Chapter Eight.

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It sure is a small world.

Kibum did not expect -- not the least -- that he will be able to see someone whom he met once again. Well, not just someone though. The person infront of him is the same person whom he told his secret with.

That secret is not that of a big deal though. It's not some kind of earth-shattering secrets that can ruin things and all those whatnots. It's just some kind of secret he wanted to keep to himself.

And now, seeing that person again, the person whom he thought he won't be seeing ever again made him somewhat uneasy. What if through him, that thing he's been keeping will be revealed?

"Hey." the person in front of him called. "Uh.. It's been a while though. I know we don't really know each other or anything, but uhmm.."

Kibum stared at him as the other speaks.

"Want to have some coffee if you're not that busy?" he asked and gave Kibum a gentle smile.

Kibum just stared at him not knowing what to respond.

The other let out a chuckle as he scratch the back of his head. "Uhh.. Well, it's fine if you don't want to though." he said.

"..well." Kibum hesitantly said. "Okay?"

He saw how the others face lit up when he said okay. "Oh. Cool! I'm not really familiar here but I believe there's a cafe in front of this building, so, maybe we can just go there?"

"Yeah, it's fine." Kibum answered. This guy is a bit weird though. It doesn't seems like he's the person he met before.

"Let's go?" the other asked as he make some steps to head out the building.

"Ah. Yes." Kibum said and followed the other.

After some minutes of walking here and there, Kibum looked at the other seeing a troubled expression from him. "..is there something wrong?" he asked.

The other looked around then to Kibum. "..this is embarrassing, but I.." he started and he looked around again. "Do you perhaps know the way out? It seems like we're lost."

Kibum can't actually believe what he just heard from the other. Well, the building sure is a real huge one and he himself earlier couldn't find his way out. "Are you serious?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Do I look like joking to you?" the other asked.

Kibum pouted and shook his head. "..uhh? no?" he said. "Aish, whatever. I'll just ask someone." the other nodded and Kibum went to ask a passerby whom he supposed is an employee there.

After some questions and some pointing of directions, Kibum went back to the latter and lead the way out of the building.

The two finally made their way out of the said building and walked to the cafe that is indeed in front of the building as the other had said.

They walked in silence. None of them dared to speak. It's kind a awkward though, the silence is almost deafening.

Sitting on the most comfortable spot they think of, the other broke the silence between them. "So, hey."

"Hey." Kibum answered back.

"Should we order first?" the latter asked.

Kibum nodded and looked for something that will suit his taste. "I'll have an iced americano." he said as he went to fished his wallet when the other stopped him.

"It's on me!" he said with a smile and went to make their orders in the counter.

Kibum just nodded and looked at the other as he made his way to the counter.

After some minutes, the other came back with their orders. He bought Kibum what he wanted and added some extra muffin as well and have a frappucino and a muffin for himself as well.

"It's Jonghyun." the other introduced. "Just in case you're wondering." he added and smiled at him.

Kibum, taken aback from the sudden introduction looked at Jonghyun confusedly. "..Uh.."

"You're Kim Kibum I believe." Jonghyun said as he took a sip from his frap.

"How'd you know?" Kibum asked.

"From you." Jonghyun answered. "I heard you said your name back in the office earlier."

Kibuum nodded remembering what the other said. He sure had introduced himself the time he entered the office of Mr.Lee back there.

"How have you been?" Jonghyun asked.

Okay, things are getting weird now. First off, he really don't know who Jonghyun is. He just met him in the plane and talked to him the whole trip to Jeju. They didn't exchange names, phone numbers or anything to be in contact but know he's acting like they've known each other for a long time. Well sure, Kibum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter