Chapter 11

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Minho and Sulli began to have their dinner. It was sealed as the first out of many meals they are going to share together in the name of husband and wife. Both sat face to face for the fact that they were sitting across each other. On the table there were some Korean dishes which Sulli just laid them on for Minho found so appetizing.  

It wasn’t the first time Minho had tasted her side dishes and he had to confess that Sulli is really quite good in cooking.

For the past years whenever the two families found any occasions to gather together, Sulli always ecstatically want to give her hands in helping in the kitchen. And maybe because of that, it helped her thrive in this knowledge.

To Minho, cutting stuff up and putting thing in a pan isn’t particularly fun at all but Sulli found it is. She once told them she adored being in the kitchen and when their parents asked her why, she simply answered,

‘Because I love eating’.

That time Minho found himself snickered at her silly answer.

“I see that you love to get a good grade too but why I don’t see you adore being the library to study hard?”

“Don’t start with me!!”

And the next thing, the dramatic war began for only the god knew of how many times their parents had witnessed that.

Minho jolted back to reality with the smell was so mouthwatering. He looked at the dishes on the table in silent awe. How could she cook all these alone? He then dryly mumbled a formal phrase that usually used in the meals time before began eating. It was delicious, although it wasn’t as good as his mom’s but to level Minho’s taste, he perfectly liked it.

True to be told he was never taking a notice of how woman could be this important in this area, same goes that he didn’t find it interesting in Sulli was actually has ability to cook well either. Maybe it was because he always had his mom to take care of this all along. And it was enough for him to be careless and took a notice of it.

But in just a mere second, as in now, he found thing was different. It indeed began to change of his positive outlook to Sulli. Well, having a wife who is pretty good in cooking is something that he realized it won’t hurt too much if he kinda feels proud of her.

Wait!! Proud!! … Did he just feel touched by just a simple home cooked meal she made?

People usually say…

‘Cooking food for a man is a good way to win his affections.’

‘The only way to get to a man’s heart is through his stomach.’

Minho quickly shook his head. That was surely not Sulli’s intention and as he, his self wouldn’t easily to fall for that as well.

‘It is ridiculous. Well, thing just happens that she loves cooking and I love eating.’ Minho thought internally but then he felt like to smack himself when he just used Sulli’s term about loving eating. ‘Anyone loves eating, don’t we all? That’s common.’

 

 

 

The night kicked in and it meant it will be their second night they share the same bed together. Both were aware that there was moment of awkwardness and it was added double from yesterday for it was given that last night the exhaustion washed over them due to their solemn marriage duly performed and their responsiveness mostly was faded out as tiredness took its toll on their bodies.

By a not-so-helping idea of Sulli to have a pile of pillows as a barrier to prevent anyone of them could reaching over to lay hand on the other unintentionally or it’d be vice versa, which is what Sulli accused Minho that he might snatch the chance to take advantage of her and Minho internally snickered at her stupid rule, did she really think she would be safe by just those useless pillows she was using if he does attempt to do something on her? But Minho chose to keep silent and forced the urge to talk back in defending himself out of her accusation, because it’ll be like he digs his own grave by reminding them that he just tried to kiss her earlier.

It was already midnight and none of them fallen asleep yet with all the moving around and the faint noises that coming from the other side of the bed keeping them to stay widely awake. Why just sharing a sleeping space would be this suffered? The feeling of the tossing and turning over mattress firmness and somewhat the room temperature would be such the brunt of burden.

Minho couldn’t stand it anymore, yesterday it was fine for the fact that they were all exhausted but now thing unexpectedly different.

He immediately sat up, making Sulli turned to look at him.

“What are you doing?” Sulli’s voice almost came out like a yell when Minho took the pillow which she used as the barrier.

“I will just sleep on the couch.” Minho said and with that he quickly went to the couch.

Sulli raised her head to look over at Minho, who was now settling on the couch. She knew he couldn’t sleep comfortably there when the length of the couch is way too short for him, and not to mention it’s small to given the fact that people tend sleep rolling back and forth.

Sulli lied down back and stared at the ceiling.

It’d be causing physical discomfort to him but that might the best solution for them to call it a night. And they did it. Sleepiness finally visited them, the next thing both were driven into their respective dreamland.

 


 

A week passed by, having Minho using the couch as his bed at the night time. He always woke up in the next morning with his body felt tense all over when he was still not used to fit on that small space. Since that night they’ve never talked or have come to agreement in anything related to the sleep thing. Sulli surely knew how Minho was having a hard time to settle there for 7 nights consecutively, and somehow witnessing that she couldn’t help but does feel bad.

 

 

Minho and Sulli were on the way to their campus.

“Hey, I think … there’s no need for you to spend night on the couch anymore.” Sulli said, trying to sound nonchalant. She glanced at Minho at the driver seat. “The bed is big anyways. We can share it.”

“Are you sure?” Minho asked, a bit startle that Sulli initiated this topic out of blue. “Sharing a bed all night can be very complicated. Like you see what we experienced the other night.” He side glanced at Sulli and could sense that she felt bad for that. He smirked. “Don’t you see that your husband is trying to be gentlemen?”

Sulli scoffed. “Oh really? And why don’t I feel like it? Instead of that it’s more likely someone is trying to have his self in control and not to take advantage of me.”

“Seriously?!” Minho exclaimed, annoyed. But somehow he felt like to all of sudden. “I see that you seem like to bring that thing up that much. Or by any chance you like me to do that thing with you again?”

“Bwo? Are you crazy? How could I want you to kiss me? That’s absurd.” Sulli almost yelled.

“Ooh! But I never said that you want me to kiss you.” Minho countered back, still riding on his teasing mode. “Doesn’t it mean that you just confess to me, you like and want me to kiss you?”

“What the hell! I never confess that I want you to kiss me.” Sulli shrieked.

“See, that’s what you said for the 2nd time already, ‘I want you to kiss me’, it means that ‘you want me to kiss you’.” Minho said back while trying to hold his laughter.

“Then my sentence now will be ‘I never want you to kiss me.’ fine now?” Sulli said through her gritted teeth.

“Arraseo, you never want me to kiss you.” Minho replied as if he was forced to be convinced and half believing.

“Yah!! I said ‘I NEVER WANT YOU TO KISS ME’. Don’t you dare to sound like I’m denying it!” Sulli warned.

“Okay then, I’ll say that you never want me to kiss you.” Minho said with a shrug, obviously he still enjoyed teasing Sulli.

“Say??!! Yah! Choi Minho, are you teasing me?” Sulli said with a glare.

“It’s fun right?” Minho replied and finally let out his laughter. “You cannot see your face. It’s so funny Sulli.”

“You should thank to all saints that you’re driving now, if not I’ll strangle your neck to death for enjoying making fun of me.” Sulli said and then she crossed her arms, smirked at Minho. “Btw, to ask you who were always start to make the move first? For my kindness let me remind you Mr. Choi, you, who the one finding my lips are kissable and initiated the action.”

Minho was rigid in his seat. He thought that they already ended this conversation but she still couldn’t let go.

His effort in teasing her backfired.

“Okay, so can we stop talking about this awkward topic now?” Minho said.

This time turned to Sulli who was laughing. “Seriously, just now you were having fun in teasing me and I didn’t see any awkwardness with the way you talk at all. Is it you, yourself whom digging your own grave to start with it?” Taken the chance Minho glanced at her irritatingly, Sulli gave him a merong and exclaimed. “Yeah, I won the battle.”

Minho secretly made a small smile by himself.

Then there were a few moments of silence before Minho talked again.

“So are you sure that we’ll share the bed?” Minho glanced at her and kinda surprise to see a soften gaze Sulli gave him. He then removed his eyes straightforward on the busy street and smiled. “I mean it’s okay. I can use the couch and you can have all the bed for yourself.”

“Wow! Is it really you to be this gentleman to me? It’s weird.” Sulli faked an awe expression, she laughed herself off and shrugged her shoulder before continued. “It will surely uncomfortable like you know … that night before but … I see that we’ll get accustomed to it. And I think I don’t really mind. It’s not that you will dare to lay a finger on me though, or if it happens I’ll surely break every bone of yours.”

“Don’t worry, I surely won’t.” Minho said. “Like I used to say, none of inches about you catch my eyes. So rest assured, I have no interest to touch you, Mrs. Choi even if you beg me for it.”

“Bwo?!?!” Sulli was pissed. “Who is talking here when there were 3 times, you tried to kiss me first? None of inches about me catch your eyes huh? Can you swear that you don’t find my lips alluring, and you couldn’t resist feeling them on yours?”

Here she was again, going back to that topic and sounded so proud of herself. And when Minho was about to talk back, Sulli’s phone suddenly rang.

“Oh Oppa!” Sulli answered her phone.

Oppa?? Minho instinctively glanced at her in curiosity for who was calling her which made her said that Oppa’s word was that cheerfully sweet.

“This weekend? Of course we’re surely fine. You can come over by dinner on Sunday.” Sulli replied happily. “Ok bye Jinki oppa. See you.”

What? Jinki oppa!! When did she start to address him as oppa? Why didn’t he know that at all?

Of course Minho wasn’t dumb to see that both of them seemed very close now and it somehow pissed him so much to know that they’ve been developing relationship so fast within a week.

No, truthfully he just pushed away the fact that they actually were closed ever since high school since Sulli and Jinki, both frequently participated in school organization back then. But then he didn’t care that much, although there were times he felt annoyed to always see them together but he never felt as bothersome as it is now.

It’s been a week that Jinki’s presence around Sulli really getting on his nerve. Unexplainably, he was so annoying for the fact that they got to be the neighborhood out of the million people in the country.

“This Sunday we’ll have a dinner with Jinki sunbae in our house.” Sulli said, smiling.

“What?” Minho spoke rather a bit loud. He was reminded to how Sulli was like a pro in cooking. First thing came to his mind is, he doesn’t want to share Sulli’s home cook to the others, not anyone, most especially never that Jinki guy. “No, I don’t want to. I don’t like it.”

“Why?” Sulli scowled at Minho. He childishly acted like this again when it came to Jinki. How could she didn’t notice it? She sighed. “Whether you like it or not, I want it to since I’m the boss in the kitchen. So your argument is invalid.”

“But I don’t like him.” Minho said.

“You’re childishly nonsense. Fine then, you don’t need to show up if you seem dislike to see Jinki sunbae. Ok, you can eat out.” Sulli said.

Minho snickered. “Are you trying to send your husband away and then you can have an affair with him in the house alone?”

“WHAT?” Sulli shouted at Minho and glared at him. “Seriously, lately you’ve been acting like a jealous husband to his wife. Are you by any chance actually jealous of sunbae?”

“What? Jealous?!?! Do you imagine vain thing for what it’ll never be happened?” Minho denied immediately and then laughed it off in sarcastic way, it was probably a pretense one maybe. “I dislike him because I don’t find him likable. That’s why I’m pissed everytime I see him. Ridiculous that you assumed that I’m jealous.”

“Ok then, I thought if you’re really jealous I’ll consider declining the Sunday’s dinner with him but now you made it clear that you’re not so it’s solved then.” Sulli said. She somehow looked slightly angry at the answer of Minho that he wasn’t jealous. “It’s easy, you’ll eat your dinner out since you are pissed to see him. And am I having an affair with him or not, it doesn’t matter to you. Oh well I’ll remember, you’re not jealous but nonsensically being childish.”

Minho just hissed at her. They then arrived in the campus as Minho parked his car.

Sulli was about to get out, Minho grabbed her hand to stop her.

“This weekend, are you free?” Minho asked.

“No.” Sulli curtly replied. She lied, she was totally free but she was still angry at Minho.

“Do you think I believe it?” Minho said and smirked. “This weekend, you have to go somewhere with me.”

“Where?” Sulli asked, trying to sound no interest.

“Just somewhere. And one more, who said I’m going to eat out by this Sunday’s dinner. No, I’ll eat at home.” Minho said and then he released Sulli’s hand prepared to get out of the car but then he turned to see her again. “Don’t forget that you will go somewhere with me this weekend. Don’t accept any date from anyone, arraseo?”  Minho said as he thought that Jinki would ask Sulli out one of those days. He sighed and quickly reminded her again. “Remember! You’re going with me this weekend.”

Sulli skeptically scowled at Minho. “No, I’m not going with you.”

Minho just laughed, seeing Sulli harshly got out of the car and walked ahead of him.

While watching Sulli, Minho asked himself.

“Am I really jealous?”

He then tried to think of the image of Sulli and Jinki’s togetherness for the past days. His blood was suddenly boiling … again …

“Seriously am I?”

Oh no....

 

 

To be continued….


The new beginning and fresh start is coming.

Advance happy new year, 2015 everyone.

Hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come.

 

Thank you.