Hideous Heart

The Most Popular Boys In School

Warning: Coarse Language

***

A turtleneck. A high neck t-shirt. A jacket. These are all items of clothing that could be used to hide hickeys. Unfortunately for Do Kyungsoo, Saja Wang Academy had a strict uniform code, in which none of those options were permitted.

(Boys were to wear white collared t-shirts with the school logo imprinted on it and grey khaki pants while girls were to wear the same shirt but with grey skirts.)

Thus, a resigned Kyungsoo trudged to school a bit too early with a worried expression on his face. Once he had reached the massive red school gates he noticed one boy tapping on his fancy-looking phone. He stood away, making sure to keep a distance between himself and the boy with black-hair that was in his Korean History Class; Baekhyun.

Once Baekhyun sensed that he was not alone anymore he tore his gaze away from his phone to face a squirming Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo could feel Baekhyun’s eyes on him for a long while before the groundskeeper unlocked and slid open the gates for them, muttering something about “not getting paid enough for this in job”.

“Do you need make-up? I always carry my special purse with me” A voice caught Kyungsoo off guard. Why’s he talking to me?

“Uh…why would I need make-up? I’m not a girl ahaha” He sweats nervously. He didn’t notice the hickey, did he?

Baekhyun frowned at this. “Yeah and I’m not either. What’s wrong with wearing makeup? It’s just something to make yourself look prettier - like brushing your hair or exercising to get a y body. You see this is why society monkey balls. I mean blah blah blah…”

Kyungsoo found himself blocking out the eyeliner boys’ heated lecture when his gaze lingered towards the school car park. An overly conspicuous red Hyundai pulled into the car park and Kyungsoo squinted through the fog to see that two blond people had exited the car; the principle and her son. The sunglasses-wearing principle squinted back through the fog.

“Jongin-ah isn’t that your knight in shining armor?” Hah?

“Kyungsoo, why are you here so early?” He didn’t deny it?!?

Kim Jongin all but slammed the car door, slipped his hands into his pant’s pocket and strolled up to his knight coolly with a knowing smirk on his face. In his eagerness, he misplaced his footing and tripped over his own feet, landing flat on his face with his arse sticking up in the air. Choa gasped, Baekhyun laughed and Kyungsoo blushed. He acts so cool but on the inside he’s just a baby. My baby.

*

Kim Jongin cleared his throat for the tenth time in the span of five minutes shortly after departing from the principle (who had gone to her office) and Baekhyun (who had gone to his locker.)

"Ahem Ahem, just for the record I didn't trip because I was thinking about you, jerk."

Do Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Before I was freak, and now I am jerk?"

"Yep" Jongin replied smugly, popping the 'p'.

“I see that my territory is still marked.” He jabbed at the said mark on Kyungsoo’s skin, causing the dark-haired boy to wince unpleasantly.

 “You know what I love the most about this?” He continued and reached a hand out to the spot gently this time. “That you haven’t tried to cover it or anything.”

“Hands off!” Kyungsoo grimaced, focusing on deterring the sudden throbbing in his pants. “I should have taken Baekhyun’s advice,” He muttered under his breath.

Baekhyun?” Jongin hissed, catching the older boy’s words easily. “Why were you talking so closely with him this morning anyway? And what kind of advice are you talking about?”

“He offered me make-up”

“Make-up?” Jongin repeated, confused. Isn’t make-up for girls?

He suddenly visualized Kyungsoo before him wearing a short, fluffy pink dress that would reveal his milky thighs. And Kyungsoo with kissable pink lips and cheeks complete with long, flowing dark hair that Jongin would run his hands through affectionately by day and grab onto harshly for support by night.

“Yah, earth to Jongin!”

The younger wiped some drool of his face as he became conscious again and was met with the owl-like boy shaking his hands wildly before him.

“You scared me going all quiet just then…you weren’t thinking something weird were you?” Kyungsoo joked, aiming to punch Jongin playfully on the shoulder before quickly pulling his careless fist back, realizing what would soon ensue if he did.

The tanned boy rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Ahahaha...you wish, freak." He cleared his throat once more.

“Say, let’s go eat out again tonight. Last time was…fun.”

Kyungsoo pursed his heart-shaped lips doubtfully. “…I guess if you want…but we can’t go to the Chinese restaurant in the plaza, apparently for some reason student’s from Saja Wang are banned from there.” I wonder why, Junmyeon.

"Yeah okay that's cool. Why would I take you somewhere romantic anyway? Ahahahah?!?!? The . Why am I spazzing?

“Can we go McDonald’s then? I’m pretty sure there’s one in the plaza too!”

“Yeah, I think my sister said something about going with her friends there too. We could go with them if you want.” Jongin offered.

“I’d love that.”

“Hehehe…it’s a date then” Jongin expressed sneakily under his breath.

"What was that?"

“N-nothing.”

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

“Ah! Sehun mah man, what up homie?” He left Kyungsoo’s side to sling his hand over his stoic friend’s shoulder, who only looked at Jongin as if he were some kind of disease.

"Ew. Get your AIDS infected off of me" the silver haired boy whined, remembering how Jongin had ushered Kyungsoo away without heeding his warning about safe . They were gone for so long. They must have done something.

*

Kim Jongdae fiddled with his thumbs, waiting anxiously for “Applicant no. 2199” to be called out. His eyes flickered to the lime green sign that read “NA ENTERTAINMENT” in pink writing and a strange symbol below it.

His fingers began shaking uncontrollably.

“Breath in, breath out.” He slapped himself across the face. Still shaking. “Kim Jongdae, breath in, breath out.” Another slap.

Soon enough he had slapped himself on the face more times than on his lower regions whenever he was home alone and had thought about the idol Kim Minseok (which was a lot.) The other applicants were quietly edging away from him in their seats with each new slap, some of them wearing petrified expressions.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” A plump woman stuck her head out from behind the door to the judge’s room. “Applicant no. 2199 your audition will start shortly, please follow me” She gestured for Jongdae to stand up and - without checking to see if he had followed – left through the door again.

Jongdae felt his blood turned cold as he completely froze and was unable to stand up, or do anything for that matter. He felt people nudging him with their shoulder, probably the other applicants but he couldn’t focus on anything expect for the heavy beating of his hideous heart.

 

“…Jongdae”

“W-What? How did you…my…name?”

“Of course I’ll remember it, I always will. Your voice is amazing.”

 

It was as if just remembering his heartfelt conversation with his idol at the hospital was all he needed to come back to life. With steady legs, he stood up from his chair and opened the door, walking through the hallways filled with pictures of N.A’s current most successful stars; Jessica Jung, Zico, Kim Minseok.

When they reached the main door, the plump woman turned to him with a blank “good luck” and let him in. He was faced with four scary-looking male judges.

“Applicant no. 2199, what song will you sing for us today?” The least scary of the judges asked with a booming voice.

Confident, Kim Jongdae; Confident but not too confident.

“Firstly, I’d like to say that I am not a ing number, I’m a ing person” and with that he ripped of the label on his shirt.

Three fourths of the judges simultaneously raised their eyebrows to the roof of their heads at this unexpected answer. The remaining judge on the far left looked like he wasn’t even paying attention, sipping on his Americano nonchalantly.

“Secondly, I’m singing Love Is Like A Snowflake by the y guy from JYJ so be ready to get blown out of your ing closeted homoual minds, es.”

The uninterested judge choked on his coffee viciously, taking a sneak glance at the judge beside him and blushing slightly.

“Sarangeul jugeul mankeum hanjeok innayo~”

The judges cupped their faces in their hands in awe at the boys’ breathtaking voice, not daring to cut him off early as they had done for their countless other applicants beforehand. Once he had finished they all coughed professionally.

“We regret to inform you - applicant no. 2199 - that you do not fit our requirements and are thus rejected from the annual auditions.”

*

“Yuna-unnie!! Yuna-unnie!!” A childish girl with red lipstick shook her “unnie’s” built shoulder harshly.

“Aish, Hyuna. What is it you brat? I’m already buying you the happy meal, what more do you want?”

Hyuna pouted cutely at Yuna's harsh response.

Yuna softened at this, snaking an arm around her skinny waist. “Well, if you’re gonna act all cute like that how can I pretend to be mad at you, huh?” She chuckled.

“Noona!” A velvety voice caught his sisters’ attention.

There was the “I’m to good to go to McDonalds”, “Fat food is for fat asses” Kim Jongin, strutting up to them as if the crying-baby infested destination had taken the title from Disney Land as “The Happiest Place On Earth.”

 “Let me introduce you to my friend” He pushed a short boy with a striking resemblance to an owl forward.

“Uh..hi my name is Do Kyu-“

“EEEEEPP!”

The high-pitched screech could have deafened even those standing a hundred metres away.

“He’s so cute!!!!”

Hyuna had jumped on to the (now terrified) Kyungsoo, pushing her nimble body up against his with all of her might and hugging him uncontrollably. Kyungsoo tried to push her off of him but to no avail. , the curse.

Yuna rolled her eyes at her friend’s predictable actions. That is until she noticed something quite strange. The thing was, she couldn’t tell if Jongin’s ‘knight in shining armor’ had his eyes wide because he was shocked or if they were just naturally that freaky but she could definitely sense that something was wrong when she took one look at Jongin. His eyes were about to pop out of his head.

“Kyungsoo-yah…what’s that?” She pointed to the something that was making Jongin’s eyes grow wide in fear.

*

Note: NA ENTERTAINMENT is of my own ty creation and I imagine the logo to look something like this:

Anyone get the B2ST reference?

On an angsty side note: OMGMG IS IT TRUE THAT JESSICA JUNG GOT DROPPED OUT OF SNSD?? NO!!! *DYING WHALE NOISES* THE HAVE YOU DONE SM?!?!? 

OTOKE?!?!? ~