Chapter 2

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Sulli walked out from discipline office with her high speed followed by Minho. He grabbed her arm to stop abruptly.

“Are you crazy to accuse me like that?” Minho said.

Sulli pushed his hand away harshly. “Accuse? So what you defend yourself about your handwriting in that ty paper then?” Sulli chuckled sneeringly. “So gross!”

“What? Gross!!” Minho repeated Sulli’s word and laughed unbelievably. “And what’s about you then? According to your bad grade, I bet you were obviously did that and when Jiyeon caught you, turned out you impute guilt on me. I was generous enough to lend you my books but I’ve never thought you’re still this bad to use that as bait in order to get back at me just because I accidentally destroyed your flower. You have no shame at all, always accuse innocent people to cover your own guilt. Choi Sulli, I’m so done with your spoiled brat attitude which you never want to get rid. You’re really incurable, totally.”

Sulli was trembling, her hands were folded into fist as she tried to stay unaffected but Minho’s word really hurt her. It dug her deep scar to open all over again. “I’m saying this again and one last time. Even if I’m a low grade student but I also have my leftover pride. I must save my face and never disgrace my family again. And whatever I do, either in the past or now, it bases on my own eyes as the evidence. And you--” Sulli suddenly stopped her own word and pursed her lip. She looked away from Minho when she felt her eyes were burnt. She then avoided the topic which she wanted to continue earlier. “Yes I’m incurable. Fine then, let’s break off our engagement. I also can’t stand to have a stupid fiancé like you as well.” With that Sulli gave Minho one last glare and walked away.

Minho sighed frustratingly. He kicked the wall hardly.                                             

“Hey dude, calm down.” Jinwoon, Minho’s bestfriend appeared behind him. All along he hid somewhere to let the couple a space to talk but seemed like they solved it in very ugly way, like usual. He touched Minho’s shoulder. “I think you were a bit harsh earlier. Even if she really did wrong but you’re her fiancé, whatsoever, you’re supposed to correct her not condemn her like that. And worst, why needed to say thing that indirectly brought up that high school past? Somehow, I feel that you still blame her over that till now.”

Minho clicked his tongue and pushed Jinwoon’s hand off of his shoulder. “Why out of nowhere you dig that story up?” Minho started to walk.

“I didn’t. It was you actually. Ask yourself, did you really not think of her when you said those words to Sulli?” Jinwoon said but he shut his mouth tight when Minho sent him a coldest stare. He really shouldn’t bring this story up to burn Minho like this. Jinwoon raised his hands up before he spoke again. “Ok, let’s pretend that I’ve never said anything. I am sorry.”

Minho shook his head at his bestfriend and continued to walk.

“Hey Minho, I actually came here to tell you about that cheating incident.” Jinwoon continued to talk while trying to catch up with Minho. He was hesitant to continue but in the end he still said. “Sulli was innocent as someone did frame her and that person was …. was…” He trailed his word because he wasn’t sure should he reveal that culprit or not. “That person was---”

“Park Jiyeon.” Minho finished the sentence without looking at Jinwoon.

“You knew it all along?! And you still said those hurtful words to your fiancée?” Jinwoo asked in surprise.

“First, no I didn’t know it. Second, yes I somehow had feeling that Sulli didn’t do that and of course Jiyeon was the first person I could think of. Third, however this idiot girl who was the one who start if first, nonsensically pointed to me when I don’t know anything at all. And the last, I also know how to be angry and thing just flowed like that, got out of hand and those words were already said, so just let it be.” Minho replied with a shrug as his expression remained stoic.

“Wow! She’s your fiancée for a Christ’s sake and looks how you’re treating her.” Jinwoo said and sighed. “I have to say that you’re the one who is incurable Choi Minho not Sulli. Your heart has a big wall surround it when it comes to Choi Sulli, your 21 years fiancée.”

 


 

Sulli and Krystal carried their trays of lunch foods to find the free table. They found it and sat down.

“So discipline officer didn’t punish you two? It’s good then.” Krystal said while chewing her food. “And do you think Minho really did that?”

Sulli dropped her spoon. She had no appetite ever since that incident Minho and her argued. “I don’t know if he did that for revenge or something, but I’m sure that his hatred toward me is just too much to die down. So it’s not surprise if it was really that frog.”

“You sound as if you are getting involved in a one side love, girl.” Krystal said, rolled eyes. “Seriously we’re talking about ‘hatred’ here and so you’re no different from him if that the reason. I really wonder when you two will get tired of this continuous bickering. You are a committed couple who is going to get married soon. Why don’t try leaning to love already? Who know, maybe a few days later you suddenly comes to us and shove the invitation in our faces and say ‘Guys, let’s throw me a party to say good bye to my freaking single freedom.’” Krystal said with the change of her voice and made face, instantly Sulli gave her talkative bestfriend a dead glare. “I’m just repeating the truth. Once again for the nth time, Minho and you really need a serious talk to change. World war I & II in the end still came to an end. So yours also need to be done as well.” Krystal said then her eyes saw Minho and Jinwoon entered the cafeteria. “Speaking of devil!” Krystal pouted her lips to the direction behind Sulli.

And without a single word, Sulli stood up when she knew who Krystal was referring to. “I’m full. Let’s go back. The next class will start soon.”

“Huh what?! This early? We just sat down like a freaking minute ago. Yah! I’m not full yet.” Krystal yelled but Sulli ignored her and walked off.

Minho stopped his track when he saw Sulli left the cafeteria. He looked at her and like his prediction, he earned himself with a sharp glower from his fiancée before she walked pass him, sending him with a cold wind. Minho shook his head and heaved a sigh. He saw the table where Sulli sat earlier, her tray of lunch was remained likely untouched. Minho turned around to catch Sulli’s glimpse. “This idiot girl.”

 


 

The last lecturer was ended and the students one by one started to leave. Minho slung his backpack and threw his eyes to Sulli’s seat but she was already nowhere to be found. Minho saw Jiyeon, when he was about walking to her but then he felt someone grabbed his arm to stop.

“Minho yah, just let it go for once, I’m asking you dude.” Jinwoon said, sounded pleading.

Minho smiled in response. As when Jinwoon opened his mouth about to thanks him, Minho shoved his hand away and ran to catch up with Jiyeon.

“Minho.” Jiyeon smiled widely when Minho touched her shoulder to get her face him. “W-What?” Her wide smile turned awkward, seeing Minho seemed so serious looking at her. She nervously thought that Minho might already found out about who was behind Sulli’s cheating incident this morning.

“Because of Jinwoon I didn’t report you to discipline officer about what you wrongly did this morning but that doesn’t mean I’ll let it go for the second time, if that ever happen again.” Minho firmly said. “I hope you understand what I meant, Jiyeon. And one more, if you feel unpleasant with my fiancée somewhere, as her fiancé I’m sorry in her place. I don’t interrogate what is your motive but I’m asking you don’t ever do thing like that again.” Minho continued and Jiyeon just lowered her head, bit her lip in shame. Minho saw Jinwoon, he smiled. “Yah! Jung Jinwoon! See man! I didn’t do anything bad to your crush.”

Jiyeon instantly widened her eyes and turned her head around to see Jinwoon who was smiling awkwardly. “What are you talking about, Minho? You’re just kidding right?!” Jiyeon said to Minho. She shut her eyes and sighed. “Yes, I’m very sorry for what I did to Sulli and made her dragged you get involve. And … And thing like crush and such you shouldn’t just jokingly say around.”

“Nope, I’m not joking. That rascal likes you.” Minho replied nonchalantly as if it was something normal. “Btw I accept your apology as sincerity.  But once again, stop doing thing that stupid to ruin the other. If you feel unfair or being treated badly by that person, just say it aloud rather than frame her just because whatsoever reason you had. It won’t gain you anything but karma will bite you back.”

Minho then left. Jiyeon just stood there watching Minho was out of her sight.

“Does he need to be that harsh until mentioning about Karma? And is it Karma when we love someone?” Jiyeon said, her eyes got misty in instance. “Does Choi Sulli really worth for him to do that? I really don’t get why he is still with her up till now even if he knew that she’s the one who destroyed my friend. Suzy was suffered because of her and then he acts like nothing ever happened.”

“Even if Suzy is here, it still won’t change the fact that Minho and Sulli are committed together.” Jinwoon said behind Jiyeon. He was also hurt to see the girl he’s in love with for years, sees his bestfriend all along but not him who’s standing there waiting for her to look at him even for once and now he even had to witness she cried because of him. He sighed. “Jiyeon, can you move on already? You are just hurting yourself to keep the love for the person who will never be yours forever. He’s taken Jiyeon…. since long even before Suzy comes in the picture until she left.” Jinwoon paused before he added shyly. “And beside of Minho, there’re so many available yet good men out there, Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon wiped her stain of tear and looked at Jinwoon awkwardly. She nodded and said. “I…I’m leaving now. See you!”

“Huh? Oh fine.” Jinwoon nodded his head and with that, Jiyeon quickened her step and left him drowning in humiliation. He palmed his face. “What was that? What just happened? Oh my god, so embarrassing. Nothing is different that I was just rejected. You will be a dead meat, Choi Minho.”

