Chapter Twelve

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jonghyun stood in front of Kibum's office and took a deep breath before he managed to knock on the door. It's not like him to be this nervous really, but there's something about Kibum that's making him turn a whole 360 degrees different from the way he is.

"Come in Krystal." He heard from the inside. Was Kibum expecting Krystal? Aish! That little devil, always on the way.

Taking in another lungful of air, Jonghyun opened the door and let himself in.

Kibum looked suprised to see him. That's already expected though.

"Uhm. Sorry to disappoint you it's me, Jonghyun." he said as he gave Kibum a quite shy smile. Yep. A total different person. Jonghyun is not a shy type of person.

"Oh. H-hey." Kibum greeted back with a smile. That smile that made Jonghyun stare at the younger in front of him. "Uhm, how may I help you?" he added making Jonghyun snap back to reality.

"W..well I.. I" Jonghyun stuttered.

"You?" Kibum asked.

"Aish." Jonghyun hissed. "I just wanted to uhm.. say hi?" Jonghyun more of asked than stated with a wave of his hand.

The younger looked at him as if he's some weird guy. Well, he acted sort of weird so, yeah. Then suddenly, he heard chuckles coming from the other.

"Well, hi to you too Jonghyun-hyung." Kibum told him with a smile - a smile that looks more beautiful than earlier.

"Were you busy?" Jonghyun asked trying to get himself back.

"Not really. Just decorating the room since I don't have anything to work on yet." the younger answered.

"Would you need some help?" Jonghyun asked again.

"Not really, but I'll be grateful."

"Cool. Then I'll help you." Jonghyun offered, walking further in the office.

"Well, okay. But.."

"But?"

"Don't you have work to do?" Kibum asked. It's working hours, Jonghyun might have work to do himself. Does he even have a job or anything?

Jonghyun chuckled at Kibum's question. It seems like Kibum is curious about him. "Well.." he started. "I don't have work yet." he told the younger as he looked around.

Kibum nodded. "Oh, do you work in here too?" Kibum asked making Jonghyun look at him.

Jonghyun continued looking around before answering a simple, "Not yet."

"Not yet?" Kibum asked. "So you're applying here?" he added. Okay, Kibum is curious. Really curious about Jonghyun.

"Where do you want to put this?" Jonghyun asked instead as he carry one of the boxes where Kibum's stuffs are, not answering Kibum's question.

Kibum pouted a bit, but then asked the older to put the box on the side which he obeyed just like a good puppy.

The two started arranging Kibum's stuffs. Putting all of it in order at the same time joking around each other. After a good hour of putting everything in it's rightful places, they finally finished it.

Jonghyun decided to settle himself on the loveseat that is placed inside Kibum's office, making himself comfortable.

"Hey Jonghyun-hyung." Kibum called the other earning a hum in response. "Thank you for helping me." he said as he pin the last poloroid picture - which is him and Minho - on the wall which didn't go unnotice by the other.

Jonghyun gave him a nod as a response as he looked at the picture intently where Kibum is with some guy who look like a frog posing happily in the picture. Wait frog guy?

"Kibum." Jonghyun called.

"Yes hyung?"

"Is that.." he started, eyes not taking off the picture. "Is that him?" he asked as he pointed at it making Kibum look at where he's pointing. 

 

--FLASHBACK--

 

"Anyway, I'm curious about your secret though." Jonghyun said really curious about the secret of the person sitting beside him. He's not medling with his business but it's him who offered it and curiousity does kill a cat you know.

"Well I.." the feline boy started as he bit on his bottom lip, unsure if he should reveal it or not.

"Come on." Jonghyun encouraged. It's not some earth shattering secret is it?" he asked to lighten up the mood.

The other smiled at his question and shook his head. "No. It's not don't worry. It's not like I bombed some country or anything like that." he joked.

"Well then, what is it about?" he asked again. He already have a clue though. From all those things the other said earlier, it's kind a obvious already.

"My bestfriend." the feline answered.

"The frog." he stated.

The other nodded."Yeah."

"So? What about him?" he asked again.

"I.. I.. Ugh! This is embarrassing really. But I wanted to at least tell one person about this." the feline rambled.

Jonghyun chuckled at the other's sudden outburst. "Do you want to know what's in my mind?"

The other looked at him not knowing what to say but nodded anyway.

"I think you're inlove with him."

And with that simple statement, the other blushed.

"I'm right am I?"

The younger nodded. "I just.. I.. I think I like him. I'm not inlove with him. Not yet." he managed to say, last two words barely audible but Jonghyun was able to catch it.

"What do you mean not yet?" he asked, suprising the other.

The feline boy let out a sigh. "I'm not sure about it. It's wrong. He's my bestfriend. I can't have this liking towards him though it can ruin our friendship." he explained. "But with everything he's doing I can't help it. I'm slowly falling. Slowly but I'm trying not to."

Jonghyun looked at him not really knowing what to say. He's not some relationship guru so he didn't know how he will somewhat comfort him. He himself haven't been in a long relationship. The longest maybe was a month? He doesn't remember.

"He's such a nice guy puppy-hyung. But he's like that to everyone else but I can't help but think that he's only like that to me." the other continued. "I like him. And I love him as a friend, a brother but it's turning into something else."

Without thinking, all Jonghyun did was pull the younger in hug surprising the younger.

"You won't stop talking."  Jonghyun told him once he pulled out.

The younger just stared at him. Mind going blank.

"I'm sorry." Jonghyun told him. "I don't know what to tell you. You see, I'm not good when it comes to realationship things but I bet everything will be alright."

The other didn't say anything but just remained quiet.

"I'm sure your best friend is a nice guy, but if you're really falling for him you wouldn't be able to stop it I guess? Well, I don't know really. But maybe you should give it a chance once you have figured things out. I think you're just being confuse about your feelings as of now. What if you're just saying that you like him because he's the one who have been always there or something, you might still be able to meet some other guy though." he tried to get some piece of advice from his head. "Okay. I'm not making any sense at all, I'm just rumbling out words--"

The younger cut Jonghyun off by suddenly holding his hand making him look at the younger who was smiling gently at him. "Thank you." the other said. "Thank you for listening and well, trying to give me an advice."

"Well, I.. I.."

"Let's keep this a secret between us okay?" The other asked putting out his pinky finger. "Promise me even though we have less than a ten percent chance that we'll be able to meet again."

Jonghyun smiled at him and tied a promise to the other. "Okay. I promise."

 

--END OF FLASHBACK--

 

Kibum looked back at Jonghyun and nodded. "You remember?" Kibum asked.

"Yeah. Everything you told me." Jonghyun answered. "Don't worry. It's a secret between us." he added.

The younger sighed and just nodded. "Just forget those." he told Jonghyun who hummed in response.

There was a moment of silence until a knock on the door was heard. The two looked at each other then at the door's direction.

"Come in." Kibum said after a few seconds of staring at the door.

The door opened and Krystal walked into the room with the same sketch pad she's with earlier. "Oppa, I have some ideas to add is it okay if you--" she cut off herself once her eyes landed on the person who's sitting comfortably on the loveseat. "What are you doing here shorty?" she asked.

Jonghyun groaned and let out an annoyed sigh. Krystal sure is always on his way. "It's none of your business Krystal." he told the younger as he stood up from his seat. "I'll see you around Kibum." he said as he looked at Kibum with a smile.

Kibum sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter