Chapter 7

Will Love Conquer Hate?

Taemin sighed deeply while staring at Minho and Sulli’s pre-wedding photos but it was more apparently on Sulli. The photo set of intimate gesture the both of them posted for him including hugging, having arms around each other, closing faces and some of major touching but the only problem was their expressions. It was more even worst after he said that. Taemin rubbed his neck and fell his back on the chair. “I shouldn’t bring that ‘kiss’ thing up. Something was indeed happened between them unpleasantly in the past. Aigoo!! Stupid Taemin! Why the heck you were so nosy to their personal story?”

Taemin’s cellphone suddenly rang, he answered lazily without looking at the caller. “Hello? Taemin is speaking.” As soon as another line gave voice, Taemin sat steadily. “HYUNG! Oh thanks god! Finally, you remember my phone number!”

 


 

Daehae came out from her car and carrying many of plastic bags which containing with groceries. She sighed, looking at the apartment building in front of her eyes while walking inside.

“I should better ask for Boyoung unnie’s help. It’s so heavy and I’m here alone to---Omo omo…!!” As she hadn’t finished her mumble yet, a plastic bag was ripped, all the oranges rolling down on the ground. She was about to put things down and picked them, she was stopped all of sudden when there was a guy come, he quickly picked them up for her and put them into a new plastic bag of his, which he needed to take all his books out and placed with her oranges. “Aigoo! Thank you young man but you don’t need to do this.” Dahae said thankfully.

“It’s okay. Just a few books, I can hold them. Are you going up, Madam?” The guy asked with a gentle smile, he looked at the heavy stuffs in Dahae’s hands. “I suppose you might need a help.” He extended his hand out, asking to take more bags from Dahae’s hands, initially his help.

“If it isn’t much a bother to you, young man, I indeed need one.” Dahae said.

“Of course, it’s not, Madam.” The guys replied in smiling. They walked to the elevator. “Which floor are you going up?”

“It’s 9th.” Dahae answered and pressed the button.

“Oh! We are the neighbor then. My unit is also on the 9th floor.” The guys said, friendly. “I just moved in here a few days ago but I’ve never seen you, Madam. I guess you’re also new.”

“I’m neither living here nor just moved in, dear. It’s actually my children’s place, we parents give them as a gift for their marriage.” Dahae answered, returned back the same smile to the boy as he nodded his head. She added. “They are going to get married the day after tomorrow and I’m here to prepare things for them before they move in. Just make sure it’s well prepared for the kids. And right, stop calling me Madam, just simply Auntie. I suppose you’re also around my daughter’s and son-in-law’s ages.”

“Ah yeah Auntie.” The guys obliged. He chuckled all of sudden. “You’re such a heartwarming Mother, Auntie. I suddenly want to have a sweet mother-in-law like you. Sadly now even an approachable girl is still beyond my sight. How am I supposed to wish that far for a big heart mother in law? So hence I have to hunt for a girlfriend first. But I’m wondering if you still have another available daughter, Anutie. Would you love to have me as your next son-in-law?” The guy jokingly said which made Dahae shook with laughter and amazed with the way this boy was this brave to joke such thing with the person whom he just met minutes ago yet he knew how to be this gently sweet by giving her a compliment line.

“Aww I’d really love dear but I only have one daughter who is going to settle down this coming weekend. It’s indeed my lost to not gain another sweet yet kind-hearted son-in-law like you dear. Otteoke?!” Dahae said, pretended to be in dismay. She then smiled teasingly. “But if you don’t mind, Auntie can find you a nice girl. Do you want me to introduce you someone, young man?”

“Should I? That’d be great.” The guy replied and both fell into laughter together.

Though it seemed like serious conversation but they knew that this was just joking. The elevator door slid opened. Both went out and walked toward the newlywed’s place. Dahae unlocked the door and he followed her inside. He put all the plastic bags on the counter and smiled kindly when Dahae started to place things into the fridge.

“Do you need help, Auntie?” He asked.

“What a considerate young boy here. It’s okay dear I can do it by myself. I bothered you enough.” Dahae said and smiled. “You can go back. I’m very thankful for the help. Very nice to meet you.”

“Neh! You’re welcome, Auntie. And if you said so, I excuse myself to leave now. Btw you can call my help anytime if you want to. I’m just living in the next door. Anytime my service is free on charge.” He replied. Again Dahae fell into laughter with his dry humor. He then politely bowed to bid a good bye and was about to leave but then

“Oh wait dear!” Dahae stopped him and he quickly turned around back. “Such a forgetful Auntie. Well! Can I ask for your name? In case if we stumble to each other again next time. And yes Auntie will reciprocate your kindness for a nice meal here with my children.”

