Chapter 9

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Minho locked the front door. He and Sulli walked together to the elevator. Both of them had a plan going to their parents’ house after the wedding was wrapped up yesterday. When they passed by a door of their neighbor’s unit, Sulli stopped all of sudden which made Minho also halted his step and looked at her.

“What’s wrong? Hurry up! I still have something to do later after this.” Minho said and scowled at Sulli.

“You head downstairs first. I’ll follow later.” Sulli said without looking at him.

Minho frowned but then he just dryly hummed in response. Without saying anything else, he walked away leaving her there.

Minho hesitantly walked in to the elevator, he fought the urge in asking Sulli what does she want to do but then his ego won over his curiosity. They just had a fight this morning after all. When the elevator was slowly sliding close, Minho caught a glimpse of Sulli was standing nervously facing their neighbor’s door.

“What is she trying to do?” Minho frowned and mumbled to himself but then he shook his head. “It’s none of my business.”

 

 

Sulli gulped nervously when her index finger reluctantly uplifted to press the doorbell. Her intention was standing here right now is nothing other than she wanted to make a formal apology to this neighbor.

As much as she hated to accept what Minho said, but he was indeed right about the way she insanely acted without using her brain. She was for being so inconsiderate and irresponsible with her loud noise, screaming and yelling recklessly without having a thought that she might already invade people’s privacy by the next door.

Sulli never intended to cause any harm and because of that she totally felt bad right now until her conscience telling her to do what she thought it is right. She hopes after her sincerest apology, he/she will understand and they surely can get along fine after.

The door swung opened appearing a guy behind the door, instantly making Sulli was rigidly startled and immediately was brought back from her reverie.

“Ooh! Annyeonghas--” Sulli’s greeting voice suddenly was hung in the air but instead her eyes went widened.

“Wait a minute!” A guy in front of her uttered and studied Sulli. He also had the shocked expression on his face but later a wide grin slowly appeared. He let out a chuckle, sounded unbelievable. “Just who am I having here in front of my apartment?”

“S-Sunbaenim? Jinki sunbae?” Sulli asked in surprise.

“Sulli?!” He said back with a wide smile, like giving her the confirmation.

“OMG!!” Sulli brought her hands to , almost couldn’t believe what the situation she was in.

“Long time no see, Sulliver!!” Jinki jokingly said and ruffled Sulli’s hair as she giggled in response.

 


 

Minho entered Jisung's office room and sat down facing his dad.

"Where is Sulli?" Jisung asked. He closed the file he was reading and concentrated to have the conversation with his son.

"At her house, well it should be called her parents' now. She is there to take her things to our house later." Minho answered nonchalantly.

Jisung nodded. He noticed Minho looked kinda weary. He smirked a little. "Didn't you get enough sleep last night son? Can I assume something good happened yesterday?"

Minho instantly gave his dad a frowning look and sighed. "As much as I don't want to crash your hope but I think I have to. To your dismay nothing happened at all between me and your daughter in law. You shouldn’t expect good thing to be progressing with us, Appa."

Jisung sighed. "I thought we already made it clear about that, Minho."

"I know but you can't force us, you know. We agreed to give it a chance but that doesn't mean we have to force our will to do thing opposite from our hearts though." Minho said.

"Look Minho, you two are grown up now and we are no longer in position to use the parents' power to compel you anymore." Jisung said.

"But you are still doing it now." Minho mumbled.

Jisung chuckled. "And if we are, do you think you two are going to comply with us?"

Minho looked away from his dad. Yes, in the outside he and Sulli just put an act as if they comply with whatever the elders desired from them. They had agreed to make it's just a show and temporary only until one year has ended and everything will fall to the place where they want it to.

"Don't think that we are dumb Minho. We, parents have been raising both of you with so much love and care like forever. And do you really think we’re a failure, don’t understand you in and out and have no idea of what is the two of you are up to?" Jisung continued as Minho only stayed quiet and slumped his back on the chair. Jisung sighed. "Just for the last time, please wholeheartedly give it try Minho. I don't want you to force yourself but at least I hope you'll try your best to make it work. You will never know what will be turned out if you don't try."

Many seconds went by of silence until Minho let out a deep sigh and in hesitation he nodded halfheartedly. "We will see about that."

Jisung smiled in relief. "Good."

Minho lightly smiled in return to Jisung.

"Well btw I heard from Yonghwa that you are interested in his Library shop Cafe." Jisung engaged another topic of their conversation.

Minho was shock for his dad found it out. He looked at Jisung while caressing his nap awkwardly. "Geez, that hyung!!"

"So it's true then. Why didn't you tell me? I can help you, you know." Jisung calmly said while studying Minho’s expression.

"No, I can manage it.” Minho said and looked at Jisung in guilt. He knew he was wrong to decide running a business without consulting with his parents. Although it was just a small one but it was still considered as a serious matter he should discuss first with them. “I’m sorry Appa, I didn't mean to hide it. I just planned to tell you once everything is all settled."

Jisung looked at his son with full of proud smile. Minho might be so young in his early 20s but he's such a mature and independent child, he could perfectly see his passion in what he determinedly wants to do. Look now, in behind their back, Minho had his own way to make it happened. Jisung firmly believed in his son that he’s truly a capable one. He doesn't need to worry either in the future when he hands over the Choi’s legacy to be under care of Minho.

"Well then, I’m fine with that. But don’t be hesitant to tell me anytime if you need my help." Jisung said, smiling.

Minho smiled happily. He felt so relief for his dad supports him.

"And don't forget to tell Sulli. Your wife has right to know what is her husband doing and also in case you need her help.” Jisung continued.

Minho faintly smiled. He thought even if she knows it or not, it doesn't even matter. They are nothing to each other anyways. She would doesn't care about his business as well as the same way he does to her.

Jisung then took out an envelope and gave to Minho. He frowned in curiosity before opened it and found two plane tickets for the trip to Jeju.

Minho showed them to his dad and looked at him with his round eyes.  "You don't mean sending us there to have honeymoon, do you?"

Jisung smiled. "I learn that your college will have a spring break for a short period of time in a few months. So here, I want you two to relax in your upcoming break in Jeju. Well, you can consider it as your honeymoon."

 


 

After having lunch with their parents, Minho and Sulli traveled back to their place.

Despite that they just had a usual fight this morning, the next thing afterward there should be having the hostile glare here and there toward each other but now instead of that Minho found Sulli oddly looked cheerful and sometime he caught her smiling like an idiot alone to herself. He kinda noticed it since they drove off to their parents' house since the morning but he just shrugged it away, thought that he might imagined thing. But now his perception told him that he was right. Sulli was indeed strange. What happened to her?

Just now, he told her about the plan of their vocation to Jeju so called honeymoon for a week, she totally startled him by gasping in excitement, in contrast which he thought she would definitely yell at him in exasperation and surely leading to another quarrel between them.

"Oh god! No school to get headache and I can even enjoy the spring break in Jeju. That's great." Sulli said happily in her seat.

Minho just glanced at her in confusion. He shook his head. Does she stupidly forget that they will travel there together? Last time he checked, she extremely hates his existence around her so much, so why now?? Minho stretched his hand to touch Sulli's forehead which made the latter immediately slapped it away.

"I thought you're sick physically but seemingly you have a mental illness." Minho said and then chuckled when he felt the pissed Sulli is back.

"You are the one who is crazy." Sulli scoffed. "Of course, I do hate the idea that we are going to be there together for total a week but I'd be stupid to sulk over that matter and then waste my chance to enjoy myself there." Sulli smirked. "I guess it's not that difficult if I'll consider you invisible."

Minho rolled his eyes and mumbled incoherent word but still enough for Sulli was able to hear it. She just hissed at him before laughed it off later. He just shook his head in reply and concentrated back to his driving.

Minho pulled the car over the side road in front of their apartment building. Sulli was about to get out but then she noticed Minho didn't remove his seatbelt.

"Yah! Do you suppose me to carry all the stuffs alone by myself up there?" Sulli asked.

"Of course, it's your things anyways." Minho replied with a sarcastic smile. "Get out. I have something else better to do now."

"No, you are not allowed to go anywhere yet. You have to carry them with me to upstairs." Sulli said, referred to the plants she brought with them from her house.

Sulli quickly unbuckled Minho's seatbelt. Her act was so fast even before he could protest.

"C'mon, don't be so mean to me and your babies." Sulli said.

Minho arched his brows. "My babies?? Seriously, when did those troubled plants become my babies?"

"Since when the minister declared to the whole world, we are married." Sulli said and then gave Minho a merong before she got out of the car.

Minho rolled his eyes but then his lips curved into a smile, finding Sulli was cute.

"Geez cute! She is such a pest." Minho said to himself before he went out of the car following Sulli.

Both of them were taking out the cardboard boxes from the trunk which contained the plants inside to put on the ground. Sulli scolded Minho to be careful but the latter didn't really listen. He ignored the nagging Sulli. He didn't exactly know whether he was just annoying or he actually wanted to tease Sulli.

"Stop glaring! I told you I didn't want to do it since the first place but you forced me to. So well, now hurry up, bring them upstairs. I still have somewhere else to go later." Minho said as he ignored Sulli's scowl and bent down to pick up the box.

"Sulli!!"

Minho heard someone called her. He casually looked at the same direction with Sulli to find the source of caller. As soon as Minho saw that person, he furrowed his brows in thinking of who was that guy. He really looked familiar and then little by little recognition sunk into his head. He was one of the outstanding seniors back in their high school.

'Lee Jinki.' His name appeared from his memory. Automatically Minho switched his gaze from Jinki to Sulli to see her reaction.

"Sunbae!" Sulli exclaimed happily as she even moved a few steps forward to reach Jinki.

Minho's breath turned hitch. His hands griped on the box in his hand. The sight before him was enough to paint the tense expression on his face.

"Oh hi Minho. It’s been long. How have you been?" Jinki greeted Minho smilingly with Sulli by his side.

Resisted the urge rolling his eyes, Minho faked a small smile. "Yes sunbae! It's been few years. What a nice coincidence we met here."

"You don't believe it, Minho. Sunbae is living here, I mean he's our neighbor." Sulli butted it to talk, showing her bright eyes smile.

"What?! Neighbor!!" Minho repeated in surprise. He looked at Jinki skeptically. "You live here. Why?"

Jinki laughed. "Why what? Am I not allowed to live here? I actually was also surprise to know you guys are living next door when this morning Sulli appeared in front of my door out of blue. Btw congratulations on your wedding."

Minho nodded in smiling. He was caught off guard to his own question earlier and immediately glanced away to hide his embarrassment. He then stared at Sulli as in scolding her, she didn't tell him at all since the morning.

"What’s with these boxes?" Jinki broke the silence.

"Ahh … my babies." Sulli playfully replied, smiling.

Jinki chuckled. "The Plants?! Seem like you never change at all, Sulli."

Minho noticed the tender gaze of Jinki to Sulli. His jaw clenched due to something he was unable to explain why but he just disliked what he was seeing. Minho looked away.

"Then let me help you to bring them upstairs." Jinki offered his hand to Sulli, making Minho quickly retrieved his eyes on Jinki.

"Oh! If it’s not a bother to you sunbae I’m actually seeking for one." Sulli replied. She then looked at Minho. "You have something to do right? So just go. I think we can manage them without you."

Minho frowned displeasingly at Sulli and before he could say anything, she suddenly took the box from his hand.

What? Did she just dismiss him? No! By that look, it was more likely she shooed him away.

Minho irritatingly rolled his eyes seeing them ignored him in instance. They carried the boxes in their hands and then walked away from him. Returning to his car, Minho couldn't help but spun around to take a glimpse of Sulli and Jinki. He unconsciously smiled when Sulli called him from afar.

"Will you have dinner at home or not?" Sulli asked.

Minho suppressed a satisfied smile. Yes, they are a married couple now and so cooking is one of Sulli's duties from now on since he had no knowledge even one bit in that case. He then glanced proudly at Jinki.

"Well, I don't know if I can make it bu--"

"Ok then you can eat out." Sulli cut him off and before he was able to open his mouth, both of them already gave their back on him again.

Minho wanted to say, he'll give her a call if he can eat home or not. But of course he will surely be back before dinner but he somehow wanted to show off to Jinki, unfortunately Sulli just ruined it all.

Minho entered his car in annoyance, he looked at the wing mirror and saw Sulli and Jinki were talking to each other laughingly while making their way inside the building. His gaze followed them until they disappeared.

"Is he the reason why she is in a good mood?!" Minho sighed, something was like unexplainable anxiousness bugging him.

But then there was an incoming call.

"Hello hyung! Yes I'm on my way now. See you there." Minho put down his phone.

He glanced to the building. "Whatever it's none of your business."

With that Minho shook his head abruptly to release whatever thing is he had in mind before drove away.

 

 

To be continued….


I’m sorry for the late update and mistakes.

Till the next update.