Chapter 20

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Suzy was running late. She entered one of the Cafè in town breathless as she saw Jiyeon waved at her from where she was sitting.

"Sorry I'm late. My part time work was extended unexpectedly." Suzy said as she sat down and drank the water fast. She was thirsty because of running all the way here.

Jiyeon sighed. "You should tell me. We can meet the other time."

Suzy smiled slightly. "It's okay."

"You look exhausted Suzy. How many part time jobs you are having seriously? The last time I knew was three." Jiyeon asked. She slid the drink she ordered for Suzy to her.

"Only two now. But I'm planning to quit one when this one Cafe shop I applied few days ago hire me as a full time staff." Suzy said with a hopeful smile. "I've met the former owner. He said the current boss is on vocation so probably next week when he come back I will have to meet him and see if I would be hired or not."

Jiyeon shook her head. "What complicated bosses you might probably work for."

"But I think I like the environment of that Cafè. It is not just a place you come for coffee but to relax with all kind of books you want to enjoy yourself. It's just like a library yet it's actually there for a business." Suzy said.

"I know you love reading. You must be thinking that place is a paradise where you can work and fulfill your obsession at once. Two birds one stone." Jiyeon said and they both giggled. "I wish you luck then."

Suzy smiled. "Thank you Jiyeon."

"Btw how is auntie Bae?" Jiyeon asked.

Suzy faded her smile. Her eyes turned red. "She's getting weaker. The doctor just informed me that she's already in her last stage."

Suzy clenched her hands. Jiyeon touched Suzy's hands.

"Auntie is strong, I believe she will continue to fight."

Suzy shook her head. "Not when she thinks she's my burden." Tears flowed down her face. "I'm feeling so terrible. I cannot help my mum to ease her pain. I cannot support sufficiently for her treatment. I want her to be healthy yet she is thinking that she's a burden to me."

"I wish I could help you more than I can Suzy. I'm sorry." Jiyeon said.

Suzy shook his head as she tried to talk but nothing she was able to say. Her chest was tightened and she was crying harder.

"You need someone Suzy. You cannot put a fake facade that you are strong when in face you are not." Jiyeon said and Suzy looked at her. "Minho has to know that you are back so that he can be that someone who can help you to be strong and go through this hardship."

Suzy looked away and shook her head.

Jiyeon sighed. "At this moment you really need him the most Suzy. Don't try to lie to me that you stop loving him when I can see all your feeling through your eyes."

Suzy closed her eyes and she wiped her tears. "I don't think I can face him again. I don't want to."

"He got married Suzy."

Suzy looked back at Jiyeon with wide eyes. Tears began to pool in her eyes again.

"But even if they're married now I don't think Choi Sulli will be the obstacle between you two Suzy." Jiyeon said and she took a deep breath, trying to convince Suzy. "You aren't strong Suzy. Your hiding would only hurt yourself. You are back now so you have to claim what is rightfully yours since the first place."

 


 

 

"Sulli… wake up." Minho softly whispered in her ear. He chuckled softly when Sulli just stirred a little but not opened her eyes.

"Hey wife, wake up." He called her again with a light chuckle.

Sulli moaned softly in annoyance that someone was interrupting her peaceful sleep. She rotated to face another side of the room, away from him and continued to sleep.

Minho moved closer and he put his arm around her waist. "Wake up sleepyhead, I have something to show you." He whispered again in her ear but there was still no response from Sulli.

Minho gave up on using light word and thought of something else that would be more effective in waking her up.

Smirking, Minho started to kiss her hair and bury his face into her nape. He nuzzled his nose there while his fingers made its way to tickle her waist.

Sulli wiggled, trying to get away from Minho but to no avail she escaped from his evil act. She began to laugh and called him to stop.

"Yah! What are you doing? Stop!" She turned to face him and holding his hands in place.

"Oh I thought you are not going to wake up." Minho said laughingly. He could start to tickle her again if he wanted to but there was no need because now his plan was success in calling her up before the crack of dawn.

"What are you doing? It's still dark outside. Go away and let me sleep." Sulli said in a sleepy tone and her eyes almost went close again if it wasn't Minho's smirk turning wider and she knew right away that he was up for something there if she didn't gave in. She sighed in defeat. "What do you want?"

"Good girl." Minho said while patting her cheek softly. He then sat up before throwing her cover away. He smirked down at her. "Hubby will take care of you and you will love it wife."

 


 

 

"You don't bring me here and we are going to walk down the beach again right? Come on, what time is it now? I can barely see anything here." Sulli whined when Minho brought her out to the beach. She was dressing in a light layers of clothes and the cold wind did not make thing better as she began to feel shivering.

