Chapter Eighteen

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He likes Kibum. He really likes him and no one can stop Jonghyun from it. He just found Kibum really amusing at first. Especially that time that they met on the plane and who would have thought that they will be meeting again after that? Destiny? Is that what they call it? Jonghyun doesn't know. But whatever it is, he's glad. He's happy to meet Kibum again and be good friends with him.

But now what? Why did he even lied in the first place? Why did he have to say that he's just his Onew's friend who often visits the elder? Why did he have to lie to Kibum? Will Kibum hate him once he heard the news that he is the chairman's son? It's not his intention to lie to him. Well, it's not also his intention to fall in love with Kibum in the first place.

"Hyung." Jonghyun pleaded the older.

"I don't know Jonghyun, you know how hard that is," Onew answered him back.

"But he'll listen to you hyung. Please?" Jonghyun tried again. "Promise, this will be the last time. I just.. I just want to tell him myself."

Onew let out a long sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Can't you just say 'hey Kibum, sorry I lied, I'm actually the chairman's son'."

"It not that easy," Jonghyun said softly. "It would look like I've been deceiving him all this time."

"But you are."

"I just don't want to pressure him that's it and it's not like everyone in here knows as well." Jonghyun half shouted.

Onew let out another sigh. He wants to help Jonghyun, yes, but he needs to face the consequences of what he did. And what he's asking for is not that easy.

"Hyung, please? Please? Just for a week. After that I.. I don't know. I'll just figure out things. But I'll still do my part being the CEO just please? Help me out?"

"Okay." Onew said softly.

Jonghyun looked at him gratefully. "Thank you."

"Just this once okay?"

Jonghyun nodded and went to hugged his hyung. "I know you can't say no to me hyung." he teased.

"Jonghyun!"

"Just kidding. Thank you. Really."

Onew hugged his cousin back and smiled. Yeah, he's right. He just can't say no to him.

 

 

Kibum sat down beside Minho's bed and watched the other. He's still not waking up. He asked the doctors about it and they said that it's only normal. Some other takes 2-3 days to wake up since their body needs to regain enough strength.

"Hey Minho," he spoke softly. "Jonghyun-hyung asked me to be his date," Kibum looked at Minho as if waiting for him to answer. "Do you think I should go? It's a company's gathering, though." he added.

Kibum only got silence as an answer. "Silence means.., yes?" he asked Minho and chuckled. "Just kidding. But I think I should go? I'm curious about the new CEO. Would you mind if I go?" he asked again.

"I guess he wouldn't," Kibum heard Taemin said.

Kibum looked back and saw Taemin with the food he said he'll be buying. "You're back,"

Taemin nodded. "Where will you be going?" he asked.

"Oh, that, tomorrow's the turn-over ceremony for the new CEO in the company I'm working at," he started. "Jonghyun-hyung said it's not necessary to come but well, I'm just curious. And it's the first company gathering I'll be attending so.. umm,"

"You should go." Taemin told him.

"I want to, though, but I can't." he said sadly

"Why not?"

"Well, Minho is,"

"Nonsense. Don't you trust me umma?" Taemin asked him.

Kibum's eyes widen and shook his head instantly. "No, no, it's not like that,"

"Then go." Taemin smiled, now taking a sip of the banana milk he bought.

"Should I?" Kibum asked.

"Just go umma, I'll look over Minho-hyung." he assured the older.

Kibum smiled at him widely and stood up to hug the younger who managed to go by his side. "Thank you, Taemin,"

Taemin hugged him back with his free hand, "I'm sure Minho-hyung would also want you to come."  he smiled.

 

 

Kibum texted Jonghyun right after he got the permission to go. He can't hide his excitement because it's the first company gathering he'll be going and because, well because he's Jonghyun's date for that night.

To: Jonghyun-hyung

I think I'm coming.

He pressed the send button and after a few seconds, his phone rang, Jonghyun calling him.

"Really?" he heard Jonghyun's excited voice.

"Uh... Yeah?" he answered.

"So, you'll be my date?" Jonghyun asked and Kibum's sure enough that the older is smiling like an idiot at the moment.

"I guess?"

"Asa!" Jonghyun said excitedly and Kibum can picture him fist in the air. "I'll pick you up at six

Kibum chuckled. "Don't be too excited hyung." he told him.

"How can I not be? You'll be my date of course, I'm excited."

Kibum blushed, good thing Jonghyun wasn't anywhere near him or it'll be embarrassing seeing him blush again.

Ever since Kibum met Jonghyun, he always managed to make him smile with those things he did for him. Jonghyun's always there to help him when he got too much work to do and even make him laugh when he's already stressing out about the projects he's doing. He's a bit annoying at first since he's always everywhere that even when Kibum hid in the ends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter