Chapter Six.

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey Key! You ready?" Minho asked as he entered Kibum's room seeing the feline seated on his bed. He walked to Kibum and sat beside him.

Kibum took a lungful of air and exhaled looking at his best friend who settled himself beside him. "I'm nervous." he replied. "Dead nervous."

 

It's been three weeks since Kibum came back from the vacation he had in Jeju. In the past days, Kibum was able to send his application form to the company he's been wanting to apply to online. Of course, that is with the help of Minho's non-stop persuading. Minho knows how Kibum always wanted to work in that company, and how it was so important to Kibum because it's his dream. And he will be so much happy when Kibum finally achieved his dream to be one of the best in the line of fashion. But Kibum on the other hand is being a bit pessimist about getting accepted in that company. He believes in himself, yes. But he also knows how there are a lot of other aspiring designers who wanted to work in that same company. And with that, it made Minho persuade him more everyday so Kibum did. He sent an e-mail to that company along with some of his works.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Four days have passed. Four days of waiting without getting any kind of response from the said company. Kibum almost lose his hope. Telling himself how fail of a designer he was. That he was not good enough to be one of the fashion designers in that company. Telling himself that his works were all just bunch of craps and deserved to be put in the trash bin instead. But he put himself altogether and waited. He waited again. Maybe they're just busy.

Five.

Six.

Seven.

Seven days. Three more days have passed again. Nothing. Not even a dot as a response. Not even a blank page. Nothing. Kibum didn't know what to do anymore. His hopes are slightly getting shattered little by little already. Minho had noticed how Kibum had been getting disappointed with every single day that passed so he told the feline to don't give up yet. That there is still hope. So Kibum did as he was told. He waited again and told himself how that will be the last time.

Eight.

Nine.

Ten.

Three more days again. Three more days of patiently waiting and that's it. That already is it. He gave up. Kibum gave up. He's not worth it. He really isn't. His works were all just pieces of trash. Of course. Who is he kidding? He may be praised a lot by his professors back then but those were not enough. He's not good enough. How would he? How would he even be able to get in to that company? He's just a plain designer. A plain and very untalented designer. He really is not good enough for the company whose looking for the best. That's it. His dreams. He already gave it all up.

Eleven.

Twelve.

Thirteen.

Fourteen.

Days passed again. With each day that passed, Kibum was slightly able to forget about it with the help of Minho and Taemin by his side. The two was able to distract him to keep him from thinking about it. They both knew how important it was for the feline - especially Minho - and not being able to get in totally breaks the feline's heart so they did everything to at least cheer him up even the slightest bit.

Fifteen.

Kibum was surfing the internet with his laptop that night. Looking for anything. Any random things that will entertain him when he suddenly thought about it again. Thought about the e-mail. Will there be any response when he opened it? Or maybe not again? Gathering all his courage up again, he decided to try again. Another try won't hurt right? If there weren't anything, he won't think about it anymore.

So he did. He tried it again. Kibum tried again even though he's positive that there'll be nothing there.

He typed his e-mail and entered his password, closing his eyes as he entered it and waited for it to load.

After a few moments of waiting, Kibum took a deep breath and slowly fluttered his eyes open. Looking at his e-mail seeing a new message from The Kim's. Kibum's eyes widened like the size of saucers, not believing what he just saw. He blinked a few times confirming if what he's seeing was real.

Shakily, Kibum opened the e-mail he received and his eyes widened even more - if that's still even possible.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Kibum shouted making Minho ran to his room like a mad man, worried that his best friend might be hurt or something.

"What happened Key? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asked continuously as he slammed the door open entering the feline's room.

Kibum look at his best friend - Minho who's standing by the door looking at him woth worry in his eyes - eyes still as wide as it was. Not know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter