Chapter 9: Past and Present

Mind Games [Hiatus]

 

 

This isn't my poster, just thought I'd put together a little something. This is at a current point of who Kwan may date, the list may change but for now this are the candidates!

 

 

 

This chapter is meant to focus on Kwan's past. Part of the story is told by a character's POV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“It was really kind of you to help Ukwon clean the place up.” Daehyun smiled proudly.

 

“Ukwon's a friend, why wouldn't I help him?”

 

“Sure. 'Friends'.” Daehyun emphasized.

 

You continued to walk, ignoring his stupid theory. But when you heard no footsteps, you turned around to see Daehyun, frozen.

“Yo...what'cha doin? Standing around like a weirdo. Let's go, I need to cook dinner.” You tried to pull him, but he wouldn't budge.

 

Finally, you followed his gaze to a girl around Daehyun's age, walking towards a nearby store. She had long red hair tied in a neat ponytail, an adorable face and an awesome patterned outfit. She looked like she was from an anime.

 

 

“Daehyun's got a crush! Daehyun's got-.” Daehyun's hand lay over your mouth blocking your loud voice.

 

“Shut up. I don't want her to hear you!”

 

 

“If your tough guy, like you say you are, go ask her out.” You ended pushing Daehyun forwards before he could respond.

 

The girl saw Daehyun and greeted him with a warm smile. You turned to hide yourself behind a bush so you could watch, without being caught.

 

Both Daehyun and the girl seemed familiar with each other, considering they had been talking for quite some time. Daehyun was smiling radiantly while anime girl touched his hands, affectionately. Maybe, this was a sign that Daehyun had found his miss right.

You sighed in content until you felt a presence hovering over you. You wanted to turn around to face the person, but a cloth quickly covered your mouth. Everything was fading fast, you were going to blackout in moments but that did not stop you from escaping the cloth.

 

“Ram, you should've learned by now not to play with fire, for you might get burned.” That voice...as smooth as silk yet as sharp as a knife.

 

You tried to get up but something was weighing you down. You threw your elbow backward hoping to hit something. Luckily, the fresh air was helping to clear your vision and mind. You could hear a low grunt, that was your queue to run. You took off at a appauling speed, running as fast as humanly possible. You were so distracted by your attacker chasing after you, that you didn't notice an oncoming car.

 

Before you could be hit, you were tackled onto the sidewalk. You were about to yell for help until you realized who it was....

 

Hyunseung!

 

“You could have been hit by that car, you dummy?” Hyuseung stood up than helped you to your feet.

 

“Kamsamnida! You saved me!” You were so caught up by the moment you crushed Hyuseung into a big hug.

 

“What were you doing?”

“Chillin like a villian, dah.” your first reflex was to use sarcasm.

“Pabo.” Hyunseung flicked your forehead.

“Fine, I was surveilling the area for thugs. Hoping I could put these fists of steel to some use.”

“Why were you running like a maniac and than stop....in the middle of the FREAKING ROAD?”

 

The memories flooded back into your mind, every single detail of the attack. What bothered you was why you recognized that voice, the voice of someone you deeply cared for. The voice unlike other times you'd heard it, was not disguised with a deep pitch. You understood why Daehyun...

 

“Kwanie-ya, where are you?” Hyunseung lightly shook your shoulders.

 

“Sup, Homeslice.”

 

Hyunseung POV

 

What was she doing just standing in the middle of the road? SHE COULD HAVE BEEN HIT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! WHAT IF I WASN'T THERE

 

I can tell somethings' up and I'm guessing it's BIG. I haven't seen her this confused and hurt since the incident.

 

“Kwanie-ya, where are you?” I lightly shook her shoulders.

 

“Sup, Homeslice.”

 

Still the same Kwan 8 years later....hiding her emotions with fake smiles and silliness. But now I knew how to tell the real from the fake, I am no longer the little boy that was oblivious and neglected Kwan when she needed me the most.

 

“What happened? Who were you running from? Did they try to hurt you?” i tried to touch her shoulder but she stepped back.

 

“Let me in, let me help you.” I took her hands in mine, frantically searching her eyes for approval.

 

“Nobody was there, not Daehyun, not Ilhoon, not even you were there. I am alone and always will be.” Kwan retracted her hands and placed them at her sides.

 

“You are not alone. I wasn't there but now I am and I want to protect you. Please stay with me for the night until I know your safe for sure.” I caressed her cheek affectionately before grabbing her hand.

 

She did not release my hand but instead grasped it tighter, I sighed in relief seeing her lean in to rest her head on my shoulder.

 

Memories of our childhood flashed before my eyes: Playing at the park together, throwing rocks into Han River, sitting upon our secret hideout on a hill, looking out at the stars. Our friendship was always a bit hectic but that only made our adventures more exciting, never knowing what will happen next. Than Ren came to our school, I lost her because in the end I wasn't there when she needed me. Ren and her became close and started dating 6 years ago. At the beginning, their relationship was peaceful and strong but than Ren began to change. Ren evolved into a monster and after 2 years of dating Ren began to cheat on Kwan. But Kwan endured, like she always had, she convinced herself that cheating was a casualty in many relationships. The beatings came shortly after when Kwan told Ren, she was leaving him to live with her brother. Kwan no longer had control and became as fragile as fine china. Than the curtain fell and Ren's puppeteer was finally revealed. Kwan was sent to the emergency that night after trying to escape the apartment they shared. She almost died but Kwan endured, even after Ren left her. She learned to finally fight back after years of being tortured by her 'loved' ones.

 

3rd person POV

 

“Isn't this your apartment building here?”

 

“Yeah, let's go.” Still holding hands the two youngsters ran up the stairs and to Hyunseung's place.

 


Hoped you liked the chapter!!! Please don't be a silent reader, I would love to hear you opinions!!!