Chapter Seventeen

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jonghyun's been trying to sleep for hours but he can's seem to do so. What his hyung told him a while ago kept on repeating in his mind. He gets all giddy and excited knowing that Kibum talked about him to his hyung.

"Aish!" he hissed as he got up in a sitting position on his bed. "I shouldn't be like this!" he told himself as he remembered how Kibum looked like earlier. "Yeah, I shouldn't be like this. He has Minho anyway. He loves him." he mumbled to himself and just like a 180 turn, his all giddy and excited mood turned the other way around. He let out a sigh and threw himself back on his bed, grabbing his phone from his bedside table.

"I wonder how he is right now." he said as he swiped his phone open and went over to his contacts, picking Kibum's name unknowingly.

"Should I call him?" he mumbled again, staring at his phone screen.

"Aish! Kim Kibum, can't you just like me instead?" and threw his phone somewhere on his bed.

"Hello."

"Hello? Jonghyun-hyung?"

Jonghyun suddenly heard and quickly searched for his phone. "Aish."

Once he took hold of his phone, he saw that it was Kibum. He must have not seen that he clicked it when he threw his phone.

"Jonghyun-hyung?" Kibum called again.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and answered the phone. "Ah yeah, Kibum-ah," he greeted. "Why are you calling?" he asked.

"But it's you who called hyung?" Kibum asked, confusion in his tone.

"Ah.. Ah.. yeah, it was um.. me, yes." he answered, embarrassed. stupid Jonghyun, stupid.

"Um, is there anything you need?" Kibum asked this time.

"Actually, I clicked it by mistake, so.. um.. yeah, I'm sorry." Jonghyun explained.

Jonghyun heard Kibum chuckle on the other end, making him smile to himself. He likes it. To hear Kibum laugh.

"O..kay then, bye." the other said.

"Um, yeah.. bye?" he said in return but even before the other line ends he called the younger, "K..Kibum"

"Hmm?" he hummed.

"A..are you.. well, how are you?" he asked him.

There was silence on the other end until he heard a tiny sob from the other.

He stayed silent as well, waiting.. waiting for Kibum to respond. 

"I.. I'm okay hyung. I'm okay." he heard the younger answer softly.

Jonghyun sighed. He wants to be by the younger's side right now. He badly wants to hug him and tell him that it will be alright. It will all be just fine.

Silence. But it was a good one. It was a bit comforting. Just knowing that they are both on the other end of the line.

"I will always be here when you need someone." Jonghyun broke the silence.

"Thank you hyung. I appreciate it." Kibum mumbled softly.

Jonghyun hummed. "Hmm."

"I need to go back to the hospital, Taemin's waiting for me."

"Okay. Take care on your way. Message me once you arrive there, better yet, call me okay?" he ordered him.

Kibum chuckled. "It not like you're my boyfriend, but okay. Bye hyung."

And the line on the other end's gone.

Jonghyun's lips formed a small smile. "I could be if you want to though." he said as if Kibum is still on the other end.

 

The next day, Kibum woke up and saw Taemin still sleeping on the couch and Minho on the hospital bed, still unconscious. He let out a sigh and stood up from the chair where he fell asleep. He walked to Taemin's side and shook the younger slightly.

"Taemin," he called and in a blink of an eye, the younger got up from his position.

"Minho-hyung!" the younger called.

Kibum looked up at Taemin and smiled. "He's fine. He'll wake up soon." he assured. "I'll go buy us something to eat, it's already quite late." he informed.

The younger nodded. "I'll look after Minho-hyung."

Kibum nodded and made his way out. He walked to the elevator and waited for one to open so he could go in.

Kibum was ready to get inside once one of the elevator doors open when the person inside it stopped him from his track.

The person inside smiled and walked out to him. "Good morning Bummie!" he greeted with that smile of his.

"H..hyung." Kibum stuttered. "What are you doing here?"

"You didn't come to work and well, brunch?" he asked holding up the plastic bags he has with him.

Kibum smiled. "You don't have to Jonghyun-hyung, but thanks," he said as he grabbed the bags from the older and they both walked back to Minho's room.

"You didn't text me or even called me last night," Jonghyun told him. "I waited, though."

Kibum got taken aback from what he heard and looked at the older who's currently looking anywhere but Kibum. "W..why would you wait?" he asked.

"I'm worried." Jonghyun said softly.

Kibum tried to hide his smile as his cheeks got tinted by a slight pink blush. "Sorry. I forgot."

Jonghyun let out a sigh. "It's your fault I didn't get to sleep well last night." he teased.

"It's not like I told you to wait." Kibum answered back.

"But I chose to." the older mumbled to himself.

"What?" Kibum asked.

"Nothing. You need to pay me for this." Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter