Guitars & Bruised Pride

Heartstrings

"Seungri, don’t eat so much ice cream, you’ll feel sick during the dance rehearsals"

Your elder turned to you, face covered in the sweet, pink liquid. 

"Ah, what are you saying! You’re just jealous"

He beamed down at you, wiping the cream from his lips, proceeding to lift the cone towards you, offering a . You resisted your first thought of pushing it in his face and gently took it from him, nibbling the edges of the cone, avoiding the dangerously-cold substance. You never did like the coldness of ice cream, the cone was definitely the best part.

You were on your way back to the dancehall, where you had been practicing for a significant amount of the day. Seungri seemed to be less enthusiastic than yourself, although you assumed that was due to his experience; he knew that there was plenty more practice yet to come. You were aware that he was still enjoying it though, enjoying the time spent with his 'younger sister', although he wasn’t making it very easy for you with his constant distracting and teasing. But that was Seungri, just the way he has always been.

 "Shuu shuu du bu duu chau chau~"

"Seungri-"

"Chau chau shuu du bu duu!~"

"Shut up, Seungri."

You sighed as his volume increased even more so. He had raced ahead of you, and was now dancing in the narrow corridor. 

"I knew you shouldn’t of had that ice cream. Now you have a sugar rush and I'm going to have to put up with you"

He grinned, stepping closer to bump your forehead with his nose.

"Hush hush, you’re such a spoil sport~ Have some fun!~"

His hands clamped on your wrists, pulling your arms in the air, for them to sway side to side.

 "Ahh, you’re so silly! Ahh~" 

He always knew how to make you laugh. You stopped to catch your breath, and grabbed his right hand.

"Come on, we'all run out of time if you carry on like this! And I want my dancing to be flawless for your concert"

He leant his head to the side. You tugged roughly on his sleeve, making his head lull backwards. Again you pulled, causing him to fall forwards, nearly over, his foot swiftly stepping forward before he lost balance.

"Ahh, you're so rough with me~" he meekly whined.

Not that you were listening, you had already dragged him to the end of the corridor, to the white door of the dance studio              

He slumped against it, a lame attempt to open it.

"Seungri-oppa, wakey wakey~"

"No, no~"

You took a deep breath that filled you lungs, opening your mouth wide.

"Naegero wa bwa, nae simjangi neoreul bureugo isseo"

You pelted out the lyrics to VVIP, hoping to provoke a slightly in or engine any reaction. A cheeky smile creept across the mans' drowsy face.           

"Idaero na wa, Neol wihan sesang soge momeul matgyeo"

His eyes sprung open.





"Ooh, oh, oh, oh, ooh, oh, oh, oh"

You both screamed at the top of your voices, directing the song at one another.

"Okay, okay~ I'm awake!" 

He took you under his arm, pulling you into his chest, protecting you from the door as he bashed through it




 

"Get off me"

Writhing, you succeeded in escaping the headlock and walked over toward the back wall.

You leaned over to turn on the speaker, but as you did so, you noticed something. There was a glass divide between the studio and a small viewing room on the other side. The green calico sofa that was usually unoccupied was no longer free. You squinted, aware that there was some sort of life sat upon it. Stepping closer, you held your face a few centimeters from the glass.

It was definitely human, the figure of a male peer, clearly distinguished by the YG logo emblazoned upon the chest of his loose T-shirt. You were given a slight shock when the figure shuffled slightly, allowing you to see his face. It was a face that you knew well. Kang Seung Yoon. Resting peacefully in the middle of the afternoon, notebook and guitar lay on the floor beside him. The image made you feel warm inside, if you could just watch for a while- 

"Ahh, is he asleep? Shall we wake him?"

Seungri had crept up behind you. His eyes darted between the sleeping boy and your crimson face. 

"I know that look."

He prodded your nose with his finger. 

"Shut up"

You turned away and walked to the center of the room. Seungri took another glance at the sofa before shaking his head and leaning down to turn on the speakers. 

He spun on his heels a few seconds later, hands on hips, head lifted high, smirking , Your bounced on your knees, retaining your laughter. 

"Okay-"

You remove your baggy hoodie, tying it around your hips, leaving you with a small grey vest top. After several deep breaths, you took a stance. 

"-ready."

The beat kicked in, your senior gracefully shuffled towards you, head bowed. Upon reaching you, he flung his head up, swinging an arm across his chest

"May I have this dance?"

He chuckled mellowly.You took his free hand and begun spinning in his arms.

"2. 3. 4. Up. 5. 6. 7. 8. Down. Spin, spin, spin. Up"

Finally, Seungri was taking it seriously. It came to your verse; he stood behind you, arms crossed over your chest as you sang into your non-existant microphone.

"No way, boy, I'd leave you. No one could make me leave you, no, theres not a chance. No way~" 

"No way~" 

Seungri chipped in.

"No way-y-y-y~"

The beat dropped, his arms gripped your shoulders as he spun you around.

You performed the rest of the routine with near-perfect timing. Until-

"Ah, ah, this is the ending!"

"Okay!"

You leapt into your seniors arms, your hands reaching out to grasp around his neck. You missed. His grip on you slipped, sending your upper body towards the hardwood floor. 

"Ahh! Are you okay?! Oppa is sorry!" 

Seungri immediately dropped to the floor, cradling your back. 

"Ah, uh, I'm okay.."

You smiled weakly, wanting not to cause him any worry.

"You're sure?" 

Relief gradually passed over his face. 

"I don't think we should practice anymore today, we don't want you injured before your debut!"

He chuckled to himself, holding out his hand to help you up. You brushed yourself off, a small red mark present on your shoulder.

"Do you want some ice? It'll stop the bruising"

His brows were furrowed as a pang of guilt hit his chest. You shook your head gently and slinked over to the speaker, now blaring a random song from Winners latest album. 

"Off~" 

You commanded, jabbing at the button. As you rose, you stole a glimpse through the glass. Seung Yoon was no longer slumped on the sofa, but was now bolt upright, staring straight back at you. You froze, thoughts spinning in your mind, taunting you. Noting your growing embarrassment, he erupted in deep laughter, audible though the glass. He'd seen.

"Kang Seung Yoon!"

You smacked the flats of you hands against the glass, stopping him mid-chuckle. He knew better than to get on the wrong side of you. He jumped to his feet and made for the exit, snatching up his hat and shooting a quick wink at you before he disappeared. 

"Seung Yoon! You get back here right now!"

 You screamed, ing open the studio door, to chase after him.

"Ah, wait!"

Seungri called after you, having been ignored for the past five minutes 

"Please try not to kill him! It's bad for your image!"

Dashing into the viewing room, you spot the guitar and notebook still on the floor. He must've been in a rush to have left them. You leant down, delicately the cover with your our fingertips. You struggled to think of a time you had seen Seung Yoon without a notebook. You perched on the arm of the sofa, flicking through the pages. Pages of lyrics, unsurprisingly, but also a few intricate sketches, of young women. One young woman. Your eyes grew wide.

"Seungri, look at these."

You held the book out to your senior, who had followed you into the room.

"Woah! These are amazing! Wait." 

He held up the last page, looking at you. 

"This is you. He's been drawing you. It looks like these took some time, too!"

You were lost for words, completely frozen in your place.

"But why.Why would he draw me."

The face of your sunbae was graced with a gentle smile.

"We both know you don't need to ask why."

His voice was in a soothing, somewhat knowledgeable tone. He passed the sketchbook back to you, the cold hardcover shocking you out of your trance.

"I'll call him, he'll come pick them up later"

"No, i'll take them to him"

It felt like the words weren't coming from your mouth; You wanted to go and see him? Wouldn't that be just a little bit awkward? 

"Okay, whatever you want to do, kitten~" 

You giggled nervously as the older man left the room.

"Ah. Okay. It's going to be fine, you'll just not mention about the book" 

You begun to think up a plan in your head, pulling the guitar strap over your shoulder and pressing the book against your chest, you gave a small happy sigh before skipping back to your dorm for a quick change of clothes.