Chapter 17

Will Love Conquer Hate?

Sulli woke up and found out she was sleeping alone on the bed with blanket covered her. She looked around to find Minho but only to see the clock on the nightstand which showing that it was 7:30 evening.

Sulli remembered the last time she was with Minho when he also was here too, he cuddled her in his arms and she ended up crying for some reasons.

She must be fallen asleep with Minho soothing her.

Sulli heaved a deep sighed.

"It's crazy how you ended up crying in front of him. You must looked so pathetic, Sulli."

 

Sulli went out of the room and to her surprise she found Minho in the kitchen. He was busy preparing dinner.

Sulli drew out a smile while watching him. He looked so attentive and it was new of him. When did he become that pleasant being in the kitchen?

Came to this thought, Sulli remembered his word earlier.

"Sorry, I'm sorry Sulli. Believe me, I'll make everything up for you. I absolutely will."

She wasn't certain whether Minho was serious about it.

Make up for her? How?

Because however she could feel that Minho still thought of her at fault. Even he didn't say it out loud but it was the instinct told her so.

Maybe he was serious by wanting to give them a chance and that's why he forced himself to bury all the past for the sake of their future.

Minho wanted to move on from that but how will it be possible?

Suzy probably returned now and added on it, much or less she knew he still blamed her.

 

"Are you awake?" Minho asked, instantly jolted Sulli back from her reverie.

He approached her.

"Oh just a while ago." Sulli replied but startled when Minho suddenly placed his both hands on her cheeks.

Minho smiled. "It's good it had been subsided down now. Earlier before you fell asleep, it seemed you have a slight fever."

"Really?! I think I'm fine." Sulli said. She took Minho's hands off her and looked over his shoulder. "So what are you doing? Cooking dinner?"

Minho laughed a bit when he saw Sulli had that unconvinced look on her lovely face. "You of course knew me well that I'm not really getting along with these things. So what make you think I'm cooking?"

"Surely not what I'm thinking, I just asked base on what I see." Sulli said as she looked at the kitchen and then a glance on the dining table with various foods were displayed readily. She returned her unbelievable stare on Minho and later chuckled. "Don't tell me they are all convenience foods?!"

Minho pinched Sulli's cheek.

Wow! When did become so touchy?

"That's why I said you knew me well, wife." Minho said. He held her hand and made way to sit down on the dining table, across each other. "Frozen prepared meals are the best. They need only to be heated before serving. It's so easy. Maybe I can make them for you whenever you want and so you can also take some rest."

Sulli hissed. "No thanks. They are unhealthy foods. How do you suppose us to eat them for living?" She then scanned table. "Just wow! I've never known that there are many various type of instant foods."

"So now you know and then you should thank to me." Minho said. "Let's eat before it colds down."

Sulli had to laugh. "Oh please, don't sound as if you put so much efforts to cook them."

Minho laughed too. "When did I?! I just don't want to head them all over again. You see, we have wasted a half of the day here already without going out."

"Yes right!" Sulli said, sighing. "Then you should have woken me up earlier."

"It's because I didn't have heart to do that. It was good to see you fell asleep peacefully like that. I know, these days you barely get a good sleep. It seemed you’ve been bothered by something." Minho said and his hand bravely went to hold Sulli's which was holding her spoon. "From now on let's do it Sulli. Come to me whenever you need someone to talk to in order to relieve whatever that is bothering you. I'm your husband but if it makes you feel uncomfortable, just treat me as a friend when you need one."

Sulli studied Minho's face. She didn't really understand what was running in this man's thought. He was totally like a new person whom she had never known before.

Sulli was confused of her own heart as well with what she had felt toward Minho.

Just earlier, she doubted his sincerity but now it seemed like she all believed in him.

Yes, she was touched. But just a mere of his sweet word, how did she suddenly put this trust in him just like that?

She wasn't ready to let down her guard and let Minho to see her vulnerable side. Things between them ever since the beginning never align right although only just recently they became closed up but still she didn't feel like to open up to him not just yet. It's too soon to do so.

But then Sulli realized something else, she just let Minho saw her vulnerability. She cried in his chest for only god knew that Minho just touched her broken part when he was the ones who broke it. Momentarily that time, she was hurt but she felt like wanting to give herself over to him and now she felt it again even if she still isn't sure, what are the reasons to make her wanted to trust Minho?

Sulli sighed.

There is saying 'Trust has been compromised at some point because it's a crucial ingredient in relationship. But the decision, you must make knowing that there aren't any guarantees.'

 

 

Sulli was startled when out of nowhere there was a big jacket placing over her shoulders to keep her warm.

