Chapter 12

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Taemin saw his brother in a pojangmacha(tented wagon). Jinki was sitting alone by himself, drinking.

“I know I’ll found you here.” Taemin said. He sat down on a vacant chair across his brother.

Jinki smirked. “Liar! Out of so many places in Seoul, how could you know I am here?” Jinki guzzled soju from his shot glass. “So what are you doing here or should I say around here?”

Taemin chuckled. His brother knew him well. He was around here for some errand and by chance he saw Jinki. Taemin took the soju bottle and poured the alcoholic liquid in Jinki’s glass.

“Nothing. I just happened passing by and not really surprise when I saw you here.” Taemin paused a bit while studying Jinki’s face. He didn’t careless to notice that his brother had something bothering him. He then called the ahjumma to bring him a shot glass for him and more Soju to their table.

“Bwoya??” Jinki uttered and frowned at Taemin. “You know I prefer drinking alone, I never need a buddy.”

“Then I volunteer to be one … or you can think that I need to a few drinks to coordinate some problems.” Taemin replied and grinned sheepishly.

Jinki just chuckled and shook his head.

“Mind sharing what is bothering you, hyung?” Taemin carefully asked the older. He could see Jinki was starting to get tipsy but then not really sure when Jinki gave him a sober smile along with a trace of sadness in his eyes. Taemin sighed when he knew that his brother was trying to hide his sorrow from him. “You know, like before you can always tell me anything.”

For a moment Jinki just staring at Taemin before he said. “So how is the bride whom you have a crush on?”

“Hyung!!” Taemin exclaimed. “Seriously, are you really taking what Taeyeon noona said is true? I don’t.”

“Then why are you blushing?” Jinki asked and chuckled at his cute brother in front of him. He reached his hand to ruffle his hair. “Trying to deny huh? Your face is telling it all.”

Taemin sighed and smiled. “Well yeah … she’s beautiful and lovely. But you can’t really say it’s a crush but simply just physical attraction, I was just mesmerized by her. And even if I really have a crush on her, I can’t do anything. She’s already a married woman.”

Taemin noticed Jinki changed his expression from amusing to stoic. He watched his brother drank 3 shots in a row. Jinki, his brother really had a problem.

“Taemin-ah?” Jinki called his name and he hummed in answer. “So … we really can’t do anything when the girl we like is already committed in marriage?”

“Hyung…” Taemin uttered.

“Tae…” Jinki looked at Taemin. “What if … What if I want to fight for her?”

“What are you talking about hyung?” Taemin asked in confusion but then he widened his eyes in shock. “You don’t mean that you currently like someone who is already married, do you?”

“Bingo!!” Jinki said and laughed.

Taemin hung his mouth opened in shock. Was he serious? Or he just said thing nonsense because the effect of alcohol?

“Hyung, let’s go home. I think you’re drunk.” Taemin said.

“Sulliver!” Jinki said, stopping Taemin from making any move. “Do you still remember her?”

“Sulliver? … Ah yes, she was your junior back in high school.” Taemin didn’t say anything more as he didn’t want to remind unhappy thing from his brother’s past.

She was Jinki’s crush.

‘Sulliver’ He only knew this nickname which Jinki personally gave her. Back then, he told him quite a lot about this girl who he really liked. Things like this and that about her which he had found were really likable and interesting. Many good moments they’ve spent together through the school organization and projects, mostly were about gardening events and so on. Yes, Jinki mentioned that the girl was a plant lover which also turning his brother became into one as well.  Their close relationship as a senior-junior developed smoothly since they had many things in common. But sadly even how much closer they were, a line of boundary was set very clear since the beginning.

The girl was taken, she already engaged to someone else

Stopping right to this thought, making Taemin gasped.

“I thought I’ve already gotten over her. But I guessed I was just being in denial all along and then until I met her again, the feeling which I thought it was lost long time ago, suddenly reappeared.” Jinki said while smiling sadly. “I’m happy to finally I meet her again. Nothing really changed in her to me, only the hurtful fact that she already--”

“Married.” Taemin finished the word. He sighed frustratingly. “Hyung, don’t scare me like that. You don’t plan to get her right? No, it’s very wrong hyung. It’s a sin if you try to snatch her from her husband and destroy her family.”

“But he didn’t love her.” Jinki said calmly but it freaked Taemin. “He liked someone else back in high school?”

“You can’t bring the past up to get involve here. The only matter is present, the truth that they are already married. Do you think they would continue that marriage if they don’t want it to?” Taemin tried to reason desperately. He looked pleadingly at Jinki. “Hyung, it’s been years. Your belief might be right in those days but possibly people could change. You maybe don’t know how madly they’re probably in love by now. And furthermore you don’t get to have any right to meddle in between their marriage.”

Jinki laughed. “Chill Taemin, you’re overreaching. Did I ever say that I’m going to commit such sin?”

Taemin heaved a small sigh of relief. “I am glad you can rationally consider that it’s a sin. But I’d be happier if you can move on from her. Hyung, just forget about her. You can only hurt yourself if you continue to be like this.”

“Don’t worry, I’m okay Taemin. And I won’t do anything to harm her marriage either but...” Jinki paused and smiled faintly at Taemin before took a shot in one gulp. “But I will just wait for her. If fate is on my side … maybe … just maybe … we can be together someday.”

 


 

She was dressed in denim one-piece dress above her knee and had her shoulder length hair fell loosely on her shoulder. She finished wearing her watch and looked up but startled when her eyes rested on Minho, who was standing before her with a fixed stare. She frowned and looked at herself.

“Why? You look at me as if I’m overdressed.” Sulli said.

“Yup, you surely are … a bit.” Minho mocked. He smirked. “Wait, you don’t think that we’re going out for a date, do you?”

“Mwo? Why would I?” Sulli exclaimed, she quickly glanced away and wet her lips before retrieved her annoyed gaze on Minho. “Fine, I’ll change into something else then.”

“Wait! There’s no need. I like it that way.” Minho blurted out to stop Sulli but then he realized that he said something wrong. “Yah! Do you think I can stand any longer to wait for you again? … I mean … if you want to change now it’ll only waste more time.” He then looked at Sulli while thinking of something. “Just wait for me for a moment.”

With that Minho quickly ran away inside. A minute later he came out but in different style of what he was wearing earlier. He changed his clothes into a blue denim shirt and jeans. He was rolling up the sleeves, didn’t noticed Sulli gave him a look.

“Let’s go.” Minho said and walked to the front door.

“Wait!! Why did you change?” Sulli asked. She had her index finger pointing at him and herself. “Seriously, you make us look like a denim couple here?!?!”

“Ah, I just see that your dress is denim. My previous clothes were quite uncomfortable, that’s why I changed into something else” Minho said while faking a surprise face. “Tsk … If earlier I know what style you’re wearing, I won’t choose to wear this, geez…!! C’mon, let’s go.”

“Ehh?” Sulli uttered confusedly.

Minho hid his smile. He just lied through his teeth for he actually changed in purpose. He just wanted them to look like an intimate couple in front of Jinki when they’d meet by chance around the building but to his dismay, not a glimpse of Jinki was found for him to show off.

 

On the way they were travelling, Sulli kept asking Minho where they were going. Minho just simply told her, she’ll see once they get there. Besides annoyance, partially she somehow felt excited to wherever he could bring her to. Minho seemed so secret about the place they’re going to, truthfully he has never been like this before. He was always straightforward. Sulli didn’t really understand the giddy feeling inside just because of the thought that Minho might be bringing her out somewhere for a date although he didn’t even give a clue that it’s a date but she fully participate for it.

“Bwoya??” Sulli said when Minho parked his car. Her eyes looked straightforward to a closed shop in front of them. She looked at Minho, frowning. “Isn’t that Yonghwa oppa’s Café? What are we doing here?”

Minho just gestured Sulli to alight the car. Both walked into the Café.

 

 

“Why Oppa doesn’t open his business? Where is him?” Sulli asked Minho as she looked around.

“Sulli, I actually bring you here because I want to tell you something.” Minho said and hesitantly continued. He didn’t know why, but by looking at Sulli’s face, he hesitated. Minho mentally scolded himself for not listening to his dad and Yonghwa to tell Sulli earlier. He was well prepared that it was okay for telling her late but now he felt fear. Somehow he was afraid that she might get angry at him. “Err …Yonghwa hyung sold this Café to me. So technically it wasn’t his anymore but it’s mine now.” Minho said but with difficulty.

“What? Yours?! Why it suddenly became yours when I came here last time recently, Oppa was still here.” Sulli said. She was confused.

Minho rolled his eyes. Can’t her brain convert thing he said properly without him repeating it? But when looked back on Sulli, their eyes met and he somewhat saw anger.

“Do you think I’m a completed idiot? I just don’t get why Yonghwa oppa didn’t tell me anything that day. And you!! Wow, you’re so good in keeping secret from me and then just decide to tell me now. Seriously! I just learnt about it freaking minute ago.” Sulli said.

Minho sensed that Sulli was indeed angry. By looking at her face, he felt guilty. “Well, I…”

“That got me so curious what make you finally let me know. Why don’t you consider keeping it away from me forever?” Sulli said loudly. She was also confused to herself why did she feel so upset.

“Why are you reaching like that? You just knew it later than my parent a bit though.” Minho said. He felt sudden irritation too when Sulli yelled at him. “Look, my dad perfectly stayed calm when I told him but you, we’re not really someone to each other and with the way you’re acting right now, I find it nonsense.”

“Bwo??” Sulli chuckled sarcastically. “Ah, even if we’re married, we don’t seem to consider one another as family, is that what you want to mean right? Fine, I’m sorry then. Maybe I just got carried away, momentarily thought that we’re one and forgot that we’re actually just a spouse on the paper only. I surely have no any right to care about whatever you’re doing. Yes right. It’s none of my business anyway.”

Sulli turned to leave but Minho quickly stopped her.

“Hey, I didn’t mean it that way.” Minho said. “I thought it wasn’t really important to have you know early or not.”

Sulli chuckled but obviously it was a fake laugh.  “I see. You mean that I’m not important enough to learn about it. I can even assume that I’m the last person to know about it though.”

Minho couldn’t fish a word to reply, Sulli was right but for the last statement only. He was confused when somewhat he saw hurt painted on Sulli’s face because of his silence.

“Move!” Sulli said with an edge to her voice when Minho was blocking the exit.

Minho didn’t move away so Sulli pushed him but he held her arm.

“I … I am sorry.” Minho suddenly said.

Sulli was surprise to hear what he just said. Not that, he never said sorry to her before and she could totally count it with her fingers of how many time he did. But for this time, it seemed different. It was different of how she felt, different of the tone he used. It was so gentle and she could sense that he was sincere when he said that. In just a matter of a few seconds, her anger weakened.  

“I said I am sorry.” Minho said it again.

“Oh.” Sulli uttered. She immediately pulled her arm from Minho’s hold and glanced away.

“I know I was wrong to for letting you know just now.” Minho said. When Sulli looked at him, he managed to look away. The next line he’s going to say might be not a good move to do while looking at her. Minho cleared his throat. “You are my wife so technically you have every right to know it first. I should’ve told you earlier than this.”

Sulli bit her lip to stop her from smiling. She then put a playful grin on her lips and leaned closer to Minho. “Oh? What did you say? I couldn’t hear it clearly.”

Minho knew that Sulli was teasing him. He chuckled before leaned closer to Sulli as well, making their faces were kinda close to each other.

“I said … You are my wife so technically you have to help your husband in this Café.” Minho said and then he grabbed Sulli’s hand, walked to the counter table.

“Huh? Help you what? No, I don’t want to. Don’t you even think about using me to work as a waitress? Hell no!” Sulli said. “Ah right. That’s why you decided to tell me now because you think I have no brain and so I at least can help you as a manual worker. Wow! Nice plan in taking advantage of me huh?”

Minho laughed. There she goes again, brought that ‘taking advantage’ thing up.

“Can you stop mentioning about that? It’s not like I plan kissing you right?” Minho said. He smirked. “Or maybe if you’re a hardworking worker, I’ll consider giving you a kiss as a reward. I think I still remember, you said you want me to kiss you right?”

Sulli rolled her eyes. She turned around about to leave but Minho stopped her again.

“Yah wait! Okay, I’m just joking.” Minho said. He became serious. “I really need you to help me here, Sulli.”

“I said NO. I’m not going to work as your waitress.” Sulli said and pouted. “I thought you’d bring me out for a date but turned out you manipulate me to work for you.”

“What did you say?” Minho asked, grinning.

He saw Sulli was blushing when she realized what she just blurted out. He had the urge to continue teasing her but surely she’ll be angry again. So for now it wasn’t really a good idea to anger her.

“Don’t worry. You’re not going to work here but I just need some help from you.” Minho said. “Well, opening a business isn’t a thing I can do it all alone. I think that since you have similar experience in this kind of thing through the school organization you used to participated back then. I guess you maybe lend me some help.” Minho felt relief, seeing Sulli nodded her head. He then continued with hesitancy. “And one other thing … you’re also popular among those bothersome plants, gardening and such, so…”

“Ooh!! You mean…” Sulli said and Minho nodded. She laughed. “Wow!! What a very big change of you! Seriously are you really Minho whom I know. Yah!! Are you sure for wanting to have them in your Café?”

“Yes. It’s not eating much space by displaying them here to have a nice view.” Minho replied and he knew his word will pissed Sulli, and it did.

“Forget it then. I won’t help you.” Sulli said. “Pfft! You don’t even know how to take care of them, not to mention that all you want is displaying them but don’t appreciate their precious existence.”

“It’s because basically I don’t really know a thing about them but … I’m willing to learn to be honest.” Minho said. He gave Sulli his back and pretended to do something else before he continued. “But … why don’t you just help me … to take care of them. I mean I’ll be busy to run the Café and surely have no time to attend them.”

Sulli frowned. “Then I’ll be needed to be here every day.”

“I guess so.” Minho said nonchalantly, but actually he was smiling. He thought, it’s much better to keep Sulli close to him rather than letting that Jinki guy has chance to be around her.

“But I need to help Unnie in her shop too.” Sulli said.

She was happy that Minho seemed to change his heart for the plants which he has always been found them bothersome. He surely didn’t bother to consider having them in his Café if he still felt that way. Sulli somewhat was curious what making Minho changed big time when all these time, those books and such are only matter to him?

“I think Noona wouldn’t mind if you will only be there by the weekend.” Minho said. “I heard that she already hired a few employees right?”

“Yes she did.” Sulli answered. She sighed and nodded. “I’ll think about it then. But first you have to promise me, I’ll only help you to put them here if you wholeheartedly appreciate their presences.”

“Sure, I will.” Minho looked at Sulli and grinned. “They will soon become my babies, I’ll surely love them.”

Sulli skeptically gave Minho a look. She slowly smiled at him. “Be a good Appa then.”

“They need an Umma too to take care of them.” Minho said. He tried to convince Sulli. “C’mon, it’s just 5 days a week.”

It was weird to Sulli when they have such a silly role as a parents but she somehow felt happy about that. Right, she was the one who started it first.

Sulli smiled and nodded. “Okay then.”

Minho smiled at her too.

For a moment both were happy yet confused at the same time for the unexplainable feeling.

Why it felt so good right now?

“Right … Do you want to go out for a date later?” Minho suddenly asked which surprised Sulli and even himself. “Oh I mean … I thought I heard you sulkily said earlier I’d bring you out for a date but I actually didn’t and so I think…” He trailed off to wait for Sulli’s reaction to his offer.

Sulli felt irritated all of sudden, why did he need to make her felt embarrassed like that? Did he think that she expect that? Ah right she did but for him to know that, it was another thing. Did he somehow want to make fun of her right now?

“Fine let’s do that.” Sulli said and faked a smile.

“Really? So where do you want to go?” Minho asked.

“Supermarket!” Sulli answered.

“Supermarket?” Minho frowned. “Yah! Are you stupid? Seriously, go to supermarket for a date?!?!”

Sulli scowled at Minho and then pissed him. “Jinki oppa will visit our house tonight for a dinner so don’t you think I should prepare a nice meal to welcome him?”

“Bwo??” Minho exclaimed, irritated.

Sulli seriously spoiled all the moods and it was because of that guy again.

Lee Jinki! Grrrr… He really hates him.

 

 

To be continued….


I’m sorry if this chapter is boring.

Anyway thank you for reading.