A New Year :)

My Secret Crush

♦My Secret Crush♦


Chapter 27

 

[ 2 years later - 19 years olds ] 

 

It is their senior year and the last year. After all the not so hard difficulties and negative stuffs happened to IU and her friends at a still young 17 years old and slightly matured 18 years old of age where high school to them is full of girly gossips, stresses on studying, maintaining academic results, some silly fights plus the cute, happy reuniting back of SuhoU which all happened 2 years ago, IU decided to at least remember all this as a lesson and basic knowledge for her to be more matured, strong and responsible now. To face the real challenges now. It is likely she would remember all the memories just vaguely and forget most of it but all these childish happenings and mini obstacles are all part of her life of growing up. Right now at her most senior's age in the high school life, they have to be more serious, likely competitive and matured. To her, the real challenge seems to be starting now but before she knew it, her life's challenges has long begun, even when she was a toodler except that it gets more harder... \OoO/

 

----------><----------

 

The bright sun soon rises from the bottom of the sky and morning comes. Little birds can be heard chirping everywhere that will wake people up and the morning dew starts to magically appear. This is the start of a new day. Specially for today as it is just the start of the month, January which means today is another new year for everyone. A new chapter like in the storybook for all students including IU. This is also the start of the first day of school of the year. There were many reactions from students which are both negative and positive when it comes to coming-back-to-school. For IU, it is negative. She hates to wake up every day in the earliest morning just for school only. Especially when she must prepare for tests and huge exams for this year and study for hours all over again just like the previous year. Like going back to square one after finishing all of the examinations with happy faces. It is always like this when new year comes.

"RRRIIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!" the alarm clock on the bedside table suddenly rang irritatingly next to her ears. 

She instantly woke up and groaned. She despised waking up in the morning just for school. ;( After immediately turning it off, she lazily made her way to the bathroom to get ready for school.

"Morning Jieun," Mr Lee said as his eyes focused on today's morning news shown in the big television. 

"Morning appa...," IU replied with a monotonous tone. 

"Good morning honey. Come and have your breakfast dear," Mrs Lee smiled brightly to IU.

"Okay... Morning too omma," IU answered lazily.

"Aigoo, what's with that tired face?" IU's mother smiled at her attitude and slapped her arms lightly.

"Because today's the first day of schoooooool!!" IU whined childishly.

"Hehe. Sorry honey, but you still have to go through it even if you feel lazy. It's a must. So just bear with it!" Mrs Lee chuckled before joining in to eat breakfast with her slightly sulky daughter.

Her father had already eaten breakfast just earlier since he has to go to work early today. Mrs Lee cooked kimchi fried rice with fried egg today. Simple and easy to eat. At least it made IU lose her sulkiness with the apetizing aroma. Yummy~! :D

"Oh! Where's unnie?" IU asked while munching on the food and looking around.

"Oh, she's still asleep in her room because her orientation day at her new college starts late," Mrs Lee replied grinning after looking at IU's changed reaction. 

IU groaned once more since she still has a long way to go to college before emerging to the real working life. Not wasting anymore time, she quickly finishes her fulfilling breakfast for the stomach and bid goodbyes to her parents before walking off to school.

'I can't believe that I'm 19 years old now! A senior year and an important year for me too?! Aish. Hwaiting to me... I guess? Heh.' IU thought unconfidently in mind.

She was really nervous and anxious since this morning to meet her friends back. After a long time not seeing them due to the long two months holiday and busy stuffs, she rarely meet with Kris, Jiyeon and Suho, her now-boyfriend. :D Even though she gets to hang out with Jiyeon since they live nearby and Kris who usually sticks by Jiyeon's side, she rarely sees Suho and wonder how and what he is doing all these while. Hmm. :/

 

----------><----------

 

Jiyeon had texted her to meet in front of her house gate. Hence, that is where IU is heading to now. Once she has arrived, she saw the usual happy-go-lucky and cheerful-looking Jiyeon with her new branded light blue polka dots school bag. Everything on Jiyeon's is newly bought items. New school bag, sparkly shoes, neatly ironed school uniform before finishing off with a cute headband and a trendy fake spectacles which were new to IU. Jiyeon also has her hair cut off till shoulder-length for a fresh new look. On the other hand, Though IU hair grows longer than when she was 17 years old, she only have a new pair of school shoes and uniform. The rest are plainly the same. It is not that she is poor and cannot afford it but her other school items are still intact and is in good condition while Jiyeon, usually gives her still in good condition past year's school items to her younger sister for use. 

"OMG MY JIEUNNIE!!! It's so long I didn't see you! I miss youuuu~!" Jiyeon ran to her excitedly and bear-hugged IU.

"Omo-- yah Ji... I NEED AIR!!" IU gasped while desperately hitting Jiyeon's back to let go.

"Oops, sorry!! Are you okay there?" Jiyeon asked half worried.

"No, I almost lost my oxygen because of you!" IU pretended to be angry.

Inside, she was super happy and relief to meet with Jiyeon, finally.

"So have you found your 'oxygen' already?" Jiyeon joked while grinning.

"Yah! Your hug was too tight so I can't breathe!" IU replied with a frown.

"Haha I'm really sorry. I'm just so eager to see you, like finally!!" Jiyeon smiled brightly.

"Me too! Let's go to school now!" IU smiled back and Jiyeon nodded.

They cling their arms together as they walked to school with a smile plastered on their bright faces. ^_^

 

----------><----------

 

While walking through the huge school metal gate, IU and Jiyeon immediately spotted the still cool-looking city guy, Kris but with a cold-looking face. He was as usual in that same corner leaning against a brick wall while listening to his own music likings from the earphones plugged to his MP3 player. There were of course a few of his admirers secretly glancing and looking at him shyly. At the same time, he looked up to see only Jiyeon in his eyes smiling widely to him. He lost his surroundings but can only see his one and only girlfriend standing tall straight there. xD His face brightened  up as he made his way to her after quickly keeping his earpiece and MP3 player. 

"Yah! You didn't text me that you were coming to school with IU. I was waiting for your reply to fetch you actually...," Kris pouted cutely. 

"Sorry I forgot about your message oppa. I was too excited to meet my fake sister!" Jiyeon grinned to IU.

"It's okay, I understand. I'm also excited to meet my best friend too!" Kris chuckled and ruffled Jiyeon's lovely arranged hair.

"Aish, oppa! Stop ruffling my hair. I've aranged it nicely... f-for you...," Jiyeon shyly said and blushed.

"What? Awwww, so sweet of you my cute little dinosaur! Sorry~!" Kris pinched both of her cheeks.

'Pfffffft. EEEWWWHHHH! This lovey dovey couple gives off too much feeeeeelss~ that I'm starting to ship them more than me and Suho!! Haha ew! ><' IU said in her mind while imagining herself vomiting the feels.

"Erm... guys?" IU hesitantly waved her hands awkwardly for attention.

"Yeah?" Kris replied back. 

"Err... I hope you don't mind but can you stop your 'lovely moments' for awhile. I need to ask you guys something...," IU said curiously. 

"Oh... h-hehe. I-it's not what you think IU!" Jiyeon as always shyly replied. 

"Eyy! You don't have to be shy, chagiya~!" Kris smirked playfully at her before the embarrassed Jiyeon punched him in the arms lightly. 

"A-anyway, Kris oppa, where is your best friend, Suho oppa?" 

"Oh... I'm actually not sure where is he...," Kris answered hesitantly.

"Huh?? What do you mean?" IU frowned deeper. 

"Well, I know he's in school from the 'Friend Locator' app but I don't see him anywhere even now and even he didn't reply my messages. So, I'm guessing he's somewhere here doing something important. That is why I was waiting for him to text me so we could meet," Kris explained nochalantly. 

"Hmm...," 

"So are we going to class without him?" Jiyeon asked hesitantly. 

"I guess...? But I think he is busy as a class leader so we have to go to our class first. Well, bye, see you guys later!" Kris waved sadly to Jiyeon before walking into a classroom. 

"Bye oppa! See you later too!" Jiyeon waved back while pouting.

IU and Jiyeon then head back to class quickly and just in time.

 

----------><---------- 

 

"Yay it's recess time!! Let's go eat now, Jiyeon!" IU said cheerfully and impatiently while dragging along Jiyeon.

"Yah! Don't drag me, you impatient girl! Are you that hungry?! I thought you have had your--"

"Aish, that was 3 hours ago. And yes, I'm really hungry! C'mon, I know you are hungry too, right!"

"Erm yes, but still Jieunnie~, can we walk gracefully and politely? You know with manners??" The embarrassed Jiyeon whispered harshly to her. 

"What's that got to do with being hungry?" IU raised an eyebrow. 

"Aigoo IU. Look around you! A lot of our 'juniors' are looking at our behaviours right now!" Jiyeon hissed quietly.

"Okay...  but since when our juniors are important to us?" asked IU again, still looking blank.

"Omg! Since when we have become the most senior in our school, dummy!" Jiyeon lightly hit her head.

"Yah! Oh... I forgot. I thought we are still below 19 years old...," IU chuckled and looked around embarrassingly at the other students who are glancing at them. 

After being embarrassed, she turned to Jiyeon who had a knowing face of "see, I told you so" and "don't blame me for that". 

