Chapter Thirteen

Can You Keep A Secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He's weird. Yes. He is weird. That's what Kibum concluded. Kim Jonghyun is weird. Why would he ask for his number though? It's not like he's hitting on him or maybe he really is?

Kibum let out a sigh as he stare at the paper and pen sitting on his desk. The one Jonghyun left there telling him that he should have write down his phone number in that piece of paper once he comes back.

"Try writing your number here if it works" Jonghyun told him with a smile plastered on his face.

Kibum felt how his heart skip a beat when Jonghyun repeated those words. "What?" he asked for the second time still contemplating if he really heard it correctly.

Jonghyun tsked and rolled his eyes never believing that Kibum can be this slow. "Kibum, you heard it. I'm asking for your number okay?"

"Why would you?"

"Just because."

"What if I don't want to?" the younger asked.

Jonghyun looked up the ceiling for a second as if he's thinking deeply then looked at Kibum with that same smile he have earlier. "Then I'll keep asking you until you get tired of me and because you don't have any choice, you'll just have to give it to me in the end."

The younger looked at him as if Jonghyun is some kind of a crazy person but Jonghyun still gave him that smile he's giving him since he entered Kibum's office.

"Anyway!" Jonghyun said with a clap and stood up from his seat. "I need to go. I'll just leave it here okay? I want to see your phone number already written on that paper when I come back." and he started to walk to the office door

Kibum watched Jonghyun's back as he walked to the door still weighing his thoughts if he should say something or just let the older go.

"Oh, and one more thing." Jonghyun stopped from his tracks and looked back at Kibum. "Let's have lunch together okay? And I'm not taking no as an answer. See you later Kibum." he smiled one last, and stepped out of Kibum's office, leaving the younger dumbfounded.

"Aish!!" Kibum groaned as he grabbed the pen and paper and write down the number Jonghyun is asking for.

 

"Hyuuunnnggg!!" Jonghyun whined as he entered Jinki's office making the older dropped all the papers he was currently reading, suprised by the younger's sudden appearance.

Jonghyun looked at his surprised hyung sheepishly. "Oops. Sorry hyung." he apologized as he helped the older picked up all the papers he dropped.

Once all the papers are picked, Jinki looked at his cousin whose smile from ear to ear can't be hidden. "Okay, I can tell something good happened. Are you telling me or not?" he told the younger as he sits down on his chair behind his table and started to arrange the messed up papers.

"What? No. Nothing happened hyung." Jonghyun said innocently.

"Liar." Jinki stated.

"Okay. Okay." Jonghyun said, defeated. "It's just.. Ugh! It's Kibum."

"What about Kibum?" the elder asked.

"He's.. Well.." Jonghyun paused thinking what he should tell the older. "He's.."

"He's what Jonghyun?" the elder asked looking at the younger from the papers he was arranging.

"He's late today?" Jonghyun stated, more like questioned.

"Seriously?" Jinki asked amused. "You really are an idiot Jonghyun."

"What? Hyuuunnggg~ you're so mean." the younger whined again.

"Now tell me the real reason. If Kibum's late, I bet he have his reasons but it's not me who's monitoring his tardiness attendance I don't have any say about it." he explained.

Jonghyun took a deep breath and let it out before telling Jinki what happened. "WellIwenttoseeKibumandIkindaaskedhisphonenumber." he said continuously.

"What?" Jinki asked not understanding a thing from what the younger told him.

"IaskedKibum'sphonenumberbuthedidn'tgiveittomeyet." he said without pausing again.

"Jonghyun."

"ButI'mnotsureifhe'llgiveitmebutI'mconfidentthathewill." he continued.

"Jonghyun."

"AndohmygoshKibumwassocutewhenIaskedhimhisnumberand.."

"YA KIM JONGHYUN!!" Jinki half shouted, now catching tha younger's attention.

"Hmm?" Jonghyun asked as if he did nothing wrong.

"Can you just slow down? I did not even understand a thing but Kibum. And you sounded like a highschooler getting all giddy because of his crush."

The younger of the two looked at Jinki for a moment. "Of course not hyung." he defended himself. "I told you, I just wanted to be friends with Kibum."

Jinki raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't seem like it." he stated.

"Really hyung. Really." the younger insisted.

"If you say so then okay." the older responded. "But Jonghyun, I know you swing both ways and well, Kibum, I think he's-"

"Just friends hyung." Jonghyun interrupted not letting the older end his sentence.

"Fine."

 

 

Krystal stood up from her seat after she finish one part of the design she was working on. She's really glad that Kibum is helping her, Kibum sure is really talented and his ideas are all just amazing. "I hope Kibum-oppa would approve this." she mumbled to herself wanting to get the other's opinion about it.

She walked to Kibum's office with her sketch pad in hand.

"Krystal." Someone called her from behind. Looking back, he saw Jonghyun walking to catch up on her.

"Oh. Shorty!" she greeted getting a slight glare from the other. Well, of course, Jonghyun is already used to it. "You're here again."

"Where are you going?" Jonghyun asked as he is already beside Krystal.

"Jeez. You're short legs can't even catch up on me." Krystal teased and she laughed on her own joke.

"Not funny Krys" Jonghyun said as he rolled his eyes. "Where are you going?" he asked again.

"It is funny." Krystal chuckled. "Oh, and it's none of your business. What are you doing here though?"

"It's none of your business as well." Jonghyun answered.

The two walked side by side without knowing each others destination until they both stopped in front of the same door.

Krystal looked at Jonghyun skeptically, curious why would Jonghyun want to see Kibum.

"Hey." she called before the other opened the door. "Come see me for a minute." She asked as she walked on the other side of Kibum's office. Jonghyun following behind.

She stopped in front of the huge glass window with her sketch pad still in hand.

"I know it's not my business and I just met Kibum-oppa for like what, three days ago?" she started. "But I've been noticing something since the first day he was here, and you've also been here ever since. Would you mind feeding my curiousity?"

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked.

"You know what I mean."

Jonghyun looked out the window, taking in the view of the blue sky above. Sure, Jonghyun is a well known playboy by his family and circle of friends since he's always with different girls and sometimes, guys every week. He's never really had a real relationship since those people only wants his money even though they don't really know who Jonghyun is.

Jonghyun is not really a bad guy. Let's just say playing around is his way to rebel to his father since that old man always dictates what Jonghyun should be in the future.

"I don't care if you sleep around with people. Just as long as you do what I tell you Jonghyun." was what his father told him when he heard that Jonghyun was sleeping around and hanging out with different people.

"I hate you" was the words that slipped out from the mouth of a teen ager Jonghyun.

That statement his father had said hit a nerve on Jonghyun and made him continue what he already started.

"There's something special about him right?" Krystal asked snapping Jonghyun back to reality and away from his thoughts.

Jonghyun let out a sigh and nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter