Surprise!

Mind Games [Hiatus]

Your skipping work today.” Daehyun dragged you out of bed and sat you on the couch. But you got back up and tried to walk back to get dressed for work.

 

*Why is this girl so difficult!* Daehyun thought while ruffling his hair in frustration and gazing at your door.

I'm going whether you like it or not.” You yelled from your bedroom.

 

Ram, you not only have Himchan to worry about.... this is bigger than him. You have upset one of the biggest gangs in the city. You think there is only twelve but they also have connections with some underground gangs around the city.” Daehyun spoke softly, as he sat down on the couch.

 

Daehyun's POV

 

Recklessness was a trait many teens and young adults around Ram's age adopted, it was only expected that they would occasionally cause trouble. But this wasn't trouble, this was more than a little trouble, this was all out war. It was unlike a girl as clever as Ram to do something so spontaneous, so irresponsible.

 

Ram please, just don't go to work! B.A.P are getting together to train. Come on, Ilhoon will be devastated if you don't come.” I was practically begging Ram now not to go. Anything that would stop her from doing something so stupid as going to work, with Exo members and their ally gangs.

 

Ugh, we need the money Daehyun!” Ram exited her room dressed in her uniform, a pencil skirt and white blouse.

 

What is ONE day of work. Besides, I already called you in sick.” I smirked when Ram went back into her room to change.

 

You have stopped me today but what about tomorrow.” Ram countered.

 

Well, it looks like you're going to be sick for a while.” I smiled in satisfaction as I only heard silence which I took as agreement.

 

LATER AFTER BREAKFAST

We were walking to Yongguk's car shop, right after having a silent breakfast, neither me nor Ram breaking the silence.

Ram, I have a question that has been bothering me for a while.”

Well, ask away, although I'm no magic 8 ball, I'll try my best.”

Why did you do it?”

Why did I do what?”

Why did you beat Lay up?”

I thought it was quite obvious, revenge for destroying Ukwon's bar.” Ram spoke in a nonchalant tone but I knew she was only telling me a small part, her eyes wandering, landing on anything but me.

 

Is that all you relationship with Lay was?” Ram immediately glared at me.

We are only co-workers, I've told you that.” Once again, her gaze faltered.

 

*So I was right when I assumed that they were more than co-workers at the bar, that night and judging by Ram's impatience and nervousness, they were clearly something, maybe even more than friends. *

 

Before I knew it, we stood in front of Yongguk's shop. The repair garage was open, exposing Yongguk shirtless, working on a car that looked like it had been in a drag racing accident.

 

Daehyun, Ram! Please come in!” He must have heard your footsteps became his back was still facing you.

 

Ram and I stepped in, examining the car he was currently repairing. The paint was scraped, indents in the metal everywhere and shattered windows. Looks like someone was having a bit too much fun, considering the worn and nearly flat tires.

 

Where is everyone?” Ram asked, taking the words from my mouth. I gazed over at her to see her looking around, observing every aspect to see if it had changed since the last meeting.

 

Junhong and Jongup went out to get ice cream. Youngjae and Ilhoon are in the back room, on the computer, trying to hack into the Red Dragon's account files.” Yongguk said while pointing to the back room than returning to the car.

 

I'm going to see how those two geeks are doing. Are you coming Ram?” I turned back to Ram.

No thanks, I'll stay here with El Capitán.” Ram smirked as she pointed to a now disapproving Yongguk.

 

With that, I headed to the garage's back storage room that had been turned into a little computer cave.

As expected both Youngjae and Ilhoon were crowded around one computer monitor, observing it's contents carefully. Taking this time to exact revenge, I decided to creep up behind them and knock their heads together.

 

Yaah! Ouch, what the hell was that Ilhoon?” Youngjae rubbed his head still facing the computer.

It was the idiot behind us.” Ilhoon glared at me while rubbing his head. I only gave him a playful grin before turning to face the monitor.

 

What are you guys doing?” I only saw codes covering the screen, how could anybody read or understand these codes?

 

We are in the middle of decoding their account system. They store all their information in storage account, which makes it sound easy but they made sure no one can access it.” Youngjae sighed in defeat before sitting back in his chair.

 

Have you noticed codes or patterns in them? Any hints?” I tried to think of all I had learned in my computers class in high school but nothing came to mind.

 

We've tried. Every possible code, maybe Ram can solve it. After all, isn't part of psychology, analyzing and finding patterns in people's behaviour, it could work right?” Ilhoon reasoned in an attempt to find a solution for the current predicament.

She'll be in here soon.” I added before fixing my gaze on the codes once again.

 

Meanwhile with Ram and Yongguk

 

Right when Daehyun left, Yongguk stopped what he was doing, wiped his hands on the rag that was over his shoulder and turned his attention towards you.

It was very irresponsible of you, Ram.” Yongguk stared down at you with a mixture of disappointment and anger.

 

I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking and I was upset with finding out Lay was apart of Exo.” You spook calmly, not with a hint of shame.

 

I heard from Ilhoon and Daehyun. I am sorry he upset you, but it was unnecessary to hurt him.”

 

Was it? I mean I gave him a piece of own medicine.” You laughed bitterly.

 

Ram, do you have feelings for Lay?” Yongguk cocked his eyebrow.

 

You'd officially been asked the same question twice in one day, a bit of deja vu from yesterday. You didn't recall having feelings for Lay, you were just upset, right? Lay was your friend, a friend you trusted and cared for like Ilhoon, but Lay was always different. He was your first friend at work, he protected you many times from Himchan, bought you ice cream for lunch sometimes. He made you feel warm and fuzzy inside, when he smiled, when he laughed, everything seemed perfect. But of course, he was no different and that's what angered you the most. You were falling for a facade.

 

Why are you asking?” Your eyes narrowed in suspicion at Yongguk.

 

You seem so hurt, like you cared for him as more than a friend. I will keep it a secret, I am just curious.”

............................

I did like Lay, as more than a friend or a co-worker. But things change, people change, we both know that.” You lowed your head as if to shut yourself out from the world.

 

You have really bad taste in guys, you know that right?” Yongguk pointed out.

Thanks, I was unaware.” You replied back with as much sarcasm as possible while crossing your arms over your chest.

 

Just saying.” Yongguk raised his hands in defence. You couldn't help but chuckle at his scared expression.

 

I'm going to the back room, tell me when Zelo and Jongup-oppa are back from their ice cream adventures.” With that you walked to the back room, opened the door and all attention in the room became focused on you.

 

Ram, you're good with finding patterns, right?” Ilhoon asked leaning against the computer desk.

 

Kind of. Why?” You approached the computer to see a bunch of codes across the monitor, you motioned for Youngjae to move so you could sit down and get a better look.

 

5 minutes later...

Have you found any hints as to the main deactivation code?” Youngjae asked as all three boys leaned forward.

 

Yeah, of you look closely the numbers do not seen to have similarities, but all the numbers in the code can be factored into the greatest common digit which is the central three numbers. Besides that, these numbers each hold significant value, one will not remember a password that has no value to them. It should be a 12 digit code, following previous rules but on a greater scale.” You spoke quickly, trying to spot any more similarities.

 

How did you see that?” The boys said in sync. Intrigued by how you had figured out such a pattern.

 

I was quite good in math and I also got the highest mark in the university's criminology, psychology and observation courses in my 1st and 2nd year.” You shouldn't brag but come on, you were awesome, it's a shame you couldn't finish university, but that was life.

 

Is that it for the clues?”

 

The middle of the code should be 1004, so instead of three digits, it should be four. Besides that, you need to find nine numbers that are all single and double digits and factor into 1004, it should be arranged highest to lowest.” You got up and walked to the door.

 

Thank you, Ram!” They chorused.

 

You all owe me a favour now, you are all the devil's debt. Be afraid.” You laughed at their paranoid, shocked expressions before leaving to go get a drink and a breath of fresh air, that room was far too stuffy.

                     

 

Tokki, what are you doing here?” Sunggyu approached you with Infinite trailing behind.

 

B.A.P called a group meeting and training session, what are you guys doing here?” You asked Sunggyu hugged you as did each of the Infinite boys. Their expressions a bit more stoic than you remembered, while Sunggyu was smiling softly.

We are here to talk business, regarding recent events. Where is Yongguk and the others?”

 

I know some are in the back room, I don't know about the others.” You motioned you head to the back door than shrugged.

 

Can you call them, this is URGENT.” Dongwoo blurted as if he was in a hurry.

What is going on?” You asked, beginning to panic.

 

We've found Exo' s ally gangs. Let's just say it is quite a surprise, one that seems to call our immediate attention.” Woohyun rubbed the back his neck as if he was to nervous to speak.

 

 

 

It's HER gang.” L snarled.

 



 Sorry for this crazy chapter!!! Hope you liked it!!

Special thanks to my subscribers....reveez, MuchiWuchi, youneedtonot and my new subscriber..........japankoreachina !

Hope you all continue reading!!! Have a good day!