Chapter Fourteen.

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been a week since Kibum started working in the Kim's Company, and its only been a week but it feels like he's there for like months already. Everyone in the company are all good to him most especially Krystal. He got work from time to time but not that much since he has not been assigned to work on a certain project yet so he actually have some free time. And with those free times he have, Jonghyun has been visiting him and kept on bugging him asking him about random stuffs. Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun. Within a week of really knowing him - the time he met him on the plane is not counted - Kibum has been learning things about the older even though he didn't ask. He also noticed that the Jonghyun he met on the plane is quite different from the Jonghyun he's dealing with everyday. That Jonghyun seems a bit serious and is not into socializing with people since that Jonghyun won't talk to him but this Jonghyun is different in some ways but Kibum thinks that this one is actually better. He's a good guy though, just a bit irritating but anyway, Kibum likes him to be his friend just like what Jonghyun wants.

And now, since it's weekend, Kibum will be spending his time with Minho and Taemin just like what the three promised each other. Weekend is a family day. Not literally a family since there's no mom and dad but they consider themselves as a family. As Kibum prepares their breakfast - which he haven't done the past few days - Minho entered the kitchen with his duffle bag slinging on his shoulder, already dressed in his coach uniform that he use in his part time job being a coach to kids.

"Hey Key! Morning. I'll be going now." Minho told him as he closed the fridge after grabbing a water bottle.

Kibum looked at Minho confusedly. It's Saturday? Family day right? Where is he going? "But Minho.."

"Sorry Key. I need to train the kids today since the head coach asked me." Minho explained knowing already what Kibum has to say. "I know it's weekend but I can't refuse. The kids are all eager to train so they can win the upcoming match."

Kibum let out sigh and just nodded. "Okay. But what about breakfast?" he asked. "It's almost ready." he added with pleading eyes.

Minho looked at Kibum as the other pouts and give him that pleading look. He checked the time and went to sit down. "Okay." he said as he put his bag down beside him and smiled at Kibum. "I'll stay for a little while. I'm also hungry." he added making Kibum happy.

Kibum prepared the food and they started eating. Minho asking Kibum how was it working in that company and how his co-workers are treating him so far.

"And there's Jonghyun-hyung. Do you remember?" Kibum asked as he continued to tell story.

Minho thinks for a second and the name somewhat rings a bell. "Is he the one from the cafe?" he asked.

Kibum nodded. "Yeah. He's a good person. Just stupid at times." Kibum added with a chuckle. "But sometimes I wonder how he always have free time since he's always spending time in the office. He told me that he does not work there though."

Minho nodded as listen how Kibum tell him stories about that Jonghyun-hyung he met. Kibum seems a bit interested to this guy.

"And he asked my phone number but I.."

"Key, I have to go." Minho cut him off grabbing his duffle bag from the chair beside him.

Kibum looked at him sadly. "Oh. Is it already time? Well okay." he said softly.

"Yeah. If I don't go now, I'll be late. So.. yeah~ but don't worry. I'll make it up to you." he told Kibum as he ruffle his hair and smiled.

Kibum pouted as he swat the others hand away since he's messing his hair. "You better. Taemin would be really sad to hear that you're not coming with us today."

"Oh." Minho said when he heard Taemin's name. "About that.. Taemin told me that he might not be able to come here today since his brother asked him some help since he's moving out." he explained making Kibum's expression dull.

"W..what?" Kibum stuttered. This is the first time he will be alone on their so called "family day."

Minho let out a sigh as he looked at Kibum's expression. As much as he wanted to stay, he can't. And also, he can't stand hearing Kibum talk about Jonghyun, Jonghyun and Jonghyun. "I'm really sorry Key. We'll make it up to you next time, really. Don't be sad."

Kibum just nodded and didn't say anything. He's not mad. He's just sad since it's the first he'll be alone and has nothing to do the whole day.

"See you later Kibum." Minho said as he glanced one last time at Kibum and walked out of the kitchen.

 

 

Jonghyun walked inside the kitchen to grab something to eat since he woke up with a growling stomach, surprised to see that his hyung is still there and is having his breakfast.

"Morning Jonghyun." Jinki greeted as he took a bite from his bread.

"M-morning hyung!" Jonghyun greeted back as he sat down across the older asking their maid to prepare something for him.

"You're up early today. Have any plans?" the older asked now opening the morning newspaper.

Jonghyun put his arms down the table, his chin rested on his palm as he watch the elder read. "Nah! Just woke up hungry."

Jinki nodded and did not response since he's already reading some news about business - as usual.

"And you hyung?" Jonghyun asked when he didn't get a response. "Why are you still here?" he asked.

Jinki looked at Jonghyun from the papers and the younger put his hands up in air as if he's guilty.

"I'm not saying that you shouldn't be here hyung!" he protested. "It's just that, you know, you rarely have the time to stay here for breakfast since you're always in a hurry. I'm happy you're here now hyung! Really!!" he added.

Jinki shook his head and chuckled at the youngers action. "Meeting got cancelled this morning and I'm glad so I can have breakfast with you. Was waiting for you here for half an hour already! I almost thought you wouldn't wake up!" the older explained.

Jonghyun smiled from ear to ear hearing that. It's times like this this that he missed. "Oh my god! Thanks to my hungry stomach."

Jinki let out a chuckle once again. He sure do missed days like this as well.

The maid brought Jonghyun's food in and the younger started to dig down to fill his hungry stomach. "Say hyung.." Jonghyun suddenly called after swallowing what he had in his mouth. "Will you be staying here the whole day?" he asked with a hopeful expression.

Jinki smiled at the younger making his hopes up. "Unfortunately.."

"No?" Jonghyun cut off the moment he heard that word making his hopes crush down.

"I'm sorry Jonghyun. I still have meeting before lunch and an event to attend to this afternoon. I might not be able to come home tonight since I have another event to attend to tomorrow in Jeju so I'll be flying to Jeju right after the event this afternoon." the elder explained and sighed.

Jonghyun nodded and took a sip from his coffee. Jonghyun understands. He always do. And he bet he'll be as busy or if not, maybe busier than his hyung when he takes over the company but he hope not. "Okay. Just take care and hope you'll have fun on those events."

"I do hope so too." Jinki said with a chuckle. "Those are boring events though." he added to lighten up Jonghyun.

The two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter