Chapter 19

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Minho wore his watch and glanced casually at the bathroom direction where Sulli was in. He then heard the water running down and suddenly naughty images of his wife in her birth suit taking a shower assaulted his mind.

Minho gulped uneasily and quickly exited their bedroom. He closed the door behind him and took a deep breath. "You are a ert Minho!" Minho scolded himself and shaking his head to clear dirty thing off his mind.

He went to open the door of the porch and looked over the blue ocean. Smiling, Minho closed his eyes to inhale the fresh air and listened to the faint sound of the wave crashing the shore.

A moment later Sulli walked out of the room. Her step halted when she saw Minho. He was giving her his back but she could know that he was enjoying the beautiful nature before him.

Sulli realized how handsome her husband was right then. He was wearing his white classic shirt with sleeves rolling up to his elbow. His shirt was accompanied with simple sky blue short. All and all, he dressed casually simple but so attractive in his own way, girls would be drooling over him and try to hit on this gorgeous guy. Sulli frowned at the thought, she didn't like the way Minho could easily attract the girls like bees. Of course she wouldn't want to share her husband with anyone else when they could spend time together.

Minho could feel someone's presence behind him and turned around. As expected it was Sulli. She was smiling brightly at him and he smiled back as his eyes traveled up and down, taking in her figure wrapped in a sky blue sundress. She let her slightly wavy hair loose and let it rest on her right shoulder. She probably felt a little shy under his gaze as her hand tucked some of hair strand behind her ear in a timid way. Minho's heart fluttered, affected by her simple demeanor.

"You are beautiful." Minho complimented and he approached her.

Sulli smiled as she looked at herself and Minho. "It looks like you plan this, asking me to wear the skyblue color."

"It isn't bad, is it? But..." Minho smirked and he leaned down to whisper in her ear. "To tell you the truth, it kinda disappoints me since I was looking forward for you wearing a pair of y bikini."

Sulli gaped softly and punched him on the chest. "Yah! You ert!"

Minho laughed. "I'm not. Isn't it supposed for girls would like to wear when they are on the beach? And why are you reacting like that? I'm your husband. Come on baby, no need to be shy."

Sulli knew Minho was just joking. He wanted to and enjoying himself like now. And he succeeded in making her blushed. Although it was just a tease but she couldn't help to imagine herself in a real bikini while Minho was checking her out. It sent all sort of weird feeling ran down her spin.

"Are we ready to go now?" Sulli asked. She tried to divert his teasing mode.

"Now? I thought you are going to change first." Minho replied, making Sulli blushed more even deeper and she rolled her eyes. He chuckled. "Okay I'm just kidding. Come on let's go." He smiled before interlaced their fingers together. Sulli returned the same smile as she allowed him to lead her toward the door and out to the beach.

They walked hand in hand along the sand and said nothing besides the stealing glances from time to time, there was only the sound of the wave rolling to the shore appearing like a music to accompany them. It wasn't awkward, their quiet moment was comfortable and peaceful.

"The weather is nice, isn't it?" Sulli started the conversation and she smiled when Minho nodded. She sighed contently. "Ah…feel so good."

Minho looked at her, smiling widely. "It is because I'm with you and holding your hand like this." He said and then chuckled when Sulli creased her brow, conveyed a message that he was overly confident. Minho looked into her eyes and with a warm smile he continued. "You know, I've always wanted to do this. It feels not just good but so good and romantic." He paused and stared at his wife. "Because I can be with someone I want."

Sulli's heart beat faster at Minho's sweet word. She knew it wasn't a lie by looking back into his eyes but somehow there was something bothering her. She faltered her smile a little bit and then looked away from him.

"You have never done this before?" Sulli asked quietly without looking at him.

Minho noticed her sudden change. Although he understood her question but he wasn't sure what was running in her head.

Sulli looked back at him and laughed softly. "Never mind. I was just wondering if I'm the first girl you ever held her hand walking along the beach like this. And base on what I know, I just don't think I am. That's all."

Minho stared back at her a few seconds before he looked forward far away and took a deep breath. Sulli didn't really like his reaction now. He was thinking deep as if contemplating on something that he should say to her or not.

"Forget it. I just-"

"Remember our field trip to Busan five years ago?" Minho asked. His eyes retrieved on her.

"Oh." Sulli said softly as that was all she could respond. Some memories flashed back and she didn't want to remember it at all.

 

Flashback

Sulli was looking for Minho for almost entire place. His mother just called and asked why he doesn't pick up her calls.

"Aish! Where on the earth is that frog going?" Sulli was mumbling to herself annoyingly, just then she bumped into Jiyeon. "Oh hey Jiyeon, have you seen Minho? I cannot find him around the hotel area." Sulli asked nicely but Jiyeon appeared to be annoyed.

She crossed her arms haughtily. "Why should I answer you? Last time I check we aren't even that close to talk to each other, let alone you are asking me now."

Sulli sighed nonchalantly. "Oh sorry, then let's pretend you don't see me neither heard my question. Okay now?" She started to walk away when Jiyeon talked again.

"Well, he's probably at somewhere on the beach. But…" Jiyeon paused before she turned around with a smirk. "He is with Suzy right now so better know your place and don't interrupt them."

Sulli couldn't find any word to respond. She could only watch Jiyeon smirked in triumph before she walked away.

Sulli chuckled sarcastically. For a Christ's sake she didn't care who he was with but was it ridiculous to forbid a fiancée to talk with her fiancé just because he was with someone?

Taking a deep breath, Sulli allowed her legs to bring her down to the beach. She just wanted to confirm if what Jiyeon said is true or not. For almost entire universe was looking for him, was he really willing to shut off his phone to not have someone disturb him and just to be there alone with Suzy?

Sulli stopped herself suddenly once she reached the supposed destination. Her eyes widened in surprise to see the unexpected scene before her. Though it was quite far but she still could see what they were doing. There was her fiancé she's looking for, engaging in a romantic moment with the other girl.

Coming here in attempt to just find Minho, never she expected to see him kissing Suzy like they were the most beautiful couple on earth alone. Uncanny feeling stirred inside of her. What the hell? What the hell was wrong with herself? Why did she feel so awful like she was going to throw up or ridiculously crying anytime soon? Only one thing she knew to herself now, she was so mad literally.

Sulli didn't know how or when she brought herself out of that inappropriate moment of them, she only realized later when she was standing by the pool. Her head was still spinning, replaying the moment of Minho and Suzy sharing the kiss earlier.

She shut her eyes and tried to breathe probably to calm down her nerve but even before she could shut her mind in peace, suddenly there was something touched her shoulder and pushed her down into the pool. Instantly she was drowned into the water.

Sulli was extremely panicked as she kept thrashing to lift herself vertically out of the water as high as possible but she kept falling. She didn't know how to swim, worse when she had a childhood trauma of drowning which making her to scare of water up til now.

Just when she thought it was finally the end of her life, she could feel someone come to rescue her on time.

She was saved.

"Sulli….Sulli….open your eyes. Are you okay?"

Sulli was having difficulty of breathing and she was quickly helped by performing CPR.

She coughed the water out and finally opened her eyes very slowly. She adjusted her sight to get a clear view of who was her savior. Once she saw him, for some reason her heart felt disappointed. The only person she expected to receive his help wasn't here when she needed him the most.

"Thanks god Sulli. You are conscious."

Onew took a big sigh of relief. He helped her to sit up properly and Sulli could tell that he also panicked. He went to take towels from the bench for both of them. He wiped her head gently before he wrapped it around her shoulder.

"You really scared the hell out of me Sulli. Good thing that I happen to pass by here and heard splash of someone drowning. If I didn't, I really couldn't imagine what would happen to you." Onew said. His voice was very low in concern but then his huge smile of relief explained it all that he was very thankful to himself that she was now all fine.

"I'm sorry for making you worry. And thank you so much sunbae. I thought I was going to die." Sulli said and returned a thankful smile yet her smile couldn't reach her eyes.

"What happened? Why did you drown? You used to tell me that water is your worst enemy. I know you wouldn't jump in and try to overcome your fear."

Sulli slowly stopped smiling. Onew reminded it now and she remembered. There was indeed someone pushing her but she couldn't see that person. Everyone for entire school knew that she was scared of water. So it could only mean they tried to do something on her but she couldn't think of someone who had such the big gut and what their motive was.

"I slipped." Sulli replied Onew shortly. She knew he wasn't convinced but it was better to keep it by herself. It could be her assumption was wrong, probably someone just accidentally bumped into her.

Onew leaded Sulli back into the hotel. He noticed she was shivering slightly, he offered his own towel and then put his arms around her.

Sulli was kind of surprise at first as she looked at him but Onew's warm smile prevented her to say anything and she only returned back the same smile.

As they walked side by side along the hallway with Onew had his arms around her, they met Minho and Suzy also walking in at the same time.

Sulli felt her legs stopped making a move suddenly and her eyes darted between the couple in front of her. Her chest rose up and down as anger seeped through her skin instantly and she glared straight at Minho.

Minho also stopped walking as he looked back at them. His eyes were reflected confusion and dislike as he watched his fiancée was in the arms of the other man. And both of them were all soaked.

What the hell they were doing to get all wet like that?

Minho made the harsh few steps forward. He was about to snap at her when he realized Sulli is looking pale and her body was shivering involuntarily. His eyes became gentle a little.

"What happened to you?" Minho asked out of concern.

Onew took the cue to explain when Sulli interrupted. "I see that you could have fun on the beach so I was thinking that I also could have one for myself at the pool with Onew sunbae. We enjoyed swimming. That's all."

Minho raised his eyebrow and turned briefly to look at Suzy. She also had similar reaction as his before she looked away.

Sulli chuckled. "You seem guilty because of something. If you didn't do anything wrong, don't afraid that you're caught red handed." She looked between Minho and Suzy. "Or given by that look, I could assume you really did something inappropriate earlier."

Minho's eyes narrowed. "First, for your wrong assumption we didn't do anything inappropriate like what you are thinking. Second, now we are not talking about me but you."

Sulli was holding back her nerve to argue back for what she just witnessed on the beach but she realized that it wasn't something she should bring up. There was no point to it since that was his business and he could do anything he wanted without her meddling in.

They weren't like the engaged couple out there who were madly in love but merely enemy that constantly bickered for any chance they could get. And Sulli was also sure to herself that she wasn't jealous but she was just mad at him for some unexplainable reason only. Yes, it should be like that since no one in the family couldn't reach him through his phone, turned out that he ignore everyone for just to be alone with Suzy.

Sulli glared at Minho one last time before began to walk away to ignore him but he stopped her.

"Yah! I'm not done talking with you!" Minho said, his voice raise a bit louder. He didn't really get why he was irritated for some reason.

Sulli shrugged his hand off of her arm and barked. "But I don't want to talk to you! Mind your own business. I don't give a damn about yours anyways!"

"Why the hell you get mad at me? For god knows that I didn't do anything to upset you as far as I remember. Stop acting like an immature kid, will you? That is the most annoying thing about you that I hate." Minho said harshly and he knew it but he couldn't help himself. Words just flew out from his mouth without he could stop it. He knew he shouldn't have said that because of Onew and Suzy were with them but he couldn't redo it anyway. Yes, talking about Onew, he was probably the main reason to trigger his gut to get irritated.

Sulli's lips began trembling as she tried to purse it hard. Turmoil was boiling inside. She was hurt by Minho's word but she won't show this fragile side to anyone here to see it. She looked at Suzy and caught a slight smirk gleamed from her eyes.

"You go to hell Choi Minho!" Sulli said. The outside she appeared to be calm but not the inside. With that she walked off them, carrying her broken pride that Minho just stomped on it.

Once inside her room alone, Sulli felt her body begin to tremble more than before and that had nothing to do with her being wet at all.

 

"Sulli!"

"Huh?" Sulli snapped back to present and noticed that they already stopped walking. Minho was now facing her and his eyebrows winkled. He moved closer to her but she quickly moved backward from him. "What did you say?"

Minho sighed. "I was talking to you but you didn't listen at all. You were caught too deep in trance, thinking of something. What's wrong? Do you want to share with me?"

Sulli looked away, making the wind brushed her hair as she tucked it behind her ear. "Nothing."

Minho held her shoulder to make her looking back at him. "No, not nothing. I know there is something bothering you." He sighed again when Sulli still refused to answer or looked at him. "I know your demeanor had been changed ever since I mentioned about our field trip five years ago."

Sulli finally looked at him. She pushed his hands off of her and almost with a pleading look she said. "Forget it Minho. There is really nothing wrong."

"No, not when after we clear out some misunderstanding." Minho said sternly, not liking the way she tried to escape away from his question.

"There is no misunderstanding." Sulli argued back and by Minho's disapproval look, she knew he wouldn't drop off the topic easily. She ran her hand through her hair and sighed. "Can we not talk about it? I don't want to argue."

"We won't argue. We just talk it out to find solution." Minho insisted.

"Please Minho, I-"

"Is it about the kiss?" Minho interrupted, making Sulli abruptly looked at him. With no response, Minho knew he just hit the right topic and so he continued. "I didn't kiss her. Yes I mean we kissed but it was Suzy start it, not me. And I knew you saw us and believed me, I was also as surprise as you."

Sulli looked at Minho, she didn't expect he would talk about it as if he could read her mind of what was bothering her. But what making her uneasy was the feeling inside, the image of them engaged in a romantic moment was still whirling in her head and after what happened for all these while, Sulli didn't want to remember a single thing about the past.

Minho sighed and looked away before continued. "That time she was so down because of some issue in her family and I was there to lend her my ear and shoulder until she was cooled down a little but she suddenly kissed me and then saying that she was very thankful to have me there for her." He looked back at Sulli. "I didn't expect you to see us. And if I could, I really wish to redo of what I said to you that time. I mean, I am sorry Sulli."

Sulli gripped her fist. So Minho knew that he was meant to her but he still said those words out and hurt her feeling. He didn't even try to say sorry after that.

But what did she expected? It was supposed to be like that, when did he ever care about her feeling before? Right! Now he probably did but the past he didn't.

Her vision slowly turned blurred and she quickly looked away to escape his gaze. She wasn't going to cry, not again.

"I was jealous." Minho said again but Sulli still refused to look at him. "I never realized until now that I had always jealous of Lee Jinki. I was jealous when you talk to him, jealous when he smiled at you. I was even jealous when all we could do is fighting but with him you were all happy."

Sulli turned to Minho. "We never got along Minho. It was the obvious fact. And moreover how could you are jealous? No, you weren't because you had her. You had Suzy."

Minho stepped closer to her. "How many times do I have to repeat myself that we were nothing? We weren't a couple. We never went out. We didn't date. Suzy and I were just friend, nothing more and nothing less."

"But you loved her and I believe you still do. I wasn't blind and I know you still blame me for her disappearance." Sulli said calmly, trying her best to not leading this talk into an argument.

"And how would you know that?" Minho asked but Sulli looked away. He took a deep breath. "Now listen to me, I really don't want to bring the past up but I have to for the sake of our marriage. I said I want to give us a chance and I meant it. So I'm willing to do anything to make it work. Now look at me Sulli."

Sulli knew he wanted her to see his face whether he was lying or not but she didn't want to. She was afraid to see something in his eyes that she avoided to see.

"Please..." Minho held her face to look at him. His heart wrenched to see her eyes getting red. This moment shouldn't happen, they were supposed to enjoy the time together and be happy, not this way. But if he didn't do something, they won't be able to lift away the dilemma from the past and move on from that.

"Listen! I've never loved Suzy. I only liked her before but that was all the past. Yes, I admitted that I was kind of devastated when she suddenly disappeared and I blamed it on you but I never meant to hurt your feeling. I knew it had nothing to do with you but I still acted like a completed jerk." Minho paused and sighed. He wanted to kick himself so bad for hurting his wife. He wished he could turn back the time and took back all what he had said to hurt Sulli those time.

Minho held her hand and caressed her hair. He took a moment to watch her face sadly. "I'm so sorry. Very sorry for everything I've done wrongly to you." He said sincerely.

Sulli let a single tear escape from her eyes. Her chest tightened, tear after tear slid down her face.

"Until I met Sohyun..."

Sulli was surprise. "Sohyun?"

"Yes I met your friend a few days before our trip here." Minho answered and he knew Sulli little by little finally understand what he was trying to tell her.

"And she told you everything?" Sulli croaked.

"From the argument between Suzy and her until you, being innocent turned into the bad guy." Minho wiped her tears away. "That day, the day Suzy attempted doing suicide, you were lying. You never spread fault rumor about Suzy. You didn't accuse her anything but just to save her life, you accepted all the fault by yourself."

"I-"

"No don't say anything, let me finish first." Minho interrupted her. "I really regret for putting all the blame on you Sulli. If only you could tell me earlier, I wouldn't treat you so bad for all this while. You must have been through a lot. I'm so sorry." He pulled her for a hug and Sulli allowed him to tighten his hold.

"You believe in Sohyun?" Sulli asked softly, not sure to herself if her tone of question might probably change his mind.

Minho released the hug but his arms were still around her. He shook his head slightly and smiled a little. "I believe in you. I was careless in taking care of your feeling but somewhere in me, I've always known you, the real you personally."

Sulli stared into his eyes. "Are you sure? What if one day Suzy come back, what are you going to do?"

"It'd be great if she returns, that's what I've always wished to know how she is during the time she disappear. I would want to know that all the while she's doing fine." Minho said and he knew Sulli wanted to know more than that so he continued. "And if you ask me who is she to me by then, my answer is still the same, just friends, no more than that. Because if there is someone in my heart right now, it has to be you."

Sulli's heart raced to his sweet word as the disturbance was melted away slowly. Although it was just his word alone but she trusted him.

Something had been lingering in her mind to why Minho had changed so much toward her and finally it was all explained, because now he believed in her, eventually.

"Sulli." Minho called for her attention and she looked at him innocently. His hands reached for her face. "Please forget all the unhappy things and start a new chapter of us. Let's take thing seriously from now on. I want us to become the real husband and wife."

Sulli just looked at him as her mind racing. "I-"

Minho kissed her lips to cut her off. "Do you like me?"

Sulli was silent for a few moments as Minho waited for her answer patiently. She nodded slowly. "Yes…but-"

Minho kissed her again. "'Yes' is perfectly enough. No 'but' is need."

He smiled and before she could have a chance to speak, Minho locked their lips again. She was taken by surprise at first because he made it so powerful yet so sweet. Sulli wanted more as she wrapped her arms around his neck and Minho pulled her closer to deepen the kiss.

They were finally official.

 

 

 

To be continued….


Sorry for the late update which I promised to do since last week. Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter. But is it too mushy? I mean, I put many kiss scenes since the previous chapter and I'm wondering if you like it or not.

And one more thing in case you forgot about Sohyun, I used to mention her briefly in chapter 15. She's Sulli's best friend. She moved to the State after the incident between her Suzy happened. I will try to enlighten the past in further chapters ahead.

Thank you guys. Till the next update.