~Unexpected Situation

My Secret Crush

♦My Secret Crush♦


Chapter 30

 

 

 

It was a beautiful orange evening where the sun was almost setting in. Today, the unusually helpful serious IU is at home, in the kitchen helping her mom with the dinner. Maybe her maturity has starts to kick in her mind and taken a toll over herself. Even Mr and Mrs Lee has noticed the drastic change of her behaviour in contrast to her bubbly-cheerful-energetic self. 

 

"Omo, I didn't know you would be honoured to help me in the kitchen!" Mrs Lee smiled teasingly.

"Eyy, no eomma. You look so tired and helpless doing all the cookings and I'm free so..." IU attempted a smile. 

"What's wrong? You don't seem happy sweetie," Mrs Lee observed her unreal smile.

"I'm just tired and stressed from school. You know this is my graduation year so a lot of school works must be done." 

"Are you sure? If you don't want to tell me, your sister is always open to listen to you," Mrs Lee puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry eomma," IU nods and puts on a reassuring smile.

 

. . .

 

"Jieun, could you do eomma a favor, honey?" Mrs Lee asked as she was cutting some ingredients.

"What is it eomma?" IU nodded her head, accepting the favor.

"Can you go with your sister to the convenience shop and buy the instant coffee packet for appa?"

"Okay, I'll be right back with eonnie," IU replied as she washed her hands and wiped them dryly.

 

. . .

 

Suzy and IU both entered a convenience shop a little further down their neighborhood since the nearest was closed down for some personal reasons. The new cold chilly air hit them once again. Luckily, they have their windbreaker jackets on. Suzy accidentally meet eye-contact with the cashier guy and he smiled creepily. She narrowed her eyes and glared at him before he quickly turned away with a smirk.

 

"Where is the coffee packet appa always drinks?" IU mumbled to herself.

"Umm... I don't remember how it looks like... oh my god IU, are we in trouble?!” Suzy held her head with both hands in panic.

"Eonnie, it's just a coffee!" IU chuckled at Suzy who was now searching intently for the coffee from top to bottom row.

“But it’s coffee for appa! It’s not just any coffee!”

“Ah arraseo, I’ll go and call mom now,” IU searched for her phone inside the pocket but she left it at home like always, same with Suzy.  

“Should we go back home and ask dad what his coffee looks like?” IU suggested.

“That would take some time but okay let’s go quickly,” Suzy sighed and sling her arms with her little sister, being protective.

 

The cashier guy looked at them like a predator as “his preys” walked out of the shop. He produced a sick smile before pulling down his black hoodie lower, barely covering his eyes.  As IU and Suzy were brisk walking back to their house, they sensed some unhealthy presence surrounding the lonely street and the now darkening sky. They wonder where the heck everyone is. How come the streets are empty which was usually filled with people going back home from work. Today, they felt as if they were the only residents living in the neighborhood. It was strange and unusual.

 

. . .

 

Back at home, Mr Lee sat down in the living room couch and the television. The 8 pm news had just started and the first news that flashed is a notice to be on the lookout for a man in his late-20s who is a runaway serial killer and , last seen in their neighborhood’s street before disappearing. There is also a warning to not wander in the streets unprotected alone especially nearing nighttime. That truly shocked his eyes and ears. Both his daughters had just gone out to the convenience store to buy his coffee packet in the late evening.

 

“Jagi!!!” he called for his wife, panicked.     

“What is it yeobo?! Can’t you see I’m busy—”

“Our daughters are in danger!” Mr Lee interrupted and explained quickly to Mrs Lee about the news.

“What?! N-no my daughters… Yeobo, we must call them right now!!”             

“They didn’t bring their phones?!” Mr Lee cried in disbelief looking at their daughters’ phone lying on the table. 

 

. . .

 

“Tsk, why is it so isolated here,” Suzy mumbled looking at her surroundings.

“Eonnie, I don’t feel safe out here…” IU wrapped her hands around Suzy’s arms tighter while glancing around.

“Me too… Its okay, I’m here. Let’s quickly get home!” Suzy assured her while feeling the need to move faster.

 

There was a creepy soft whistle sound coming from far. Then suddenly, they heard the clicking sounds of shoes behind them. Something metallic and sharp was being scraped onto the walls and footsteps still constantly following them. The moment gets more intense hearing the stranger’s loud chuckle at the girls’ increasing speed. He noticed their frightened reaction.

Oh god, please let us get home quickly. Someone please save us! Suho oppa!                                                                                            

“Where are you going girls?” his deep voice echoes, breaking the serene night.