"I'm not going to drown you. Don't worry." Minho said with a smile.

Sulli followed his lead as Minho was gently dragging her with him. She yawned sleepily but then was hung open when her eyes settled on what Minho had prepared for them.

Sleepiness seemed to leaped out of her soul instantly. Before her there were a piece of cloth laid on the sand with a fold blanket on it. Not just that but next to it had a basket of breakfast goodies, she supposed. It felt romantic even if the sight was still dark and she knew Minho planned it better.

Sulli turned to Minho. As if Minho could read her mind.

"Like you know, your husband doesn't know how to cook so he asked for someone help to prepare him that basket to please his wife. And you know I needed to wake up 2 hours before you to bring it here."

Minho grinned and he brought Sulli to sit down with him. "I heard the sunrise here is breathtaking. And I just think that it'd be beyond the said if we're watching it together." He then laid himself down on his back with his left hand under his head and the right one he offered for Sulli. "Lying here Sulli."

Sulli let out a soft smile. She suddenly appeared the urge to reward Minho something. And before she knew it, she leaned down to give him a light kiss on the cheek.

"It's sweet Minho."

"Really? Well, it's worth it then by waking up so early in the morning." Minho said and he resisted the urge to yawn making Sulli giggled.

Sulli put her head on Minho's offered arm and due to the weather was cold, she brought herself closer to Minho and hugged him close. Sulli pushed her head deeper until it was resting on his firm shoulder. Minho smiled and he opened the blanket to wrap around them.

In a very pleasant moment, they snuggled contently under it together. In the next minute, they began to enjoy their romantic moment, catching the last of the night’s stars and watched the sun come up together in the warmth of each other’s arms.

 


 

 

The door bursted open and revealed Taeyeon walking in.

Taemin sighed in relief. "You startled me to death noona. I thought there is a thief or something. Don't you know the basic rule that before you come in someone's office you have to knock first?"

"I don't have time for that." Taeyeon said and

Taemin shook his head, back to concentrate on his work on the computer.

"Don't you have something to tell me?" Taeyeon asked, crossing her arms.

Taemin looked up at her and frowned. "Like what?"

"Like you hire someone to be your assistant?" Taeyeon asked. She began to grin. "She looks so beautiful. I know what you are doing there."

Taemin's frown got deeper. "You mean someone is here for interview right?"

"Yes and I also mentioned that she's a beauty." Taeyeon said and Taemin stood up.

"I thought I said in the paper that I would hire a male assistant." Taemin said as he made his way to the door. "I don't need a lady."

Taeyeon followed him. "Well you might change your mind when you see her later. She's really beautiful."

Taemin turned around and smiled. "Beauty has nothing to do with ones' qualification."

"Tsk tsk… I guess you haven't moved on from your previous client. What's her name again? Ah Mrs. Choi Sulli. Well, she is indeed beautiful. Too bad she's already taken and her husband is one of the good caught too."

Taemin shook his head. "I'm not talking with you noona." He stopped before a room. "Is she inside?"

Taeyeon nodded and that mischievous grin re her face. "Maybe she can be the replacement Taemin. Hire her as your assistant and if there is a chance just date her. I know you're young but you're not getting any younger either."

"Seriously Taeyeon noona!" Taemin rolled his eyes. "She's here for the job and I'm about to go inside to interview her. Stop talking nonsense."

"I thought you need a male assistant and now you are going to interview her?!" Taeyeon said and foresee Taemin about to snap she continued. "Good luck little boy. I'm going back to do my job now."

Taemin only sighed as Taeyeon walked off to her counter desk.

Taemin turned to fix himself and wiped his imaginable winkle on his shirt. He suddenly had the urge to check his hair in the mirror. Was it messy?

Taemin stopped. "Wait! What am I doing? I'm not trying to look good in front of that beautiful girl right? Wait! Did I just say beautiful girl?"

Tsk Taeyeon noona!

Taemin opened the door and someone inside stood up. "Hello! Are you here for a job interview?" Taemin asked and the lady before him smiled.

For a few seconds there, Taemin almost forgot to breath. Taeyeon was right, she was indeed a beauty.

"Good morning sir. Umm… Well, yes. Are you recruiting an assistant? I'm here to apply for the job." The lady said and she bowed, her bright smile was still there. "I'm Krystal Jung."

The girl… She was familiar somehow. Taemin was sure that he had seen her before but he couldn't remember.

"Have we ever met before?"

 


 

 

Minho exited the bathroom. He and Sulli had been exploring Jeju for entire day and the past few days before. Although it was indeed tiring but they enjoyed every second of it. Minho was pleased that he could spend time together like this with Sulli and saw her sincerest smile while being with him.

It was a huge development that they were warming around each other so much. Other than that Minho was happy, finally they could be like a real couple out there who could be the enviousness in the others' eyes. Minho was beginning to see that he truly wanted a serious future with his wife.

Minho smiled at the thought of spending the rest of his life with Sulli. The last time he knew, that kind of thought never existed in his mind but now it was totally different. Since they got closer, Minho had been thinking about their future a lot. He did mean it when he said he wanted to give their relationship a chance.

Minho felt his heart race a bit faster. Lately he experienced that a lot. Minho touched his chest where his heart was and beating. "Am I….falling in love with Sulli?"

Minho wasn't sure but then again if he was, is he even surprised by that? Minho was ready in accepting Sulli becoming the other half of him. She was his wife so there was nothing weird if he loved her. Moreover loving someone didn't need a reason, right?

Minho took a deep breath.

"Well, for now I'll just be content with what we are having. I'm sure there is no time limit for me to figure that out soon as long as she's always beside me."

Minho wore his comfortable clothes after the quick shower. Sulli was in the kitchen prepared the dinner for them and Minho couldn't wait to see his wife busying herself there. It was always the beautiful sight Minho adore and it could be one of the reason to why Sulli was able to capture his heart.

When Minho reached the door, he heard Sulli's phone vibrated on the nightstand. He quickly went back to fetch it for Sulli when he saw the caller ID.

Jinki oppa.

Minho's blood boiled. So it was that 'Jinki oppa'?!

"What does he think he is doing to call someone else's wife? When he clearly knows we are on our honeymoon." Minho said in irritation. He grabbed Sulli's phone and ended the call with a smirk. "Your bad luck man! Try again next time!"

Minho then switched off Sulli's phone with a triumphant smile.

"Dinner is ready Minho." Minho jumped at the voice of Sulli calling him. When did she entered their bedroom?

Sulli saw Minho holding her phone. "Why are you looking so startled?" She walked toward him and took her phone from his hand but Minho held it quite tight. "Hey my phone. Did someone call?"

Minho let it go and shook his head. "No… I was about to take it out for you lest someone call and you don't know." He grabbed Sulli by her shoulder, walking together out of the room. "I'm hungry. So what are you making?"

"Your favorite." Sulli said.

Minho looked at the dining table. There were only few side dishes but they were indeed his favorite foods. "Wow. Are you trying to make me gaining weight?"

Sulli chuckled. "If making your favorite foods could make that happen, I don't mind to have a cute, chubby hubby." Sulli pinched Minho's cheek.

"Don't do that." Minho said.

Sulli stopped smiling a little. Was Minho mad at her that she called him chubby? "Oh, you don't like me pampering you too much? Don't worry, these foods don't have much cholesterol and you work out so-"

Minho laughed. "What I mean is you shouldn't pince me."

"And why so?"

"Because if you find me cute, I'm willing to receive a kiss more than a pinch." Minho said and Sulli gave him an incredulous look as she shook her head. Minho didn't say anything as he looked at Sulli which he knew she starting to get shy under his gaze. Minho smiled. "You know what? You are making me happy every time you are doing this."

"Doing what?" Sulli asked, looking away. Why the atmosphere suddenly turned awkward?

Minho took Sulli's wrist and pulled her slowly to him. "Making me feel taken care of in a romantic way that I've never felt before. You are making me like you more and more everyday."

Sulli looked at Minho. "And you know what? You are now really good at saying cheesy things. For the past days we are here, I think I'm beginning to get used to it now."

"Then do you like it?" Minho asked and he didn't need to hear her answer, Sulli was blushing and that was already the answer he wanted.

Minho leaned in closer to her. Their closeness wasn't helping him to be in control and stayed away from kissing Sulli. Minho realized something. He developed an addiction and that to have Sulli close like this and she was ready for him to kiss her all he wanted.

"Foods are getting cold. You don't want me to heat them again right?"

Perhaps Minho was holding Sulli not tight enough, that's why she could easily break away from his embrace.

Minho chuckled. Sulli was shy and that kinda surprised him though. If they kissed earlier, they were of course so sure than anyone else that it wasn't even their first.

Sulli sat on her seat. "I thought you said you're hungry."

Minho stood there and just watched Sulli.

His wife wasn't only beautiful but he only realized now that she also had a nice personality which he never tried to understand it before.

And then Minho also realized, slowly by slowly and as much as he didn't want to admit it yet, he's already falling in love with Sulli.

 

 

 

To be continued.


 

 

It's been awhile since my last update. Sorry for taking a lot of time readers. It's quite shorter than other chapters. I'll try to write it longer next time (^~^)

Take care everyone.

Minsul forever <3

Till the next update.