Mr. Smart Guy

The Most Popular Boys In School

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the storyline.

***

"Whoops" Kim Jongin smirked as he tripped the boy over with his feet. "Seems like my legs are too long"

The owl-like boy picked himself up from the ground, shaking off the dirt from his previously neat uniform. "Yes that is a problem sometimes" Do Kyungsoo replied, remaining calm. "They must make up for what's lacking elsewhere" 

The tanned boy scowled in response, his eyes emitting a sinister red glow. Holy . Kyungsoo sure was in for hell now. 

This was how it had been like for the past few days since moving to a certain prestigious high school in Seoul. The owl-like boy had no idea why the younger was treating him like this but it wasn't just him. It was as if the whole school was against him. On the first day his textbooks had been graffitti-ed and chucked in the schools pond, on the second day his pants were pulled down in the middle of the hallway and on one special occassion even his most prized phone was ripped from his grasp and stomped on by a senior until it could no longer be considered a solid object. Kyungsoo internally growled at the fact that the one responsible for all of his suffering was the devil boy before him.

Before Kyungsoo could comprehend what was happening, he found himself pushed against the wall and he cried out at the sudden pain in his back. Kim Jongin's face was really, really close now and Kyungsoo found his breath shortening and eyes darting to the ground. This was the first time violence had been used on him and he shuddered to think of what might happen next. His worrying was for naught though as Kyungsoo watched Kim Jongin's shadow back off of him. Phew. 

"Meet me here after school or you'll regret it" Jongin threatened with clenched teeth to the slightly shaken boy and with that he his heel.

Kyungsoo felt himself slide down the wall before he felt the coldness of the floor. Great. Where do I go from here now Mr. Smart guy?

*

The hall was filled with many excited bodies and loud chatter at the new gossip. There was to be a fight between the new kid and the face of the school; Kim Jongin. A few girls giggled loudly near a red locker. 

"Well I know that my Jongin-nie is going to win!" One girl, Jimin, declared defiantly. Jimin was the female hearthrob of the school, capable of getting any guy she wanted. With one Exception. Jongin. She tsked at the fact that, despite her endeavours, Jongin seemed uninterested. 

*

Do Kyungsoo's knuckles had turned white and his face had become paler than usual. Fight! Fight! Fight! echoed all around him but, nevertheless, he was determined to stay calm and in control. The students had created a circular wall around him, and he could not help but think, even in this moment of crisis, that it was similar to that of the **Circus Maximus. Opposite to him was Kim Jongin wearing a knowing smirk - as if he had already won the match. Kim Jongin held up his hand at the crowd and suddenly the boys and girls had become quiet. He cleared his throat.

"Everyone knows the new kid right?", he addressed the crowd.

The crowd snickered in delight. This would be one hell of a show. Kyungsoo's eyes scanned the crowd in desperation and he gulped upon noticing one snap-back hat wearing boy chewing from a packet of popcorn. 

"Well..." Jongin continued. "This kid..no..this dip thinks that he can challenge my authority?".

The crowd booed. 

"You do know what that means?"

"Beat him! Beat him!" Now the whole crowd was chanting. Jongin momentarily chuckled before bringing his attention back to his prey.

"You heard them" Jongin said to Kyungsoo and without further warning Jongin pulled of his school uniform shirt over his head and threw it on the oval's ground. This action revealed a chiseled abdomen which immediately gained the attention of many girls who swooned and many boys who hooted. The popcorn boy groaned and threw his packet of popcorn at Jongin. "Yah, is this a fight show or a strip show?". Unknowingly and momentarily, Kyungsoo blushed before quickly regaining his composure.

Jongin had his fists held up and his feet spread slightly apart - a fighting stance. Kyungsoo was beginning to panic before his eyes fell upon Jongin's white school shirt that was strewn on the floor. The shirt looked very large and Kyungsoo wondered if it would look like a dress on himself since he was much smaller in size than Jongin. Without thinking, he walked over to it, picked it up and wore it over his head, easily slipping it on. He was right, it did look like a dress on him. When Kyungsoo looked back up he was met with many shocked faces. Kyungsoo risked a sneak glance at Jongin and he could see that the other's face was a mix of shock, embarassment, and something else. It was silent for a long while. Then all of a sudden the popcorn boy began howling with laughter, keeling over and literally ROFLMAO-ing.  

*

"How dare that little brat do that to the king!" Mina, one girl from a popular posse' shrieked in frustration. Jimin was still in shock and apparently, so were many of her friends. She had seen it with her own eyes. Kim Jongin had been showed up by a nobody. Jimin tried to recall the other boy. He was short, of an average weight and had very wide eyes that looked as if they were to pop out of his head. He also had a deep brown hair colour. Like chocolate. Jimin found her cheeks becoming slightly tinged with pink. 

*

"HAHHAHAHAHA" The hat-wearing boy could not stop guffawing at the events that had occured earlier that day.

"Chanyeol-sshi go home, you're drunk!" A dark haired boy with perfectly winged eyeliner informed to his friend who was clearly losing his mind and causing a scene in English class. The vein in the teachers forehead was on the verge of popping. 

"You should have seen it Baek! That kid sure is one funny guy." Chanyeol said. "Was totally not expecting that.." 

Baekhyun frowned slightly. Why was his best friend paying so much attention to some other guy? 

*

In a certain bathroom "that kid" was huddled up on the toilet seat. What had he just done? He did not even mean to do it. At the time he was thinking of something completely trivial like he usually did and before he knew it, he had grabbed the shirt and...he still had it. Kyungsoo looked down at the shirt he had scrunched up in his hand and, studying the emblem of a lion on the front of -pocket, brought it up to his face. He sniffed it. It smelt like sweat. Gross. Yet somehow the wide eyed boy found himself becoming mesmerised by the smell. 

*

**An ancient Roman place used for gladitorial fights 


Note:

First chapter is done. GAhahh so cheesy you can literally see the cheese dripping off of it. 

Also i just want to add, for the people who keep wondering why it chapters may be empty at time is because, being the unusual person I am, I like to write bit by bit. So, sometimes I will have published a chapter when I'm not even finished it. It's annoying I know so I'll stop doing it after this chapter. 

So anyway what did you think? It's still going really slow since it's just the first chapter and I wanted to introduce the different characters. For those who don't know Jimin is the leader of AOA and Mina is also in that group. They are one of my favourite girl groups and though I don't ship them with any EXO members I still feel that they are perfect for a role in this story. There's also slight Baekyeol so hopefully people don't mind that ship..

BAHAHAHA what Kyungsoo did to Jongin though is something I found from a tumblr post so I guess i have to credit that.