Chapter 7

Mind Games [Hiatus]

 

                                                   

 

“Well look who's come to join the party? Are you here to fight or beg for spare change?” JR spoke up, earning laughs from Nu'est and the rest of the gangs.

Way to impressed with his own joke

*What's so funny? I don't remember any other gangs in the area except.....EXO *

 

Than it hit you,

 

“Each member of Exo holds a rough appearance and is tatooed with the same symbol on the back of their neck.... it is some weird hexagon with a maze.”

 

Before you could continue, your train of thoughts was interrupted by a familiar voice.

 

 

“You better watch your mouth JR. I am not one to take jokes lightly.” Spoke a deep, mellow voice. A voice that you'd heard 1000 times. But Lay isn't in a gang, especially not Exo.

 

“What? It's true. Shouldn't gangs flaunt their appearance? Not hide behind dirty rags and dusty hats.” Baekho said while Nu'est came forward from their prevoius positions in the club to stand by their leader.

“We all have our ways of protecting our identity, Exo just prefers to remain completely anonymous. Besides, we hold all the cards.” The hauntingly sweet responded.

“How is that?” Jackson questioned in a raised voice.

“If you don't know who we are than we are able to play two roles. The anonymous member of Exo and the common citizen.”

At that Exo walked through the bar while everyone stood frozen, waiting for the next move.

 

“What attention 'we are anonymous blah blah blah'. It's too bad Exo is too afraid to show their

faces because I really want to know who I am beating the out of tonight.” You could hear Jackson whisper.

Sadly for Jackson, Exo had heard him too. They turned and swiftly made their way towards Jackson, who was now surrounded by GOT7.

“Jackson Wang, what a surprise. Heard you recently got beat up by a bunch of 13-year old girls. Don't talk to us with such disrespect because unlike those 13-year old girls, I will not think twice when I break your neck.” Their leader growled again.

“I-I-I t-t-think it's t-t-time we go. Uhm...uh, GOT7 leggo!” Jackson squealed before rapidly walking to the exit of the club.

 

*I swear that is Lay. I mean there is something about him that reminds me Lay. *

 

You walked back to Daehyun and Ilhoon who were once again sitting in a V.I.P booth. You sat beside

Ilhoon, who looked quite pleased with himself. While Daehyun was deep in thought and judging by his eyes, it would by bad news to interrupt him.

 

“Oppa, what happened to Ren and Kikwang?” You broke the silence.

 

“Ukwon had gone over to block b headquarters, so Jiyong had to break up the fight between them. Ren absolutely wrecked Kikwang, he now has to be hospitalized for a week or two. Ren fleed the scene immediately after.” Ilhoon summarized.

 

“Let's go. I have work tomorrow anyways and it's really late.” You checked the time on your phone before fixing your gaze on Daehyun.

“What's up with him?”

“I think he knows all the members of Exo but is worried that they may harm the gang or you.” Ilhoon wearily spoke.

“Why? And how do you know that-.” Before you could finish you heard Daehyun mumbling on and on about Exo and how dangerous they were.

 

“Let's get him home before he has a MENTAL BREAKDOWN.” (see what I did there;)

You grabbed Daehyun and dragged him out of the booth. Before you left you said your goodbyes to Infinite and Hyunseung, who had stuck around for the aftermath.

 

“Can we see each other soon? I miss our friendship so much.” Hyunseung whispered with red, puffy eyes.

“Of course. I have missed my Hyunseungy-oppa and I would love to hangout soon.” You smiled widely before pulling him into a tight hug.

 

Luckily, Ilhoon and Daehyun were talking to Infinite, Jiyong and Nu'est. At least you thought no one saw your exchange.

 

THE NEXT DAY....WORK!!

“Kwan, are you really going to attend work today? You are hurt.” Daehyun was being his worrisome self but that didn't bother you.

 

“I'm fine. Let me leave, I don't want to be late for work!” You pushed your brother aside who had been blocking the door.

 

“Fine, just be careful. Kwan, if your boss bothers you today, remember to tell him that your brother disposes of garbage like him for a living.”

 

Before Daehyun could change his mind, you grabbed your jacket, kissed him on the cheek and rushed through the door. You were so determined to make it to work on time that you bumped into someone in front of your work.

 

“Mianhae.” You spoke with your head down while walking away.

 

A hand latched onto yours and spun you around to face them. You looked up to see none other than Lay.

 

“Is that how you address your elders. Tsk tsk...” Lay laughed upon seeing your eyes widen. You were about to bow but he held onto your shoulders.

 

“It was a joke. I know your in a rush to get in since you don't want to deal with the big man.” Lay spoke as he lightly pushed you toward the building's doors.

“Kamsahamnida!” You yelled back before running into the office.

 

Sadly, Kim Himchan was waiting at your desk, expecting you to be late. You trudged over to your desk knowing that you would be harassed for being late..again.

“Miss Lee, do you know that this is your 4th consecutive late.” Mr. Himchan spoke while moving closer to me.

“Yes sir, I am very sorry. I recently have been dealing with family problems, I promise it will not happen again.” You confidently said.

 

“You are lucky I'm a forgiving man, but clearly your ex-boyfriend isn't. Atleast, judging by that mark on your face and your health records.”

 

You looked at him baffled that he would know such information. It was written in your health files and of course the rumour circulated the office building but you boss had crossed a line. He didn't know that bruise could have been from another gang fight, the hit you got last night from the red dragon had no effect unlike Ren's powerful punchs. But bothered you the most was that he was right, Ren caused this.

 

“What? You think I didn't know about your beatings at home? It's ironic considering you put on this tough front and won't let anyone besides him, touch you.” Himchan smirked as he rested his hand on your waist.

You wished to move but you knew that he would threaten to fire you if you did. You NEEDED this job and Daehyun worked hard enough as it was to provide for the two of you.

 

Little did you know someone or some people were observing the whole conversation, and let's just say they were not pleased.

 

*How dare he touch her like that? He knows she needs this job! * Someone thought from afar.

 

Himchan finally moved his hand from your signalling for you to sit down. But before you could sit you felt a hand grab you . You stood frozen in shock.

*What the does he think he is doing? * You looked behind you only to see a smirking Himchan.

 

He released his hand but not before slapping your behind one last time before returning to his office. While you remained standing for a moment before sitting down.

 

*Let's hope Daehyun never finds out about this. Himchan will wish he was dead by the time Daehyun is done with him. *

 

You suddenly giggled at the thought of Daehyun's face when he found out.

 

Or even better, Ilhoon's.

“How are you okay with him harrassing you everyday? Does he not bother you?” You could hear Zin ask as she sat her head on the cubicle wall, staring at you curiously.

 

“I dispise him immensely but I need this job and I am not going to give up my job because of some jerk.” You spoke casually as if it was no big deal.

 

“You are quite brave, I wish I could have your confidence.” Zin spoke sadly.

 

“Come on, you are insanely brave. Never doubt youself Zin because others will doubt you. Remember that you are a warrior is this crazy world of ours, so show it.” Your motherly instincts always kicked in when it came to Zin. You knew of her situation and hoped you could help guide her on the right path.

 

*You are one of a kind Kwan, truly one of a kind. * He couldn't take his eyes off of you and the light that radiated from you.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hope you like this chapter!!!

Thank you for reading my fanfiction!!!

And a special thank you to my two special subscribers MuchiWuchi  and reveez

 

Ilhoon's birthday October 4th KST

Happy  20th Birthday you crazy kid!!!!

1004 (double reference) 

Way too cute to be real