Trying to be strong! :')

My Secret Crush

♦My Secret Crush♦


 Chapter 28

 

 

                                                                                         

 

IU pout and looked at Suho sadly as he walked further and further away from her. She felt kind of disappointed when he did not return her shy greeting earlier even though him saying he does not recognise her, Jiyeon and Kris could be he has lost his memories of all of them. Shortly after the incident IU, Jiyeon and Kris ate quickly without much talkings before heading back to their classes.

Her first whole day in school did not filled with happiness and excitement. In fact, it was more of a dull and boring atmosphere. She missed Suho as she did not see him except for the recess just now. Even during recess it was just him staring at her with uncertainty and as if she was a stranger to him.

"Yah stop sighing for the fifth time!" Jiyeon said feeling annoyed.

Their school had just ended and their class successfully finished the last lesson five minutes ago.

Jiyeon glanced at her best friend with a bit of worry when she sighed again.

"How can you even have time to count it? Is it that obvious?" IU finally answered and looked at her.

"It's really obvious to me." Jiyeon nodded and joined sighing with her.

"Sorry girls for making you both wait for me," Kris brisk walked to them while panting.

"It's okay oppa. Our class were released just five minutes ago too." Jiyeon replied reassuringly and Kris sighed in relief.

"Kris oppa, are you okay? You kind of looked like a dead person...," IU hesitantly asked while pointing her finger to his face. 

To support IU's question, Jiyeon also nodded several times. "I agree too. I think you should take a deep breath and relax your self oppa. You looked really tired." 

"Okay then," he chuckled.

Kris did as he told before smiling and ruffling Jiyeon's hair making her smile wider. IU felt a sense of enviousness and missing of affection when she saw both of them being lovely to each other.

IU sighed once more while her eyes wander everywhere randomly. Suddenly, she stopped her eyes at one familiar figure with a light brownish coloured hair. His side was facing her while his face faced directly to a very beautiful girl and he was happily talking to her. They looked like a sweet couple who does cute little skinships everytime they meet to IU's view. The figure was actually Suho and the girl was known as one of the top prettiest girl in the school, Bae Irene. Jealousy filled her mind as she looked at them from far with a hurt heart. 

 

                                                                            

 

"IU!" Jiyeon called her.

"Huh? What?" She turned to them immediately with a confused face. 

"Come on, let's go home." Jiyeon clinged her hand onto IU's arms.

"What about Su-Suho oppa?" IU asked with a visible worried face.

"Sorry IU, w-we don't know what to do towards his sudden change of behaviour." Kris frowned.

"Y-yeah. And he also looked like he has lost his memories so..." Jiyeon replied cautiously, trying not to hurt IU with her words. 

"So both of you are just going to forget about him??!" IU replied with anger building inside of her.

How can they both just react to this big matter calmly. Why am I the only one worrying about him and just why??

"N-no!! We can't just forget about my best friend." Kris shook his head quickly. 

"Then why aren't you guys worried about this situation?" IU asked with teary eyes.

"Hey, of course we still are his friends and we are worried... but he distanced himself from us and hang out with Chorong's gang or whoever he hangs out with now as he clearly doesn't remember us. We can't force him to remember us. We must be patient." Kris explained softly and patted her back. 

"Kris oppa is right, IU ah. We're all really not okay with this but we can't just force him to join us like normally. Let's go home first and see what we can do tomorrow, okay?" Jiyeon rubbed her back to give comfort.

IU nod slowly and slightly smiled but she still looked unconvinced and worried. Jiyeon then walked home with IU and Kris accompanying them while walking beside Jiyeon.

From far, Suho who had lost his memories even before school reopens suddenly feel the urge to stare at this mysterious girl named IU once more before she and her other friends went out of school to probably go home. He feels that he was closely related to her somehow but is still uncertain as he barely knows her. 

"Oppa! What are you looking at?" the pretty girl named Bae Irene asked while pouting. 

"Ah... nothing just a girl who had just walked away."

"But why must you looked at that girl?" Irene frowned. 

"She just looks like someone familiar I guess." Suho shrugged and smiled slightly. 

"Not because of... she's pretty?" Irene pouted cutely.

"No. You're already too pretty in my eyes for me to look at other girls." Suho chuckled and patted her head softly. 

Irene who heard his cheesy words grinned from ear to ear in bliss. In her mind she thought she was lucky to have met him in her life. 

"Aw~ oppa~! I think we should be going home now," Irene suggested brightly.

"Alright then, let me walk you home. Kaja~!" Suho grinned and ruffled her hair before grabbing both of her shoulders while leading her from behind. 

They both giggled childishly like kids playing with each other. When outsiders looked at them, they would usually giggle and admired them in awe and fondness. However IU was one of the slightly outsider people who looked at them the opposite way. With envy and jealousy.

When IU went back home she quickly put all her school stuffs away and changed into her home clothes before she shut her room door. She hugged her knee while trying to think of everything that had happened today. 

 

----------><----------

 

The next day, IU went to school as usual with Jiyeon. She tried to be positive after spending most of her time thinking of yesterday's incident yesterday night. 

"IU... are you okay?" Jiyeon asked her carefully.

"Yes I am. Why?" IU replied with raised eyebrows.

"You seemed to be in a deep thought and we didn't talk much since earlier."

"I'm really okay. Just thinking about yesterday's incident and... I made my mind to be patient and positive to it!" IU replied with determination and smiled sincerely. 

Jiyeon smiled along as she could sense sincerity behind her best friend's smile and words.

When they both arrived in front of the school's gate, suddenly she saw Suho hanging out with the same clique and with the same girl, Bae Irene yesterday. They were all smiling to each other especially the looks on Suho's face smiling the widest towards Irene as the girl tells them a seemingly amusing story. She immediately forget all her determination and positiveness as she felt her heart breaking slowly.  

 

Suho's clique >.<

 

"Jiyeon, that's Suho oppa and... his new friends." IU said softly.

"O-oh yeah, I guess." Jiyeon nodded hesitantly. 

They both glanced at where Suho and his friends are.

Chorong was the first one to spotted IU and Jiyeon looking at them and she smirked secretly. As IU and Jiyeon were waiting for Kris to arrive, they strolled around the school and eventually passed by Chorong and her friends. Unfortunately, she stopped them from going any further.

"Hey guys!" Chorong greeted cheerfully.

IU and Jiyeon looked at each other before narrowing their eyes to her with suspicion. What the actual thing is going on? Is she for real greeting us, her enemies?! So are we supposed to be greeting our enemy back? Has she lost her memories too? Thought IU with confusion.

"H-hi too?" Jiyeon greeted her hesitantly with a little wave. 

IU nodded along as a reply.

"Ey~ IU it's rude you don't greet me back!" Chorong fake smiled and lightly punched her arms.

IU laughed hesitantly to show that she is not a robot and quickly did a little wave at Chorong. She could feel that Suho was staring at her from her peripheral eye view. She tried her best to not look at him and looked anywhere else. 

"It's been so long we never talk to each other, right? How are you guys doing?" Chorong continued to engage them in a conversation. 

Inside IU's mind she wanted to knock Chorong out and just disappear into thin air and teleport to another place with Jiyeon, far from here. Chorong still looked at them, hoping for an answer from one of them. 

In the end, IU replied cautiously. "Y-yeah, it's been a while... W-We're doing fine though this important year is a nervous one for us. How about you? And Naeun?" 

"Same too. We're all good and a bit nervous for the final year exam. We both got ourselves a boyfriend too~." Chorong and Naeun both shyly smiled towards their boyfriend who smiled in return.

"Oh that's nice. Hope you guys last long!" Jiyeon replied with a hint of sarcasm.

"Aww thanks. Hope yours last long too~!" Chorong over-reacted with her smile and replied sarcastically back to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon just give in to her and fake her smile. 

"Anyway IU, where is your boyfriend?" Naeun smirked to her.

STOP SMIRKING YOU IDIOT MY BOYFRIEND IS JUST RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FREEKING EYES. CAN'T YOU SEE??! 

"Um..." IU could not find an answer to reply as she does not want to lie and create a trouble later on.

"I don't know." IU finally replied hesitanly. 

"What? How can you know where your boyfriend is?" Chorong chuckled and glanced at Suho who has a stoic expression.

IU suddenly meet with Suho's eyes and for a few seconds, it stayed. She can see that Suho had his arms wrapped around Irene's petite waist. They seemed so perfect and fitted to be together. So they... are girlfriend and boyfriend?? How...? Why did all this happen? It's too much for me. ;_;

"No, w-we just broke up..." IU replied again. 

She made the choice to lie even if it hurts. Her tears were threatening to fall but she kept still and blinked her eyes several times to prevent her tears to fall.

"What?! Are you for real?! When??" Naeun looked at her in disbelief. 

Even Chorong could not believe what IU had just said. She had already imagined that IU would be stuttering and not finishing her reply as would be running away, crying embarrassingly while Chorong and Naeun looked at her feeling satisfied. She did not expect her to act unmoved and have courage to say it. 

When IU said that, Suho felt a sense of guilt going to his mind. He was clueless to why he felt guilty but he just felt like it was his fault that IU and her so called boyfriend broke up. What Chorong know so far was that Suho didn't break up with IU. She know Suho has lost his memories from an accident after his mother who trusted her as his childhood friend ask a favour to take care of him. 

"Yes. Just recently," she replied confidently.

Jiyeon know she is lying right now so she just go with the flow.

"I'm sorry for that. Can I know what's the reason?" Irene asked innocently. 

"He changed his attitude suddenly. Is there any more questions for us?" Jiyeon glared at Chorong.

"Um... No, you can carry on with what you're doing earlier." Chorong managed to fake smiled at them. 

With that answer, Jiyeon know what to do as she quickly dragged IU away from them and went to their usual place to calm down, the school garden. There IU just break down and fall to her knees as she cried continuously like a small hurted child. Jiyeon felt like crying too when she saw how heartbroken IU felt at the moment. She kneeled down beside IU since no one is there luckily and comforted her while rubbing her back.

"IU, you said you want to stay positive and be patient. It's okay to cry but let's not be negative, okay. There must be a solution to it."

"I-I just can't bear to look at Suho oppa being really close to another g-girl..." IU muttered in between her cries.

"I know. I would react like you too if this happens to Kris oppa. Remember, whatever it is and no matter how long it takes, we must be patient and positive like you've said earlier, okay?" IU nodded slowly and hugged Jiyeon. 

After drying her tears out and make herself calm down, IU and Jiyeon calmly walked out of the garden and at the same time spotted Kris with a sulky face.

"Ya... Jiyeonnie, where were you?" Kris pouted. 

"O-oh... sorry oppa that you have to look for me first thing in the morning. IU kind of had a break down so I brought her here..." 

"Why? What happened?" Kris frowned. 

"Because of Chorong and her friends asking a bit obvious questions just now. Plus Suho was there too and he was holding a girl's waist. I think that's his... um girlfriend. That made IU like this." Jiyeon explained cautiously while glancing at IU. 

"Chorong? I thought she moved school or something? It's been a long time I didn't see her and her friend Nayeon or whoever she is. And what the hell Suho?? He cheated on IU!! My little sister?!"

"Since when am I your sister?" IU looked at him in disbelief.  

"Since Jiyeon and I are married." Kris replied nochalantly and showed that infamous smirk.

"Y-yah oppa!!! Err, that's too far..." Jiyeon slapped his arms and felt embarrassed.

"You might not realise but time flies really quickly." Kris looked at her lovingly.

OMG FOR REAL GUYS. Not these lovey dovey moments again in front of meee??!!! >.< 

"H-hehe oppa, we should talk about this more later okay? Now's not exactly the right time." Jiyeon grinned awkwardly.

"Alright my baby dinosaur girl." Kris chuckled and ruffles her hair once more.

Jiyeon grew shy and blushed madly when he calls her that nickname.

"Okay guys, please stop your lovely moments for now. I don't think it's appropriate in front of me..."

"Ahaha sorry Jieunnie. Oh, I just realised your name and Jiyeon's rhymed the same way. No wonder you guys are sisters in heart! See that's also why I call you as my fake little sister."

"So you just realised that now oppa?" Jiyeon show a poker face. [._.]

"Erm... yeah I guess." Kris broke into a smile.

The three of them laughed heartily. A real laugh today. =)  

 

----------><----------

 

School had just ended as usual and IU was walking out of the school gate to go home alone. Both Jiyeon and Kris had CCA today and it is going to end late. So Jiyeon asked IU to just go home first. 

"H-hey... um IU-sshi..." a familiar voice called to IU softly.

IU immediately turned her head to the person she had been missing and wanting to talk to so badly. It was her own boyfriend Suho.

"Y-yes oppa?" IU widened her eyes and smiled widely.

"Why do you call me your "oppa"?" he showed a puzzling and shock face.

"Ah... s-sorry." IU apologised hesitantly. 

She does not know if she must laugh or cry at his question. 

"But seriously, I need to know. Before I got into an accident, do I know you? Are you someone special to me that I allow you to call me that?" Suho asked softly while staring at her eyes. 

Without her realising, they were both walking beside each other and out of the school. It makes her remind of the memories when Suho used to walk IU back home. ;_;

"Y-you got into an accident!?" IU asked in disbelief.

"Yes. That was why I don't remember anything before it." Suho replied and IU slowly nodded.

"You haven't answer my questions yet."

"Oh r-right. Erm... we were really close because... you were m-my boyfriend..." 

"W-what? I'm really your boyfriend??!" Suho widened his eyes. 

Yes oppa! Yes you're and still is my boyfriend as we haven't break up yet. We didn't even think of it.

"The one you said you broke up with?"

"Um... Y-yes but..." IU replied while looking down. 

A disappointed face is visibly shown on IU's face and Suho noticed that.

"But?" 

"Hey oppa~! There you are! You did not wait for me..." Irene pouted and hugged him from behind to which Suho chuckled.

Or more known as a back-hug. IU slightly widened her eyes when she witnessed it in front of her eyes.

"Ah... I'll go home first. Annyeong!" IU bowed a little and almost turned around. 

"Oh hey, you must be IU right?" Irene innocently asked.

IU turned to Irene and nodded and smiled shyly to her. She was amazed at how pretty she looked. 

"I'm Irene, Suho's girlfriend. Nice to meet you~!" she said cheerfully and grinned. 

Even her smile looks pure beautiful and sincere. It could be the reason she is Suho's girlfriend..

"Ah... Nice to meet you too." IU bowed a little.

"Why don't you walk with us? We're going home too." 

"Ah no, it's okay! If not it'll be awkward..."

"Okay then, walk safely. See you tomorrow IU, bye~!"

"A-annyeong too." IU did a last wave to them before turning away.   

"Be safe." She heard Suho reminded her from behind softly and she smiled sadly while looking in front. 

IU feel bad as she does want to hurt Irene's feelings since she is his girlfriend now. ;_; Maybe next time she will be honest with him. She believed that time will come together and let her have the courage to say the truth to him. One day. :(

AIGOO LEE JIEUN. What have you done to yourself?? What have I done to myself? In the end, I made the choice. I made it happen like seriously!? I could have tell the truth but... according to my true heart, I feel like it's not the right time yet. Maybe this huge problem could make me learn something valuable? For now, let's be patient and positive! Yes! But I don't want to create a big trouble now. I don't even want to create a bigger mess later on. Am I too late?? I think I'm starting to regret it. Great IU ah. You have made another mistake... Wait, hold on, I must still be positive! Okay, so whatever my choice is I think there must and will be a solution to it. Hwaiting to me! :D -IU thoughts

 

 


Hello everyone! I've updated again yay!! Could this be the start of me writing stories again? :) Hmm... maybe but I don't plan to rush everything so it takes time to finish the whole story of My Secret Crush! ^_^ Well bye-bye, see you again next time! Thank you to all who have been patiently waiting or reading my one and only story here! 💝💕💖💛 I hope you like it! (;