “Pedo! Get Away!” and with that he scurried away at lightning speed, leaving Sehun utterly stupefied.

*

“What is wrong with him?” Kyungsoo asked himself, exasperated. He still couldn’t get over that shocking day when Kim Jongin had (indirectly) confessed to him. Kyungsoo then thought back to the incident with Sehun and Tao and groaned “What is wrong with me?” Then it clicked.

“That bastard must think I’m easy!” He shrieked out, bringing his mom’s attention to him. “Kyungsoo, what’s with the racket?” She called from downstairs, though her voice still projected very well (Kyungsoo was often told he had his mother’s delightful voice). “Um..nothing mum” he lied.  

His mum seemed to think his sudden outburst was strange still, “you’ve been spending to much time with that strange boy” she vented.

“Jongdae?” The owl-like boy answered back knowingly. It wasn’t that his mother disliked Jongdae since the boy’s naturally likeable personality made that rather difficult but she felt that he wasn’t a good influence. Kyungsoo reminded himself not tell his mum that Jongdae had been grounded for writing R rated content at school. He was sure that if he let that slip he would never be allowed to speak to the dinosaur again.

All of a sudden his valuable phone began to ring, but that was something quite unusual. Kyungsoo had dedicated special songs that reminded him of his contacts as ringtones for them (Jongdae was set under Trouble Maker by Hyuna and Hyunseung and the new boy Luhan was set under Twinkle by TTS). This caller had no song set for them and was therefore an unknown number.

He stared at his phone, bewildered. Who was it? He answered his phone uncertainly.

“Freak, this is Kim Jongin”

*

“It’s nice to have you back at Saja Wang Academy, Mr. Wu”, the blonde principle pronounced in her intimidating tone of voice.

“It’s nice to be back” Yifan replied politely.

Wu Yifan had just checked back into the school on a Monday morning after resting at home over the weekend because of the trip and the principle had asked to see him in her office before he started class. He huffed, annoyed. How much longer would it be before he was reunited with his Taozi?

“Though you have only been gone for a small time, you may notice the school’s atmosphere has changed dramatically.” She informed, shuffling some papers on her desk while simultaneously fixing her (barely) crooked glasses that only further enlarged her light blue eyes.

“Why is that, miss?” He asked, feigning ignorance. Being the most-well known guy in school had its perks; he still had connections (or what normal people would consider spies) within the school and knew exactly what happened only a few hours after it had happened.

From his knowledge he gathered that there were two new kids attending Saja Wang, one full-Korean boy named Do Kyungsoo and the other, a full-Chinese boy named Xi Luhan. Do Kyungsoo was born January 12, 1993, blood type was A, height was 176 cm and enjoyed long romantic walks to the fridge. On the other hand Xi Luhan was born April 20, 1990, blood type was O, height was 176 cm and ever since he was small he was mistaken for being a girl.

It was frightening how much information Wu Yifan could get when he put his mind to it. He had the capability to make or break a person, and he was certainly fond of the idea of breaking Do Kyungsoo. He wanted to do it quick, before Kyungsoo got to them first.

“Do you understand why the school’s logo is of a lion then?” The principle asked.

Her even more intense gaze told Yifan that she was rambling on about something very important that she most likely wouldn’t repeat a second time. Yifan, momentarily having forgotten the principles existence, snapped out of his daze and answered with a “um….yes”, much to the disapproval of the highly esteemed woman.

*

“What do you want, Kim Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked forcefully.

Upon hearing that the light-haired boy wanted to have a ‘talk’ with him, Kyungsoo had rehearsed beforehand that he would put on a brooding demeanor. They were having this talk at a park next to the school that only contained a single swing set, monkey bars and a slide with a very strange liquid going down it. It was pathetic really. Just like this talk was going to be.

“Kyungsoo I want to ask you something” Obviously.

“Well spit it out!” Kyungsoo urged. Something inside of him warned Kyungsoo to keep himself in line, after all, the boy before him was one of the four - rumoured to be nothing short of a criminal.

Jongin seemed to dismiss Kyungsoo’s rudeness and instead found himself hestitating.

“I..”

Yes?”

“I..”

“Yes?”

“um..”

For the love of God, what was it?

“I want to um…be your um, your…friend”

“My friend?” Kyungsoo questioned, more to himself than to Jongin.

“Yeah, I uh want to be your friend. I wanna be your friend so badly”
“Oh.”

In the distance an owl hooted, filling in the awkward silence. Little did Kyungsoo know that Kim Jongin was internally beating himself up for being such a .

*

Note: Before any of you think that I’m crazy for knowing all these personal facts about Kyungsoo and Luhan, I’d like to say that I actually looked them up on some online fact thing. On the other hand though, I probably am crazy so yeh you’re right either way. I don’t think I’ll be able to update tomorrow so I’ll update this chapter today instead.

Park Choa, the strict principle Goddess..

and Kyungsoo, the eternally confused man child: