Heart Skips a Beat

The Evil Flower Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy was working at the counter when surprisingly her crush approached and ordered. “K-Kai?” she stammered. Her heart pounded. Well, every time she sees Kai, it always does.

Kai smiled at her which made her heart pounded more. In the eyes of Suzy, Kai’s smile is the brightest.

He said, “Hi, Suzy. Can I order one Frappuccino and one Belgian waffle?”

Suzy smiled nervously while taking Kai’s order. “Y-yes, s-sure. J-just a minute.”

Kai waited until Suzy gave his order. “Thank you,” he said.

“You’re welcome,” Suzy replied with a big smile on her face. His smile. It’s always on her mind.

Before the thought of leaving, Kai asked Suzy, “Are you free after your work?”

Suzy’s jaw dropped. Her heart pounded a million times than before. This feeling. She wanted to feel this way every time she sees Kai. She nodded repeatedly. “Yeah. Why?”

“Because I think that guy over there,” he pointed Do Kyungsoo, who was sitting near the windowpane. He continued, “…wants to hang out with you. He keeps on looking at you.”

Oh, damn that poker-faced guy. It feels like her dreams to be with Kai shattered. She was disappointed. Blame the poker-faced Kyungsoo. She faked a chuckle. “No, that’s my best friend. He’s just waiting for me. We actually go home together.”

Suzy secretly glared at Kyungsoo and cursed him under her breath. Kyungsoo frowned obliviously, looking at Suzy.

Kai chuckled. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll get going now, Suzy. Thanks for the frappe and the waffle.”

“Yeah, anytime.”

 

After work, Kyungsoo and Suzy walked together in going home.

“Why are you glaring at me at the café?” Kyungsoo asked curiously. “You are throwing me death glares.”

“I’m glad it hit you,” Suzy replied angrily. Her face was frowning while she was kicking a stone along the street.

“What’s the matter? Did I do something wrong?”

Suzy stopped and crossed her arms above her chest, facing Kyungsoo. “Kai asked me if I’m free after work and I said yes. I was very very happy but then he just thought that you wanted to hang out with me after work.”

 Kyungsoo burst a laugh. “What the? You thought Kai wants to go on a date with you? That’s hilarious!”

 Suzy hit Kyungsoo’s arm. “It wasn’t funny!” Then she walked away.

He rubbed the arm hit by Suzy and followed her. “Hey, I’m just kidding. Geez. Don’t take it too seriously!”

“Blah. Blah. Blah. I’m not listening!” Suzy said while covering her ears and shaking her head.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Okay. I will just tell Kai that you like him.”

Suzy gasped and looked at Kyungsoo. “No! I’ll kill you if you do that!”

“Oh, are you saying something?” he teased.

“Aish! I’m serious! Don’t tell him! Please.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter