Chapter 4

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

“So how about you, Minho?” Dongwook asked and Minho smiled faintly.

“Shock is another thing and so sudden is what I’m nonplusing now. But one thing for sure …. Do I have a choice?” Minho said, still his smile was there to give respect. “I don’t think I have.”

“No, you do have a choice, Minho.” Dongwook said. Minho looked at him in surprise. “But before I tell, can I ask you questions?”

“Of course, anything Abeonim.” Minho said.

“I want your honesty.” Dongwook said, he sighed before continued. “Sulli, my daughter, do you really never like her? If so all of these while you two have been tied in commitment, have you ever thought of calling the engagement off to have your freedom in choosing your own soul mate?”

Minho was rigid on his seat, he didn’t expect this such question at all. He thought that the father and daughter are so alike. Just days ago he was also asked by Sulli and now her father.

“Can I not answer the first question?” Minho asked, he didn’t want to be honest here. It might turn offended. Dongwook smiled kindly and nodded. Minho looked at Jisung who was also waiting for him, he then advanced his answer. “To be honest, no I’ve never thought of I and Sulli break up but true is, we had said many times, wanting to break it off but until today none of us ever mention it to you neither trying to make it happens”

The two fathers smiled satisfactorily. “Why like that, son?”

Minho looked at his Dad and shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe we had grown up together with lots of things happened, though we aren’t getting along but the fact that she’s my fiancée cannot deny, so far I’ve always seen her no one else but my life partner. Or you can say, I’m used to be in committed relationship and so turn me being free, I’ve actually never thought about that.”

“Really? No matter whether you had found a special person who you thought the one other than Sulli?” Jisung asked his son. He brought the question up based on his suspicion he had. As a father, more or less Jisung knew that Minho used to have an unsettled past with the other girl.

“Appa!” Minho uttered, astonishing. He knew he couldn’t escape, Jisung pushed him to the cliff now. Minho looked at Dongwook guiltily. “Yes honestly, I have liked someone else before but to ever think I should better have a future with her or not. No, it never came across my mind.” Minho sincerely answered but sadness could be perfectly felt by the fathers.

“So do you still like that girl? And now after we suddenly announced the sudden wedding, back to the same question, have finally this thought come to you?” Dongwook continued to interrogate Minho.

Minho felt a slight sting of pain, so many questions being thrown at him just in one topic. Why couldn’t they just let him alone to not dig this story up? Didn’t they sense that he is very discomfort at this matter though? Minho sighed.  “It was all in the past. I’m sorry for my rudeness but I don’t think I have to report you everything related to my personal life. And again, no, none of that thought is ever existed in my mind. But truly I can’t deny though that I don’t like the idea of our sudden wedding at all. You really know so well of our situation.”

Dongwook nodded in understanding as Jisung sighed loudly at his son’s attitude.

“Ok, we better stop with the unending question now.” Dongwook said. He smiled at Minho. “Earlier, did I mention you have a choice right?”

Minho nodded politely. He actually anticipated for this.

“But your choice is not allowed for you to choose now.” Dongwook said. Minho frowned disappointingly. He knew he shouldn’t hope for anything to meet his expectation. Dongwook looked at Jisung before continued. “But we have come to the final agreement that …. One year after your marriage, we will have you both to make a decision.”

 

 

 

 

Sulli stomped in her room after escaped from Minho’s resident. She lied on her bed and covered her whole body with the blanket. She then heard the knocking sound. Sulli was ready to tell that she wanted to be alone but then the clink of the door was heard. Sulli immediately sat up.

“Umma! Please I want--- Eomeonim!” Sulli uttered in surprise. She thought she was her Mom but turned out that she was Minho’s. Sulli moved to the edge of her bed to sit beside Boyoung. “You don’t have to be here, Eomeonim.”

“My princess is sulking and part of the fault, it came from me. So I asked Dahae to have my companion here to coax you.” Boyoung said and pinched Sulli’s nose.

Sulli played with her fingers. “Why me? I bet your son’s condition is no different from me either. You should comfort him. I’m okay by myself.”

“Okay? Are you sure? because I don’t think so.” Boyoung said.

Sulli sighed and looked at Boyoung. “Eomeonim. Why?”

“This ‘Why’, which one I should answer, the ‘why’ we arranged you two or the ‘why’ we prepare your wedding so sudden?” Boyoung asked, smiling sweetly.

“What if I want both answers?” Sulli said. She forced to smile faintly. “You know, this future daughter-in-law is very lack of everything.”

“No, you’re not honey. I’ve seen you ever since you were still a baby until you grown up and adorn into a beautiful lady here. I understand you in the same way I understand Minho. I’m not like those greedy mothers-in-law so called evil old woman. And so to me you’re not lacking anything.” Boyoung said sincerely. She took a hold Sulli’s hand. “You and Minho are our precious children and we would love to see you both together and taking care of each other. You can think this isn’t logical answer or considered that we’re selfish but it truly how we’re feeling. We can be peacefully at ease if one day we are no longer beside you.”

“Eomeonim, don’t say like that.” Sulli said.

“Aigoo! I’m sorry honey but this is the reality that no one be allowed to avoid it.” Boyoung sighed. “And you know, because we can’t keep on seeing you two continue to be like this, that’s why we decided to settle it in this way. You don’t know how we feel to always witness our children throwing a world war, which contrastingly we, parents want to see, is your caring, sweetness, cheesiness around each other but more blissful if we can see your love is blossomed rather than this continuous fighting.”

“It’s because this union is not based on love.” Sulli said. She looked down. “We aren’t getting along since we were kids, plus many unpleasant things happened.” Sulli closed her eyes a few seconds to take a deep breath. She then looked at Boyoung and shook her head. “I’m sorry but you can’t expect those things happen on us, Eomeonim. I don’t think we can and will never.”

“No, it possibly can. Every impossible thing would definitely happen if you’re willing to give it a try.” Boyoung said.

“It’s not easy like what we’re saying. Minho and I, we … we have something that keeps us restraining.” Sulli sighed. “I mean if we can go back to years ago to correct the past, chance might be visible but not now, there will always be having a barrier between us.”

“There is no barrier, Sulli. You and Minho are attached to each other ever since long and that’s it, you can’t rebut to draw the line. Nothing neither someone can come in between this relationship and change that you two are in commitment.” Boyoung reasoned out to convince Sulli.

“But eomeonim---”

“No but, honey.” Boyoung cut Sulli. She sighed deeply. “Okay, I lost to you now. None of my word you will ever listen to me.” Boyoung smiled in defeat as Sulli chuckled lightly. “Sulli yah! So what if we give you a choice?” Sulli reached happily at Boyoung’s word. She should said it since the beginning so Boyoung won’t had a hard time to explain this stubborn child like her and she won’t behave such this attitude either. Boyoung smiled and caressed Sulli’s cheek. “But a choice must have only if you can give your marriage a chance.”

“Eomeonim…..” Sulli uttered disappointingly.

“Yes honey, the wedding will still stay in place on the day we had set but can you consider this as our last hope? We ask you for one year, only a whole one year we want you both to work your married life out.” Boyoung said. Her tender eyes stared into confused Sulli’s. “Till then if you still can’t make something from it, we must admit that we’re completely a failure, so wrong ever since from the start. And that time, we won’t control you anymore. Your lives will depend on you kids, yourselves. Would you want to continue or end it there?”

Sulli sighed without comment. Will that day finally have to happen and they couldn’t have any will to argue? Marriage of convenience is more the thing but in their case, it is a forced one and not for love, will it can be possibly become something that their parents are looking forward with hopefulness? Sulli doesn’t know, yet she doesn’t think it’s going to have a good result either.

 


 

“We did not choose this, okay? But now we’re stuck in it together so let’s see if we really can make something of it.” Minho said casually while driving. He glanced at Sulli who was playing with her phone.

“Dream it on, frog. We definitely won’t ever develop into something else.” Sulli snapped. “Let’s just do that for our parents’ sake. One year, definitely in a blink of eyes.”

“Yes, it’s so true.” Minho said and chuckled. “For like century only this time you said something make sense and I like it, idiot.”

Minho stopped the car in front of a jewelry shop. Sulli hopped out and ran immediately inside. She smiled broadly, seeing Boyoung was already there.

“Eomeonim.” Sulli called her from behind, she then looking around. “Where is Umma?”

“Oh! Dahae has something urgently to do, she can’t make it today. So I’m here alone to help you choosing your wedding rings.” Boyoung answered, smiling. She then saw Minho lazily made his way toward them. She shook her head. “Geez! This boy. So do you still have more classes in college?”

“Nope, we don’t.” Minho shortly replied his Mom. “You are alone? Where is Eomeonim?”

“Aigoo! You two are thinking alike. The first question I received from you here is all about Dahae. I must share this to her later.” Boyoung said, sounded gleeful. She saw Minho and Sulli looked at each other and then rolled their eyes. “Don’t be pissed you kids, you don’t know how much we can be this happy easily just for the very little positive thing from you both.” Boyoung then grabbed both of them to stand each side of her. “So now let’s take a look for your wedding bands and make decision. Then you will proceed to bridal boutique later.”

“What bridal boutique?” Minho surprisingly exclaimed. Sulli also looked at Boyoung with her blinking eyes. “Umma, you should tell us beforehand to prepare. No, I don’t want to do it today. Let’s do that the other day.”

Boyoung hit Minho’s arm. “How much longer you’re going to flee away? It’s been two weeks I and Dahae had a hard time to drag you two here. You always found ridiculous excuses to escape. Just spare these oldie mothers your mercy, kids. Only one week has left until your wedding day, can’t you just show a tiny concern?” Boyoung sighed. “So No! None of you are going to run away.  Not anymore! Today, choosing rings and go to bridal boutique are the MUST. I already made an appointment.”

Minho and Sulli sighed. Both of them then followed Boyoung instruction to find the suitable rings. Boyoung shook her head, seeing they uninterestingly scanned the rings which came in set in their own different worlds. And when she asked which one they liked, both pointed recklessly toward random two totally different rings.

“Please kids! Wedding bands play a major role on your big day. You can’t just select it without conscious decision as if it means nothing at all.” Boyoung scolded them.

“Umma! You asked, we answered and that’s what I like and as well she does with that. Why are you so nagging?” Minho argued his Mom. He looked at Sulli. “And it doesn’t really means anything for us either. Why we need to be that serious?”

Sulli crossed her arms and annoyingly looked away from Minho. Boyoung saw that, she sighed deeply and massaged her temple.

“Okay, you no need to be here anymore since you don’t help anything aside to give me a headache. Therefore just go to bridal boutique already. I’ll do that for you in selecting a matched ring.” Boyoung shoved the couple outside after she told them the address of the next location.

 

 

 

 

Sulli ran her hand through the silk of fabulous wedding dresses. Her eyes were shining so bright at the stunning collection of bridal gowns before her. In wedding she knew how important it is for couples who in love. It is a day of fairy tales coming true, to make every women dream wedding a beautiful and memorable reality. And she’s no different from them who want to feel that anxious excitement on her big day …. But will she be able to in next week? Sulli stopped smiling when she knew in her case it’s just a dream that never come true. She sighed and turned around to catch what her fiancé was doing.

Minho was on the sofa and reading the magazine, he flipped the pages back and forth, flipped and flipped nonstop annoyingly until he lost interest, and finally noticed Sulli was staring at him. Minho was about to ask her to be hurry but then two employees came, carrying several shiny gowns in their hands. Minho supposed those were all their mothers’ recommendation. He then sighed deeply and slumped down his back at the thought of Sulli is going to try all of them on. And he’ll be dying because of so bored here.

“As much as I hate it, I think I have to exaggeratedly praise her on her first try. Only do that, so we can head back home early.” Minho mumbled. He took out his phone and played with it while waiting for Sulli to appear from behind the big curtain in front of him.

For like 30 minutes later, a stylist made Minho known that the bride is ready. Minho uninterestingly raised his head up from his phone screen to see his bride and the curtain slowly opened. As soon as it was wide revealed, his eyes landed on beautiful Sulli in stunning wedding dress. Her messy hair bun, face shape in natural make up, especially her perfect body was wrapped in strapless gown instantly turned Minho speechless. Many faked compliment words which he had in his head earlier were vanished like a smoke. He leisurely stood up as his eyes glued widely on Sulli from head to toe without comment. Sulli laughed. The expression on Minho’s face reminded her back to 16 years ago when they first met.

“The groom must be overwhelmed by his ‘soon to be wife’.” One stylist said. She looked at Sulli, giving two thumps up. “You are very beautiful, Ms. Choi.”

Sulli smiled shyly and shook her head. Her hands then went to assist her long dress and walked toward statue Minho.

“Yah frog!” Sulli called him with hand waving before his face.

“H-Huh?” Minho uttered, he obviously was still in starstruck. “What?”

“Am I that pretty?” Sulli said and smirked. “Taking your breath, you might be end up in ICU.”

Upon hearing Sulli’s word, Minho finally came back to his sense. He laughed, sounded mocking. “Yes, every woman would always look pretty when they have the wedding dress on and you’re kinda no different from them. But …” Minho shook his head. “Even if as much as the gown is so pretty but sadly it lost some power of fascination when it’s placed on you. You totally kill thing, which supposedly to look perfect.”

Sulli hissed at Minho with a glare. She then turned around swiftly about to look into her reflection but one wrong move when she stepped on her own long dress and lost balance. Minho was behind her instantly threw his arm to hold Sulli, her back crashed on his chest. Sulli spun her head around to look at Minho and found their faces were in a very short distance, so near until they even felt each other hitched breaths. Both of them realized the situation and ready to push away but then a flash light with flare followed by a shutter sound greeted them.

“This is a great shot but something is lack.” A man with camera in his hand said. He looked at the picture he shot earlier and then at Minho and Sulli who was now already pulled away from each other. “What’s lack is your both expression.” He walked closer to them and then smiled at Minho. He shook his head. “You aren’t the groom right?” He asked not sure, based on Minho wasn’t in tuxedo.

“Yes he definitely is, Taemin.” One employee came in between them and said to him. She then turned to smile at the couple. “The guy here is Lee Taemin, our photographer and also the one who is going to show his great skill on your big day either.”

Minho nodded as Sulli smiled at him. Taemin friendly extended his hand to Sulli and then Minho. “It’s a pleasure that I’m going to work with such a beautiful couple. Sorry for a shot earlier without permission.”

“Ah, it’s okay.” Sulli said, smiling.

“This rude habit actually makes me figure out what the beautiful charm will work best for each particular couple.” Taemin paused. He hesitantly continued. “But … I think something is a bit off with the shot earlier. I’m sorry to ask this but, are you by chance on a fight mode?”

“Nope.” Sulli quickly answered. She glanced at Minho and then back to Taemin. “This is an arranged marriage actually. So I guess you must be already figure out why we don’t have that such charm you mentioned above.”

Taemin was left amazed. The bride was so straightforward with the strangers like people around them here. He smiled, an uneasy one. “So I guess we’re going to have a hard time since you two are going to have the pre-wedding photo shoot tomorrow.”

“WHAT?!” Minho and Sulli exclaimed in unison. “Pre-wedding photo shoot?!?!”

“You haven’t been informed?” Taemin asked awkwardly. “I thought Madams had already told the soon to be newlywed.”

“Wait wait!! That photo shoots thingy! You mean the situation that I and he are put in an intimate state?” Sulli asked.

Taemin touched his nape, he gulped and slowly nodded. “Well … Yes, I need you both to be prepared because it’s definitely unavoidable.”

 

“Hell no!!!”

 

 

To be continued…………..


Updated! Thank you for upvoting, subscribing, reading and your precious feedbacks :) 

I'm sorry for the errors and mistakes.

Till the next update, dearest.

Take care :D