Prey

The Most Popular Boys In School

Warning: Coarse Language

***

“The doctor says that I won’t be able to leave for a while,” the injured boy informed gloomily, after spending a week at Kyung Hee.

“How long?”

The injured boy grimaced distastefully. Too long. His career would definitely suffer as a result. Kim Minseok had heard cases where idols received injuries that caused them to take a hiatus that lasted for years and by the time they were healed they were old news. There were always new and upcoming idols that could easily take their places and this thought scared Minseok immensely.

He thought back to the day when he had heard that beautiful singing voice and found himself becoming slightly jealous, eyes green with envy. Me? Jealous of a lower class lad? While I’m swimming in cash?

He grumbled unintelligibly under his breath, which had not gone unnoticed by the boy accompanying him on his morning walk around the hospital.

“Minseok oppa, you alright?” The boy asked when he was denied a response, true concern etching his handsome features.

“Nope but thank you Spongebob-yah” He assured his erratic new friend. He slung an arm around Jongdae, causing the latter to smile broadly. “You’ve made it so much easier for me to stay in this dreary place” He paused. “Though I still do not understand why you insist on calling me Oppa instead of Hyung”

Jongdae grinned mischievously “Me calling you Hyung doesn’t sound right”

“Because you’re not masculine?” Minseok teased.

“Rude.” Jongdae kissed his exposed muscular shoulder, as the two approached a single black tree in the middle of the grassy field. They both sat down and Jongdae forcibly brought Minseok’s head down to rest on his lap, with the excuse that “the ground is too hard for a head this pretty”

“My other fans will get so jealous when they find out that you have been getting special treatment” Minseok grumbled; he believed in equality.

"Sleep" was the only reply.

The singer felt his eyes close as he entered his slumber blissfully.

bakkeuro naga beorigo~”

Minseok recognized the voice immediately. How could he forget? He had heard the clear, articulated voice many times in his sleep – even more so often during his stay at the hospital. For some reason it felt awfully audible at this moment and so the singer opened his eyes and tilted his head upwards to the source of the sound.

Above him he could make out Jongdae croon with the vein in his neck popping out with every musical phrase he’d express. Minseok’s mind scrambled back to the day he first heard the voice.

“Yah Kim Jongdae even though you are a y beast I will no longer tolerate this behavior!”

“Jongdae….”

*

“The earliest known Korean pottery dates back to around 8000 BC in the Neolithic Period” The tanned boy recounted with a smug grin on his face.

“Hmm… wasn’t it from the late Paleolithic period?” Kyungsoo narrowed his owl-like eyes at Jongin suspiciously and peered down at his own notes. Jongin watched in amusement and satisfaction as Kyungsoo’s eyebrows disappeared into his brown fringe in shock.

“Woah, that’s correct” Kyungsoo uttered. “How did you know that? Did you cheat?” He accused. Wouldn’t put it past him.

Jongin gasped mockingly, faking hurt.

“I don’t understand” The older (and who was believed to be smarter) mumbled to himself. “I mean it completely contradicts this” He pulled out a stack of papers and Jongin’s eyes widened when he realized it was his Korean History test papers.

“Hey! Where’d you get that?” Jongin made a grab for the embarrassing grades but Kyungsoo tumbled out of his reach.

"Eight out of a hundred?" Kyungsoo clicked his tongue, before moving onto the second paper, "negative points?!?" he questioned incredulously.

“GaHH!!” A frustrated Jongin complained, snatching the papers out of Kyungsoo’s grip, who knocked himself back against Jongin’s double bed. The older boy giggled shamelessly at the younger’s misfortune, flashing his flawless teeth and accentuating his heart-shaped lips.

“Hyuuuunng stop laughing” Jongin whined, shaking the giggling boy’s soft arms.

Kyungsoo immediately stopped and instead a look of fear took over as he immediately glanced down at his own crotch. Shiiiiiiiiit.

Jongin followed Kyungsoo’s gaze before he too landed on that area and, though he tried (not really), he couldn’t bring himself to avert his eyes.

“D-DON’T LOOK!” Kyungsoo scolded, smacking Jongin over the head, earning an “Oww!!"

“This doesn’t make any sense,” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself totally not panicking. “The curse is only supposed to be triggered when there are intimate affections, not just when someone shakes your arms”

Jongin, noticing Kyungsoo’s sudden outburst, took it upon himself to try and calm his toy down. “Hey calm down” He placed his large hand on Kyungsoo’s small hand.

“D-DON’T TOUCH” Kyungsoo only shrieked at the sudden contact, pulling away swiftly. The cursed boy began to breath in and out to calm himself down, muttering something about ‘maybe it’s just a fluke’.

Jongin rolled his eyes at his tutor's lack of attention to him.

“Freak, stop acting like such a freak” He demanded but frowned when he noticed that the “freak” was still paying him no mind.

"Yah! Did you hear me?" He raised his voice, cupping Kyungsoo's chin with his thumb. His eyes were completely focused on one thing; Kyungsoo's lips, as he closed the distance between them. He nipped at the quivering bottom lip and the owl boy squealed in fright.

"Thanks for sticking up for me back there" Jongin's low, husky voice spoke against Kyungsoo's mouth seductively. Meanwhile all the blood rushed straight to Kyungsoo's and Jongin felt a head drop to his shoulder. Did he faint? He leered at the fluffy chocolate hair. Wow, if anyone came in now they would totally get the wrong idea.

The tanned boy barely finished his train of thought before the creak of his bedroom door seized his attention.

*

“Ahem Ahem” A suspicious old man with a star mustache cleared his throat deeply while (pretending to) read his newspaper at Seoul’s most popular dimly-lit park. In truth the old man was not reading his newspaper but instead was sneaking glances at a smartly dressed man with his arm around a beautiful orange-haired woman.

The couple were dining in a very extravagant-looking Chinese restaurant which was in the direct view of the park bench that the old man was seated on. The geezer watched as a red-headed waiter that greatly resembled a deer took their order and as the woman began to dig into her meal with a knife and fork. How pretentious.

‘Who does she think she is? Everyone knows you use chopsticks’ The geezer huffed in jealously. Wait. Jealousy?

Upon seeing the woman lean in for a sly kiss on the man’s cheek, the elderly yanked his mustache off and stripped himself of his plain Velcro dress shirt, pulling his high-waisted pants down to reveal a teenage boy in the old man’s place. A teenage boy with wavy hair and a very obsessive infatuation with a certain teacher; This boy was Junmyeon.

Junmyeon couldn’t control his feet as his flung the restaurant door and barged through, his disoriented brown eyes only focusing on that fox-like woman who was practically throwing herself (in his biased opinion) over the man who loved him. As he strolled over to Mr. Yixing’s table the waiter from before caught up to him first and grabbed his wrist harshly.

“Junmyeon, right? What do you think you’re doing?” He asked fiercely, turning him away from the couple, who were still unaware of his presence.

“Let go! That is touching my boyfriend!” He struggled against Xi Luhan’s surprisingly strong grip. ‘Was everyone always so built?’ He thought back to Seol-hyun with her hulk-like hold on his wrist.

When Luhan tried to usher him out of the restaurant before his boss could notice the disturbance the class president was causing, Junmyeon let out a shout from the top of his lungs. Everyone in the restaurant stopped eating (some choking on their meals) at the sudden ruckus and soon enough all eyes were on Junmyeon and Luhan.

Aware of his boss' murderous glare, Luhan's grip on Junmyeon weakened, allowing Junmyeon to make his way over to the table where Mr. Yixing and the woman were seated.

“J-junmyeon” Mr. Yixing’s eyes were wide in shock, his usual dimples were nowhere to be seen on his glistening face, “What are you doing here?”

Junmyeon held back his tears and without warning he picked up the woman’s glass of wine and emptied it on (the now shocked) Mr. Yixing’s head. Mr. Yixing was at a loss of words at the sudden unexpected situation.

“How could you do this?” Junmyeon questioned, sniffling, “You’ve broken my heart in two” and with that he ran out of the restaurant, hands covering his face as he cried.

The restaurant was immersed in silence before the orange-haired woman spoke up.

"Lay oppa are you really involved with that kid?"

Mr. Yixing was broken out of his daze, clamping his mouth shut. “…He’s my student.”

*

Kim Jongin was in a very strange position with the boy he had called his enemy not that long ago when a boy with high-cheekbones and a dinosaur resemblance flung his bedroom door open. His long-lashed eyes immediately expanded when he saw his friend with his body very, very close to the “total hottie” Kim Jongin.

“Uh…” The total hottie began, not sure what to say to the random stranger that had just burst into his room.

He used his hands to carefully move Kyungsoo off of him and place him on his double bed before turning to the very confused (and somewhat excited) stranger.

“Kyungsoo’s uh mum told me that he was over at a friend’s so I thought I would check up on him” He explained, his eyes flickering to his unconscious friend. “Ah, is he alrig-?”

“Fine!” Jongin cut him off, shielding Kyungsoo’s sleeping body as the stranger attemped to walk his way.

In addition to the fact that the boy emitted an aura that warned Jongin to be wary of him, Jongin definitely did not want him to see the freak with a very noticeable bump in his casual pants. The boy only raised his eyebrow.

“Woah man, I’m his friend Kim Jongdae and I was just gonna take him home now” Jongdae stated, somewhat becoming annoyed with Jongin. This guy’s nothing like I thought. So annoying.

"I know where his house is. I'll take him home." Jongin said with clenched teeth as Jongdae attempted to approach Kyungsoo once again.

“Look man, I just got back from the hospital and Kyungsoo hasn’t seen me in a while. He's my brother from another mother and he misses me.” He gave Jongin a judgemental once-over. “What is he to you anyway?”

Jongin smirked. What an easy question.

“He’s my prey, of course.”

*

Note: Wow this is the longest chapter I’ve written so far. Minseok has figured out that Jongdae was the boy from that day but more importantly KaiSoo had their first kiss!! (Well kind of, it was kind of like an in-the-moment touch of the lips) but I figured it was too early for them to start heatedly making out all of a sudden and there's still Jongin's past to attend to as well. Kyungsoo's crazy friend Jongdae had met with Jongin - what will happen from there?

Haha, sometimes I feel like I'm doing this for KaiSoo:

On an embarrassing side note: For the SuXing part, I had to actually google ‘What do old people wear?’ because I srsly have no idea.