Chapter 16

Will Love Conquer Hate?

Minho and Sulli boarded the plane to fly straight from Seoul to Jeju Island, the paradise place which also known as the "Honeymoon Island" because it is the most popular honeymoon location in South Korea.

Being a gentleman, Minho offered Sulli the window seat and he chose to sit in the middle. Took a quick glance beside him which was the aisle seat, Minho slightly shrugged it off to see it was empty. But he secretly smiled at the thought there were only him and Sulli in the row.

They were alone much to his liking.

Minho saw Sulli kept yawning. "You can sleep, I'll wake you up once we land."

Wiping her tear, Sulli shook her head. "It's just an hour."

"Last night you slept at dawn already." Minho said. "Seriously why you seemed hardly fallen asleep? Are you dumb or what, when knowing that today we're traveling far?"

Sulli quickly scowled at Minho. He just looked away to ignore that but was smiling inside.

"Hello young man and young lady." An unfamiliar voice greeted them.

Minho and Sulli followed the source of voice which they found out he was their seatmate beside Minho. Both bowed their head in respect once learning he was a middle aged men.

"Are you a newlyweds going on honeymoon?" The old man asked, he smirked to see the couple hesitantly nodded their head. "Nothing to be shy of. It's not something you feel ashamed about it though. So how many of them you are planning to have? Mind to share with this old man?"

"Neh??" Sulli uttered in confusion.

Old man laughed. "It looks like you plan to have fun as a young newlyweds first. Yes right, enjoy it to the fullest dear before your children can annoy the hell out of you."

Minho smiled awkwardly at him, so that was what he mean, to think of them wanted to conceive a child there.

Minho took a glance at Sulli and saw faint heat crawled up on her cheek. He chuckled lowly of how cute she was. He then turned to have conversation with the old man.

Minho saw that he was excited to talk to them, he learned that he has lived on Jeju as a farmer. Minho found him was actually sweet to chat with. He even gave Minho his phone number and told them to call him one day so that he could take them to dinner.

"It’s nice to meet you Ahjussi." Minho said, smiling. "Maybe when we're going to leave, we'll sure contact you."

"You will?! It'd be my pleasure to welcome you both." The old man replied.

Minho sensed that Sulli was all quiet, he turned to her and saw she was sleeping. Her head was placed against the window.

Minho asked the flight attendant for a blanket. He then gently moved Sulli's head to rest on his shoulder and covered her with blanket.

Sulli felt warm as she snuggled closer to Minho. Her hand made its way to hug his as Minho gladly offered it and shifted toward her, making it comfortable for her to lean on him.

"Young man! You can't do that to her. Take it slow, she's all yours anyway." Old man said and Minho creased his brows. He shook his head. "Your wife seems very tired. Guess you didn't even let her sleep at all last night."

"N-Neh??" Minho widened his eyes. He lowered his voice. "No, we weren't like that."

"Tsk tsk, you still have the nerve to deny huh?!" Old man said, then laughed. "Ok I understand. Who would please to share that kind of thing to the stranger? Then let this old man give you advice." He looked at the sleeping Sulli. "Take care of your wife, love her as much as you can give. You don't know what fate prepare what kind of roads for you to walk but as long as you wholeheartedly cherish your marriage and hold on each other tight, you'll surpass all the crucial stages."

Minho looked at Sulli. He wiped her hair strands out of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

"I don't know how far we are going to reach. I also don't know how much can I do. Most especially I don't know how to invest the trust. I'm afraid I can't do anything right and at the end I can only hurt one of us or unfortunately the both of us will suffer because of a mere wrong decision." Minho said. He looked at Sulli's hand. Fighting off the hesitation, he fulfilled his need and interlaced their fingers.

Minho fainted a smile to feel their palms clapped together.

"I could see you love your wife." Old man said.

Minho turned to look at him, a little bit surprise. "I do?"

Old man chuckled. "Love is built on trust. It's not really about how much you can invest right now because it'll be grew as time goes by. The fact is, we can only naturally love someone we already trust."

Minho had to look back at Sulli. If what the old man said is true that he loved Sulli, so the trust was already there. Is that it? And the question should be, when did it start? He also noticed he had grew some feeling for Sulli but still not sure whether he ever trust her since the beginning.

