Suho's Lost Memory

My Secret Crush

♦Chapter 29♦


 

 

 

~Flashback~

It was during the long period of school holiday and in the really cold December. Around late afternoon at about 5, Suho had just walked out of a park nearby his house to take a usual stroll and relax his mind off things. He was on his way to go back home feeling quite exhausted but very relaxed. He stopped at a traffic junction and wait for all of the vehicles to reach to a stop when the traffic light flash red to reach the other side of the pavement. From his peripherical view, he spotted a girl around his age looking isolated and has her head looking towards the ground. She must have had a bad day. He thought carefully while glancing at her every few seconds. The girl suddenly just walked ahead to the road without stopping while vehicles were still on-going. Cars tried to hold their breaks and abruptly stopped while horning loudly in anger. Suho widened his eyes and immediately ran towards the girl without hesitation and grabbed her arms. 

The girl looked shocked at his sudden appearance. Suho quickly dragged her out of the road.

 "HEY ARE YOU CRAZY!!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Suho shouted at the girl.

"Go away!" the girl muttered coldly.

"What?" Suho frowned. 

"I said go away! I don't know you. You have no rights to interfere me!" The girl pushed him away roughly. 

"I have the rights to if I want to help you. Why do you decided to kill yourself at a young age? It must've been a really big and life-threatening problem till you want to end your life."

"Yes it is and don't help me!"

"I'm here right now so I'm trying as much as I can to help you. Talk about it with me so I can be your listening ear." 

The girl suddenly looked at Suho with softened eyes. She seemed to slowly opening up and wanted to cry her eyes out. After much courage and a little bit of introduction of each other she finally told him the whole story at the park he went to earlier.

"Don't worry, you can trust me on this. If you're uncomfortable to talk to me, it's okay. Just don't end this precious life." Suho smiled reassuringly and the girl nodded.

"F-fine. Well... I met this guy from another class and we became a couple. His friends kind of dislikes me because I was not popular like them and I'm a nerd however my ex-boyfriend ignore their bad advices and continues to be with me as we both love each other. I feel relief and touched by his loyalty. We were both doing great and happy until two weeks ago we decided to break up shortly after a year of being together. He confessed to me politely that he didn't felt anything towards me anymore and just wants to keep our relationship as close friends. Hence we broke up in good terms and being his "close" friend is still a better choice. But suddenly after that, his group of clique or known as friends that hates me started to tease me so badly that it becomes to bullying. My best friend and I are always bullied by them and it annoyed us to death. It goes on for a week and my ex-boyfriend doesn't seemed to take much care in it as he founds himself a new girl and he just changed himself like his bad friends. His words to stay in contact with me as "close friend" died down just like that. T-then I found out my best friend has a cancer and she... she p-passed away a few days ago. My parents are always as usual busy with their business overseas and I'm the only child so I'm always alone and bored at home. No one except my best friend cares about me. But the loss of her made me feel more insecure and my life became more lonely since no one wants to take note of my presence anymore. His friends still continues to tease me with all sorts of items being thrown at me, calling me names, hurting me with harsh words related to that jerk saying I was a cheater and unloyal to him. I mean, what did I ever do so wrong to them that they bully me? It doesn't make any sense!?" the girl whose name is Bae Irene finally confessed to Suho with mad teary eyes. 

Suho nodded slowly after taking in all her words into his mind. Irene sobbed silently feeling helpless as her head experiencing a sharp pain. Suho hesitantly went to hug her and pat her back softly to comfort her.

​"It's okay, just let it all out. It's okay to cry after what you've been through which is really unfair. Just cry until you're satisfied."

​"T-thank... you.... to w-whoever y-you are!" Irene said between her tears and muffled voice.

​"No problem." Suho smiled sincerely.

​He was glad to be able to save a person's life that wanted to commit suicide. He was glad to help someone feel better too. Little did he know, the girl's heart was moved by his sincere help and pure heart that she started to like him.

​After accompanying and sending the girl home as to ensure her safety, it was already dark in the evening and he was walking back home. IU messaged him randomly and that made him smile even wider. He glanced at the traffic light once and saw it lighted green. Hence, he began to brisk walk normally.

 

My Jieun: Heyo oppa! What are you up to? ^^

​Guardian Oppa: Hey :) I'm on my way home from the park just now ^^

​My Jieun: Ahh :) But where you at now?

​Guardian Oppa: I'm crossing the road :)

​My Jieun: CAREFUL!! Look in front and just walk until you reach to safety okay! 

​Guardian Oppa: Haha alright :)

 

Suho was smiling from ear to ear at her cute reminder. He immediately slipped his phone in his pocket and continue crossing. Suddenly, a loud screeching sound vibrated across the area. He was shocked by the sudden sound and looked around frantically for it. The next thing he saw was a speeding red car driving its way out of control towards him. It looks like the driver was trying to stop the car from the brake but it was too late. Suho's body collided with the car and he was sent flying quite a distance before landing on the hard concrete road with his back facing the ground. Blood went gushing out from the back of his head and he was in a deep unconscious state. There were a few witnesses who were preparing to cross the road. They quickly ran towards him while one of them called for an ambulance.

 

​My Jieun: Suho oppa? It's been 10 mins already. I'm sure the road crossing wasn't that long right? Hehe

My Jieun: Hey are you there?

My Jieun: Did something bad happen to you? I have a bad feeling o_o

​My Jieun: Oppa please pick up my call! I'm going there!

​-20 minutes later-

​My Jieun: I'm here... Where are you? There's been an accident and I heard it involves a young girl. It's a relief it's not you but I feel sorry for that girl :(

My Jieun: Where are you Suho?? It's been 2 days since you didn't reply to my messages... 

My Jieun: Today is the day I'm going on a family vacation to Singapore with my family.. Please reply quickly? Is something the matter? 😟

My Jieun: I don't know what's wrong with you and I can't even meet you since you aren't replying to me. I went to your house to check on you earlier, your neighbour told me you went away and never came back since this morning.. Did you fight with your parents? Is that why you went to the park?

My Jieun: I don't want to go to the vacation already.. I'm worried about you and idk what to do. But I still have to go... I hope you are doing well somewhere.. I love you oppa and please take care where ever you are. I need to see you when I'm back 💙 

 

​Little did she know the message she sent was not read by Suho as he was involved in a terrible car accident. The vacation went on smoothly for a full one week at Singapore, one of the most popular tourist attraction country. Even though it was just 4 of them -- IU, her sister Suzy, mom and dad, they did have fun and are in bliss. The worriness about Suho soon disappears from her mind slowly. 

By the time she came to Seoul from Singapore, school is almost starting. There's still exactly two more weeks before school is open. Suho still has not read her messages to her horror and she frowned deeper. She has decided on Monday when school reopens, she need to see and talk to him immediately right that instant. At the same time, she feel excited to be back in school again to meet Jiyeon, Kris and probably her talkative and unavoidable teachers again.

On the day of the accident, Suho was immediately rushed to the hospital and straight away into the surgery room. He endured the tiring and long hours of surgery successfully. He suffers from a serious head injury that could result in him having a concussion and probably a lost memory. Sadly, IU did not know about this yet.

Suho's mother was anxiously waiting outside the surgery room when the door opened. The doctor looked very exhausted and as if he did not have enough sleep but Mrs Kim took no pity on the doctor and immediately went to the doctor's side for the result.

"Doctor how is he now? What is the result? Is he okay??" Mrs Kim asked in panic. 

"Calm down Mrs Kim. The surgery went smoothly and is a success," the doctor announced calmly. 

Mrs Kim sighed in relief as she regained her steady breathing.

"However, right now his brain cannot funtion well. Due to the strong fall impact affecting on his back head, he got a serious injury in a specific part which causes minor fractures in his lower part of the skull. Since we've just done the surgery on his head near to his brain, this commonly affects his brain's mind. Thus, he might have slight concussion or memory lost so he needs to really stay in the bed until improvements shows in himself."

"Omo my poor son. For how long he needs to rest?" 

"Up to three to five weeks. It depends on how his head is coping with the surgery and injury.

"I see... t-thank you doctor." Mrs Kim bowed deeply and the doctor nodded once.
 
"E-excuse me... are you Suho's mother? Mrs Kim?" a pale girl asked softly.
"Yes. And who are you, dear?"
"Oh I-I'm his newly made-f-friend, Bae Irene."
"Oh, hello dear. Are you here for him too?" the girl looked blank for a while so Mrs Kim repeated her question.
"Are you here to see Suho too?" she quickly nodded.
"Um... How is he, Mrs Kim?"
"Thankfully, he is okay but he needs to rest in bed for a few more weeks to properly recover his condition."
"Oh my... this news is just so sudden."
"Yes, it is to me too."
"Well, your son had just saved me from a very critical situation earlier... and thanks to him, I've made a new friend. Him. Someone who actually wants to help me. I've never felt this safe in such a long time because of him. I don't know how to thank him fully if we meet again."
"Ah I see. Perhaps visiting him everyday to check on him will do. He is destined to help you and so you accept it with a happy heart is already enough." Mrs Kim smiled warmly to her.
 
"I wonder if Jieun knows about this..."
"S-sorry?"
"No dear, I'm not referring to you."
"Ah I see."
 
From then on, Irene visits both Suho's mother and Suho himself every day without a miss. A week later in the hospital Suho woke up from his short coma to Irene's surprise and he remembered her miraculously. They spent each day meaningfully as if they only have each other in their life. Suho has also fallen in love to her for who she is. A sweet, understanding and loyal friend to him who is always there by his side. They both realised their feelings and good things bloomed on in their life. One thing he does not realise is that he does not remember his best friend, Jiyeon and IU who were present in his life.
 
 
 

Hello T_T If you readers come back (if there is), do read this or you don't have to! I hope you like today's chapter and pardon for my English (I've improved a bit from the last time)! ^^
 
I'm back after a very very long time of leaving this story unattended. I know some of you might/will be feeling disappointed, angry, uninterested anymore. Still, I need to apologise indirectly to the readers who are tired of waiting and abandoning this story at the same time. If there's those few or even just one reader still waiting patiently for the next chapter, I'm deeply sorry and thank you very much for being loyal. Thank you for reading this story even if it's not at its perfection. First off, I don't know how to explain well about my disappearance as a writer to this story. I'm very bad at explaining. I must admit that I'm not a genius writer with the perfect time management. We all have been unintentionally succumbed to our dear enemy; the lazy and the procrastinator. And that's what happened to me too. Since I've already forgotten about this story and remembered it back, I thought it was just okay to leave it like that because I've also come across stories with unfinished endings (I know it's not a good reason + me as bad author-nim). I wasn't even in the slightest worry about this story because this is just a story I got inspired to write and I only create stories whenever I feel the urge to. 
 
So to conclude, I'm a really lazy person and not a responsible author-nim and I feel the need to give an explanation (it might not be the whole) to the readers who read this incomplete story eventually.
 
I've always been having thoughts to finish a story at the back of my head but guess what? I've not done them because I simply didn't prepare the materials to write and these kpop (BTS and more) distractions have been keeping me from writing hehe... Not only that, my final exams (a very major and important one) are slowly but surely making its way towards me. I'm almost finishing with the first lap and preparing for the 2nd lap. Is this author-nim hard working? No. Right now, I should be studying hard for exams but it's not easy for me with all these distractions. One of it is also reading. Yes, other than writing I love to read fiction stories too. ;_; Aishh now that I've started explaining, I don't know how to end it... *awkward smile* Hence, that's the reasons I'm not meeting the story standards of other amazing author-nims and for not completing my story quickly. Well after this, I won't promise you guys that I will straight away update any time soon again. I hope you guys would understand. Yes, please call me a bad author-nim because you have the right to! I feel like I'm talking to myself hehe. Thank you and I'm sorry once again. I love you readers and really appreciate your time in reading my story. It means something - like a special/touched feelings to me having to know that people from different walks of life do read my story. Thank you! I will end off here now. I hope everyone will have a nice day ahead. Fighting! ^^ 
-eternityexo-(I know the colour is ugly but I like yellow so hehe)