He smiled broadly and shook his head in gesture of appreciation, didn’t want to give her a bother. “This was nothing Auntie. Don’t be inconvenient. And btw my name is Lee Jinki.”

“Ah Jinki! Aigoo! Handsome in both appearance and name. Let’s do visit them frequently if you are free. I know my kids would love to have a nice friend as a neighbor like you.” Dahae said.

Jinki smiled sheepishly and responded ‘yes’ to her before he finally gave a proper good bye and left. He closed the door behind and chuckled. “It’s like to be their third wheel. Well, though I might be lonely but I don’t think it is a good idea to do that frequent visits, Auntie.” He walked to his door with smile never left his lips.

“Auntie is so nice and beautiful. No doubt, her daughter definitely looks like a goddess. I think the guy must be so lucky one.” With just this thought, he appeared a desire to see this mate or the soon to be his neighbor but mostly it was the bride who he had feeling wanting to meet because apparently Dahae’s feature was resembled to someone he had known. Jinki shook his head. “What am I thinking? Seriously Lee Jinki!” He mumbled to himself and when he was about to enter his unit, he heard someone called him. Jinki turned his head to the source of voice where it was come from, he smiled. “Here comes my baby brother, Taminnie!”

 


 

On the wedding day

After all the guests were seated, their wedding ceremony was started. The procession was accompanied by music as the beautiful bride Choi Sulli was accompanied by her father. Her hand clutched tightly on the bouquet and another one held rigidly in the crook of his arm. Dongwook perfectly sensed his daughter was disturbed. He smiled to Sulli and tapped her hand in assurance while mumbling many sweet fatherly words. Sulli returned back her smile, but deep down inside she knew herself that it was totally contrasting.

Sulli didn’t nervous to walk down the aisle in front of many people and had to speak, she wasn’t terrified to be center of attention but something wasn’t really right within her. Sulli was confused, there were hatred yet she also found a tiny excitement. What was this supposed to mean? The last time she checked, she really hate this day. Sulli took a deep breath and at the same time the attendants opened the doors and everyone was starting to look at her. She put a smile on her face and walked in slowly with Dongwook beside her, followed by the wedding music on the background.

To Minho who was standing at the end of the aisle also forced to draw a smile on his lips but he couldn’t deny that it wasn’t all faked because something pushed him to show it willingly. One inner part of him, he also disliked this day to finally come but it definitely wasn’t entire though, he knew that. Minho had his eyes glue on Sulli in shining white wedding dress, step by step she walked gracefully to approach him along with his father-in-law.

Just in a meter away Minho and Sulli suddenly engaged the eyes contact. Both immediately wiped out their smile and at the same time conveyed their eyes to look elsewhere in instance. They both thought exactly the same. ‘Just anywhere but not on this person.’

Dongwook took Sulli’s hand to place in Minho’s palm. He gave Minho a pat on the back before leaving to find his seat. Both awkwardly looked at each other and again they quickly broke the staring. They walked to face the minister and he started the declaration to confirm that the bride and groom are willingly entering into a marriage covenant. The couple responded with "I do" but absolutely this was a hardest word they ever said in their entire lives. The next stage they exchanged rings, Minho threw a quick glance at Sulli before he took her hand to slide the ring into her finger as Sulli did the same after him. They exhaled a silent yet annoying breath to their matching rings which features two entwined hearts, symbolizing unity and undying love. That was what Boyoung telling them. ‘Unity & Undying Love’, what’s a nice job of this mother.

Both emitted a deep sigh when the minister finally declared that they now were married as a husband and wife. Though it was weird to hear but it also meant that the ceremony was almost coming to an end but what was coming next is actually a ‘thing’ they totally forgot about. This was the time when the bride and groom kiss for the first time as a married couple, sealing their wedding vow with a kiss.

GREAT!! This ‘KISS’ word again! Minho and Sulli exchanged the shocking glance.

“Can we skip it?” Both simultaneously asked the minister before them as if they were too innocent to this kind of thing.

The audiences laughed and minister shook his head. “This is traditional. It’s one of an important part where this wedding is taken place during the pronouncement to show that the wedding is spiritually and legally binding.”

Minho glanced at uneasy Sulli before he looked back to the minister. “Forehead, cheek and….l-lips, can I choose between them?”

Minister smiled. “It’s not me who is decided. Let’s ask your bride, where she’d love for you to seal your promised kiss.”

“Let’s end it fast. Forehead and cheek, they are your choice.” Sulli immediately said with nervous look as soon as Minho landed his eyes on her.

“Fine! On the cheek then.” Minho replied. He gulped and slowly leaned forward to Sulli’s face.

While the distance was getting shorter and shorter, suddenly the moment of that night flashed back to their minds, the kiss on the lips where the both of them were willing to share and so enjoyed of it. In just a second Minho’s gaze wasn’t on Sulli’s cheek anymore, instead it was on her lips, the urge to plant a kiss there was emerged out of blue.

Sulli saw something wrong in Minho’s eyes and before she could read it, there was already no distance between them. To Sulli surprise, his lips landed on hers. She widened her eyes and staring at the closing Minho’s. She even couldn’t react for it on time when she felt Minho pressed more weight on their locking lips and slightly nibbled it. The kiss that was supposed to receive on the cheek, Sulli surprisingly got it on her lips. In this very moment not just the memory returned but it also brought back the feeling of that night. And again they felt a vibe of butterflies.

Completely no attempt for their second kiss came close but now it happened again after 2 years since their first. They couldn’t lie that it still felt so right even if they were dumbfounded and so embarrassing how it could happen again on their wedding day and great, when it was like a show in front of many people’s eyes.

 

 

 

One hand to hold her long gown up and another one she clung on Minho’s arm as the husband gentlemanly walked slowly to help his wife following his pace easily to the car park. Their wedding reception just ended completely a few minutes ago and the whole night they had done nothing but walked and walked to greet and thanks all the guests who were coming to the party which held after their completion of a marriage ceremony. They could perfectly count their words of speech of tonight but absolutely not how many steps they had walked back and forth so far. And up to this point Minho could understand Sulli who was now limping just because she was in heels all day.

Sulli opened the car door to sit down and put her legs outside. She took off her stilettos. “Aish! That’s why I really hate high heels. Aigoo! My poor arching feet.” Sulli cried and looked at her bare feet that were now so red.

“And if you hate it, why the heck wearing that thing?” Minho said as he gave Sulli a pair of his sport shoes, taking from the backseat.

“Stupid! You aren’t supposed me to wear slipper or this kind of sneaker are you?” Sulli said in disbelieved look. She then took the shoes from his hand and started to put it on.

“Of course! Why not? It’s not like it could be shown, right. It perfectly covered by that long gown of yours.” Minho said, sounded annoyed.

Sulli just stared at Minho. “Then I might as well say that you don’t need to wear any underwear too since this long pants of yours already enclosed and hanging around your torso perfectly.” Sulli dared back to her husband.

“Are you crazy to even think that?” Minho was alarmed. “Don’t wear anything inside!! That’s the stupid thing ever.”

“And so what are you? I’m not feat to walk in gown has a full skirt that touches the floor like this. Hello husband! We had been stuck together like a super gum. Didn’t you see that the whole day I can only walk properly when I holding up that annoying long skirt. And so are you crazy to suppose me wearing any kind of shoes instead of heels in the wedding? That’s also the stupid thing I ever heard, even if it was just a thought.” Sulli spat back as she already wore Minho’s shoes comfortably. Gave him one last glare while gathering her gown in her hand, she brought her legs inside the car and shut the door harshly.

Minho rolled his eyes and heaved usual annoying sigh before went to his driver seat and set off to their newlywed house.

 


 

Jinki walked out from escalator and directed to his unit. He sighed, remembered he just got an earful from his parents while having a family dinner earlier. “You brat Taemin, how could you trap your own brother to be with them alone while you seemed having fun at somewhere? Work? I doubt you perform professionally, considering Taeyeon Noona said that you likely have a small crush on the bride.” Jinki muttered by himself and chuckled. “This boy seems to grow up now.”

When he was about to enter his unit, something stopped him. He withdrew a step back and threw his sight to the closed door alongside. “Well yes, almost forgot today I’m going to have new neighbor of a mate. I’m wondering if I will be able to sleep later. Newlywed tends to have lots of thing to share tonight.” Jinki smiled foolishly to himself. Out of nowhere he hit the wall and later placed his right ear on it as if to test on something. “Umm!! Not field in engineering but I think I can trust you, wall. You are soundproof, aren’t you?” Jinki said with light laughter. One last glance to that door he finally decided to go in.

As when Jinki shut his door, the elevator slid opened and newlywed came out. Minho walked first as Sulli followed him behind, she still had a hard time to walk properly plus she was also very tired now and instantly it caused her collides with Minho’s back.

“Aish! Why the heck you suddenly stopped?” Sulli scolded.

“And can’t you open your eyes to see that we are already here?” Minho annoyingly replied and at the same time he unlocked the door.

Both of them totally had no idea of what was awaiting them inside as this was actually their first time to be finally here. As soon as the door was wide opened both roaming their eyes around the interiority of their so called new place to begin lives together in one year. Minho smiled in relaxation that finally they could be home to rest. He walked casually in and changed to wear slipper as Sulli was glued on the spot where she was standing with eyes widened and mouth slightly opened.

Minho tossed his white suit on the sofa and made his way to bed, he threw his exhausted body on it. “Ah it feels so good. Why I feel like it’s totally years to sleep on the bed again?”

“W-What is this?” Sulli stuttered, still standing at the front door.

Minho flipped his body over to look at Sulli. He rolled his eyes. “Can you please close the door already, wife?”

“We don’t have time about that.” Sulli said and stomped toward Minho who was lying on the bed. She pointed her index finger to bed. “Why is it here? And where is the bedroom?”

Minho looked around and found another door at their left side. “I think it might be there.” He said uncertainly as Sulli quickly rushed toward it. Minho started to feel like Sulli was feeling now, so uneasy. How came the elegant leather king bed is here instead of in a bedroom. The bed was indeed exposed in the living room.

Was that door he saw earlier really considering as the bedroom? Minho doubted it. He didn’t think so. The place they were in now, it wasn’t like a house at all, more likely a studio apartment and not surprise if it doesn’t have a bedroom. And before he could say anything, he heard Sulli screamed in frustration.

“It is semi hidden walk-in closet and the bathroom here.” Sulli said irritatingly. She stomped back to Minho who was now sat up straightly on the bed.  “THERE IS NO BEDROOM IN HERE. IS THIS EVEN CONSIDERING A PLACE TO LIVE?”

Minho covered his ears. “Shut up!! It’s already late at night. Use your brain to think about neighbors’ privacy.” He then went to close the front door. “Let’s settle this tomorrow, ok?! I’m sure that we are very tired now. Our wedding was definitely taking a toll on us. And btw even if you stubbornly want to argue about this matter tonight or tomorrow I still don’t think it will work either since you know our parents’ intention. We better bear with it for the mean time, it’s just one year.”

“NO NO NO!!!!” Sulli said furiously. “I’m almost gone insane enough to share the same roof with you and now even a bed. It’s definitely a BIG NO.”

Minho chuckled scornfully and said. “You’re not alone to feel that but what can I do? Anyways that’s still your problem. I think I’m fine with it even if I hate it at the same time.” Minho walked passed Sulli to the walk-in closet but then he turned around to look at his furious wife. “And right, don’t dream that I’ll scarifice the bed to you either imagine kicking me out of the bed to sleep on the floor or the sofa, because it’s a BIG NO. I won’t sleep anywhere but on that BED.” Minho emphasized the word while pointing at it. He then opened the closet to take his pajama out. “I’m taking a bath now, so think about it where you choose to sleep for tonight and might as well consider it’ll become your temporary place for another 364 nights.”

“You always kissed me first.” Sulli said suddenly as when Minho was about to go in the bathroom but he had to stop when Sulli out of blue dropped this bomb. Sulli continued. “What if when I’m sleeping you suddenly---“

“YAH!!!” Minho spun around and yelled at Sulli. Why all of sudden his lips went dry and slightly tremble to even speak? “I-I told you that it was the accident. I just got carried away that time. I-I meant both. And are you crazy to even think that I’m going to touch you? I’d choose to jump off the cliff rather than doing ‘that thing’ with you. To be honest none of inches about you catch my eyes.” Minho said as Sulli remained giving him a dagger glare and before she could have chance to talk back, he immediately dismissed her and proceeded to the bathroom.

Minho shut the door and leaned his back on it.

'Great job, Appa, Umma!! Are you going to do this to your son for real? It’s indeed a torture to corner us like this. This is going to be very tough to share a same roof in this kind of house with her.'

 

 

To be continued…….


 

 

Charming-Studio-Apartment-Plan-And-Desig

cr:to the owner

This is interiority of MinSul's​ house. Imagine it's spacious, modern and fancy :D

Thank you so much my dear readers....

Till the next update :)