Chapter Ten.

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kibum got to know almost everyone in the fashion department with just a short amount of time. 

They were all nice and kind to him and he's starting to like to work there more. Almost everyone went to say hi to him in his office room and even gave him welcoming gifts as if they're all expecting him to be there.

"Kibum-oppa!" Krystal sing sang his name as she entered his office. "Let's go have lunch." She said with a smile.

Kibum smiled back at the younger and stood up from his seat, setting some of the stuffs he started working on aside. "O..okay."

Krystal cheered and went to wrap her arms on Kibum's one making Kibum flushed with the sudden contact. "Let's go!" She cheered as she dragged Kibum out with her. "Oh. Victoria-unnie really wants to go with us but she still have something to work on to. She's kind of in a hurry since the due date will be on friday." she explained.

Kibum nodded, understanding. He wanted to know Victoria more though. The older seems to be really nice. "That's fine. I bet we can have lunch soon."

Krystal nodded. "Yeah. Victoria-unnie is really nice if you get to know her." She informed.

Kibum smiled. Krystal is really nice too. She became his friend instantly. Well, that was what Kibum is thinking of.

The two kept walking until they ended up in the company's cafeteria. "Foods here are great." Krystal told him. "Onew-oppa always makes sure that they serve the finest food. Most of it actually are the ones being serve at some of the Kim's restaurants." She added that information and dragged Kibum again to the line.

The two finally got themselves lunch and sat on the table where Krystal mentioned she always sits on during lunch.

"So Kibum-oppa" she started. "Why did you choose working here?"

Kibum looked at Krystal while chewing on the piece of meat he just put inside his mouth and swallowed.

"Aigoo." Krystal chuckled and ate a piece of meat as well still waiting for an answer.

"Well, I've always wanted to work here since I was little." Kibum answered. "The Kims sure have lots of line they're into but their fashion line is just the best!" He added putting on thumbs up. "I've always loved fashion ever since I was little and this company has shown me the best."

Krystal smiled as she listened. "I'm so glad you choose to work here." She told him. "This company is really lucky to have someone like you."

Kibum blushed from that statement. "Thank you."

 

 

"I'm hungry!" Jonghyun said for the umpteenth time. "I'm hungry! I'm hungry!" he repeated making Jinki let out an exasperated sigh and looked at Jonghyun glaring daggers at the said man.

"What?" Jonghyun asked when he saw the way how Jinki looked at him. "I'm really hungry." he added with a pout.

"Then eat." the elder told him with an irrate voice.

Jonghyun pouted even more. "You're not eating?" he asked.

The elder let out another sigh and shook his head. "Jonghyun." he called with a serious tone. "Do you realize how much papers I have on my table right now?"

Jonghyun looked over at the elders table. Well sure. There are a lot. Literally, a lot of papers to be reviewed and signed but those could wait right? He doesn't want his Onew-hyung to skip lunch. His Onew-hyung is one who's always excited about food. "Uhm. Yeah. I have two clear eyes and can see all those.." he told the elder. "..but hyung.."

"Jonghyun." Jinki let out with an intimidating voice.

"Aish~ You're no fun. Just want to have lunch. Together? Family? Okay? I always eat alone at home. It's boring and I feel lonely." Jonghyun sulked.

Jinki was taken a back by Jonghyun's words. The younger must have felt really lonely. A sudden feeling of guilt hit Jinki. Hard.

His father is always busy and rarely dine with the younger, he only comes home whenever he have a business meeting around Seoul which is like once in a blue moon. His mother too, she was too busy travelling that maybe she have forgotten that she has a son and Sodam, -- Jonghyun's sister -- well she haven't been in contact with her brother ever since she left home. Their father wanted her to be in the line of business since she's the eldest but Sodam was in love with Art. Well, photography to be exact. She loves taking pictures and it was not just a hobby of her, it's her passion. She really can't imagine herself doing any other things but taking pictures.

Their father was really angry back then when Sodam told him that she wanted to be a photographer instead. A professional one at that and of course that made his uncle -- Jonghyun and Sodam's father -- really mad at Sodam saying that she won't even get anything from being a photographer and it's just a lame idea. It will just be a waste of time and money. She could be really successful taking in their business instead of being just a person who only takes pictures.

The two had a really serious fight ending up with Sodam getting slapped on the face by her own father. And that very same day, the eighteen year-old Sodam packed her things and left the house without saying anything to Jinki and most especially to Jonghyun. Jongyhyun loves her noona so much. He always sticks to her like glue. Even though his noona was always busy, she always finds time to play with Jonghyun and Jinki. Jinki looked up to her. He idolized her because she's very smart and seems to know everything. Whatever questions he asked, she always have answers for him.

The ten year-old Jinki saw what had happened back then. He knows why Sodam left but he never really told Jonghyun about it. It's not like he doesn't want to, but he can't. He can't tell the nine year-old Jonghyun back then how his father just slapped his beloved sister.

What he told Jonghyun back then was that maybe her noona will be taking vacation before entering college and that's what the younger Jonghyun believed in. Whenever he asked his parents about her, they just told him to not think of his sister and just focus on his studies. He believed that maybe their parents just don't want him to worry and that his sister was fine. But as time goes by without hearing anything from his sister, Jonghyun started to think that she abandoned him and Jinki and that she will never comeback. He hates her. He hates her noona now.

It made Jinki really sad knowing how his cousin who he have considered as a real brother grew hatred to the elder. Sodam promised him before that she will always be there and will never ever leave him unlike their parents who really doesn't have time for them. And because of that, because of Sodam leaving, he promised too. He promised the younger Jonghyun that he will not leave him and will always be there for him.

"Hyung please?" Jinki was pushed out of his thoughts when he heard Jonghyun's voice. He looked at the younger. His eyes looks lonely. He must admit, he haven't had enough time to be with Jonghyun the past weeks because there's just a lot of things he needs to deal with. He doesn't want to disappoint his uncle. He owes him everything he have now. If not for him, Jinki would just be no one.

And now with Jonghyun pleading him like a puppy to have lunch with him, he felt guilty.

"Please? Thirty minutes won't hurt."Jonghyun added.

Jinki let out a sigh for the third time now. "Fine." he said making Jonghyun's face lit up. "Fine. Let's go." 

 

 

"Things just work that way." Krystal ended with a bright smile.

The two were talking about how most of the things in the company works. Krystal had explained the others earlier but Kibum wanted to know more of it so he could adjust real quick and get accustomed to everything already. He was really thankful that he met Krystal. She's been a great help to him. Without her, Kibum wouldn't know this or that about the company.

Kibum took a sip of his juice and smiled back to Krystal. "Thanks."

Krystal nodded and shove a meat inside , chewing it happily. Her eyes shining really bright as she eat. The girl just loves meat so much, Kibum concluded.

"You can have some of mine if you still want some." He offered. He's already full anyway.

"Really?" the younger looked up with wide eyes.

Kibum nodded making the younger cheered.

"Thanks Ki-- Oh. That's new." Krystal stated and smiled. "Onew-oppa!" Krystal suddenly shouted making Kibum looked at the younger. "Over here!" she added, definitely calling for the older.

Kibum looked back and saw Jinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter