Chapter Nineteen

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is it. The day where the chairman's son will take over as the new CEO of the company. The day where Jonghyun's identity will be revealed to the public. It was his father's doing that he isn't known to the public despite being the son of one of the most well-known businessmen in Korea. He decided to hide his son's identity in case that he'll do something shameful that could ruin his and the company's name. The company that Jonghyun doesn't even want to have in the first place if only his father would realize that his Onew-hyung is more suited to be in that position.

"What do you think he is like hyung?" Kibum asked as they made their way to the hotel where the event will take place.

Jonghyun glanced at Kibum and shrugged. "I heard that he's really handsome." he commented. 

"That's all?" Kibum asked.

"He's y?"

Kibum rolled his eyes at his hyung. "I'm not asking for his physical appearance hyung."

Jonghyun put a hand up and mouthed a "sorry" to the younger. "Well, you'll see him soon and know what he's like."

"I just hope that he's kind and all." Kibum told him with a smile.

"How's Minho by the way?" Jonghyun suddenly asked as he turns left.

"He's okay, still unconscious." Kibum replied softly. 

"He'll wake up soon." Jonghyun reassured him. 

Kibum nodded and smiled at him. 

"Hey Bummie,"

"Will you stop calling me that?" Kibum rolled his eyes. But he likes hearing it from Jonghyun though.

Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head no. "You can just call me Jjong or Jjongie in return." he told him. "But anyway, do you really want to go that event?" he asked. 

"Why?" Kibum asked in return.

"Well, I actually didn't notice that we already passed by uhm.." Jonghyun hesitated to answer.

"Passed by?"

"We already passed by two exits and it'll take another 30 minutes to reach the next one and it's already 7:00 and I bet the event's already starting." he explained.

"What?" Kibum half shouted.

"I know, I'm sorry." Jonghyun apologized.

"That explains why we're taking so long." Kibum sighed. "It's alright hyung. It's not like we can still make it on time."

"We can still make it, but we'll be so late if ever." Jonghyun told him. 

Kibum shook his head and just smiled at Jonghyun. "No, it's okay hyung."

"Sorry." Jonghyun apologized again.

Kibum shook his head once again, "no it's okay hyung, it's okay that I took my time to look perfect tonight but couldn't go in the end." he replied sarcastically.

Jonghyun pouted, feeling so sorry after hearing what Kibum just said.

Kibum laughed seeing how the older looks like at that moment. He looks like a poor little puppy asking for his owner to forgive on something that he did wrong. "Hyung, I was just joking." he told him.

"But still.." Jonghyun tried to argue but got cut off by Kibum.

"It's okay, really." Kibum reassured him.

"Well, what about we go somewhere else?" Jonghyun asked him.

"Like where?" Kibum asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll see." Jonghyun looked at him and winked as he steps on the gas with a huge smile plastered on his face.

 

 

 

Classical music can be heard as the room got filled with some people who work for the company and other well-known businessmen and selected people from the media who gathered in order to witness the new CEO of the company. They are all eager to see and know how the chairman's son looks like since there have been rumors that he's extremely good looking. They are also curious about his background, especially on how wide his knowledge is about the company and if he can manage to do well as the company's CEO.

Krystal enters the room with some of her colleagues and looked around, searching for a certain feline. She greeted everyone she knows politely as she looks for Kibum but can't find him anywhere.

"Onew-oppa!" Krystal called the moment she saw the older walks in the room.

Onew walked to her with a smile. "Wow! You look gorgeous Krys." he complimented. 

Krystal smiled sweetly and thanked the older. "You look really handsome tonight too oppa!" she said back.

Onew chuckled at his friend's statement.

"By the way," Krystal started. "Have you seen Kibum-oppa?" she asked him.

"Kibum?"

Krystal nodded. "Yeah. They're supposed to be here by now. Him and that shorty." 

Onew just kept quiet and let out a nervous chuckle. "Oh that.."

"That shorty needs to be here already right? Since tonight's his night." Krystal added. "What's taking them so long? I'm excited to see Kibum-oppa."

Onew looks around the room and lets out a sigh. The lights started to dim as a woman who seems to be the MC of the event went up on the stage and introduced herself. Everyone's eyes are on her, and she announced that the event will be starting soon.

Onew bit his lip, contemplating whether to tell her or not but decided to do so in the end. "They're not coming, Krys."

 

 

After almost two hours of driving, Kibum and Jonghyun arrived at their destination. Kibum looked around as he unbuckles his seatbelt. "Where are we?" he asked the older.

"Daejeon." Jonghyun simply replied.

Kibum looked back at the older in shock. "What?"

"What?" Jonghyun asked.

"What are we doing here?" he Kibum asked.

Jonghyun shrugged as he loosened his tie. "I heard they have an observatory here, and well, stargazing at night would be nice right?" he smiled as he pointed at the observatory in front of them.

Kibum chuckled and petted Jonghyun's head. "Aigoo. You're unbelievable hyung." Kibum told him.

Jonghyun looks at Kibum who seem to be enjoying messing his hair now. "Ya, let's go before you make a birds nest with my hair."

Kibum nodded and followed Jonghyun as they both step out of the car and walked to the observatory with a light feeling in their hearts.

 

 

"WHAT?" Krystal half shouted upon hearing what Onew just said, making people around them looks at their direction.

Onew bowed nervously to those people and told Krystal to keep it down. 

"So you're telling me that Jonghyun-oppa won't be coming tonight because he doesn't want Kibum-oppa to think that he's a liar?" Krystal asked in a much lower tone.

Onew nodded. "Well, you know, no one knows except us two and he just kinda told Kibum that he's a friend of mine and whatnot." Onew explained. "Things happened, he didn't even expect that he'll draw close to Kibum, more even like him." 

Krystal let out a sigh, all of this information are giving her a headache. She actually thought that Kibum would at least have an idea about Jonghyun since the two are really close. "But what will he do now?"

"He asked me to give him a week." Onew told her. "He said he'll figure out something to tell Kibum about it."

"Aish! That shorty really.." she hissed.

"It's not really that easy Krys. You know how close those two hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter