Stay A While?

Heartstrings

"Hair up. Hair down. Hm" 

You pulled at your wavy locks, trying to achieve the perfect look.

"Gaehyo, come here sweetie!" 

You heard the scrabbling of claws on the laminate flooring as your pug came running towards you.

"What should I do?~" 

The puppy was lifted in the air, nose to nose. 

"Up?"

She gave a unhappy grunt in answer.

"Down then?" 

You shook your head, causing your hair to tumble down your back. This reaction was better; her stubby legs began to twitch, tail like a metronome, tongue lulling out in her signature 'Mum, I'm happy!' smile.

"Aww, who's a good girl!" 

Placing the dog down gently, you waltzed over to the mirror, pulling on your favourite black beanie.

There you were, clad in a navy midi dress paired with a denim jacket and your old worn converses.

"Hm, I suppose this isn't so bad" 

You whispered, leaning towards the mirror, pushing your eyelashes upwards with your finger. You reached for the guitar, swinging the strap around your shoulder, taking a breath before picking up the notebook. 

"Okay Gaehyo, wish me luck!" 

The small animal begun to spin on its hind legs.

"Hwaiting, hwaiting~"

You squeaked, imitating your pet.

***

Seoul city seemed fairly quiet today, just the way you liked it. Passing the shops, you glanced through the window, stopping when you spotted a familiar face, surrounded by a group of young girls. 

"Seungri~"

"Annyeong! Wow. You look gorgeous!~" 

Giving a slight bow, you continue down the road, leaving your elder to deal with his fangirls. At the end of the street, there was a small residential building, where many YG artists stayed, due to the closeness of the building. This was where Winner lived. Adjusting your hat, you pushed the button for apartment three, attempting to make some kind of tune. A short while later, you heard footsteps and the door creaked open to reveal a sleepy-looking Mino. Upon seeing your face grinning up at him, he burst into life. 

"Ah! Lil' G! Look at you, even more beautiful than the last time I saw you!~"

That was two days ago. You sighed merrily, shaking your head. He flung his arms around you, causing your face to squash against his chest. 

"Ahha, annyeong Mino" 

He released you, a mix of confusion and happiness plastered on his face.

"What brings you here? Have you come to see me?" 

He winked, wiggling his brows.

"Ah, actually, oppa, Seung Yoon left his guitar back in the building, I thought I'd bring it-"

Stopping mid-sentence, you noticed the way Mino was looking at you, arms crossed, leaning against the wall. A replica image of how Seungri had looked earlier.

"You're such a sweetie, Lil' G" 

And with that, he reached for your hand, dragging you into the building.

***

Mino took you into the boys' living space, where he gestured towards Seung Yoons bedroom, warning you of the state it was in. You knocked twice, entering after a series of mumbled sounds. 

"Seung Yoon?"

He immediately fell off his bed, landing on the floor, head to his knees. He was shirtless, not an uncommon thing for him, but it still made you blush slightly.

"What are you doing? Im not gonna hurt you, idiot~"

He raised his head slightly and then began to scan upwards, a grin springing to his face as he got to his feet and slumped on his bed.

"You forgot your guitar when you ran away from me earlier" 

You slipped the strap off your shoulder and handed it to him.

"Ah, thank you!" 

Genuinely relieved, he placed the guitar on his knee, giving it a gentle strum.

"-and this." 

You pulled the small notebook from your jacket, causing his cheeks to burn pink. He quickly snatched it from your hand, looking extremely sheepish as he flicked through the pages.

"You-you didn't look in here, did you?" 

He was avoiding your eyes. You squinted slightly. 

"No, why? What do you have in there?"

"N-nothing! Well, just a few songs, nothing interesting"

You watched him for a second, wondering how to make the situation less awkward. 

"Seung Yoon, can I hear one?"

