Chapter 13

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Minho walked rather fast ahead of Sulli out of Supermarket. Arriving at the car park, Minho snatched the plastic bags in Sulli’s hand and some in his, threw them into the trunk.

“Yah eggs!!” Sulli yelled at Minho and pushed him aside to look into the plastic bag if it was broken. “Seriously are you still angry?”

“Angry?! When was I?” Minho said wryly. He faked a smile at Sulli. “You don’t know how much I enjoyed our first date just now in Supermarket. Wow, should I thank your Jinki oppa later? If it wasn’t him I didn’t know that having a date while buying these stuffs for welcoming him a dinner later could give so much fun.”

Minho then roughly shut the trunk and went inside the car.

“Tsk, he’s so childish.”

On the way, silence enveloped them. Sulli felt so frustrated, not because of Minho’s nonsense tantrum but to herself, why did she feel bad about the whole situation when it was Minho chose to sulk over her nonsensically? She knew it was because of her, that’s why he upset. But it was childish if he was really angry at her because of Jinki is going to have dinner with them tonight. It made her curious, why Minho seemed to hate Jinki so much? As far as she knew, they’ve never been closed and had thing against each other before, so what reason to make him find Jinki so dislikable.

“Just when will you stop putting that long face?” Sulli said when she could no longer stand the tension. “It’s just a dinner. It’s not like Jinki oppa will come every day though.”

“Jinki oppa, Jinki oppa…” Minho mumbled. “Just a dinner? Okay, it’s fine for you but it’s not for me when I can’t stand to see him even just for a second.”

Sulli rolled her eyes. “Why? I don’t think he had done something wrong to you before. What reason for you to seem hold grudge on him?”

“You.” Minho blurted out but he didn’t really care to correct it either.

“Me? Why me? Why it’s because of me you hate Jinki oppa?” Sulli was confused. “Tsk … You’re so childishly nonsense, you know?”  Sulli heaved a sigh and shook her head. “I’m going insane. I should’ve hated you and not supposed to feel bad like this now. Ugh!” Sulli mumbled to herself but it happened that Minho heard it too.

“You feel bad? That’s right, you should be.” Minho said and grinned, satisfied.

“Oh, so you know how to smile now?” Sulli mocked.

“I surely know how to do this frequently if you can acknowledge me better than your Jinki oppa.” Minho replied.

Sulli frowned at his statement but before she could say anything, her phone rang.

“Hello? Who is speaking?” Sulli asked the other line. She smiled. “Ah Mr. Lee. How are you?”

Mr. Lee? Is that Lee Jinki?

Minho felt his blood suddenly boiled again. But wait! She addressed Lee Jinki as ‘Oppa’ not this politely formal by surname. So that meant, that caller wasn’t Jinki. Instantly, he eased up. But then who’s this ‘Lee’ guy?

“Oh the wedding album?” Sulli said and glanced at Minho. “It’s okay. You can have your man delivers to us anytime. We are--- Yahh!”

Sulli couldn’t finish what she wanted to talk when Minho suddenly snatched her phone from her hand.

“Hello, Mr. Lee Taemin right?” Minho said. “Yes, I’m Choi Minho. You just talked to my wife earlier but she suddenly want me talk to you instead.”

What? Sulli chuckled unbelievably. Didn’t he just snatch it from her hand earlier? Wow! Seriously, what is he trying to do?

“About our wedding photos, I’m wondering have you printed a large one for us as well.” Minho said on the phone.

Sulli frowned deeply to see Minho grinned widely. What’s so good that make him so happy about their wedding albums?

“Ah really? Thank you. You don’t need to send anyone to deliver them.” Minho said. He then looked at Sulli. “Because we’ll come to your boutique to take them now.”

 

 

Taemin put down his phone and smiled. He laughed to himself while shaking his head. He actually had their both numbers but he just ended up calling Sulli instead.

He sighed and looked at the large picture on his desk. He held the frame and stared at the picture of the couple. He smiled when he still remembered that time when the both of them looked so awkward and annoying while doing the intimate pose for him to shoot but it was totally in contrast and it quite surprised him when finally the photo was out.

It’s so beautiful.

At first Taemin was confused, was it because of the excellent quality of photo or the couple themselves to make this photo magnificent? A picture of a groom and his bride posed modestly yet an intimate position, there’s not really awkward neither annoyance could ever feel between them when looking at it but it’s something like … fascinating in their eyes. Their gazes display admiration and sentimental attachment.

They are look like one of the fascinate couples out there who is in love.

Taemin smiled. “I wonder why it’s hard for them to realize it when everything is so obvious. Can’t get along huh when your eyes are telling otherwise?!”

Taemin went outside the room to the counter table where Taeyeon was. “Noona! Please get their photos in package ready. They’ll be here to take them later.”

“Are you sure? Seriously now?” Taeyeon asked as Taemin nodded. She then smiled playfully. “We never have any clients to come here personally and take their wedding photos by themselves. Umm… I see they seem so desperate, right?”

Taemin chuckled and . “Noona …. You’re garrulous. It’s not good to talk behind the clients’ back. Let’s do your work now, they’ll be here soon.”

Soon later Minho and Sulli arrived at the boutique. They also had a brief conversation with the staffs and Taemin before they bade a good bye and traveled back to their house.

 


 

After arrived home, they changed into comfortable clothes. Sulli then went to the kitchen and Minho sat on the couch, ready to rip a large package to see their wedding picture.

"Wow!" Minho voiced in awe. "Yah Sulli do you want see our wedding picture?"

"I have no doubt to Mr. Taemin's skill although we posed like crap for him to shoot I bet the picture will still come out beautiful." Sulli said from the kitchen.

Minho just rolled his eyes. Did she really need to talk like that?

"I wonder why you want to take it personally instead to have them deliver here." Sulli continued.

"Since we're already out so why not drop by to take them. I think that they're surely busy, what if they can't deliver on the date." Minho said.

Sulli halted what she was doing and looked at Minho.

And what is the matter if that they can't deliver on the date or not. It's not something like he'd care about though. Usually Minho was never detailed about something which isn't a matter to him.

Wedding album especially the large one in his hands now, why Minho seemed so ecstatic about it?

Actually it was never Minho’s intention to take the photos personally from the boutique but considering the situation, it was good to have them today. He purposely wanted it to hang on the prominent place in the house for Jinki is able to see it later. It was good that Taemin called, informed them about it earlier.

Minho went to Sulli and asked for the toolbox.

"Are you going to hang it on the wall?" Sulli asked. She had that unbelievable look on her face.

Really? He's gonna have their wedding picture display in the house?

"Umm. It's beautiful, so why not?" Minho said. He grinned at Sulli before he grabbed the tools and made his way toward the bed.

He will hang it above the bed's headboard!

Sulli smiled.

But wait! What is happening? Why it seem like they started to make their marriage to look real now? Minho … he is weird lately, also she herself, something seems different after their marriage. Didn’t they talk about it already since the beginning? There's no need to make it serious. What if thing starts to get complicated one day?

"Minho!" Sulli was about to ask thing regarding to this matter but when he turned to look at her and had that innocent smile on his face, she backed off her intention instantly. Sulli showed the same smile in return. "Do...you need help?"

 

With the picture up, Minho and Sulli stepped back to look at their wedding picture from a far while smiling.

"You … look beautiful." Minho said out of blue. He looked at Sulli, smiling. “I mean it. You were so beautiful that day.”

And with that, Minho walked away.

Sulli was left stunned. Did she just hear it right? Minho … he just said, she was beautiful. This was the very first compliment from him. Since forever with him, he never praised her beauty. Not even once he appreciated it, even if how much she tried to be beautiful for him in any occasion.

Minho … she somehow felt him staring at her all the time that day but she was careless to pay any attention and … he even kissed her suddenly on the lips....

Was it because he found her mesmerized?

Sulli suddenly felt her breath got caught in her lungs and then momentarily her heart skipped a beat.

“What is happening to me?”

 

 

Minho was lying on the couch with the book in his hand above his face as if he was reading but truly his eyes were observing his wife in the kitchen all along. His heart was fluttering every time he watched Sulli in there. It's always a very pleasant view for him to look at until sometime he found the books which he always loves are the boring one but surely he will never get tired at the sight of his wife in the kitchen doing her cooking ritual.

Sulli on another hand was oblivious that there was someone is admiring her cooking activity. She was rather annoying that she's the one who get busy where Minho could be relaxed to do thing he wanted. Tsk! Couldn’t he at least help her a little bit?

A little later, the front door buzzed making Minho quickly raised himself up.

"Oh Oppa is coming." Sulli said. She rushed out from the kitchen. "Aish! The dishes aren't ready yet. And it's all because of you."

What? Why it's because of him? What the heck she put the blame on him because of that Jinki guy is coming early?

Minho gritted his teeth when Sulli happily opened the door and revealed a smiling Lee Jinki.

After the brief greeting of the 3 of them, Minho sat properly with his legs crossed as the previous book he had earlier was still in his hand. He was just pretending to read but his ears perked up, listening to their conversation at the kitchen. Minho smiled secretly to hear Jinki’s offer to help Sulli was declined and she even told him to sit down somewhere else and waited for dinner ready later. Thing which Minho didn’t like was only the sweet tone Sulli gave Jinki and the way that stubborn guy was persistent to stay in the kitchen helping her.

Taking one deep breath out of annoyance, Minho closed the book and stood up.

“Sulli is right. Why don’t you and I take time to have some talk while waiting for her?” Minho said, faking a smile as he pointed his thump toward the verandah.

“Yes sure, that’s a good idea.” Jinki replied, smiling.

Minho and Jinki were talking about random story, they narrated thing related to themselves to one another and sometime was caught with laughter then and now. Minho found out that Jinki wasn’t really a hateful guy, except when it came to Sulli. Jinki is actually nice and friendly. Somewhat Minho felt pleasantly good to chat with him. Minho quite opened up a lot about himself as to Jinki mostly just listening and sometime gave Minho advices. Without noticed the time, a half of an hour had passed, but none of their conversation they had was ever related to Sulli and that was the reason why the two of them seemed getting along to each other.

But it was impossible that Sulli wasn’t involved in their conversation, until at one point Jinki was the one who opened the topic.

“I see that thing between you and Sulli is really different, compare to 4 years ago when it was the last time I saw you.” Jinki said.

“We were fiancés before but now we’re married.” Minho said, smiling. “It seems like you got surprise right when learning about us?”

“Well sort of.” Jinki said. He smiled faintly. “Minho, can I ask you something?”

Minho nodded and reluctantly smiled at Jinki. He somehow felt not right about the question Jinki wanted to ask him.

“It’s about Suzy. The last time I knew before I left for the state … you and her were in a relationship right?” Jinki asked. He noticed Minho wiped away his smile. He then continued. “Don’t get me wrong, I just feel like to know whether you’re still with her … because … yes you can say … Sulli is like … my younger sister and I don’t want her to get hurt.” Jinki smiled sadly. He just daringly lied to Minho and stabbed his own heart to bleed with the word ‘younger sister’.

“Hey guys! Dinner is ready. C’mon let’s go to the dining table.” Sulli said from the door way.

Minho and Jinki stood up simultaneously.

“No we were never in a relationship. I hope you won’t presume anything about me anymore.” Minho sternly mumbled to Jinki. “You know nothing.”

Minho turned around with a straight face and walked inside. He lightly brushed his arm on Sulli’s shoulder without looking at her. Sulli felt Minho’s coldness. She thought both of them might not really get along in talking earlier. Tsk … She should’ve prepared the dinner faster than this but what to do, she only had a pair of hands to do the whole thing. Sulli suddenly felt something wrong in her chest with the way Minho just gave her a cold shoulder earlier. She then tried to smile at Jinki and called him inside.

Jinki praised Sulli a lot about the delicious dishes she made. All the while on the dining table, there were only Jinki and Sulli talking to each other, Minho on another hand was like in the other planet alone. He didn’t talk anything and just ate silently.

Sulli lightly elbowed Minho. “What’s wrong with you? You are so silent and barely touch the food. Why? They aren’t good today?”

“Tsk! Don’t mind me.” Minho replied dryly.

“I think I should say sorry.” Jinki talked to Minho. The couple looked at him, he smiled at Sulli. “I shouldn’t have asked Minho about Suzy.”

Minho put down his spoon, irritated. Why did this guy bring this up again?

“Ahh I see. That’s why…” Sulli mumbled and then she smiled playfully at Jinki. “Of course you shouldn’t have, Oppa.”

Minho looked away. Jinki smiled faintly at Sulli, he could see that her playful smile was just a pretense.

“Umm …Why don’t we change the mood? Let’s have a drink.” Sulli said. She immediately went to the fridge and took some beers out.

Sulli didn’t really discover a logic reason for making her came up with this idea. But she just felt the need to drink alcohol all of sudden. She just wanted something to make her feel better in this state. Minho and Jinki weren’t actually aware of the real reason why Sulli forces them to drink. They just obeyed her later due to her persistence, furthermore they also needed some alcohol to improve their mood as well at this very moment.

Sulli wasn’t a very good drinker, she got tipsy easily while Minho and Jinki weren’t even affected yet.

“She’s drunk. I think I should leave now.” Jinki said to Minho.

"No I still can drink. I'm not drunk." Sulli slurred and had that silly smile on her face.

"Yes you are." Minho said. He stood up, following by Jinki smiling at Sulli.

"Bwo?" Her eyes rolled to glare at Minho. "I said I'm not drunk pfft..."

Minho just ignored Sulli. Jinki smiled and bade her good bye. He and Minho walked together to the front door.

"I'm sorry for today. I shouldn't have...you know...ask you about--" Jinki said.

"It's ok sunbae. And I should sorry too. I didn't mean to act rudely earlier." Minho said as just Jinki waved his hand telling that he didn't mind. Minho slowly smiled. "I see you are a bit tipsy now. She shouldn't have dragged us to drink and she herself doesn't even know where her own limit is."

Jinki smiled. "Yes she is. Take care of her. A drunken person isn't easy to handle. Thank you for a nice dinner earlier. I'm going now."

Jinki left to his next door unit and Minho closed the door. Turning around, he was startled to see Sulli was just a few steps behind him, waving her hand.

"Good night Jinki oppa."

Minho rolled his eyes. "And you still said you are not drunk huh?" He grabbed Sulli's hand and escorted his drunken wife to the bed. "You, let's sleep for now."

"No." Sulli rebelled. "I don't want to. I want to resume our drinking session with Jinki oppa."

"Tsk! He's just gone. Didn't you see?" Minho said, annoying. "Jinki oppa, Jinki oppa!! Can't you just forget about that name for once when you are in the drunken state like this?"

Sulli giggled. "Are you ... jealous?"

"Bwo?? O-of course not." Minho denied. Is she even drunk now? She doesn't look like one to even ask this question.

"Arasseo? You are not. How can you are jealous of Jinki oppa when you don't even like me. I know you still like--- Aish never mind." Sulli said. She laid herself down on the bed. "Good night husband."

"Umm, good night." Minho responded her and let out a smile. "Sleep well."

Minho pulled the duvet to put on Sulli when suddenly she pushed it away and sat up.

"It's hot." Sulli whined. She started to her shirt.

"Yah yah! What are you trying to do? Stop now!!" Minho warned, panicking.

Sulli didn't even bother listening to him as the alcohol was overpowering her awareness now.

Minho couldn't stop her by just a mere warning and action when she kept herself whining and protesting. Like Jinki had told, a drunken person isn't easy to handle, and here his little troublesome drunken wife.

Minho had no choice, he pushed her to lie on the mattress, and his hand pinned her wrist on the each side of her head. Sulli blinked her eyes while keeping her innocent gaze on him, pouting.

"I said stop. You seriously don't know what you are doing now." Minho said almost whisper as he was in an awkward situation seeing thing which he wasn't supposed to see.

Sulli's shirt was almost done exposed. Good thing that she still had a strap tank top inside, but it wasn't really helping when the fabric was way too thin.

Minho tried to catch his breath and gulped. He looked down at Sulli's face.

"S-sleep ok! Just go to slee--"

Minho couldn't even finish his word when Sulli suddenly raised her head to peck him on the lips.

Minho got his eyes widened in surprise as Sulli gave him a silly smile.

Sulli felt her wrists less pressure. She took the chance to free her hands. Sulli grabbed Minho's shirt collar and pulled him down to near her face.

Her hot breath touched against his lips as it left Minho's breath faltered, although she smelled like alcohol but still it almost made him lose sanity.

"Can I kiss you?" Sulli slurred. "Let this time, I'm the one to initiate....kissss~~"

Sulli giggled. She pulled him more and in an instant his lips were on hers.

'Sulli is drunk. She is drunk. You don't get to take advantage of her.' Minho chanted mentally. He wanted to pull away but at the same time he really didn't want to do it, still in the end he fought the urge and managed to pull his lips away.

"Stop Sulli! You have to slee--" With more force of Sulli, his lips returned to hers.

When Minho almost lost his mind in her soft lips gently pressed on his, Sulli stopped the kiss and pulled him to make him lied down on the bed. Much to Minho surprise and almost lost his breath, Sulli suddenly straddled him. She then bent her body down with her hand supported on Minho’s chest. She completely laid herself on him.

“I … kissss~~ … you.” Sulli said while giggling cutely. She had her fingers tapped on her lips while shyly looked at Minho. “I just … kissed~~ you.”

“Bwo??” Minho couldn’t help but chuckled. Sulli was so cute. “Sulli, do you know what are you doing now?”

“Huh??” Sulli innocently looked at Minho. She smiled shyly and quickly hid her face in the crook of his neck.

Wow!! She’s really bold, huh?? Minho laughed. He put his arm on her back.

“Hey answer me! Are you aware of what are you doing right now huh?” Minho whispered. He suddenly wanted to tease Sulli. At this state, he couldn’t help himself, she was too adorable for him to just let it go easily and decided to play along with her.

Sulli raised her head up. “I … I want to sleep. Good night husband.” Finished her sentence she put her face back to his neck.

Minho laughed again. Is it logical for a person gets drunk but still knows how to be shy and gets away from the question they are unable to answer?

“But you can’t sleep like this, wife.” Minho said when Sulli didn’t get off him and he could feel she slowly drifted off to sleep now. He gently moved her from him and made her lied on the other side beside him. “Ok, that’s the way you get to sleep comfortably.”

“Don’t go.” Sulli mumbled when Minho was about to remove himself from her. She quickly put her arm on his waist and snuggled herself closer to him.

Minho smiled at the warm feeling Sulli nestled in his arms. “Okay let’s sleep. I’m not going anywhere.” He kissed on the top of her head. “Make sure you won’t get yourself drunk like this again Sulli.”

‘Although I like it but I prefer the fully conscious Sulli who is willing to do all these thing rather than a drunken Sulli who isn’t aware of what she’s doing at all.’

 

 

To be continued….


The longest chapter so far.

Thank you for reading :)

Till the next update.