IU and Suzy are both equally scared hearing the man’s voice as they tried running this time, to the closest house they can ask for help.

 

“Why are you running away from me?” his thrilling voice makes their hair stands up.

“You think I would bite you?” he asked rhetorically.

“Or… Kill you maybe?” he laughed evilly at them ignoring.

“How brave ignoring me. Well, I’m going to catch you then~” he singsong before speeding up to them.

 

IU and Suzy screamed in horror as they make a dash to whichever open directions they can run to. They keep running and running until the man’s laughter become much fainter but they did not dare to stop. They eventually reached to a familiar neighborhood and tried calming their hearts out. Suzy holds IU’s hands tightly as they hide behind one of the playground’s many hideouts. They managed to hide behind a big children’s sculpture when they heard the same man’s scary voice again. Fresh new tears overfilled IU’s eyes and she forced herself to sob silently. Suzy embraced her closer to soothe her.

 

“Girls, don’t hide away from me~”

“I just wanna play~”

His footsteps went nearer to their hideout.

“Hmm I see… your cute bun… your small face… milky skin… bunny teeth… two girls hiding…”

The man crouched down and peeped into the sculpture’s holes.     

“Boo~ found you!” he whispers eerily and they both screamed in shock.

Suzy gets up and ready to face the man when she noticed he has a sharp knife in his hands. This is a dangerous situation despite her and IU mastering taekwondo. Nevertheless, she tried to remain calm and attacked him indirectly.

 

“HEY PSYCHO MAN, WHAT DO YOU WANT, HUH?!” Suzy courageously shouted at him in anger.

“Pyscho man? I like that name baby girl~”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!”

“Good question. You know exactly what to ask sweetheart,” the man replied with a smirk.

“WHAT?”

“Cmon~ I just want to play with you.” he gripped his knife tightly and walked closer to Suzy.

“Sorry not sorry!” IU faced the man and kicked him in the area hard.

 

The man expectedly falls to the ground, groaning in pain with his eyes shut tightly due to the excruciating pain. He cursed in anger and attempt to get up but failed. This is the chance for the girls to escape. Before they could make a run, the man grabbed Suzy ankles and pulled her down roughly. The man in a swift went on top of Suzy and chokes her neck.

“YAA DON'T TOUCH MY EONNIE!!!” IU yelled at the man furiously.

Her mind could not think straight looking at her sister being harassed by the man. The only way she did was lunged at the man from behind and grabbed his neck while covering his eyes. That seemed to stall him away as he looked bewildered and tried grabbing the hand behind him. Suzy coughed her lungs out, gasping for air. Without seconds spared, Suzy got up and repeatedly jabbed him in the ribs, remembering the taekwondo skills. The man doubled over before landing back to the ground. He shouted angrily at them, struggling to get up again. They both ran for their life, not caring a moment before stopping to a familiar family-looking house. Without checking the house twice, both of them rang the doorbell numerous times with knocking additions hoping someone nice would let them stay in. The door finally opened, revealing an annoyed-looking Suho in his sleepwear and bed hair.

 

“WHO MAKE THIS NOISE--IU-sshi?!” Suho stared at her in surprise.

“Oh… S-suho-sshi…” her voice cracked and she was on the verge of tears.

At that moment IU wants to be comforted by him, hugged by him, listening to soothing words by him but she knew she is not allowed to do so. They were lucky at least to stop by the house. Maybe it was fate.

“I’m very sorry to be rude but can you please let us stay in Suho?? We really need your help! We’ve been chased by a psycho man who wants to kill both of us—” Suzy babbled in hurry.

“Psycho man?” Suho frowned deeper.

 

Yesterday he had just told Irene to go back home early because he had seen the news of the man yesterday. He even accompanied her until her very doorstep for her safety. He cannot believe it has really happened to IU, another of his schoolmate (partially true but that’s what he thinks :D). He quickly let them in and locked the doors securely while the girls sat in the living room.

“What happened?” Suho asked IU who seemed to be in a daze.

“Don’t talk to her for now. She’s scared of the incident,” Suzy explained on her behalf. 

“Oh… who are you and how do you know me?”

“I’m her older sister, Suzy. Lee Suzy. IU told me about you since a long time ago.” IU has already told her everything before including Suho’s memory lost which truly shocked her and a big thing to take in. Suho just nodded, still confused about the last few words.

 

After explaining the whole story to Suho, Suzy gratefully took the permission to quickly wash up in the bathroom. When her sister was nowhere in sight, IU suddenly felt insecure and scared again. She knows this is Suho’s family house but her mind keeps wandering back to the horrible incident earlier. She still could not believe in her head that it all happened before her eyes.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Suho gently asked her.

IU flinched at his question and nodded timidly. Suho realized IU looked so fragile and small that he wants to hug her and comfort her well-being.

“T-thank you for letting us s-stay here,” IU said quietly but loud enough to be heard.

“No, it’s okay IU-sshi. This is really a crisis and I want to help you guys. For now, stay the night in. You should call your parents and inform them. I’m sure they must be dead worried.” IU nodded once, still facing the ground.

Her pitiful appearance reminded him of when he first met Irene at the traffic light junction. Noticing her body shivering, probably from the cold air outside, he offered her a warm blanket.

“I-it’s okay Suho-sshi!”

“No, please make yourself at home and you’re already shivering badly!” Suho insisted and draped the blanket gently around her shoulders.

“Aww what a sweet couple” Suzy cooed grinning while drying her wet hair with a towel.

“NO!” IU and Suho both shouted in unison as they scrambled away from each other.

“I-I’ll go make you guys hot chocolate,” Suho awkwardly spoke and went to the kitchen.

 

“Eonnie, are you okay?” IU asked her worriedly, looking at her neck.

“Don’t worry, I’m all good. Shouldn’t I be the one to ask you that? You were crying and shaking in fear all the time!” Suzy and grinned.

“I’m fine! You were the one who got choke and a-almost d-died…” IU said and went teary-eyed.

“Jieun ah, no don’t cry. I’m alright, see? I’m right here beside you and we’re safe, away from that psycho.” Suzy rubbed her back soothingly and side-hugged her sister.

 

Soon after, Suho placed three mugs of hot chocolate on the table to which the sisters gladly accept it. The three of them sipped the drink in comfortable silence and stared at the window showing the black night. After IU had her turn for a quick shower, they all settled back down in the cozy living room. Suho asked politely about the incident and Suzy then took the initiative to explain the whole story to Suho who were listening intently.

“I’m truly sorry that happened to you girls…” Suho said sincerely, looking saddened by the news.

“It’s fine; moreover, we have our taekwondo skills for defense!” Suzy proudly said.

“But still you got choke! What if I was too late—”

“Jieun, it’s already over and I’m here alive. Please, let’s forget about it, okay?” Suzy sighed and reassure her with a smile.

“Is it alright, if you guys stay the night? You can always call your parents to fetch you if you’re uncomfortable?”

“I’ll go call our parents first,” Suzy replied and ask for permission to use the house’s telephone.

 

. . .

 

“Hello?”

“Eomma it’s me, Suzy. We’re at a friend’s house right now. Sorry we didn’t buy the coffee for appa…”

“Suzy? Omo my babies?! I’m so worried! Is Jieun with you now? Are you girls safe there?”

“Yes eomma, we’re both safe and sound at a friend’s house. Don’t worry, we’re just staying the night in because we ran into some situations earlier… Can we stay here? It’s not far from our neighborhood.”

“Ah… Alright, yes you may. I trust you girls. Please take care of each other! Forget about the coffee. We’ll fetch you tomorrow morning okay?” Suzy replied a yes and bid goodbye to their mom.

 

. . .

 

Luckily it was on a Friday night. Suho told IU and Suzy that they could sleep in the empty guest room. Being stiff and unsure on how to entertain his guests, Suho awkwardly lead them to their temporary stay room. IU looked at Suho’s narrow back as he walks in front. She missed having a conversation with him like one of their night talks when they were bored last time. But that would be really awkward now. Plus, he already has a girlfriend, a very beautiful one.

 

“Here’s the guest room… you can make yourself at home. Uh… My parents and little brother are asleep upstairs. Are you guys in your pajamas?”

“Somewhat yes but at least they are comfortable to sleep in!” IU answered cheerfully.

For the first time in a while that day, a bright smile was spread across IU’s face. Even Suho took note of the difference and he felt relief to see her smile. She looks so much brighter and seemingly, a glowing aura emits from her pale complexion.

“If there’s anything you need, please ask me. My room is the door on the left nearest to the staircase. I’ll be going to my room first… goodnight IU and Suzy-sshi!” Suho waved at them before closing the door.

“Goodnight Suho oppa…” IU mumbled under her breath and smiled.

 

 

 


Hello! This is chapter 30~ I changed my story style(?) with adding a little bit of scary situations >< I hope you would like it! I've tried improving my english vocabularies and grammars but please do not judge me for if there is any mistakes you've spotted. Thank you! ^^