His face lit up, eyes sparkling in the dim light. Sitting up, he gave a scratch at his  bare stomach, and patted the bed beside him. You obliged, sitting close to him as he adjusted his guitar. Flattening the page, he revised the lyrics, ensuring that the book was out of view. He cleared his throat, piping out a few notes to which you gave an amused grin. He glanced at you, his eyes lingering on your lips before he quickly turned away. Reaching towards his beside table, he seized the metallic pick, twirling it around on his fingers before bringing it to his guitar. You fell mesmerised as the boy beside you began to play. Soft words leaking from his lips in that beautiful velvet-like tone. You could feel a warmth becoming in your chest as you focused on the words. It hit you; this wasn't just one of Seung Yoons normal songs. This was a deep, heartfelt love song. Attempting to divert any attention to your reddening face, you began to sway from side to side, Seung Yoon began to smile. 

"The way you act, the things you say, you don't know how you make me feel, so warm inside, girl if I could just call you mine. Mine~ Mi-ine~ If I could just say those words, how perfect the world would be"

The sudden burst of power made your heart pound. Those lyrics, he really meant them? You stared in awe at him as he finished his heartfelt performance with a few gentle chords, taking a moment before turning to face you, face slightly flushed.

"Ah, you didn't like it?"

He grimaced, unsure of how to react to your silence.

"It was beautiful" 

You looked down at your lap as you spoke your next sentence.

"Who is it about?"

You looked directly into his eyes, causing him to squirm slightly.

"Uh. Whats with that question?!" 

He let out a sigh turning his head, shutting the book and setting his gaze at the window to the Seoul cityscape.

"Seung Yoon?"

You shifted slightly, awaiting his reply.

"Yeah?" 

His glance did not change; he did not look at you.

"The book. I kinda lied."

His shoulders rolled forward, presenting a barrier around his face.

"You looked?"

"Im sorry, I know its your private things, but I just wanted to see"

"Its okay"

Sighing, he got to his feet, placing the pick upon his shelf.

"Who are the drawings of?" 

This sentence startled him, you could tell by his uncomfortable body language.

"I-I-This girl- I-" 

He took a deep breath and kneeled on the floor in front of you, so that he could give you full eye-contact.

"The truth is-"

The door flung open, Taehyun stood there, avoiding coming into the room, for fear of tripping over the mess.

"Seung Yoon, put your shirt on, you pig, we have a lady in the house!"

He gave you a wide smile, always so charming.

"Anyway, I came to tell you, I just made some dinner" 

He gestured behind him, where Mino, Jinwoo and Seunghoon were already sat.

"You're welcome to stay, if you don't have any plans?"

How could you resist that face? You nodded, and he held out his hand to assist you to your feet. As you left, you glanced back at Seung Yoon, still red-faced, avoiding your eye contact as he pulled on his shirt. You felt kinda bad, having being interrupted just as he was about to say something, something that maybe you wanted to hear. 

***

The other members greeted you as you walked in, they always made you feel welcome. Slowly, they each made their way to the table, Seung Yoon sheepisly wandering in, ruffling his hair as he walked, taking the seat on the left corner. You stood by the sofa, unsure of what to do, you became flustered. Taehyun was the first to notice this, looking up with a concerned face. Mino also caught on.

"Ah, come sit down! No need to be shy, we're family, right?" 

He gave a toothy grin, waving his hand at the free seat opposite Seung Yoon, who squirmed yet again. 

"Sit chingu!~"

You smiled, you didnt really want the boys to pick up on the awkwardness between you and Seung Yoon. You worried that perhaps they'd pick on him if they knew. You took your place, smiling politely, taking a deep breath of the deliciously scented air. 

"Ahh! Smells so good!" 

Lifting his spoon to his lips, Mino took a slurp, and swallowed. 

"Eat up then, Lil' G! Sounds like you need it from after the training i've heard you've been doing" 

"Oh yes, I was going to ask, how has that been going?" 

Jinwoo tucked his napkin into his shirt

"We're doing really well so far, Seungri and I have been practicing the routine for his tour, it's looking really good!"

You spotted a smirk creeping onto Seung Yoons face, your eyes narrowed threateningly, but this only encouraged him. The same heavy laughter as before, causing the boys to startle. 

"What's so funny?"

Taehyun enquired, feeling left out of the supposed joke. You shot a dirty look across the table, and the laughter died down. The other members turned to face you, brows raised. You gave a sigh.

"Seung Yoon saw the practice earlier, it didn't go completely without incident" 

You tugged on the sleeve of your dress, revealing your badly bruised shoulder. Seung Yoons previously smug face contorted in concern.

"Ah! Honey!" 

Jinwoo jumped to his feet, reaching for the freezer, grabbing a large ice pack. 

"That looks nasty!" 

Seunghoon gave his junior a rough nudge before leaning over to take a closer look. Jinwoo passed the ice to you and returning to his seat, glaring at Seung Yoon, who was trying to keep a low profile by sticking his face in his meal.

"Training is hard. I can't even begin to tell you how many injuries we got, especially Seung Yoon." 

At the mention of his name, his head rose, poking his tongue out at Taehyun, who had confiscated the ice and was now holding it to your shoulder.

"Im not going to give up though! Hwaiting!"

"Hwaiting!" 

They repeated, raising their glasses.

"Hwaiting" 

He stared deeply into your eyes from across the table, your heart began to pound loudly in your chest. The rest of the table shared the same confused expression.

***

After the meal you curled up on the sofa between Mino and Taehyun, whilst Seung Yoon occupied the armchair, scanning a collection of paper, occasionally glancing up to look jealously at his peers.

"-so you guys are on the tour as well?! Awesome! Seungri's going to be busy, so we can hang out together"

"It's gonna be great, chilling with my Lil' G!" 

Innocent excitement was present in Minos voice. 

"I think I could even convince sajang-nim to let us perform together!"

"Yeah~" 

You and Taehyun chorused.

"We can start preparing a routine in the morning! You're a great dancer, chingu, maybe some of your talent will rub off on Yoonie" 

He turned to wink at his senior, a paper ball colliding with his face. 

"Not this again. Why must you always lash out?~"

You teased.

"Hyung, why do you hate me?~"

You and Taehyun had always made the perfect team when irritating Seung Yoon was the task. 

"Why cant you show me your cute side?~" 

He continued, rising to his feet. 

"Oi~" 

Seung Yoon played along

"Taehyunnie wants me to be cute?~"

He took advantage of the free space next to you, pulling you close to him.

"Ah chingu, we must be aegyo for Taehyun-oppa!" 

Both of you wrinkled your noses, inflating your cheeks and opening your eyes wide.

"Oppa, oppa, we are cute, yes?" 

Your allegiance had changed.

Taehyuns lean body began to shake, a melodic chuckle leaking from his lips. 

"Stop it you two, you're making me hot"

And with that, he left the room, collecting the dishes and carrying them to the kitchen area. When the laughter had died down, you were left with your head against Seung Yoons shoulder, his arm wrapped around your back, resting gently on your hip. 

"Oh, Yoonie" 

You sighed, patting his chest. His face formed that smile that you were ever so fond of, maintaining eye contact with you. It became awkward. His eyes suddenly darted away, face glowing warmly.

***

The evening drew in. The boys were beginning to tire, no longer having the energy to tease each other.

"Guys, I better get going, its late"

"I'll walk you home" 

Mino offered, you shook your head, politely declining. 

"It's fine, you guys get some sleep, I don't need a bodyguard!~" 

You turned towards the door, where Seung Yoon was stood, already pulling on his coat. 

"Hurry up!~" 

He beckoned to you.

You opened your mouth to object, but the smile that appeared on his face soon stopped you. Sighing you head towards him, grabbing your jacket and sliding it over your body.

"Have fun kids~"

Mino used the last of his strength to smirk at Seung Yoon, who retorted with a series of gestures as he closed the door behind you.