Saving a Life

The Evil Flower Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was at the kitchen, checking for food, while Suzy was about to exit the house to water the garden.

Suddenly, Kris ordered, “Hey, ert, boil the chicken soup Woohyun left in the refrigerator. Now.”

“Can I water the garden first?”

“Didn’t you hear me? I said NOW.” He was really cold and evil every time he talks to Suzy. He thinks that Suzy is his housemaid but well, actually, Suzy’s just a private-tutor. 

Suzy sighed and followed Kris’s order.

She was starting to boil the soup while Kris was watching a Chinese movie. Well, his father is a Chinese while his mother is a Korean. He is fluent in both languages.

After she finished boiling the soup, Suzy placed it in a bowl and served it to Kris. “Here’s your soup. I’m not sure if that’s a chicken soup though.”

“I don’t need your opinion. The vendor said that this is a chicken soup so shut up.”

Suzy shrugged and headed outside the house.

Kris started to take his first sip of the soup. “It tastes weird.”

He shrugged and continued sipping until he was satisfied. Then later, he started coughing. He rubbed his chest and started to breathe hardly.

Before ending up dying, he finally called Suzy, “ert! Help me! I can’t breathe.”

Suzy didn’t seem to hear him so he called as louder as he could, “BAE SUZY!”

“What now?” Suzy asked and went back inside the house. Seeing Kris in a bad situation, she hurriedly ran towards him. “Omo! Kris! What’s happening to you?”

“I can’t…breathe…i..diot!”

Suzy rubbed Kris’s back and said, tensed, “Have a deep breathe first. Inhale…” She was rattled. “I don’t think this will work. Where’s your car key? I’ll drive you to the hospital.”

Kris shakily withdrew his car key inside his pocket and gave it to Suzy.

 

{#}

Kris was lying on the hospital bed, sleeping, while Suzy was sleeping on the couch beside the bed. The doctor told Suzy that Kris had an allergic reaction. Thank goodness, Suzy brought him in the hospital earlier. She saved a life. The allergic reaction must be with the soup. Suzy was very sure that it wasn’t a chicken soup but Kris insisted. It was a seafood soup.

Later, Kris woke up. He saw Suzy sleeping so she took one piece of grape fruit from the table beside his bed and threw it on Suzy’s face. It did hit her cheek which made her woke up.

She took off her eyeglasses and rubbed her eyes with the back of her palm. “Oh. You’re awake now.”

Kris saw Suzy’s face without the eyeglasses. Indeed, she has a beauty that hides behind those round eyeglasses. “Don’t tell anyone about this.”

Suzy wore her eyeglasses back. “Okay. Even your friends?”

“Yeah. I don’t want them to worry about me. You better go home now. I can already take care of myself. Give me my car keys.”

Suzy rubbed her nape and said nervously, “About your car…”

Kris frowned. “What about my car?”

“I-I accidentally b-bumped it on a wall while I was parking. Hehe,” she stammered, feeling sorry.

“WHAT?!” he fumed. “Don’t you know that fixing m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter