Chapter 5

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Taemin went into his personal room in the boutique. He sat down on the chair and opened his desktop computer. Taemin smiled at picture he shot earlier which now was displaying on the screen. After dealing with such a difficult client on the concept that he will work for this soon to be newlywed tomorrow, they had determined shooting an indoor shoot for their pre-wedding photo session. Taemin chuckled, remembered of having such a hard time which he had to deal with this arranged couple just now. They were completely like a fire and water. Taemin bet that their argument is definitely a routine they used to converse with each other every day.  

Taemin chinned palm and staring at the picture. “They actually have a great chemistry together. Tsk…It’s such a waste.” He mumbled and his eyes then glued on Sulli’s feature in her bridal appearance. “She’s so beautiful. It’s your lose, man, if you don’t realize how the goddess look alike of your future wife. This Choi Sulli girl is really a good catch.”

“Oh oh oh…” Suddenly a woman crept behind Taemin and startled him, teasingly pointed to monitor and then his face. “You are doom, little boy. How will you do your job perfectly tomorrow when you have a big crush on this bride?”

“Aish! Taeyeon Noona!!” Taemin whined. “What are you talking about? Crush? Seriously, just a few words of compliment and you quickly jumped to conclusion that I have a crush on her? Great, nice try, Noona.” He stood up and gave Taeyeon a fake glare. “And you, do you know how to respect the other’s privacy? This is only my territory.”

“You naughty boy, change the topic this fast huh?” Taeyeon said. She crossed her arms. “Well, as if I want to come into you creepy space here. I’m here because Auntie is coming by. She’s looking for you outside.”

 

 

Taemin carefully carried his Camera and left his private room. A smile plastered on his face when he saw his Mom. Lee Nayoung upon had her eyes on her youngest son, she emitted a deep sigh.

“Did you run away from college again? Just please concentrate on your studying better than this photography thingy, son.” Nayoung nagged. She looked at Taeyeon. “Taeyeon, my last word, this is definitely for the last time okay.” She then looked back at now gloomy Taemin. “And of course, this will be also your last assignment either, Taemin. I won’t let you come here anymore after this last client you serve. You have to only centralize on finishing your degree and then help your Appa.”

Taemin went to his Mom and hugged her shoulder. “Umma! You know that I’m not even one bit interested in business factor. I only have my heart on art. But I promise, I’ll finish my degree for sure. So don’t be that harsh to your son. In my hand holding pen instead of camera is like I carry an oxygen tank around rather than breathing. And btw if you fire me, your business is definitely in danger. For 1 year I have earned you quit much of the profit. Can you imagine how will your boutique run smoothly without a professional worker like me?”

“Your convincement doesn’t work on me.” Nayoung said. She smirked and pinched her son’s cheek. “There are so many specialized photographers with soaking experiences out there. Do you think I cannot find one to replace you?”

“Umma…. I ditched my dream to take business degree instead of photojournalism, and that’s not still enough for you!” Taemin whined displeasingly. “Btw it’s not like the company will go down without me. Your oldest son is standing there firmly to have the company utilize him anytime soon, so having me or not to help Appa, nothing will change because I clearly know myself that I’m not helpful at all or more accurate is, I’m not inherit your both entrepreneur genre. It is your oldest son. Hyung is the one who gets it.”

“Aigoo!!!” Nayoung sighed deeply. She slumped down on the sofa. “Neither one of my sons is useful. Talking about your Hyung you know what, he is now in Seoul.”

“What? When did he come back? Isn’t his schedule to be back from UK in next month?” Taemin exclaimed but happiness could perfectly trace all over his face. He then fished out for his phone. “I’ll call him.”

“No don’t, Taemin. He won’t pick up anyways.” Nayoung held Taemin’s hand to stop. “He almost gave me a heart attack because of his call this morning said that he had a safe flight and just landed from the plane earlier. And do you know what he told me next?” She asked and Taemin shook his head blankly. “I don’t even know what is gotten into him, out of blue he asked me to let him have freedom for a while. He wants to enjoy life first after graduation and then he’ll be coming to help your Appa in the company. Seriously! This son.”

Taemin gulped uneasily. ‘Geez! That’s so true, what the hell is wrong with you, Hyung? And what will happen to me then?’

 


 

“Just drive me to Vic unnie’s shop.” Sulli said aggressively.

After leaving the bridal boutique until the moment Sulli talked earlier, none of them was willing to converse. They knew each other so well, if a single word were out, another war will definitely erupt again. Both of them still pissed off because of their Mothers arranged them secretly to have that stupid photo-shoot and they couldn’t do anything aside from following the elders after received an earful of their horrible scold over the phone. Minho sighed in annoyance because of Sulli’s commanded remark. He forced himself to tolerant without throwing word back and quietly drove to the place.

When the car stopped, Sulli went out immediately but then she saw Minho also alighted from his car. “Where are you going?”

“Inside.” Minho shortly replied. He then made his way casually and passed Sulli.

“Yah!!” Sulli yelled and pushed Minho when he was about to open the door. “You have nothing to do in here. Go home!”

“I don’t want to.” Minho argued. He looked at Sulli. “Look, not because of you I want to be here but don’t you think it’s rude to leave without greeting. What will Noona think of me then?”

“Unnie won’t mind. Many times you dropped me off and then vanished in instance. Why this time you can’t just disappear like before?” Sulli said. She pushed Minho to his car. “I said just go.”

“Hey! You two.” Victoria’s voice appeared. She smiled delightfully. “You are also here Minho! Yes, just in exact time I need a help.”

Minho then looked at Sulli and shrugged in the meaning that it wasn’t him who doesn’t want to leave but he couldn’t because Victoria just asked him for a help. Sulli sighed in defeat with a glare before stomping into the shop.

Minho stood still after he wore the gloves while staring at a few bags of fertilized soil were lying on the ground plus some of pot containers were all waiting for someone to carry them.

“Why? Is it too much for you to handle by yourself?” Victoria asked uncertainly. “I’m sorry Minho. I couldn’t find someone else to help me but then you came so I……. Well, it’s actually okay if you can’t---”

“No Noona. I can do it.” Minho cut her and then he pointed down to the pots. “Can I carry them first?”

“Oh yes sure. Let put them in the storage room. Thank you so much, Minho.”

Minho entered the shop while carrying the heavy pots but he found that Sulli isn’t around inside. He then ignored and made his way to the storage room. When Minho opened the door and was about step in, he then heard someone speaking. It was Sulli. He frowned, knowing that the shop was having no one else aside from him and Victoria who was still outside. Then who was she talking to?

“Just yesterday you were healthy.” Sulli said. She sighed. “Sorry Orchid, you’re still a baby and I know that you can’t form buds well in too much sunlight. Anyways don’t worry I’ll try my best to help you back to be stunning.”

Minho rolled his eyes realizing that Sulli was talking to the plant. This wasn’t the first time he catch this side of Sulli. Minho knew, since long she has this kind of habits but it made him annoyed sometime to accept that his soon to be wife is kinda having a mental problem.

“Baby! I become neglected all of you because of some problem and now another one is added on. What do I do? I’m almost going insane now just because of the wedding and what the heck when tomorrow there will be having that stupid photo-shoot.” Sulli complained to her plant while doing her work. “I hate Umma Appa. I hate Choi Minho. I hate Eomo---” Sulli stopped herself and sighed deeply while pouting. “I don’t hate Eomonie, I just don’t like her idea. Really Orchid, I don’t hate my future parent in law at all. It’s just that I … I …. Aish! I don’t know.”

Minho unconsciously smiled. Sulli in somewhere, she can be this cute. And it wasn’t the first time he saw that. Minho thought if she can show this side to him and he learns to smile more to her, maybe something new is born between them.

Soon enough his smile was vanished when he felt his arms almost broke away because of heavy weight. Minho decided to kick the door widely to find his way inside, part of it he wanted Sulli to notice his presence and she did but not startled.

“Yah, where can I put these?” Minho asked Sulli. Sulli didn’t say anything and pointed to one of the corner in the room. After put them down, Minho turned around to look at Sulli and found she has all her attention back on caring the plant with all smile. “People will find you crazy, talking and smiling by yourself like that. Those plants are just little living thing but not human. Seriously!”

“If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.” Sulli replied without sparing him a look. “This called ‘communicate with plants’ to help them nurturing. Some plants enthusiasts think that showering seedlings with sunlight, water and healthy soil isn't enough. Talking is helping them to grow faster and improve its health. And actually we’re beneficial to one another, like they’re such a great companion for me to talk to with no complain every time I feel----”

“Feel what?” Minho urged Sulli to continue when she suddenly stopped talking. A slightest interest penetrated him.

Sulli stood up and carrying her Orchid carefully in her hands. She faced Minho. “And why I bother telling you anyways? Btw when you are done helping unnie, just go home. I’ll ask unnie to drive me later.” Sulli said, her eyes then rolled down to Minho’s shirt which had some dirt on. She clicked her tongue. “Go out, I’ll take you a spray to remove that dirt. Eh no, let’s get your work done first before using it.”

“Yes I know, do you think I’m an idiot like you?” Minho said. Sulli gave him a not so popular glare as he got used to it already. Minho then walked pass Sulli, slightly brushed her shoulder, instantly Sulli mumbled incoherent word. And it made Minho unconsciously smile again.

 


 

The day of photo-shoot

Taemin took a glance over the groom who was sitting down on one of the sofa. He handsomely dressed in a dashing tuxedo but his expression was like a timing bomb about to explode anytime soon. Minho really looked so pissed. Taemin chuckled and shook his head, his attention went back on his Camera in his hand. “Seems like it will be the highlight of my day.” Taemin murmured. He looked at the closed door where the bride was inside, preparing herself to pose for him to do the shots in a few minutes. “I can enjoy capturing candid moments, and the individual portraits but I’m wondering should I cry or what when this couple is put together and doing those cheesy moments for me to shoot? Well, the problem is, are they going to be willing pose that for me?”

Taemin’s smile turned widely and starstruck when Sulli finally out. ‘Wow! She’s breathtakingly beautiful. Stay focus, Taemin, you need to stay focus.’

Sulli was kinda startled to see a bouquet popped up before her eyes. She looked at the owner who gave it, she smiled. “Thank you, Mr. Photographer. I need to hold this, do I?” Sulli asked and Taemin replied ‘yes’ to her. She then took a glance at Minho and found he was also looking at her. “Did you already capture his portrait?”

“Yes, he already did his great job. So now it’s your turn, Ms. Beautiful bride. And then we will proceed to the couple shooting.” Taemin replied gentlemanly. He smiled, noticed Sulli sighed. “Shall we start now?” Taemin asked and Sulli nodded, smiling, a lazy one he supposed.

Minho saw Boyoung walked toward him after department with Sulli and Dahae to the studio shooting. He suddenly stood up.

“Where are you going? C’mon, let’s go to watch your bride.” Boyoung said and grabbed Minho’s hand but he released it.

“I don’t want to Umma. It’s too hot here. I’ll be going outside to wait. Just call me when that annoying time is coming.” Minho said and in instance he earned a hard slap on his . He took a deep breath. “Umma, look at your daughter-in-law’s face, do you think she’d appreciate your son’s presence in there? Seriously if I’m in there won’t help anything but to piss her more. So let’s give each other a space for now. She definitely doesn’t thank me but I bet she desperately needs it rather than my existence.”

 

 

Sulli smiled beautifully and bowed to the team of artisans there. Finally her portrait shooting was done after taking for a while. Taemin looked into the computer monitor and smiled satisfactorily. Minho and Sulli individually had done well so far without too much anxiety, though they were quite shy especially Sulli but they were willing to follow his instruction. The soon to be newlywed seemed like to put their mind at ease now with every stunning photographs he got here and it made Taemin glad. It actually helped a lot by presenting them to do individual portraits first, at least they had entrusted him now, and it made Taemin think that it’d be easy for him to deal with this couple later in the next stage of shooting.

Or it was just his thought?

And now the couple in most exquisite and hairdos that totally compliment their glamorous outfits were standing in front of Taemin and his Camera. Although the stage and elegant atmosphere of indoor studio lend the extra wow factors to their figure, but the picture of two persons totally were vice versa. Taemin kept sighing at the poses the both of them gave him and the shots which he got, completely didn’t reach his satisfaction at all. Yet the intimacy hadn’t started, it was just a simple staring, holding hands, slightly touching here and there, but they couldn’t give out all their best for him. Taemin shook his head, instead of what he suggested for, he only frequently caught them had a minor argument and that annoying exchanged glares.

“The next scene I’d like you to have more intimacy.” Taemin said to Minho and Sulli. He could perfectly hear their groaning. “Pre-wedding shoot isn’t just about the romantic images but it proved to be so valuable of the memorable moment. Seriously, the photographs I got here are totally disappointed.”

“I hate having my picture taken.” Minho said.

“And I’m not very photogenic.” Sulli added. She glanced at the two mothers who were enjoyably chatting before continued. “Well like you know we are not like those gorgeous couples who were ecstatically excited here. Just don’t be too serious and let’s end---”

“No. To whomever I don’t care but when it comes to me, I’m professionally serious and you are under my responsibility to give you all my best. I am a photographer who feels like I owe it to my couples.” Taemin said firmly. He switched the look back and forth to Minho and Sulli. “Well, just for once trying your best to work it out and end it fast. You want that, right?”

“Like you see, we already trying but this are all we can give off.” Minho said, trying to sound polite.

Taemin sighed. “I heard from your mothers told me that the two of you have been engaged since birth and you even are a neighbor. Therefore it doubts me.” Taemin paused for a second. “Do you really have no feeling for each other…. even a string of hairs?”

“NO.” MinSul answered immediately.

“Any special memories, like beautiful moments together?” Taemin continued.

“NO.” There they were again in chorus.

“And so you even have no interest to work thing out?”

“It’s still a NO NO.”

“How about romantic moment, I mean the unexpected one. For example like a ‘KISS’” Taemin said and this time he found himself grinned, it turned wider and wider when each second was running forward but he still received no answer from one of them.

Minho and Sulli upon hearing Taemin’s sentence, they instantly turned to look at each other. Something not so right anymore within themselves when one moment registered in their minds because of the magical word ‘KISS’. The past two years ago, something was indeed happened. They couldn’t tell if it’s romantic or not but one thing was sure, that definitely wasn’t unexpected. The thing is, the both of them were willing to share it, one moment so called ‘The first kiss.’

 

 

To be continued…….


I know everyone is waiting for the wedding especially MinSul’s married life, well … more like the sweet moment I suppose. Soon I promise it’ll be soon. But for the next I would like to flashback of their first kiss for you. Btw have you noticed I portrayed a bit about another character, more like a third wheel? I think you can already guess who he is now.

Thank you so much my readers and not forget to sorry for the errors and mistakes. And really really sorry again that I now cannot even reply your comments, sorry dearest!

Till the next update.

Love you all…….