 


 

Minho saw Sulli was standing at the bus stop. He quickly entered his car and drove to her. Minho didn’t get off the car, instead he honked at Sulli. Sulli looked at him with a quick glance but made sure that was a dark glare. She ignored him and continued standing there waiting for the bus. Minho sighed annoyingly and went out his car, at the same time the bus arrived to stop in front of his car. Sulli quickly climbed in, leaving Minho stopped his track in defeat.

“Fine then, I’ll go home by myself today. Don’t you even dare to exaggerate bad thing about me to my parent behind my back.” Minho yelled behind the bus that drove away, as if Sulli was able to hear him. He harshly opened the car door and got in, angrily drove off immediately.

 

 

Minho stopped his car in front of a flower and plant shop. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel while his eyes were scanning inside the shop thru the glass wall. “Am I really doing this? Geez!!! You have already arrived, frog. Well! I can’t believe I’m doing this at all.” Minho mumbled to himself and decided to get out of the car.

“Minho!” A young slender lady exclaimed in surprise upon seeing Minho entered her shop. “What brought you here, flamer boy?”

“Annyeong Vic noona.” Minho greeted Victoria with a wide smile and bowed a little. “I drop by after college and you are alone?” He asked when he found no employees inside but only Victoria was attentively watering her plants.

“Yes, I already fired my employees last week since I don’t need them anymore. They are so reckless to look after my babies.” Victoria said with a smile. Her eyebrows ceased when Minho chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. I just think of your brainless dongsaeng. No wonder, you two are beloved cousin, so motherly over these plants so called your babies.” Minho said and then his eyes looking around, finding something.

“Of course Sulli and I are plants lovers. And thanks to your fiancée who always come here to help me taking care of them whenever she’s free. Not like those useless staffs who never appreciate these baby lives that give them blissful air to breathe.” Victoria said, looked so pissed. “Ah talking about Sulli, where is she? Why aren’t you guys together?”

Minho stopped looking around and focused on Victoria. A silly smile formed on his lips. “Well Noona, can you help me with one thing?”

 


 

Sulli sat down on her usual place at dining table. She started to eat her dinner but all the while she sensed that she was being staring by Dongwook and Dahae, her beloved parents.

“Appa! Umma! If you want to say something, just please do it.” Sulli said while continued eating hurriedly. “I know that look but it’s still freaking me out. No guess, it must be about the call, my college’s discipline officer gave you this morning. Okay, I have no energy to explain, so can you please reprimand me now? I’ll listen.”

Dongwook shook his head and raised his hands up as in defeat to his daughter. “Your daughter, Dahae. I lost out of word to say to her now.”

 “Sulli yah! Tbh, we believe that you didn’t do thing like cheating and such but did you need to drag Minho messing up with this problem?” Dahae said to her daughter in gentle tone.

Sulli stopped eating. “Oh I did? Seems like everyone are on his side, include the officers in college. Yes right, he’s outstanding college student after all not like me, a complete idiot. Well, that meant I was wrong then. But you don’t worry because your future son-in-law is so well taught, he won’t let himself drowning. Choi Minho is sooo good in lecturing this daughter of yours as well.” Sulli said. She knew, she sounded so rude to her parents but couldn’t help and not today because she really had no good mood ever since this morning. Sulli suddenly stood up. “I’m sorry Appa Umma, if you still want to talk over that matter, can I ask you to do it tomorrow? Because I have an assignment to do and need to submit by tomorrow. Can I?” Sulli put her cute puppy eyes and pouted to her Mom.

Dahae just sighed and nodded her head, she actually had nothing continued to say either since her daughter was such a stubborn child. Sulli quickly vanished right away from the dining table after she received a green light.

“Oppa! What should we do?” Dahae turned to ask her husband. She sighed. “These two seriously get me such a severe headache. Should we....”

“I have the same thought. Let’s discuss this with Jisung hyung and Boyoung noona tomorrow.” Dongwook looked to the stairs where Sulli was just gone. “Stay like this won’t improve anything. They seriously need to navigate their way around each other and their lives together. Then we’ll see if they can make something of it.”

Dahae nodded in agreement. She smiled to her husband. “It’s about time then.”

 

 

To be continued…..


Updated! Sorry for the mistakes and errors I had made. Btw I think I made you curious about Suzy's character right? Well, the story's flow will tell ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you so much my readers <3

Don't worry, soon the marriage is coming. MinSul cannot avoid or running away :D

Till the next update :)