Stupid Boy

Heartstrings

"1,2,3,4- Wrong! Start again!"

Seungri sat next to you against the back wall of the dance studio, screaming directions at the five boys as the performed their routine. They rocked up as you had both been practicing, also wanting to use the room, supposedly unaware that it was being occupied. This was clearly a lie, you could see it in Seung Yoons grinning face as he waltzed in. Probably after another laugh at your expense. So you set to sharing the space, using the situation to your advantage, bouncing ideas off each other as well as enjoying each others company. Seungri took great pleasure in his new-found power, strutting around as if he was a renowned choreographer, picking holes in every part of the routine.

"-no, don't go to the left, you have to come this way when you do that"

"What? To the right?"

"No, no! Like this!"

He jumped around, attempting to express his thoughts. The group copied, but he still remained displeased.

"Ah- Why can't you do it?! I'm just gonna qui- My darling dong-saeng!~ You know this move, come here!"

You glanced around, avoiding the snickers from your peers as you rose to your feet.

"What move?" 

Shoving you hands in your pockets, you walked up to stand between the young men, glaring at the elder.

"Oi, why are you guys looking at me so menacingly?! I just want you to do well!"

They sighed, shaking their heads submissively. He performed the movement once more, you nodded vigorously, moving to a space.

"Like this-"

You swung your arm violently, nearly popping it out of the socket as you moved your body. You looked back to the boys.

"Ahh! Got it!"

 They all beamed at you, patting your shoulders before each achieving a perfect replica and returning to their places.

"So you understand her?! Funny that. I suppose my body isn't interesting enough for you to pay attention to?"

You aimed a punch at the elders shoulder as he ran his hands down his sides, placing them on his hips and sauntering up to the other males, at their faces.

"If I'm like this, will you pay attention to me?"

He pouted at Seung Yoon, who was avoiding his glance by looking over at you, slightly crooked smile present on his face.

"Alright, enough! Sit!"

You clutched at his hand, pulling him back to his seat, nodding at the boys to continue.

***

"See, much better!"

They had completed the routine without another peep from Seungri, mostly due to your threatening grip on his shoulder.

"I am such a good teacher."

He took a swig from his water bottle, Mino lifting his foot to tap the base, causing it to leak from the sides, the elder spluttering as he got to his feet. He chased after the younger, offering a 'wet hug' before leaving the room in an attempt to find something to dry himself with. 

***

That this was the end of your resting period,. You attempted to bring your mass of hair into a bun, with limited success. Several hands wrapped around your waist and arms, two more grabbing at your ankles. You tried to turn, but your body was soon rendered useless as you were lifted into the air by the men. They brought you to the centre of the room, dropping you gently on the floor. You sat there on the laminate for a while, looking up innocently.

"You wanna dance?"

"Party girl~"

"Choom, choom, Lil' G"

"Dance with oppa!"

You blinked a few times, finally being lifted to your feet and straight into Taehyuns arms. He took one of your hands, raising it to shoulder height, placing his other hand on your waist. Smiling, you give a gentle nod, stepping into his body and placing your hand gently on his shoulder. You glided toe to toe with the maknae, the boys watching over you as you repeatedly stumbled, missing a few steps and falling into each other.

"Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye!"

Taehyun pulled you under his arm as you turned to face Mino. His face wore that same cheeky grin. 

"My turn!"

He pranced over, wrapping his arms around your waist, lifting you off your feet, spinning as he dragged you to the centre of the room.

He glared into your eyes, you stared right back, grins reflected by each other, eyebrows raised. You knew what was coming.

"-Leggo!"

You both exclaimed, springing to life, shuffling side to side like crabs, making random gestures with your arms. You swung back together, performing some kind of hopscotch motion. 

"ho ho ho-"

"-bow wow"

"Clap, clap, clap"

"-and one, two, three"

You ended, pulling on each others faces as children do.

"What on earth was that?"

Seung Yoon was flabbergasted, gazing at you both with an intrigued expression.

"Well, you remember that time you guys ditched us when we went to visit the junior trainees?"

The group nodded sheepishly.

"They wanted to practice with us, so they made up a routine!"

"You guys are jealous of our swag"

Mino sauntered over to the back wall, snatching up a bottle of water, his teeth still fully displayed. The rest of the group continued to chuckle openly, Seung Yoon sneaking over to your side and pressing your palm with his warm fingertips. You pushed against him gently, his body supporting the weight of you both.

"I think that we should have a special dance too"

He whispered into your ear, leaning his head forward to show his angelic grin. You giggled in reply, catching the attention of the other members.

***

"Is he even coming back?"

Jinwoo glanced aimlessly around the room, scanning each face.

"I don't know"

Seung Yoon stepped forward, still in possession of your hand as he dragged you along with him. 

"Maybe he got caught up with something?"

You suggested, earning nods of agreement from the boys.

"Why don't we practice White Love whilst we wait?"

"Yeah~"

You chorused together. Seung Yoon let go of your hand as you spun violently into the centre of the room, rising to your tip toes and gently swinging your arms upwards. When all attention was on you, your glossy pink tongue made an appearance, your feet spreading outwards, moving into a squat position. Seunghoon chuckled, prodding at your nose.

"And people think we're the weird ones? They never suspect the ulzzang girl"

"Are you sure she's not related to you, hyung?~"

The maknae teased at Mino, elbowing him gently. Seunghoon skipped over to speakers, tapping melodically at the small device attached to them, before returning to his place beside his fellow rapper.

***

Again, you achieved a near-perfect routine. 

"Aye, we're getting better at this!"

Congratulating each other, you were pulled into yet another group hug. Upon your release, you strode over to the wall to retrieve your drink, whilst the boys began to chitter behind you. You turned, eyeing them suspiciously as the tried to hide their mischievous smirks. Jinwoo gave in, spinning into Minos arms. 

"No way, boy, I'd leave you, no one could make me leave you, no theres not a chance, no way-"

He squeaked, mimicking the new duet between Seungri and yourself.

"Oi!"

You whined in an attempt to put an end to the mockery. They persisted, the small hyung now cradled against the rapper, the three others twirling angelically behind them. 

"Stop it- That's not how it goes!"

They stopped in their places. Taehyuns grin was visible over Minos shoulder.

"Show us then."

He pushed forward to stand in front of you. Tapping a foot, you glared up at him, finally letting out a smirk.

"Fine. I need a partner."

Seunghoons hand grasped around the wrist of the leader, flinging him forward so that he landed on his knees beside Taehyun. You looked down at him, offering a hand to assist him up. He shook his head a few times, ran his fingers through his hair and gripped tightly onto you, almost pulling you to the floor. He gave a few disgruntled snorts before stepping to your side.

"Keep calm twinkle-toes, we'll stick to the last bit"

You gave him a shove as he giggled, before pulling him closer, so that he was pressed against your back. 

"Okay, so we start off with your hands on my hips-"

"What?!"

The smile soon disappeared as the other members began to howl, their way of encouraging the leader.

"Don't be a wuss!"

You attempted to grab for his hands, but he quickly snatched them away. You were about to turn to snap at him, but he quickly slapped his palms on your hips, letting out a loud snort as he did so.  Seunghoon howled once more and the younger began to blush heavily, his hands loosening slightly. You begun to sing, swaying your hips from side to side, reaching a hand to his cheek, which was warm to the touch. You took possession of his hands, moving them to the lyrics.

"-that's so perfect for me-"

You turned swiftly, now nose-to-nose with his grinning face.

"-as you"

"As you~"

He repeated, now fully relaxed and taking it in his stride.

"As you-oh-oh-ooh-" 

Harmonising as you got to the final chorus, you gave each other a nod, preparing for the tricky manoeuvre. You leapt at him, his strong arms supporting your lower body as you reached around his neck, flipping a foot in the air in the final pose. The 'music' stopped, Seung Yoon stared into your eyes, his grin widening as you brought your forehead towards his, hugging each other tightly as he lowered you to the floor. 

"Woah, that was so cool!"

The other members began to applaud, all grinning. A sudden tap on the shoulder caused Seung Yoon to jump. Seungri had re-entered, amused smirk plastered on his still-damp face.

"Very well done! But, if you don't mind, I'd like to take my dance partner back"

He gave a wink, one arm reaching around your waist and pulling you close, the other hand giving the guitarist a few slaps on the back. The reply to this was a quick flash of his tongue.

"Since when did I belong to you?"

You gave the elder a jab in the ribs, escaping whilst he was off-guard. 

"Anyway-"

You glanced at the clock, twitching your head in its direction, then turning in the direction of the door, where a small group of trainees were waiting.

"I think we should get going, we're hogging the room"

The men also glanced at the door, quickly gathering their belongs and following you out of the room. 

"Hey, I wanna go work out, anyone wanna join me?"

You anticipated a less-than-excited reaction, but the reply you received far surpassed this; low groans and avoidance.

"Come on!"

"Well-"

Taehyun raised his brows, apparently taking interest in the idea.

"Just us two? No one else?"

"Fine, I'll come too. Maybe I can teach you how to lift"

Seung Yoon gave a cheeky smile, poking at your bicep. You hissed at him, turning towards the other boys.

"And the rest of you?"

"Nah, nah, we're out!"

And with that, all four of them quickly vanished down a long hall towards the exit. 

"Shall we?"

Taehyun offered his arm, mirrored on your other side by the guitarist.

"We shall!"

Arm-in-arm, the three of you strode off in the direction of the stairs, navigating your way to the gymnasium. 

***

Pushing through the door, you recognise Bom, apparently working out alone. Seung Yoon dragged you closer, the woman looked up, noticing your presence.

"Bommie~"

Stepping from the machine, she smiled, reaching her arms around the three of you, giggling into your ear.

"Ah, have you come to join me?"

Taehyun nodded, setting down his bag in the corner. Seung Yoon glanced around at the equipment, his stare holding on the weights as he smirked at his bandmate.

"Oi- Fancy a challenge?"

You sighed as the two of them began a battle to see who could lift the most. Bom led you over to the running machines, still smiling fondly.

"So, how is dance practice going?"

She gave a few taps at the panel, starting the machine.

"Really well!" 

You gave a nod before continuing.

"Well, as well as it can go when I have to dance with these apes"

You gestured in the direction of the boys, who were now struggling with some of the larger weights, failing to impress either of you. Bom let out a small chuckle, giving you a little wink. The machines gradually reached peak speed, leaving you both running at full power. From the corner of your eye you caught sight of the boys, now given up on the weights and whispering between stolen glances as you moved. Jabbing the stop button, you stepped off the machine, folding your arms and giving your most menacing expression.

"You guys are such erts!"

With the additional mehrong from the other woman, you moved onto the mats. Deciding that it was a neccesary skill, Bom began to force you into a split-position, again causing more laughter from the men, this time ignored.

"See, I find it relaxing-"

She quickly eased herself into the same position beside your squirming self.

"I can't-"

You fell forward, your legs springing back to their normal place.

"You know what you need? Yoga."

Getting back to her feet, she hushed your disgruntled groans, lifting your legs and pushing against them. In an attempt to distract yourself from the pain, you began to sing in broken notes, causing your motivator to stop, giggling loudly as she helped you to your feet. She repeated your sounds, teasing you.

"Ah, you're being mean!"

"Sorry, so-rry! Please don't cry~"

A thought struck you and you seized the moment to impress your elder.

"-daeum sesangeseo kok dashi manna~"

You tried your hardest to pelt out the lyrics to one of your favourite songs. Bom stared back at you for a moment, her hands slowly reaching together to applaude you. You could hear praise coming from the benches also.

"Wah~ You sing it beautifully!"

She bounced around you, pleased with your rendition.

"Do you know You and I?"

Her eyes were full of excitement, her hands gripping your own.

"Uh-"

You cleared your throat, still glowing with pride as you took a few seconds to recall the lyrics. She smiled warmly, giving an encouraging nod. You began slowly.

"-oneul geudae wihae i norae booleoyo-"

Bom moved her head to your voice, still grinning proudly. You took the chorus with great gusto, stretching your voice to it's limits.

"-apeumiboyeoyo~ You and I together, it just feels so right~ Ibyuliran maleulhaedo, geu nuga mweorahaedo nan geudael jikilgae-"

"-You and I together, nae du soneul nochijima-"

A low voice stopped you from continuing. Seung Yoon wrapped his arms around your waist, joining in your display.

"-naegae i saesangeun ojik neo hanagiae~

He finished the chorus, resting his head against your shoulder. You gazed sideways at him, appreciative of the sudden duet. Taehyun appeared at Boms side and the two sighed softly, omniscient smirks present of their faces. You took no notice, you were too busy laughing at the foolish boy who was now rocking you side to side.

"Oi, she was doing really well-"

"You ruined it"

Seung Yoon lifted his head slightly, replying to the teasing with his tongue, before moving back to press his cheek against your own. You patted your hand against the side of his head. Taehyun reached over to grasp your arm, dragging you over to the water dispenser in the corner of the room. He took a slow sip from a cup, eyeing you.

"What?"

You were still grinning from the interaction, swaying slightly. He pulled you toward him,  cuddling you against his side. Looking up, you catch the maknaes eyes, staring right back into your own. He leant forwards, mere centimetres away from your face, and whispered softly.

"Tell me, what are your feelings towards him?"

You paused as he reached his hand to gently tuck a loose hair behind your ear.

"Well, from your tone you sound like you already know-"

You glanced towards Bom, who was feigning interest in the street view in an attempt to hide her eavesdropping. Her smirk was a dead give away. You turned back to Taehyun.

"Did she-"

You snatched up a nearby towel, tossing it across the room at the woman, hitting her directly in the face. 

"Bommie!"

Seung Yoon gave a deep chuckle, raising his eyebrows at you.

"Oh, what has noona done now?~"

"She- Uh-"

Words failed you. You looked towards the others, pleading for help.

"Noona accidently told me a secret"

"What was it?"

He stood up, walking towards you.

"Uh- We can't tell you! It wouldn't be a secret if we did!"

Bom quickly cut in, trying to make up. Luckily Seung Yoon just shrugged it off, settling beside you. The other boy continued to smirk over his drink.

"Hey, it's getting late, shall I walk you home?"

You nodded, waving at your peers before allowing yourself to be escorted from the room.

***

Time slipped away so quickly as you walked arm-in-arm back to your dormitory in near-silence. When you were a few paces away from the door, his hand dropped to your lower back, turning you to face him.

"I'll-" 

He let out a small smile 

"-see you tomorrow"

You raised an eyebrow at his questionable tone. He gave a small chuckle, blinking slowly before he leant towards you, his glittering orbs locked onto your own. Lifting your hand, you gave a small tug on your ear lobe, which was now burning red from the intensifying blush. He reached for your fingers, pulling them against his chest. You startled slightly, only causing his smile to broaden. His face gradually moved closer to your own. You took a deep breath, your eyes widening.

"Seung-"

His forehead gently bumped against your own, his face tilting to the side as he closed his eyes. It was like your heart just stopped for those milliseconds. You plucked up the courage and also closed your eyes, lifting your chin so your lips were nearly in-line. Almost. Your eyes darted open, Seung Yoon was wide-eyed staring back at you, infuriating smirk plastered on his face. Letting out a sigh, you went to turn away. Noting your irritation, he gripped tighter onto your hand, pulling you towards him once again. This time, his soft lips brushed against your smooth cheekbone, his hand reaching up to caress the other side of your face. He backed away a few centimetres, avoiding your eyes whilst letting out a deep breath, glancing up to study your face with a softened expression. You could feel the scolding warmth of your cheeks, your eyes darted around frantically, looking for possible distractions. He slowly allowed your hand to drop, bringing your attention back to him.

"See you-"

He the crown of your head, leaning forward to plant another gentle kiss upon your forehead.

"Good night"

You bowed your head, even though you knew he was fully aware with your current skin colour. He just continued to chuckle, shaking his head as he turned away, still smiling as you opened the door. You stole one last glance at him before disappearing into the darkened room. 

"Stupid boy"

You flopped on your bed, the small pug nuzzled into your chest. You thought better than to dwell on it, instead curling up underneath the duvet.