"Sometime trust someone dearly is hard and blurred, because you haven't realized that you already fall for that person, that point possibly makes you lack of trust toward someone whom is supposed to deserve it, worse when it causes that person get hurts unintentionally." Old man continued, it jolted Minho back from his deep thinking. He then heard Minho released a faint frustrated sigh. Old man smiled. "Don't worry, like I said, trust is growing day by day but you need help from your heart. Don't be afraid to get hurts because we trust in order to be trusted back. We always believe that love conquers all but it is trust that holds everything together. It is the glue to every gap and difference."

Minho just responded the old man with his charming smile. He didn't really understand much about what he wanted to mean but he sure kept this advice in his heart.

Minho then adjusted the blanket on Sulli. She moved and unconsciously lifted her face to him. Minho halted his gaze on her.

Sulli had that angelic face to enhance her innocent. Minho sighed softly, she was in a deep slumber yet not really peaceful. He could tell just by the slight winkle on her forehead. He massaged that.

"She must has been through of something lately. She can't have a good sleep even when she's in a deep slumber like this." Old man talked again.

"I guess so." Minho replied as he kept massaging her winkled forehead.

"Guess so?!" Old man chuckled. "Then young man, I must say you husband is the reason why this lovely wife of yours seemed so bothered."

"Me? I didn't do anything." Minho argued, somewhat pissed. "Aigoo ahjussi, you don't even know us that much to talk like you know everything."

"Well then, maybe I talk recklessly like this because it based on what I'm assuming about you. So then, what make you think she has other problem beside what I mentioned earlier? I bet she would gladly sharing some worry with you if you aren't the main reason of this."

Minho couldn't talk. Somewhat it dawned on him.

Days ago she suddenly had been cold toward him and even wanted to cancel this trip. Although they had talked about this matter but somehow he still felt she gave him her cold shoulder. So it was possible that she resented him over something but what was it? He couldn't remember he ever been harsh to her recently except his childish tantrum related to Jinki and she knew right that it was because he was jealous.

Therefore what exactly about him to make her like this?

Minho sighed, maybe he should pay more close attention to Sulli. During this trip he'll make sure they are going to have so much fun and most especially to make sure they realize the answer.

And like the old man said, 'Trust' is the key that holds everything together. He should give Sulli more trust and attention, he knew that he neglected it before. Much or less right now Minho seemed to realize that he might be used to hurt her before.

He suddenly felt sorry toward her even he was still uncertain behind all the drama they had been through in the past.

Minho sighed softly and talked internally.

'Why are you making me became like this Sulli? In fact do I need to realize what kind of this feeling toward you or actually admit that I like you already? Am I really confused or actually it's just an excuse I want to be with you?'

 

 

Minho walked behind Sulli as the girl was happily talking with the old man while walking ahead of him.

rHe saw her hand was swinging freely and the urge to hold it in place emerged. He still felt the warm squeezed hand of hers in his earlier on the plane.

Minho moved faster to reach them and when he was about to grab Sulli's hand to hold, they already stopped right at the airport entrance.

The old man turned and caught Minho attempted to do something with Sulli's hand. He laughed much to Minho annoyance.

"Don't put that face, plenty of chances are coming while you are here! Spare this old man a pleasing impression before we part way young man."

Sulli immediately looked at Minho.

"What?!" Minho said to Sulli. "I don't do anything to him."

"You better don't. Ahjussi is such a good person." Sulli replied. "Stop nonsensically acting jealous again. I had enough with the way you did to Jinki oppa."

"What?!" Minho uttered.

"So you are jealous of me?! Aigoo I'm too old to compete with you. But right, who wouldn't feel insecure when you have this lovely woman as your wife?!" The old man teased Minho. He saw him about to protest so he continued, changing the topic. "Btw have you already set plan to honeymoon here?"

Sulli looked confused.

Right, she didn't prepare anything for this trip at all.

"Well I've set it already...." Minho said and paused. He put his gaze on Sulli which already had her surprised eyes on him. He then proudly smiled at the old man "Don't worry ahjussi, my wife and I will certainly have fun during our honeymoon."

"Really?" The old man eyes' bounced between Minho and Sulli. "You bet, your husband is sure left out a very fun place. Then let me recommend that place for you." Old man said to Sulli. He smirked mischievously. "Honeymooners mostly come to that place for them to get in the mood, this is one blatant way to go about it."

"Oh, what is that place?" Sulli curiously asked with an excited smile.

"It's Loveland. It's one popular tourist destination here." Old man said.

Minho quickly rolled his eyes as he already knew the old man's intention.

"Loveland..." Sulli nodded slowly yet clueless.

"No, we thank you for your recommendation ahjussi but we won't go." Minho said.

"Why? Ahjussi said it's fun there." Sulli argued.

"I said we won't go. It doesn't include in my plan which I had already prepared." Minho replied. "Therefore we are not going to that place."

Sulli scowled at Minho. "What's wrong with you? Aren't we here to have fun? Stop being moody for no reason."

Minho gave Sulli a shake of his head.

"Seriously didn't you do some research about Jeju? Or at least you are a native not foreigner to not know what kind of that place. Are you a Korean?" Minho said, holding his laughter as Sulli continued giving him a straight glare. Minho chuckled. "Look at your face, it means you want to go, right?? Fine! I will grant your wish. Our first date destination will be 'Loveland' then."

Sulli sighed. She thought what was wrong with Minho again. Why was he always being aggressively unpredictable like that?

"Hopefully you will have so much fun later." Old man smirked at Minho and mouthed something toward him which Sulli didn't understand. He then turned to Sulli. "I think we should part way already. Meeting both of you is such a pleasure and don't forget to give me a call during your honeymoon here, like I've said that I'll treat you for a nice dinner."

Minho and Sulli bowed in polite. He patted Minho's back and leaned in to whisper something which make the latter rolled his eyes yet he let out a chuckle later.

"Although I don't really like your candidness but thank you ahjussi. You are also somehow annoyingly nosy but it was fun talking with you." Minho said, smiling. Earning a loud laughter from the old man but a snap of glare from Sulli to warn him to shut his mouth.

Sulli smiled sweetly at the old man and with one last bow, they bid the farewell.

 

Minho received a car key from an unfamiliar man as he let him carried their suitcases to put in the trunk.

Sulli entered the passenger seat while Minho was putting his seatbelt on the driver seat.

"I thought you hired someone to tour us." Sulli said. "So now where are we going?"

Minho chuckled. "Seriously we aren't foreigners, why need someone to do that? And I already said, it will be only the two of us here." Minho started the car. "Now let's go first to our place for staying."

"Oh is it a hotel or some kind of resorts?" Sulli asked casually.

"Nope." Minho answered. "It's a beach house. Anything our parents could neglect of but surely not a place they would trap us since they thought it is the most effective way to bring us closer."

Sulli laughed a bit. "I think it's working. Don’t you think so?"

"Sure it is." Minho replied as the both of them let out a laughter together.

Sulli opened the window to inhale the Jeju's breeze. She closed her eyes, smiling she stretched her hand out to feel the pleasant wind.

"Ahh it feels so good." Sulli sighed.

Minho turned to her, he smiled from ear to ear to see Sulli was enjoying herself. It hasn't been their qualified time yet he had felt it's a good beginning of this journey already.

"Are you ready Sulli? Start from this moment we are nothing but a pair of a lover to enjoy our date." Minho said.

A pair of a lover?!

Sulli slowly opened her eyes. She turned to look at Minho but unable to fish some word out.

"Let's give it a try Sulli." Minho suddenly suggested in a serious tone. "I don't know where it'll bring us to but it won't hurt too much to just give it a try. Even if the ending ends up no good but I think....I'm willing to give it a go."

"A-are you sure?" Sulli asked hesitantly. "I mean, you meant about this trip or--"

"Yes I mean both. For a week here and if we fail our mission, we still have the rest of the months we agreed upon. It's only about 8 months left and I don't think it is that hard for you to stay in this marriage if you find it worth to do it so." Minho said.

Sulli returned her view out of the window. "You think we can? What if at the end there will be only one of us have that feelings? But another one realizes that it's a mistake. It may be a confusion for now but actually it's a mistake where you thought it's possible for the replacement."

Minho took a deep breath "Replacement? Are you not referring to--"

"You knew, I knew." Sulli cut Minho off. "Who is your first and because of that I've been blamed since then." She suddenly chuckled, bitter inside. "But what a surprise, you out of blue said that you think you like me and need some time to figure that out. To tell you the truth, how am I supposed to believe it entirely?!"

"I....Whatever, I was sincerely honest with you." Minho said. "Ok, you don't need to believe me, as long as now we seem to change our perspectives toward each other so I think it's okay to try thing out." He sighed. "Past is already history. Let's bury that. For now stop thinking about the others but us. Give our relationship a chance Sulli. I don't know why exactly I'm asking for that but like I said, I'm willing to try it out. Well we don't know what future will bring us to right, what if it turns out to be good?!"

Sulli laughed softly. "You sound like you are pleading me. So new of you Mr. Choi. When all these while you are a type who never accept defeat."

Minho chuckled. "Am I not the same?! I'm still a challenging type. I won't accept defeat like I won't accept a 'no' right now."

"You are warning me?!" Sulli playfully asked. "What if I say 'no'?! Do you think you are capable to harm me?"

Minho smirked. "You challenge me?"

Sulli chuckled and shook her head in teasing him. "I don't dare but isn't that the fact?"

Minho suddenly moved the car to the side road and stopped. Sulli looked confusedly, she saw Minho removed his seatbelt and before she could react he immediately leaned in toward her.

Sulli was taken aback and moved backward until her back attached with the car door, still like a slow motion Minho kept moving his face closer to her.

Sulli's breath was caught in , her heartbeat began to race, making a messy rhythm because of their faces were just centimeters away.

Minho's lip arched into a smirk. "Wanna have a bet? Give me some seconds, let's see am I incapable like what you said?"

Sulli gulped as she tried hard to divert her attention away, her gaze could land anywhere but not that pair of lips. She then felt a cold thing on her chin. Sulli sighed softly yet so frustrated knowing that it was Minho's hand holding her in place.

"Look at me Sulli." Minho said as Sulli slowly did as told. He smiled. "So a kiss would do or just staring is also enough to know am I capable or not?"

"Please, just move a way." Sulli said. She pushed Minho away but he was just too firm to even bug by a tender strength of her.

Minho stared at Sulli's eyes and then moved his gaze down to her semi parting lips.

'Damn! They're so kissable.' Minho talked in his heart.

Sulli pursed her lower lip.

"Stop doing that or I might end up kissing you right then and here." Minho whispered and Sulli quickly released her lip. His breath hitched which he had to shut his eyes. "Your lips....why it's always like a seductress to me?"

Sulli looked at Minho closing eyes. Her smile started to spread on her lovely face. Her hands made its way to grab Minho's collar.

Minho opened his eyes and saw Sulli drew her face closer. His heart began to beat like a drum.

"Maybe....a kiss would do." Sulli said.

"I think this situation is similar." Minho said. He smirked at seductress Sulli. "Differentiation is I doubt right now you are drunk."

A fain heat crawled up to color her cheeks when Minho indirectly reminded that drunken night.

Minho chuckled to see how cute she is and before Sulli could say anything, he suddenly gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Sulli widened her eyes. She hasn't recovered from that yet when suddenly Minho drew in again and locked their lips. A few seconds past and he didn't let it go, Sulli knew that it was no longer a peck anymore.

Minho gently brushed his lips against hers, he kissed the corner of and then made his way in.

Subconsciously Sulli closed her eyes and slowly responded his kiss.

Both were enjoying their moment which turning everything was involved around them totally forgotten, nothing else that was going on around them seemed to matter.

After a few moments, slow by slow they released their lips.

Minho chuckled seeing Sulli had that goofy smile but little did he knew he wore the same expression as hers.

A bit of awkwardness arise, Minho leisurely moved back to sit properly on his seat.

"Let's go, shall we?" Minho said after he retreated his seatbelt back and turned the engine on.

Sulli nodded and to vanish the awkward moment, she spoke. "Why don't we go to Loveland first before going to the beach house?"

