Chapter 2

Mind Games [Hiatus]

Before Ren could focus on his surroundings you rushed past the entrance of the alley, across the street to your lowly apartment you called home along with your brother.

 

As you entered you immediately ran upstairs to your third floor apartment. You reached the door within record time and grabbed the key from your purse.

 

“What took you so long, was it your boss again because if it was I have my own ways of making him pay for his actions.” Said a serious voice behind you.

 

You laughed as you turned around to see your brother grabbing the key from your hand and opening the door.

 

“ I can fend for myself but maybe one day I will take you up on that offer” You joked.

 

“I wasn't joking Kwan!” Your brother looked at you concerned for your well being. Your boss often made passes at you as well as some other female co workers. But you knew, you were his favourite as he picked on you the most.

 

“It's fine Daehyun, besides what's the point of being in a gang if I can't use my cunning ways to manipulate and hurt those who hurt me” You said looking down as you remembered seeing Ren.

 

“Where? When? Did you give him a piece of your mind? Did he try to hurt you? Did you the defensive skills I taught you to kick his ?” He questioned now in protective brother mode.

 

“Wow....first of all how did you know I meant Ren?” You asked quietly.

“ I recognize that pained look on your face, please tell me what happened.” He pleaded.

 

“Fine...” You sighed siting on the couch. “ I was walking home tonight after my daily dealings with my idiot boss....when I saw Ren talking to some roughed up guy with a weird tattoo on the back of his neck in the alley across the street. The guy was telling Ren about a deal going down tomorrow that was really important, at least by the sounds of it. Ren was being his overly confident self and of course bragged about his experience with the clients....but after the guy left through the alley's back door I...um...ran before Ren could see me.” You said the last part giggling nervously.

“My how the mighty have fallen, sounds like Ren found another gang and judging by the sounds of it, it's probably Exo. Each member of Exo holds a rough appearance and is tattooed with the same symbol on the back of their necks. If I remember correctly it is some sort of weird hexagon with a maze but I could be wrong.” Daehyun said still deep in thought.

 

“Well all that matters now is what am i going to make for dinner!” You said grabbing your brothers shoulders and shaking him from his daze.

 

“You seem like you've had a long night why don't we eat out, my treat.” He said excitedly

 

“Fine, where do you have in mind?” You inquire.

 

“Ukwon's bar, I heard tonight they are hosting a rap battle between Jepp Blackman and this guy named Kyung”. You looked up at him upon hearing that their was a rap battle.

 

“Really! Give me ten minutes to change and get ready than we can go!” You yelled to your brother too excited to quiet yourself.

 

“Okay, I have to find my wallet anyways.” Daehyun chuckled at your reaction upon hearing what he said.

 

“Who offers someone food and drinks without knowing if you are able to pay?!” You yelled back irritated by his irrational behaviour.

 

“Yah, it's almost been ten minutes, speed it up!” He screamed impatiently looking at the stove clock.

 

“Okay, don't get your in a wad!” You responded stepping out of your room in a cute outfit you found at the back of your closet.

 

“Well, don't you look adorable! Come over here and give Oppa a hug!”Your brother sang while chasing you around the apartment.

 

“Bwah?!” You exclaimed out of breathe from the chase.

 

“You look so cute!” He giggled while pinching your cheeks.

“I am getting changed, excuse me for a minute.” You hurriedly said as you run back into your room.

 

Five minutes later..

“My little sister looks so grown up, I like the other outfit better!” Your brother looked at you with a pout.

 

“Too bad. Let's go now, I don't wanna miss the rap battle.” You told while walking to the apartment door.

 

“Okay, but the rap battle starts at 9, so we still have 20 minutes.”

 

“I wanna go now so than we can get good seats and order our food and drinks!” You yelled irritated by Daehyun's constant time management skills.

 

Daehyun finally sighed in defeat and followed you through the doors, down the stairs and out of the apartment.

 

“Hey, have you heard from Ilhoon? I called him today but he didn't pick up.” You asked looking at your brother with concern.

 

“Why should I know? He's your best friend.” Daehyun responded agitated.

 

“Ya, but he's part of your gang!” You responded angrily

 

“Whatever, I'm sure he will call you back later tonight.” He exclaimed while draping his arm over your shoulders.

FLASHBACK

 

Ilhoon was your best friend who you grew attached to after he tried to steal from a convenience store owned by a rival gang. He was able to knock out the store clerk and steal the cash all while concealing most of his face. However, one of the gang members recognized the serpent tattoo on his hand. He had been chased and ended up in an alley behind your apartment. Lucky for him, you were there to meet someone, when Ilhoon came running in. He was so panicked that he hid behind a trash can beside you.

 

Can you please help me. The red dragons are on my tail.” Ilhoon whispered.

 

Ne. My apartment is in this building, there is a backdoor at the other side of the alley, here is the key to get in.” You threw the key to him than exited the alley from the side he came in as a group of red dragons approached.

 

Have you seen a man running through here?” Asked a man who distinctly reminded you of a bum you saw this morning.

 

Uhh....no, but you are very cute!” You squealed, faking a very high pitched voice.

 

Kamsamnida, you are quite beautiful yourself.” He said moving closer to you, so that your faces were inches apart. You faked a smile to hide your disgust, you needed to gain the trust of this gang.

 

Chincha Oppa?” You giggled excitedly.

 

Ne, I hope to see you around, angel.” He said as he gently grabbed your hand and kissed it.

 

Of course, now I must go. Goodbye Oppa!” You yelled happily while skipping to the other side of the alley.

 

As you entered your apartment, you saw a curious Ilhoon looking down at the scene that just took place.

 

Are you part of their gang? Is that why you invited me in so easily? Are you going to turn me over?” He asked while turning to stare into your eyes.

 

We all play a different game, yours is stealing while mine is manipulation. I need to get close to them so I can use their information and give it to my brother. From there, B.A.P will attack and take over their territory.” You spoke nonchalantly

 

Your brother is part of B.A.P?” He stared in surprise

 

He's not the only one sweetheart. So, did you purposely steal from a shop in red dragon's territory or are you just stupid?” You asked casually while looking at your nails.

 

We all play a different game right? Mine is simply revenge against those who hurt my family. Although, if you really want me to join your brother's gang I will. As we do share an enemy and intention to destroy them.” He said while smirking at your attitude and appearance.

 

Well, first I save your and now I have to get you into my brother's gang, while keeping you safe from the red dragons. Wow, what a deal but what do I get?” You asked returning his smirk

 

What do you want?”

 

 

Some of the money and 3 favours I can cash in. But these favours can be whatever I want. In the meantime, you can stay at my cousin's apartment, far away from those big, bad red dragons.” He pouted when he realized you were mocking him.

 

 END OF FLASHBACK

 

Hope you enjoyed these chapters!! Don't forget to comment to tell me how the story is or suggest ideas!!!