Let Games Begin, Yo'

Heartstrings

The corridors of the YG building were unusually busy; young entertainers, mostly trainees, bustling through the narrow isles. You scanned the faces of each of them, attempting to spot your acquaintances, whilst your peer navigated the crowd. The Park sisters were the first to catch your eye, giving you a little wave as you passed. G-Dragon and CL were leant against a wall, in a deep discussion about plans for the next week, so you avoided interrupting, still acknowledging them with a small bow, replied to with pleasant smiles from the pair. Younger trainees gazed up at you, with orb-like eyes full of adoration. 

"Annyeong~" 

You beamed at them, bobbing your head in greeting.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" 

They chorused, each bearing their teeth in innocent grins as they bowed, followed by the boldest child chirping

"Wahh, unnie, I love your shorts!" 

How adorable. You wished you could have stayed and spoken to them, but you had already been dragged away by your ever-ignorant .

"Yoonie! They were so cute~ Can't we go and speak to them?" 

His ears pricked up, turning his head to face you. 

"Ah, we'll go speak to them later after practice! Come on, stop dawdling!" 

Again he turned away, hiding his cheeky expression, continuing to steam on.

"Annyeong~" 

The studio erupted in greeting as you and Seung Yoon stepped into the room. Mino, Taehyun and Seunghoon were stood shoulder-to-shoulder in the centre of the room, smiling faces welcoming you. Taehyun bowed low to you, quickly mirrored by yourself. As you rose, he caught sight of Seung Yoons hand, again wrapped around your own. He gave a subtle gesture, and you slowly wriggled out of his grip without gaining any looks. He then turned his attention to your hat; you quickly removed it, stuffing it in your training bag which was still being held by your friend. It seemed that Taehyun and Seungri shared the same expression. 

"Jinwoo just went to go get some water, he'll be back in a sec'" 

The maknae spoke calmly, turning away from you to pace around the room. The room fell silent after that. Gradually, the boys each turned their attention to Seung Yoon, watching him as he stood there. You also looked up at him. He wasn't doing anything. He was in his own little world.

"Yoonie?" 

The members called softly, snapping him out of his trance, a wide grin springing to his face. He set your bag down gently at the back of the room, taking a fond glimpse at the green sofa beyond the glass. Mino started sniffing the air, stepping closer to his junior as he did so. The other members followed, a chain reaction begun. They lined up behind the guitarist, who had not yet noticed the attention he had gathered.

"Seung Yoon, are you wearing-" 

He paused for effect.

"-cologne?!"

Minos sharp words caused him to jump, quickly turning to face them.

"Ye-yeah? Why not?"

"No reason~" 

Seunghoon sniggered, slipping away. The three of them sneered, inaudible comments being uttered into each others ears, sly glances directed at you throughout. The door creaked open, the eldest member stepped in, patting you gently on the back as he passed, his innocent smile ridding you of your anxiety.

"Water~"

He held out a box full of bottled water, lifting it above his shoulders. When there was no reaction from the other boys, he gave a sigh and toddled over to the table.

"-Did I miss something?"

"Yoonie's wearing cologne~" 

Taehyun leant down, fiddling with his shoelaces, avoiding the vicious look from his friend.

"Oh?~ That makes a nice change, eh?" 

His boney hand reached up, patting the teasy youths cheek.

"Guys, shut up~" 

Seung Yoon pouted.

"You always tease me"

"Aw, come on now~" 

The members walked over, surrounding him, and he was reluctantly forced into the middle of a group hug. You let out a small giggle. Taehyuns face peered from the outer edge, his head twitching backwards, inviting you to join. Mino reached out an arm, grabbing you. Another reluctant victim. 

"I do love you guys~" 

Affectionate sounds spread through the small circle.

 ***

"Let the games begin, yo'" 

This quote caused Seunghoon to be pushed from the gathering, laughing as he stumbled backwards. The group dispersed, choosing their own space on the dancefloor.

"Warm up?" 

Taehyun suggested, tapping at the iPod dock, selecting a song.

"If you don't put 2ne1 on, I'm disbanding~" 

Jinwoo grinned, laying face-down on the floor, arms stretched wide.

"Fine, fine~" 

The other members agreed, removing excess garments. You clutched the bottom of your baggy shirt, tying it in a small knot just above your belly button. You glimpsed Seung Yoon from the corner of your eye, stealing glances at you as he rolled up his sleeves, flexing his toned arms.

"You ready, boys?"

Strutting to the centre of the room, you gave a nod to Seunghoon and the music began. Each of the members begun to dance, with the most effort they could muster. Unfortunately, stamina was not one of their strong points, as they quickly tired, sinking to the floor, one by one, until it was only yourself and Seunghoon left. He glanced sideways at you, the corner of his mouth lifting into a mischievous smile. Out came the big moves. Noting this, the other members broke their silence, egging you on. 

"Go on Lil' G!~"

"Show him what you've got!"

He stopped, catching his breath, and turned to face you, his smirk now fully-formed.

"Ladies first~"

 He sneered.You became a magnificent blur of body-popping for all of twenty seconds, when you paused, taking in his surprised expression. His turn. He seemed set on proving his skill. Twisting and turning, moving from floor to air before you had time to blink. Impressive. You let out a small laugh, trying to hide your diminishing confidence. You focused on the music, realising the end of the song was close. Now was your chance. Memories of your street-dancing days flooded into your mind. Lowering yourself backwards onto the floor, you performed a series of your best blow-up moves; hand-hops, chair, pike, airchair, roll, hollowback, airbaby, ending with a handstand before you clambered to your feet. Seunghoon stood wide-eyed, mouth open wide in astonishment. You looked to the other boys, also sharing this expression.

"What?" 

You enquired, acting as nonchalant as you could, sweeping hair from your forehead. They looked at each other, unsure of what to say. Mino broke the silence

"Wah! We didn't know you could dance like that Lil' G'! Where did you learn-"

"You were amazing!"

Seung Yoon interjected 

"I couldn't take my eyes off of you!"

His trance-like state seemed to have affected his self-control; he just spoke truthfully, without a second thought. Luckily, the others didn't seem their usual selves, and didn't pick up on their friends' unreserved comment.

"Ah, well, I used to be a streetdancer. I wasn't very popular. I gave it all up when I auditioned"

The members gazed sympathetically at you. 

"You still enjoy it though?" 

Jinwoo beamed, rolling a bottle towards your feet.

"Yes, yes! Almost as much as singing"

Small laughs echoed throughout the room.

"Well, we're glad you gave up"

Seung Yoon started, gaining confused looks from his peers, Taehyun mouthing several words in an attempt to silence him.

"I mean, if you hadn't, we would probably never of met you"

He reached out his hand, you smiled warmly, pulling him off the floor into a tight hug. The others also got to their feet, prodding at Yoonies lower back whilst !making small squeaky noises. You released him, peering up at his reddened face. When you openedz your mouth to talk, he leant forward to listen closely.

"Which song should we choose?"

His face dropped, he had expected something more interesting to come from those lips of yours.

"Uhhh-" 

He croaked, straightening his back, taking a brief look around at the other boys. They shrugged in reply.

"I know!" 

Piped Seunghoon 

"GG BE. Because you're a bad girl with nasty moves" 

He shot a wink at you, earning pats on the back and murmurs of approval from the rest of the gang.

"Tsk. You're just jealous~" 

You sauntered to the speakers as the rapper was jostled by his comrades. 

"What about White Love?" 

Seung Yoons suggestion gained echoes of agreement from the rest of the room.

"Hm. I like it" 

Grinning, you reached down for the iPod, scrolling through the menu, locating the song and setting it to pause. You spun, facing them once again.

"We need a plan." 

Taehyun paced around the room, followed by Seung Yoon.

"We can take care of the rap" 

Mino gestured at Seunghoon and himself, using the wall to lean against. The other three assembled behind you, the youngest leaning his elbow on your shoulder.

"So, state your claim~" 

You leaned your head against the boy.

"I think its the chorus is yours~" 

Jinwoo appeared at your other side, his eyes softened as he nuzzled into you.

"The chorus is so long though, I couldn't handle it by myself" 

You trailed off, head bowed awkwardly.

"I'm up for it too, if you want?" 

Feeling slightly left out, Seung Yoon stood behind you, a boost of confidence making him reach out his arm, wrapping it around your waist and pulling you close. He got away with this, the other members accepting it as part of the bonding that was being shared. You allowed it too, savouring the closeness. After several minutes of open discussion, the boys had decided on their chosen parts.

"Alright! Lets go!~" 

They chorused, skipping over to the speakers.

***

"Oh~ Oh~" 

Taehyun began, quickly interrupted by a playful Mino softly punching at his abdomen. The rappers then took over this part, leaving Jinwoo to begin the first verse.

"-Wae haneureun ijeseoya neoreul bonaejun geolkka"

"Neo geugeo ani? Neol johahaneun nyeoseogi han duri aniya-"

Taehyun continued, finishing the verse as the rest of you begun to dance. The chorus came, Seung Yoon strided to the front, taking your hand and pulling you along with him.

"-Neowa hamkkeramyeon eodideun" 

He stepped closer to you, hand now on your lower back, staring deeply into your eyes.

"Love, love, love, yeah~" 

The other vocalists joined in, creating a beautiful harmony. You took a breath, preparing for your part, as you leant into the muscular shoulder of your peer.

"Maeil saedeuri norae bureugo kkotteuri uril bomyeo miso jitneun got"

Your lungs felt as if they would burst from the power, but your smile did not faulter. You passed back to Taehyun, who had joined you on the front row. The rest of the song was performed, each of you taking your turn until the end of the instrumental.

"Wah~ Well done guys!" 

Facing the boys, you clapped loudly, proud of the groups accomplishment.

"I have to admit, that was pretty good for a first run!" 

Seunghoon beamed, giving Seung Yoon a slap on the back.

"Awesome!" 

Jinwoo added, taking a short swig from his bottle.