"Oh, there is Kris oppa!" Jiyeon exclaimed happily as she made her way to him at a table reserved for them thanks to Kris while IU followed slightly slower behind. 

"Aww, my girlfriend is here!" Kris ruffled her hair lightly.

Jiyeon smiled shyly.  

"Oppa but why are you alone? Where is Suho?" Jiyeon asked confusedly.

Usually Kris and Suho is always together waiting for them at the canteen or if not in the morning before the lesson starts. However, this time Suho is not seen with them at all since this morning. Weird. :/

"Are you sure he is present in school today, Kris oppa? Have you double-confirmed that Suho is in school now with your Friend Locator app?" IU asked worriedly. 

"This app is automatically in instant-update so he's in school. Plus, he was in class just now."

"What? Really?!!" IU was half shock and relief and her head is full of questions of Suho's whereabouts.

"Yes except that--" 

Except that what??? O_O IU had a knowing feeling that what he is going to say next is negative.

"--that he was not acting like himself. Very moody and in a bad-temper," Kris finishes off with a frown.

IU frowned even deeper and tried to imagine a really bad temper Suho with a not smiling face. She is used to seeing his smiley and goofy face most of the time. );

"Hmm... I think something bad must have happened to him before the school opens..." IU answered hesitantly.

"Yeah, that would be the most reasonable answer. But IU ah, earlier when I tried to ask him what had happened in class, he just slammed the table hard and left the classroom until now. So...," 

Before IU could react to it, Jiyeon gasped while tapping IU's arms several times. She turned to Jiyeon and saw that her best friend's eyes were wide-opened looking at somewhere ahead. IU looked at the direction and widened her eyes too.

"It's S-suho oppa!" she mumbled in relief. 

"Oh great, that's him right? Wait, why does he kind of looked more cooler than the last time I saw him?" Kris narrowed his eyes on him.

"Yah Suho! Where are you going? We're over here!" Kris shouted not so loudly towards him. 

His actions are different too. He reacted confusedly like in a daze and shockingly too when Kris called him. IU looked at him suspiciously and noticed he has coloured his hair into a bright obvious color which is orange close to brown. Suho did not even tell IU about this. Why does he seemed so different? Why is his whole appearance doesn't seem that pure innocent and child-like image he usually is seeing when with them? 

"Hey oppa!" IU smiled shyly and waved a little. 

The more weirder thing is Suho just looked at her with a raised eyebrow and a confused look. Like as if she should not said that at all and it was wrong. But she is his girlfriend after all. o_o 

 "Erm... oppa? Why are you looking at me like that?" IU quickly grew uncomfortable under his intense stare.

Kris blurted impatiently, "Yah, what's gotten into you now? Where is your usual self? I feel like I don't recognize you at all since this morning."

"Heh, well I don't even know you at all," Suho replied as he rolled his eyes. 

That made Kris, Jiyeon and IU stared at him, frozen, shocked and in disbelief. 

"What?" Suho frowned while looking at Kris and Jiyeon before staring at IU. *_*

"'What' what?? Haha Suho that's a funny joke but stop playing a fool like this. Anyway, you're supposed to sit with us! Why the thing are you even going to sit with... Chorong, Naeun and her other mixed gang? Like what??"

"Excuse me, why do you care about me in the first place? Who I sit with and so on. They're my friends originally and seriously for real, do I even know you??" Suho asnwered angrily with confused feelings.

'WHAT THE FISH??! What is this answer and situation?? What is really going on? Is this a prank??? Can I just rewind back to the past where Suho oppa is his usual self with me and then happy ending....' IU's mind instantly flooded with confused questions.   

The three of them did not know what to say but just stood still in a daze and shocked. They had a hard time processing what Suho, their precious friend had just said to them. Has Suho lost his memories during the two months of holiday? This is something really new and unexpected to them. 

When Suho realised they are just like statues standing there with shock expressions and looking dumb, he did not care less though there is still a hesitant feeling, he walked off to where his group of friends earlier are. .__.  

 


Yay a new chapter uploaded!! :D Hello! I'm back with writing just one chapter only... and maybe more chapters if I feel like to... :/ This is the first chapter uploaded in many months for everyone! :D No matter how much I say sorry and apologise with the reasons I gave, the situation that I have not updated for many months still remains here. So I feel a bit embarrassed and shy to suddenly upload a random chapter 27 here in such a long time. However, I suddenly find inspirations and ideas to write for the next chapter and I hope this continues. :) Thank you for always reading my story my fellow readers & unnies! (maybe if I'm younger.. :D) I really like your feedbacks, views and opinions. Thank you once again! <3 This is chapter 27~ :) Hope you like it! (;