Chapter 1

Mind Games [Hiatus]

Work, isn't it the best with annoying co-workers and an eccentric, noisy boss. The fun doesn't end there as every night you have to check in with your boss before you can leave to go home.

"Lee Kwan?" Speak of the devil

You let out a soft sigh as your boss approached your cubicle.

"Ne" you answered trying to remain calm

"I hear that your boyfriend has recently left you, is this true?" He questioned in a condesending tone

"Ne" You growled quietly

"How is the single life? I hope it won't affect your work performance." He grinned proudly as he was going to be the cause of your mental breakdown

"It is quite enjoyable, I no longer have to deal with his attitude..." You paused quickly to look at your boss before continuing. 

"Now I must leave and go cry myself to sleep over how heartbroken I am, is that okay?" You said sadly trying to hide the smirk that was making it's way to the surface. You had gotten to him.

"Okay, but remember my door is always open for you, even though I am married." He smiled softly while touching your shoulder.

"I am still too sad right now, but thank you for the offer." You faked a smile to hide your displeasure at the unnessecary skinship as you got from your seat and walked to the door.

"Goodnight Mr.Kim!" You yelled while opening the door and walking out of the office.

"I told you to call me Himchan!" You heard faintly as you walked down the stairs to the main floor exit.

As you approached the exit you began to sprint not wanting to encounter anyone else.

You were far enough from the building, that you began to walk to your apartment.

 

It was beautiful outside tonight as the trees looked like they were dancing in the wild. Even the spray painting buildings that surrounded you looked graceful under the moon's light. The atmosphere that surrounded you when you walked home every night was peaceful. You were released of your stress by the time you approached the apartment.

 

“Do you know how important this deal is, if you fail the boss will take us all down with you! You are lucky that you are on his good side right now but you mess this up you will wish you were dead!” Whispered an angry voice at the end of an alley you were approaching.

 

“I am going in tomorrow to make the deal, don't worry. This isn't my first time dealing with these people after all”. Said a light voice filled with pride and confidence.

That made you stop close to the alley, you knew that voice. That angelic voice that used to drive you crazy. As you slowly peered into the alley, you saw him under the soft lighting of the moon.

 

There he was standing as tall as ever, as pretty as the day you laid eyes on him. You knew that you could be caught but you couldn't help but stare.

 

“You know the plan than so don't disappoint us or you know the consequences”. Finally, the first man turned around to examine the alley before heading towards a door that was placed at the end of the alley on the other side. The man looked roughed up and terrifying but that didn't seem to scare him....Ren.