She immediately turned her head and found Minho. Even in the dark, she could see his small handsome face although he was being grumpy right now.

"I was worried when I didn't find you in the house." Minho said in slightest angry tone. "It's so cold. What are you doing out here?"

Sulli looked straight toward the dark ocean, only to hear the sound of waves crashing on the beach. She used this soothing sound of the sea and waves crashing to wash her disturbance away.

"I'm not used to it." Sulli said. "The way you treat me nicely like this. It feels weird yet....I like it."

Minho smiled. He leisurely hugged her from behind. "Then let's start make it familiarized to us. Me too, not really used to it but I'm actually trying to make this move on you, not just only because I feel like but I also want it too."

Sulli suddenly cringed in his arms, Minho automatically tightened his hug to keep her warm.

"Are you cold?" Minho asked worriedly.

Sulli laughed. "Nope, I suddenly feel goosebumps because you are just too cheesy."

Minho chuckled. "Am I? So was it that bad?!"

"Yes, so bad." Sulli responded teasingly. "I've never thought you are being like this toward me and it somehow scares me out to be honest."

"Really?!" Minho said. He turned Sulli around to face him. "Then let me asking you something."

"What is it?" Sulli asked.

"Lee Jinki." Minho stated with a pissed off expression. "Is he sweet toward you? I mean in a boy-girl relationship. More than that, have you ever received a love confession from him?"

Sulli rolled her eyes and then she laughed. She crossed her arms. "Umm.... one thousand times sweeter than you and of course it's countless times he confessed to me."

"What?" Minho exclaimed. “You are not lying to me right?”

Sulli started to walk away.

"Yah where are you going? I'm not done with you yet." Minho yelled but Sulli just gave him a merong.

Minho kicked the sand.

"Wait! How dare Lee Jinki has done that when he knew Sulli is already committed with me?" Minho talked to himself. He was irritated all of sudden. He looked over to Sulli and saw her about to enter the house. "Aish! That girl. Yah! What did you respond him?" Minho had to run in order to catch up with her. "Did you say 'yes'?"

"I did and was very happy back then." Sulli said. "We even went out for a several times before. They were such great dates."

"Went out?!?! For several times?!?! And great dates????!!!!" Minho exclaimed irritatingly. But then he saw Sulli suppressed her laughter. He narrowed his eyes. "What is that? You are not lying to me, are you?"

Sulli shook her head. She bit her lip to control her laughter.

"Are you, Choi Sulli?" Minho asked again as he slowly approached her.

Sulli burst out her laughter. "Omg! You don't see your face, husband. It's so funny to see you wear that pissed off expression."

Minho also laughed. "So you have fun in teasing me huh?"

Sulli nodded and wiped her tears out of the corner of her eyes because of too much laughing. "I learn that from you. I see, it creates so much fun and that's why you love teasing me that much huh?"

Minho smirked and suddenly he pulled Sulli into a hug.

Again, he surprised her with such sweet gesture again.

And she couldn't help but her heart was beating erratically, enjoyed every movement of Minho was being unexpectedly sweet toward her.

"I just realized that how much I like to see you being this happy." Minho said. "And I'm very glad for that I am the reason to make you happy."

Sulli returned the hug and smiled. "Then have you realized that you are being so touchy since we are here?"

"It's my intention, how could I don't know what is my move?" Minho cockily replied. He pulled out the hug and leaned his face towards her. His hand held her face. "I just want to make sure we will sure get accustomed to our skinship." He gave a quick glance to her lips and then smirked, looking into Sulli's eyes. "And I don't even mind if you also want me to do something more intimate with that lips."

Sulli blushed and glanced away. "So now you are likely asking me for... well something like that when all the time you never ask my permission at all."

"You sound as if you didn't enjoy it." Minho teased Sulli.

Sulli pulled herself away from him and stepped back. She stuck her tongue out to Minho and hissed. "I won't fall for your teasing mode again Choi."

Minho laughed. "You're blushing Choi and still want to deny you're not flustered to my teasing mode?"

Sulli rolled her eyes. She turned and waved her hand. "Ok! Call it a day already. I'm sleepy. Good night husband."

"What?!" Minho chuckled as he watched Sulli skipped to their bedroom. "She's good in avoiding this kind of moment huh! She isn't drunk right?"

 

Minho smiled by himself alone before following Sulli inside. He opened the door and shut it back behind his back but not before a playful voice came from him.

"Hey wife, a good night kiss sound nice. What do you think?"

 


 

Sulli drank her morning coffee, she then bit the toast while her eyes scanned around the house to find Minho.

Just this morning when she woke up, Minho was already out of bed, she was wondering where he would go though. But she was surprised when she came out and saw a set of American breakfast was laying readily on the table but Minho was still nowhere to be found.

Sulli smiled slightly, this was the first, no it should be the second time she had tasted of how very sweet feeling was when she is eating, even despite the bad taste she had in now.

She has never thought that Minho was so good, not the way he cooked for her but it were his sweet deed and gesture toward her yesterday and also now. She wasn't still used to this big change of him but she couldn't deny that she liked it.

"Maybe he really meant it when he said he will make everything up for me." Sulli mumbled alone. She sighed. "Whatever let's just be happy for now. Grab it and enjoy to your heart contents."

Suddenly she heard the doorbell outside, her smile unconsciously spread on her beautiful face.

Sulli immediately made her way out to the front yard.

"Bwoya??" Sulli said while chuckling when she saw Minho with a bright smile waving her hand to her.

Beside him there were 2 bicycles.

"I heard if there is a best way to travel around Jeju, people would have to say that it is by bicycle." Minho said. "Let's begin our journey with them."

Sulli looked surprised but obviously she displayed an excited smile on her face. "Are you sure? By the bikes?"

Minho just chuckled in response. He lifted his white camera which he was wearing around his neck and snapped one on Sulli. He then smiled charmingly.

"Beautiful." He said looking into his camera screen before uplifted his face to look admiringly at smiling Sulli. "Not the shot I just snapped but.... it's you."

 

 

Minho and Sulli were going along the fun rides with their respective bikes through the countryside trail and beautiful coastal road.

On the way they even stopped by to visit a few local sights.

They talked and laughed together happily with so much joys which they have never found in their relationship before.

Minho always smiled softly while watching Sulli, especially a tingle of delight ran through his body for them to have done this fun rides and did many things together.

He got to experience something precious which was the chance to catch up with Sulli and learned many things of her that he didn't know before. He even had the realization about the simplicity of happiness and fulfilment about Sulli, she was like a freely child ran around the playground with so much laughter and smiles.

Minho was very sure to capture every beautiful moments of them, not just in his camera alone but deep down inside his heart and saving it as a beautiful eternal memories.

Unbeknownst to Minho, Sulli would always by chance stole many admiring glances on him, when did his voice and laugh were like the music in her ears? which making her worries were left behind.

Sulli always found herself smiling like an idiot unconsciously whenever she heard Minho talking. Her heart was just filled with so much bliss.

The two of them felt their stomachs right now contained with unknown yet funny feelings inside, when also their hearts were thumping against their chests like a broken record. It was like they didn't know how to find off button or didn't even know how to stop it either.

Their bodies and souls very enjoyed the fruits of discovery together.

 

 

After spending almost the whole day with their fun rides, the couple continued to cycle on a coastal road and decided to make a stop on a beautiful beach to relax.

Sulli mumbled thanks after receiving a bottle of water from Minho, they settled down on the white sand.

"Are you tired?" Minho asked softly and Sulli nodded.

Sulli looked rather pale, sweat drenched her face as she breathed heavily.

Minho took a towel and attentively wiped it away with gentle move.

He sighed.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have made us to ride the bike for the whole day. What a stupid husband!" Minho said and chuckled, so did Sulli. He stared at her lovely face and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Sorry wife."

Sulli shook her head. "You see, I had fun too. But yeah you should have known I'm not a sporty type like you." She smiled, no hesitation she rested her head on Minho's shoulder. Suddenly she just felt like to have some intimacy with Minho and of course she was the one make the move this time. "But it's okay, I liked it. Thank you husband."

Minho smiled and nodded. He looked straight to the front, the sea glowed blue with each rolling wave. He hoped for the sound of wave crashing the shore would covered up the sound of his strong heartbeat right now.

"I'm so happy right now, you know." Minho said.

"Why?" Asked Sulli.

"Aren't we like a couple who is in love, a sweet newlywed enjoys their awesome honeymoon?" Minho asked and looked back at Sulli, only to see her head still rest on his shoulder.

"You are happy because of that?" Sulli asked again.

Minho chuckled. "Maybe yes?!"

Sulli playfully laughed at his answer but then she slightly nodded. "Yeah, we seem like ones on the outside. The others who don't know us would think of us as a couple who is madly in love." Sulli murmured. "If only they know what really happen between us or maybe contrastingly we turn out like what they are thinking--"

Minho cut Sulli off. "And I’m sure prefer the latter. And do you know why?"

Sulli didn't answer.

"It's because I already realized that.... I like you." Minho confessed suddenly without hesitation. "I like you Sulli."

Sulli heaved a sigh, instead responded Minho, she slowly closed her eyes. "Can I take a nap like this? It.... feels good."

"Huh? Oh okay, rest as much as you want. It is yours." Minho said awkwardly as he didn't expect Sulli avoided to say anything about his sudden confession.

Minho took a deep breath, he hugged her shoulder and made both of them lying down on the clean sand.

"Like this would be better right?!"

Sulli snuggled closer to Minho to rest her head on his wide chest with Minho's arm was around her.

She smiled. "Yes." She said and paused for a moment before continued. "You know, right now it's new that I feel protected from someone else, the second man."

Minho narrowed his eyes. "Someone else?! And second?! You don't mean your first was Lee--"

"It has always been Appa who gives me this feeling. But now.... it's you who make me feel this protected despite my lack confidence."

"Your lack confidence?" Minho asked. "Are you talking about 'trust'?"

Sulli didn't responded Minho as he also didn’t want to further that question. Both of them later fallen into the deep silence.

The waves kept rolling on the shore as their minds continued running even they didn't talk it out.

 

"Sulli Sulli...." Minho shook Sulli lightly to wake her up.

Sulli slowly opened her eyes and saw Minho was smiling at her. They were still on the beach and she just dozed off earlier.

"Look over there!"

Sulli followed the direction where Minho was pointing.

She gasped in amaze as soon as she turned to look at it, she raised herself up to admire the breathtaking sunset over the ocean.

"OMG!" Sulli gasped softly. She stood up to take more good view. "Wow! It's so beautiful that it almost seems as if I'm looking through the gates of heaven."

"Yes it indeed is." Minho said. He turned to stare at Sulli's side profile. "And also I'm feeling at the most romantic moment right now.... with you."

Minho suddenly kissed Sulli on her cheek. Softly like a feathered touch, he lingered his lips there to inhale her scent. He slowly moved to her ear and whispered there.

"The rosy sunset by the beach is so breathtakingly beautiful and it paints the sky with peaches. I like it so much. Why??.... because it's also the way it reflects you."

Sulli turned to Minho as he drew his face away and stared in to her eyes.

He smiled lovingly at his wife.

"I don't know how did it happen and when did I start to feel something toward you. Yes, I don't even know why either so don't ask me that." Minho said with serious tone. "I would like to tell you again right now. I'm already perfectly sure.... I like you Sulli."

Without answering Minho, Sulli suddenly kissed him on his lips to his surprise. She deepened the kiss for a few seconds before she pulled herself away.

"You just made me feel like to kiss you suddenly and I don't know why I feel that way either but.... just don't misunderstand for something else." Sulli said. She sighed and glanced away.

"What? You just kissed me first right after I confessed you." Minho chuckled. "Are you serious to tell me it's nothing later?"

"Look! I'm not ready." Sulli answered shortly.

Minho sighed. "Okay, you win. But seriously you are really unpredictable, you know? How could you take advantage of me like that?"

Sulli rolled her eyes. "It's just a kiss, as if you have never done that before to me. However it’s good that you still have the mood to tease me after got rejected."

"What? Rejected?" Minho laughed. "Yah!!"

Sulli stuck her tongue out to him and walked away. "C'mon let's go home. The beautiful sunset was just ruined because of you."

"Yah!" Minho yelled. He quickly ran to her and put his arm on her shoulder as they made their way toward the bikes.

"You know, there is saying, sunset is one of wonderful opportunities for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us! So next time let's go for the sunrise."

"It's great as long as you don't ruin it again." Sulli said teasingly. She then giggled when Minho tickled on her waist.

"Are you happy that much to tease me?" Minho said as he kept trickling Sulli.

"No no, sorry Minho. Everything is just so great today. I had so much fun." She was laughing so hard as trying to run away from Minho but he didn’t let her pass. "You didn't ruin anything. The sunset moment is one of the perfect time today."

"Good girl!" Minho said. He pinched her nose. "Let's not ride the bikes anymore. I will call a Taxi."

"Aww really? Good boy!" Sulli said copying Minho and she patted his hip.

Minho quickly grabbed Sulli's naughty hand to stop, both then fallen into a laughter together which maybe only god knows that things between them had been developing great so far.

 

 

 

To be continued….


I don’t know if this chapter is able to please you guys because I think it somehow didn't really satisfy me but since I'm busy it's the best I could give you. Sorry, maybe it's because I seem to run out of ideas.  *sigh*

Anyways thank you for reading, like I promised, I’m trying to write plenty minsul moments for you :) Hope you can enjoy it….

Till the next update

Take care.