Fetch

Heartstrings

The boys were right; the unnies had tired you out. Now alone, you dragged your exhausted, post-pedicure feet back towards the YG building. A sudden impulse caused you to stop, glancing in the direction of the Winners apartment block. Sure enough, you recognised that a tall figure had just exited, pulling along a leash attached to a small dog. As they got closer, Ee Hi took notice of you, her ears pricking up as she tugged, pulling the boy with her. This wasn't her usual handler though. It was Seung Yoon. He looked somewhat shocked to see you, but still pleased as he ran his free hand through his hair, beaming at you in greeting.

"Hey!"

"Seung Yoon!"

You leant down to pet the animal, she sniffed about your person curiously.

"On dog-sitting duties?"

You glanced up, shooting a cheeky smile at him.

"Ah, yeah, Seunghoon wasn't feeling up to walkies apparently"

He passed a bundle of your 'borrowed' clothing to you before scooping up the dog, putting her under his arm. His eyes scanned you, his grin relaxed into an impressed expression. He reached for one of your hands.

"I see that you've had a productive day!"

He inspected your nails, releasing you when he was satisfied with his observation.

"You like them?"

"Mm"

He became shy, attempting to hide his interest with a macho grunt.

"Hey, uh, I was just gonna take this missy to the park, you fancy coming along? If you're not, like, busy or anything-"

"Oh, no, that sounds good! I'll just go get Gaehyo, i'll be back in a minute"

He gave a nod, leaning against the wall as you as you hurried to your dorm.

***

It took a whole five minutes to coax your grumpy pet outside; it seemed that she had a sixth sense when it came to Seung Yoon. She grumbled as she caught sight of him but that soon stopped when the chihuahua bounded over, pawing gently at her nose.

"So it's just me she hates?"

He nudged against you playfully, catching you mid-step, causing you to lose your balance. His strong hand gripped around your arm, preventing gravity from taking you.

"Woah there, did somebody drink too much champagne at the spa?"

You drove your elbow roughly into his ribcage, causing him to wince in pain. After regaining his breath, he looked into your smug face and let out a childlike grin, placing an arm around your shoulders.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!"

He chuckled. Leaning into his side, you caught his scent. Earlier, before you had retrieved your dog, you hadn't noticed this smell. You reached up your hand, subtly patting his chest pocket. You found a small hard object that felt suspiciously like a bottle of cologne. Your hand changed into a fist, giving him a few gentle pounds before moving away, wicked smirk on your face.

"You will be!"

With a shake of his head, he moved his hand to your lower back, guiding you in the direction of the park.

***

"Fetch!"

Seung Yoon threw a small piece of wood into the grass, the chihuahua pounced at it. Gaehyo sat still, looking up at you both, expression confused.

"What?"

You leant to scratch at her forehead, she rolled over baring her pink tummy, kicking all four of her legs.

"Seriously? I threw a stick, go and get the stick! Thats what dogs do!"

The boys impatient tone caused the pug to snap into action. But not the preferred reaction. Oh no. Instead, your dog set about nipping viciously at his toes, only irritating Seung Yoon more. You couldn't hide it; Gaehyos hatred of the guitarist was really quite amusing. You allowed the attack to continue for a few moments before scooping up the instantly-submissive animal. Seung Yoon just glared at you with a loathing look in his eyes.

"Alright, stop that missus, go and play with the stick!"

You set her down, she shot another dirty look at the boy before trotting off to join her comrade.

"What did I do to make her hate me?"

He pouted, watching the two dogs fight over the wood. You leant against the railings next to him, giggling to yourself.

"I don't think she hates you, I just think she's jealous"

His eyes widened slightly, a gentle blush springing onto his cheeks.

"Wh-Why would she be jealous?"

"Because you spend so much time with me!"

You prodded at his shoulder, both of you bursting into laughter.

"Well, that and because you smell bad-"

"Oi"

Fidgeting slightly, you moved out of his range before increasing your volume. He pulled a face before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the small bottle.

"I don't smell bad, see?"

He doused himself with the spray, using both of his hands he pulled your head forward, wrapping his arms around your neck, forcing you to take deep breaths of the musty scent radiating from his chest.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, whatever"

You pulled back, shooting a wink at the boy, he gave a shove, but this time you were braced for it, quickly retorting with jab to his side.

***

"-So we'll pick you up at four-thirty!"

"Okay! So, where is this restaurant?"

You spent the walk home mentally planning your next day between yourselves, arguing about your earlier impression of him, laughing and poking fun at each other whilst the dogs tried their hardest to get under your feet, Seung Yoon finally losing his temper and, much to their disgust, capturing the energetic animals under each of his arms. Upon reaching the YG building, he passed a growling Gaehyo to you and then leant forward, so that his face was inches away from your own. His eyes were closed and you could feel his breath on your lips. Your body froze still as you thought through the many ways that you could react. You just stared at him. After a few moments like this, you could hear a low rumbling chuckle coming from him, the corners of his mouth twitching into a smirk as he wrapped an arm across your back before moving backwards, gradually opening his eyes. He gave you a soft gaze as you continued to glare. You flicked a smile at him, finally leaning into his chest as he wrapped his arms around you for a second time.

"See you tomorrow- Oppa"

As you said this, his cheeks flushed slightly. You never called him that, being more comfortable using his forename. It seemed that he was fond of it, though, as his smile widened, his hand reaching up to your face to ruffle your hair.

"See you tomorrow~"

And with that, he strolled away, returning to his building. You watched until his silhouette was out of view before pushing through the glass doors and returning to your dormitory.