Minho became restless. "Are you sure? Look Sulli, it maybe not the place for us to be there."

Sulli frowned. "Why? Seriously what kind of that place or it is that scary for you to protest it that much?"

Minho sighed, he told her to surf internet about the Loveland and Sulli did as told.

Some seconds later at the corner of Minho's eyes he noticed Sulli quickly shoved her phone into her bag, she even had that uneasy attitude.

"See! I told you." Minho said, chuckling. "Loveland is an outdoor sculpture park featuring....well like you saw already just now, what kind of place is that?!"

"I-I didn't know that at first." Sulli stuttered. "You're right we should better skip that place."

Minho laughed a bit. "Yes we should. Well we just shared something earlier yet then you want to go there, and worse when considering about where we would stay later. Make it short, it's not a good idea to be there."

"Yes yes, so let's just go the beach house already." Sulli agreed quickly.

Minho just smiled and continued to drive until they reached their destination.

 

 

They arrived to a breezy beach house which located by the beach.

Entered the house Sulli was amazed to feel the ocean breezes which enhanced the natural beauty of the home with crisp white, splashes of bold color, and sea-themed accents.

Minho on another hand carried their suitcases into the master bedroom which was having the Oceanside view.

"Wow!" Sulli exclaimed excitedly when she came in and saw the beautiful of ocean through the transparent wall. "It's so beautiful."

Minho smiled tenderly, his gaze rested on Sulli from her side view profile, not really interested in what Sulli was admiring.

"Yes, so beautiful." He replied softly.

Sulli turned around once she thought of something. "I guess we will share a room again. Well a bed, obviously."

"Yup it's obvious this house has only this room." Minho said as he made way to lie his back down on the bed. "Well it's not new to us anyway."

Sulli imitated Minho, laid down beside him. "Yes right. I'm no longer minding it anyway. I'm used to it already."

Minho jerked his head to the side and stared at Sulli. He suddenly wanted to .

"But I don't think so." Minho said, he rotated to his side, raising his head and supported it with his hand. "Contrastingly I feel that you seem afraid of me which for, if we go to the Loveland, you thought later I might--"

"As if you dare?!" Sulli cut him off. "What the heck just because of that park, I'm afraid of you. In your dream, because I'm sure capable to kill you if you dare to lay a finger on me."

"I indeed dared earlier, I initiated the kiss. Why didn't I see you kill me already?" Minho said laughingly. His hand naughtily played with Sulli's hair. "Oh C'mon Sulli, I know you like it right? Maybe I'm even sure that you don't mind if we--"

"Yah!!" Sulli yelled at Minho. She jerked her head, attacking Minho to bite his hand. But he removed his hand fast. She saw Minho kept on laughing and so she knew he was having fun in teasing her. She too later laughed and then smacked him on his chest. "I hate you Choi."

Minho suddenly grabbed Sulli's hand and put it around his waist. Sulli was even shocked when Minho moved her closer until they were in a hugging position with Minho's head rested on Sulli's.

"Just a minute." Minho whispered when Sulli struggled to remove herself. He held her in place. "I wish we'd be like this everyday."

"Huh! Like what?" Sulli asked.

"Like I would always tease you, we joke and laugh freely together to our heart content." Minho replied. He sighed smilingly. "Also like this, right now to have you in my arm."

Sulli was silent, as well as Minho until a few moments later.

"I'm sorry." Minho uttered. "If....if I ever hurt you before. It wasn't intentional."

Minho received nothing again from Sulli but only to felt her uneven breathing inside his embrace which was enough for him to sense that there was something wrong with her.

Minho shut his eyes as guiltiness slowly penetrated him. He moved more even closer to her until there was no space between them, he hugged her tight and patted rhythmically on her back before whispered softly.

"Sorry, I'm sorry Sulli. Believe me, I'll make everything up for you. I absolutely will." Minho felt Sulli's shoulder slightly shook. He caressed her hair. "It's okay wife, everything is going to be ok. Just let it out, I am here."

 

 

 

To be continued…..


I am trying to make plenty minsul moments for you guys. I'm sorry for the very slow update.

Thank you readers.

Till the next update.