Chapter Sixteen

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey, Bummie?"

"Yeah hyung?"

"Can you keep a secret?" It's better this way, he should just tell Kibum himself. He'll just deal about those what if's later.

Kibum looked at him and smiled. "Are we at it again?" he chuckled. "Sure."

"Well, I.."

"You what?" Kibum looked at him intently, curious on what the other has to say when his phone suddenly rings.

Jonghyun looked at Kibum's phone placed on the table but Kibum did not budge to answer it. "You've got a call." he pinpointed the obvious.

Kibum just nodded. "It's just Taemin, I can still talk to him later. I'm more curious on what you have to say."

Jonghyun took another lungful of air. Kibum's phone ended ringing just a few seconds ago and now here's Kibum waiting on what he has to say.

"Just promise me you won't be mad okay?" Jonghyun told him.

Kibum tsked and gave Jonghyun a boring expression. "Depends. Just tell me already hyung."

Okay, now is the moment of truth.

*brr brr brr.

"Someone's calling again," Jonghyun said as he heard Kibum's phone ring again.

"It's still Taemin," Kibum told him.

"I think it's important. You better answer it."

Kibum let out a frustrated sigh. He wants to hear what this is all about but here's Taemin interrupting it. "Okay. Give me a minute," he said as he reached for his phone and answered the call. "What's wrong Taemin?" he asked and stood up from his seat, signalling Jonghyun as he excuses himself.

Jonghyun watched as Kibum went to a place where he can have his privacy. He's nervous as hell. He does not want the younger to hate him for lying that he's just some friend of his Onew-hyung that always visits the company. That he's just someone who has a lot of free time and will soon to have a job. Why did he even lie in the first place?

"I can do this, I need to tell him. It's now or never," he said to himself.

After a few minutes, Kibum came back with an expression he cannot fathom. Scared? Worried? Angry? Sad? Just what is wrong with Kibum?

"Hey what's wrong Bummie?" he asked as the younger grabbed his bag, ready to leave quickly.

"I'm so sorry hyung, I need to go now." Kibum told him and started to walk out but Jonghyun grabbed his arm.

"What? right now? What happened? You still need to go back to work though." Jonghyun reminded him. "Just tell me what's wrong."

Kibum looked at Jonghyun and Jonghyun saw the tears rolling down from Kibum's eyes. Something bad must have really happened.

"I'll deal with it later hyung. I really need to go please?" Kibum begged as Jonghyun won't let go of him.

"But Kibum,"

"Hyung please. Minho.. Minho is.. I can't.. Please hyung? Just let me go. I don't want to lose him." Kibum begged once again, sobbing. "He's my best friend and I'm scared. What if.. what if.."

"I'll drive you," Jonghyun said, now understanding what happened. Kibum might not have told him clearly but Jonghyun understands. He understands.

"But hyung.." Kibum tried to protest.

"Just listen to me okay, how can you drive when you're at that state Kibum," Jonghyun told him. "At least let me drive you then I'll go. I promise."

With that, Kibum nodded. Jonghyun's right. He can't even think straight right now. He's scared. Really scared.

 

 

 

Jonghyun lead Kibum to his car, opening the passenger door for him and went to his side of the car. He's getting worried as the younger's tears kept on coming out though he seemed to be putting a facade, the tears that kept coming betrayed him.

Jonghyun wants to comfort him but he does not know how. He does not have any idea what really happened and might say something that can make the younger cry more so he just opted to be silent and watch the younger though it hurt him.

As the drive continues, Jonghyun's phone rings, he answered the phone and put it on speaker as he was driving at the moment.

"Ya! Where are you?" came Onew's voice on the other line.

"I'm on my way to the hospital hyung.."

"Hospital? What? Why? What happened? Are you sick? You should have told me.."

"Calm down hyung. I'm with Kibum.."

"Huh? Is Kibum sick?" Onew asked not letting Jonghyun finish. Jonghyun looks at Kibum who's looking outside the window car. As if he's not hearing anything.

"Just let me finish hyung okay?" Jonghyun demanded. "There's an emergency. I think something happened to Kibum's friend and we're on our way to the hospital. He's taking undertime today hyung okay? This is an emergency." he explained. 

"Okay then. Take care you two." Onew said and bid goodbye.

Soon, the two arrived in front of the hospital. Jonghyun stopped his car and looked at Kibum. "We're here" he said softly.

Kibum removed his seatbelt and nodded. "Thank you hyung" he thanked and opened the door.

"Kibum," Jonghyun called before the younger stepped out of the car. "Call me when you need someone to talk to okay. I will always make time for you" he smiled.

"Thank you, hyung." Kibum said and stepped out of the car and quickly went inside the hospital.

Jonghyun watched the younger disappear from his sight. He wants to be there for him but he can't. He just can't.

"In the end, I didn't manage to tell him" he told himself and drove away.

 

 

Kibum rushed inside the hospital and went to the operation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter