Chapter 14

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Minho tried to move his body but to no avail. He even felt numb on his left arm, almost his whole body immobilized. Opening his eyes, momentarily he was blind by the morning sunlight peaked inside the house through the window. Minho blinked his eyes multiple times until enough for him to see atmosphere clearly but he had to shut his eyes back when he felt a small pang of pain in his head.

Why the heck headache suddenly struck him in such morning? Ugh! Right! He drank yesterday. So it must be a hangover then.

Minho opened his eyes and for finally he had found a culprit who made him suffering with both, headache and current paralysis. It was Sulli who had her head on his arm, burying her face into his chest, her hand hugging his waist so tight, very tight as if afraid of him probably flying away. Minho was dumbfounded for a moment before memory last night registered in his mind.

He touched Sulli's head which was attached to his chest, Minho sighed softly and smiled.

'Is she even able to breathe properly?'

He carefully moved Sulli's head and then lifted her chin to face him, gently tucked Sulli's loose hair behind her ear. Minho's breath hitched, the sight in front of him was a sleeping beauty yet she was so adorable.

Minho released a sigh of smiling. Last night was the best night ever since they got married. He couldn't deny how much he like having Sulli inside his arms. The whole night they spent cuddling each other was the thing he wanted so much ever since their first night here on this bed. Minho found it was really stupid for having such thought of hugging Sulli like this every night. Did she bewitch him or what? Or maybe he just couldn't accept the fact that he was captivated by Sulli, his long term enemy, same as his little cutie current wife.

Minho remembered his y yet innocent wife yesterday. She was so bold at her innocent action but she was the very cutest thing ever. He caressed Sulli's cheek but his eyes rested on her lips.

"Were you happy to kiss me last night? Wow! 3 times in a row! Best record, wife. I think I should catch up maybe." Minho chuckled softly. "I wonder how much you are able to remember later."

Minho decided to wake up first. It was still early but it'd be the best choice to do. He couldn't guarantee what will happen later if Sulli open her eyes and the very first thing she realizes is the current state they are in now. Minho made a great effort for finally was able to climb out of the bed without making Sulli awake. He groaned at the pain on his muscle as he stretched his body.

"Geez! She must be so comfortable but look at me!!"

Minho massaged his head as he went to the fridge to drink water and then he saw dirty plates in the sink and many empty cans of beer lying on the dining table.

"For a reward you made me happy last night, I'll clean all of these." Minho said, smiling at sleeping Sulli. "OK! Husband on charge!!"

 

Minho put the dishes away in the cabinet after he dried them. He released a satisfied smile, felt proud of himself for doing such a good job so far although he wasn't really in term with this kind of chores, it felt somehow good at the thought he was able to share this little work from Sulli.

Thinking about her, Minho walked to the bed. He smiled and pulled the duvet over her shoulder.

"Are you a baby? Such a heavy sleeper! Even when I created such a ruckus in the kitchen and you are still this peaceful." Minho laughed softly.

Out of blue he felt like to reserve this cute moment of Sulli so he grabbed his phone and took a few snaps of her sleeping face.

Sulli moved in her sleep and her eyes flickered, opened. She confusedly frowned to see Minho sat near her, she had to blink to confirm if it was really him. Minho was oblivious of Sulli was watching him as he was indulging in his masterpieces snapping photos of Sulli in his phone earlier. He even had an idiot smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" Sulli hoarsely asked.

Minho was startled and looked down at Sulli and saw her skeptically looked at him while trying to sit up. Minho resisted the urge to laugh at her when Sulli pulled the duvet to cover her.

"Why am I not allowed being here? It's my house, and of course this bed too." Minho said, smirking.

"What are you trying to do to me? Your face....I mean you right now look so creepy, evidently shown that you have a bad intention running in your head." Sulli said.

Minho rolled his eyes. "Seriously it's freaking morning for heaven sake. If I have any bad intention, do you think I have to wait until the morning come instead of last night when every minute was all a good chance for me?" Minho blurted out and smiled smugly at the memory last night.

"What happen last night?" Sulli quickly asked, bewildered. Totally zero memories running through her head except the moment she indulged Minho and Jinki to have the drinking session together. Sulli shut her eyes to get rid of the server headache.

"What's wrong?" Minho asked, seeing Sulli groaned faintly in pain.

Sulli got off the bed and went to fridge to drink water. Minho followed her. "Ugh! I shouldn't have drunken last night" Sulli said. "It's bad now."

"Is it that bad?" Minho asked again. "See! You were so hardhead and didn't listen to me about the impact of alcohol last night."

"Yeh, my bad." Sulli admitted sarcastically. Her head moved around the kitchen area before spinning to look at Minho with a bright smile. "You did the dishes?"

"Who else if it wasn't me?" Minho proudly said. He grinned. "I'm doing a good job right?"

"Of course you are. Wow! You are so good." Sulli exclaimed. She smiled widely at Minho. "Minho! Let's share the house chores from now on, okay?"

Minho wiped off his grin. "What? No way!!"

"It's not the heavy work. You just need to wash the dishes only and leave the rest on me like usual." Sulli tried to persuade him. "C'mon, just helping me this little. You are good at it anyways."

"That right! I'm good but that doesn't mean I want to do it though." Minho said. He smirked. "You said it yourself, you love being in the kitchen. Therefore I don't want to take away for what my wife is enjoying."

"Then why did you do it today? Yes, that's right! It’s my favorite territory, so stop touching anything here anymore, arasseo? Geez!! I should have known that. How did I even think about to beg you here? Aish!!" Sulli shot Minho an annoying look. "Move!!" She pushed him harshly out of her way.

 "Yah!" Minho called her.

"What??" Sulli answered irritatingly.

Minho looked at Sulli with squint eyes. "Umm...you really don't remember anything? I mean for what happened last night, you can't remember even one bit?"

Sulli furrowed her brows. Did something really happen last night when she got drunk? She suddenly gasped, earning a big smirk from Minho.

"Don't tell me...." Sulli trailed off but then she yelled at Minho. "Yah!! Why didn't you try to stop me? Omo omo! It's really embarrassing."

"I tried it too but I couldn't. You know, your boldness amazed me." Minho laughed. "Make sure, don't ever get yourself drunk again."

"Yah! Were you enjoying it? OMG!! I can't believe it." Sulli glowered at Minho as if she wanted eat him alive.

Minho was catch of guard at the word 'enjoying'. Yes he indeed enjoyed that but admitted it in front of Sulli, he rather choose to bang his head on the wall.

"Aish! That was crazy. It was surely disgusting." Sulli hit her head out of frustration.

"What? Disgusting?" Minho felt so offensive the way she thought of kissing him was disgusting. Why did she have to spit it like that? Then didn't it mean she found it also disgusting when he kissed her before? He chuckled in sarcasm. "Yes it was so gross and disgusting. And I was enjoying it? Sorry to disappoint you but in fact our feelings are mutual. I prefer taking drug rather than to be ki--" Minho had to stop himself and looked away to breathe properly. Why he had to bring that up again when she found it disgusting?

"To be ki--??" Sulli was dumbfounded. "You mean 'kissed'?"

Minho was irritated. Wow! Was she playing dumb? He laughed in sarcasm in response.

Sulli sensed Minho was angry at her. But why was he when she should be the one in that shoe?

She stopped him from walking passed her.

"Wait! Last night...it wasn't about I caused such embarrassing scene like....you know drunken person usually act, doing stupid thing, let out random expletives and worse when I might as well throw up." Sulli narrated the story which she had always seen in dramas and she thought she surely experienced all of those last night.

"What? Drunken person usually act?" Minho asked back. He studied Sulli's face for a moment. "You really don't remember it?" Sulli nodded and he smiled. "Well, that's good then. I thought you think that....aish never mind."

"Yah! Tell me, what did I do last night?" Sulli pulled Minho back, prevented him to dismiss the topic. "Did I create an embarrassing scene in front of Jinki oppa or not?"

"Jinki oppa!!!!" Minho couldn't believe what he just heard. So all along it was because she thought Lee Jinki might witness her doing all silly things when she was drunk?! And the most irritated thing was, when did that 'Jinki oppa' always involve in their conversation? That infuriated him to the max than earlier now.

"Forget about it!!!"

Sulli was startled when Minho suddenly yelled on her face.

"Why you need to shout? Will it cause you to die for just telling me what really happened?" Sulli said.

"Yes I will die, so don't even dare to ask me again. If you desperately want to know, just go to ask your Jinki oppa." Minho talked back before he went inside the bathroom and shut the door harshly.

"Just what the hell is wrong with him?" Sulli muttered and laughed unbelievably. She massaged her head in irritation. "Aish! Why can't I remember anything? But wait! Did he just mention about being 'kissed' earlier?" Sulli chewed her lips. "That can't be. I didn't kiss him right?" 

Sulli drank more water to calm down. She paced around while trying to think. Random scenes ran through her mind from where she initiated to drink and later Jinki asked to leave when he saw she was already drunk.

"So oppa left and it seemed I didn't do anything to embarrass myself." Sulli let out a sigh of relief but then more images flashed back in all instance.

"Are you ... jealous?

........

"It's hot."

........

"Can I kiss you? Let this time, I'm the one to initiate....kissss~~"

........

"I....kissss~~ you. I just....kissed~~ you."

........

"Don't go."

"Oh god no! What the heck have I done?" Sulli messed her hair and looked at the bed. "No no...how could i even do that to him. I never expect for the whole night we....."

Sulli had to shut her eyes. She was sure that she wasn't running on a treadmill but why her heart rate was increasing. Unexplainable feeling caused her heart to race faster again.

 


 

Minho tried to call Sulli but to his frustration, she didn't answer it. Since the class ended earlier she suddenly was out of his sight without saying anything.

"Is she still angry at me?" Minho mumbled.

It's been 2 weeks since that drunken night and he wasn't that dumb to not see that Sulli was likely avoiding him. Whenever they talked, she didn't even have the eyes contact with him. Or he was just thinking too much?!

Minho sighed frustratingly. He then felt a rough hand pressed over his shoulder.

"How is your married life dude? Have you already expected good news?" Jinwoon appeared out of place and .

"You're too noisy and nosy." Minho said and elbowed his friend on his rib to take his arm away from his shoulder.

"Moody again! What happened?" Jinwoon asked.

"I advise you should go to court your crush better than be here to annoy me." Minho said.

"Court??" Jinwoon laughed. "Yah! I already passed that stage."

Minho smirked. "You eventually succeed. Congrats dude. Your effort is paid finally, for like how many years already? 5 or 6!!"

"Yah!!" Jinwoon punched lightly on Minho's arm as the latter laughed, Jinwoon followed suit and sighed. "We just started last week. You know somehow I still can't believe Jiyeon finally said 'yes' to me. I guess, she already moved on from someone."

"Should I thank you then?" Minho said.

"Yah! I wasn't pursuing her just because I tried to help you." Jinwoon said. "Tsk...what's so great about you to have many girls are swooning over!"

Minho rolled his eyes. "As if I'm pleased. I didn't choose to be born potentially with both physical and brain."

"So conceited of you huh?" Jinwoon said, earning a proud smirk from Minho.

They were walking side by side as Jinwoon was contemplating whether he should tell something to Minho or not.

"Minho! Well....it is like this. I...want to tell you something." Jinwoon said with much hesitation.

"Go on!" Minho said casually.

"Well! Yesterday, I happened to hear Jiyeon talking to someone over the phone." Jinwoon sighed.

"So?" Minho uninterestedly urged him to continue.

"Huh? Oh.... Are you and Sulli okay?" Jinwoon asked.

Minho rolled his eyes. "You heard your 'girlfriend' talking with someone over her phone and next, am I and Sulli okay? Like that?"

"No.” Jinwoon sighed. “Minho, actually I heard--"

"Yah!! Jung Jinwoon!!"

Two guys simultaneously looked at Jinwoon's back and saw Jiyeon came hastily toward them.

"J-Jiyeon." Jinwoon stuttered as the girl secretly gave him a deadly glare.

"You wanna die huh?" Jiyeon whispered through her gritted teeth. She then gave Minho a not-so -friendly smile before she harshly pulled Jinwoon with her without the latter had the chance to talk.

Minho shook his head. "What a weird couple!" He took out his phone and found non-missed calls. "Just where the heck is she anyways?"

"Are you looking for Sulli?" A known person happened to pass by and heard him.

Minho awkwardly nodded. "Yes, have you seen her anywhere by chance?"

"Yes i saw her at the library earlier."

"Library! Oh, thank you." Minho half believed actually. That was very rare. How came Sulli was seen in the library? Like it was already mentioned, library was the least place she liked to stay. She wasn't the type who changed overnight, then suddenly turned into a hardworking student.

Minho smiled as he made way to library. It wasn't hurt to check anyways. Maybe she really changed and worried about her grade since their final is just a week away.

 


 

"Didn't I warn you to close you big mouth, Jung Jinwoon?" Jiyeon scolded her boyfriend when they were out of Minho's sight.

"I know but I think he deserves to know that....she is back." Jinwoon explained. "I feel so bad for lying to him."

"Oh god Jinwoon! Use your brain! You don't lie to him anything. Just keep your mouth shut, is it that hard?" Jiyeon said angrily. "Do you want to destroy his marriage by letting him know?" She asked in a mocking tone.

"No, it's not like that." Jinwoon sighed. "I just think that he should know and then they should meet to clear out misunderstanding from the past--" Jinwoon was cut off by Jiyeon.

"Misunderstanding? There is no such thing exists. It is very clear that it was all Choi Sulli's fault. She destroyed Suzy." Jiyeon said with hostility.

"Sulli didn't do anything. Suzy chose to leave suddenly without explanation." Jinwoon argued back. "Jiyeon, right or wrong we are not in the position to judge, let the 3 of them alone to solve."

"Whatever, I choose to believe what I saw and definitely I'm always on Suzy's side. That witch, she'll get what she deserves for hurting Suzy." Jiyeon said.

Jinwoon shook his head. "I don't get why you hate Sulli this much. She didn't do anything wrong toward you. It's not her fault to have Minho commit with her. Can't you stay out of it?"

"Do you want to quarrel?" Jiyeon said. "Listen Jung Jiwoon! You dare to talk about this topic again and we are done. You choose, keeping it away from Minho or breaking up with me."

Jinwoon had to turn elsewhere and sighed frustratingly. He put a straight face but didn't say anything in reply.

Jiyeon sighed to calm down before she continued. "This is what Suzy asked me for. As her bestfriend, at least I should do that for her right?! I hope you understand me."

Jinwoon turned to look at Jiyeon for a few seconds. He sighed once again. "Let's cancel our date for today, I'll bring you home."

"Ok let's go home." Jiyeon smiled a bit but was brushed off by Jinwoon as he just grabbed her hand, dragging her to the car park.

 


 

Sulli smiled in satisfaction, seeing the well-done job she put a lot of efforts to work on it.

These past 2 weeks she was distracting herself from thinking about that drunken night by doing all these things. But somewhat she still failed to forget about it, not when she and Minho are seeing each other everyday, worse when they are sharing the same bed as well.

Sulli sighed as she took her phone out. She saw many missed calls and all were from Minho.

"Omo! I forgot the time. Aish! Choi Sulli, you idiot. He must be looking for you all over the campus." She scolded herself and about to call him back but then stopped.

She slumped her back on her chair. Actually she purposely avoided Minho and tried to minimize the time she is with him. Sulli didn't know why she suddenly wanted to do that but she felt so confused and somehow awkwardly nervous whenever she faced him.

Sulli laughed at herself. What the hell she is nervous seeing Minho? That's so ridiculous. And why was she avoiding him? Nothing happened that night. As long as none of them bring that up, it's fine. And it wasn't that hard to act as if she didn't remember anything. That's right, it wasn't like Minho reminded it again anyways.

She took a deep breath and decided to call Minho back. But then the familiar ringing sound was heard. It was loud since the library is the very quiet place. Sulli saw Minho was in the middle of the place, panicked while fishing out his phone which was ringing loudly. Sulli realized situation, she immediately ended the call. Minho kept bowing in apology and then his eyes landed on hers.

Sulli smiled awkwardly and mumbled a word 'sorry' to him.

"The heck you didn't answer my call and then humiliated me!! Tsk! Great!" Minho whispered in annoyance as he sat down next to Sulli.

"Sorry I didn't mean to." Sulli said. "That's good you're here. I have something to show you."

Sulli picked out a paper she scribbled and showed it to Minho.

"Tada!" Sulli smiled proudly. "You know i kinda stress over every little detail of your Café of how I should decorate it, and for finally I came to finish it. It's good that I'm quite familiar with that Café or else I need to be there directly."

Minho was surprise, he didn't expect that Sulli was actually here to do all these things alone and for him.

"Ah right! I also read some business books and surf the internet to get some tips to start a successful coffee shop. "Sulli rummaged the messy table to find her notebook. “Oh it's here. This is what I list out those important tips. Yesterday I called Yonghwa oppa to give me a list of the competitors’ name around that area. Umm....actually I think there is nothing much for us to worry about since oppa did great job to make his Café to be this well-known already."

Sulli paused as she was thinking. She clapped her hand before taking her bag to find something. "Here! I also asked oppa to give me his former employees' contact number. Let try our best to ask them back and if we are failed to persuade them, I already made a plan to recruit for the open positions. But I guess it'll be hard to find the candidates with skills and professional."

Minho was silent as he just watched Sulli talking, his eyes followed every move she made.

Sulli continued to search for something when a hand suddenly grabbed her to stop.

"Enough Sulli!" Minho said as he looked straight at her face.

"Oh! I must be going over limit." Sulli thought of all what she had done and mentally cursed herself. She smiled awkwardly. "I guess I'm doing too much."

"Yes you indeed are. I asked for your help but I did not say you need to do all of these alone." Minho said.

Sulli felt offended. She wanted to help him but it seemed like he didn't like it. "Oh. I'm sorry then, I --"

Sulli stopped herself when she felt Minho's hand caressed hers. She held her breath and suddenly she felt nervous again when Minho fixedly looked at her.

"Yah! You should've worried about our final which is right around the corner. Why you are here to trouble yourself about all these stuffs?"

Sulli blinked her eyes. Did Minho just scold her? But she didn't feel like that. His voice was just too soft to even consider as a scold.

"I....you know, I never really care much about studying. Doesn't idiot have such a pea-sized brain?" Sulli tried to crack a small joke to lessen the awkwardness. At least this was what she felt right now. She glanced elsewhere while trying to take her hand away but to no avail Minho tightened his hold.

"W-what are you doing?" Sulli asked timidly.

Minho looked at his hand which enveloping hers. "I don't know what I am doing either." He retrieved his eyes on her. "You just make me feel all sorts of things."

"Why??" Sulli asked again.

Minho laughed softly. "That's right. Why?"

Sulli chuckled. "How am I supposed to know what is running in that genius brain? Stop acting weird. Let's go home already."

Minho let Sulli's hand go. He watched her packing her stuffs and organized the desk. Minho stopped her when she was about to retrieve the books.

"Do you....want me to tutor you?" Minho asked.

"Huh?"

"There are answers of 'yes' and 'no' which you are supposed to answer me." Minho said. "Tell me, do you want me to tutor you for our upcoming exam?"

Sulli was silent for a moment. "Let me retrieve these books first. At least I'm given a minute or two to think about it."

Minho felt slight annoyance. Couldn’t she just understand him a bit? "Oh c'mon Sulli, I didn't ask you out for a date. It's not a hard question to just answer with a 'yes' or 'no'. It's for your own good right?!"

Sulli nodded. "That's right. Maybe a 'yes' then if you are willing?!"

"Of course I suggest it and perfectly sure I'm fine with it as well." Minho said.

"Fine then." Sulli smiled and when she took a step away, Minho halted her again. This time, it was Sulli felt slight annoyed. “What is it again?”

"About your question earlier..." Minho paused and then looked away. "I guess I will use our vocation period to figure thing out."

"Huh?" Sulli was confused.

Minho resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "The reason why do I feel all sort of things about you."

"Oh that…. Actually I'm not that curious. You don't need to pay attention anyways." With that Sulli quickly ran away from Minho.

Minho released a sigh. "Oh god! Why I am so nervous? Seriously I'm nervous because of Sulli? What the hell is wrong with me?"

 

 

To be continued….


Here is the update. I’m sorry for taking too long.

Thank you for reading.

Till the next update :)