Hotteok Warmth

Heartstrings

The cool air struck you as you left the building. Seoul had transformed in a darkened paradise, flashing neon signs and muffled street noise.

Your peer stayed close to your side, and you were glad of the extra body heat, although you knew there were other reasons; this city hid many dangers, especially to young trainees. 

You didn't exchange words for several minutes, until you caught sight of a vendor selling warm treats, the scent was too much to resist. 

"Oooh, can you smell that?!" 

You looked up at your guardian, eyes glistening. He grinned, retrieving a few coins from his pocket. 

"What would you like?" 

He breathed, leading you towards the stall.

"Oh, you don't have to buy-"

"I want to"

You melted. Gazing upon the banquet, your mouth began to water.

"Hm, hotteok please~"

"Make that two" 

The men exchanged goods for money, Seung Yoon passing over your present as you walked away.

"Thank you"

You leaned your head into his chest, clinging to your new hand-warmer. He gently bumped his chin on your forehead in acceptance, that beautiful grin still on his face.

"Come on"

He clutched your back, leading you down the dimly-lit street.

***

"Hey, about earlier-"

"Yes?" 

Your heart began to beat quickly yet again as you remembered the conversation before dinner.

"I'm sorry I laughed at you when you fell. I shouldn't have really" 

He bowed his head as a pang of disappointment stabbed through your chest.

"Ah, it was pretty funny though" 

Bumping into his shoulder, you gained eye contact, bringing a smile to his face.

"Oh, and I've been meaning to say-"

He took a moment to build his confidence 

"You look really beautiful in that dress-" 

That. That was what you wanted to hear. A deep blush sweep across your cheeks, still paler than Seung Yoons scarlet face. 

"-even with that stupid hat" 

His tongue made another appearance, ruining what you thought was going to be the perfect moment. You frowned at him, causing him to recoil. He tugged your beanie from your head, removing his own hat.

"Here." 

He plopped it on your head.

"But Yoonie, this is your favourite hat!" 

You made several attempts to pry it from your head, but he wouldn't allow it. Eventually you submitted, wearing your new accessory with a gentle smile. He continued to beam down at you as you attempted to figure out your location.

***

"This way!" 

You pointed your index finger down the road to a cluster of buildings. He gave a small nod, and took a step a few steps onto the road, you following closely behind him. You didn't get very far down the street until he stopped, causing you to bump into him. 

"Wait-"

He held out his arm in front of you, presenting a barrier. A group of six to seven young women were walking on the other side of the street, chatting loudly. It wasn't clear if they had seen you or not. Although, you weren't given time to decide, as Seung Yoon grabbed your hand and dragged you behind the nearest shop. You took a deep breath, ready to scold him for making such a sudden action, but was interrupted by him pressing his forefinger to your lips, panic evident in his eyes. Minutes passed, his irregular breathing returned to normal, his finger remained on your lips for a significant amount of time before he lowered it. You leaned close to him, quivering slightly. The girls walked past, you could now hear their conversation. A worrying subject. With a hushed voice, almost inaudible, you looked up to your senior.

"They were-"

"Saseng fans" 

Frowning, he shifted so that his body was against yours, forcing you against the wall as he peered around the corner. Bowing your head, you couldn't help but blush at the closeness. After a few minutes, his hand moved, now gently gripping your shoulder. You were about to glance at it until he turned his head, giving you his full attention, brown eyes glinting in the faint light. He gave a reassuring grin, rubbing your shoulder. 

"You okay?" 

His voice was borderline-laughter, cheeks flushed slightly.

"Ye-yeah, I just panicked a bit" 

You looked down at your feet as he made soft comforting sounds. He lifted his free hand to your chin, forcing you to look up.

"Its alright, I promise I won't let anything happen to you"

He leaned his forehead against your own. You could barely breath, your eyes fixated on his soft lips.

"Now, let's get back" 

And with that, he took your hand as you continued on your journey.

***

At last, the YG building was in site, you could even spot the window to your dorm. Your pace quickened, although you still were not quick enough to avoid being dragged by Seung Yoon.

"Yoonie, slow down~"

He winked at you over his shoulder.

"Sorry, I forget your short legs can't keep up"

You gave him a playful punch on the shoulder, causing him to snicker. 

"You two!~"

Slowing down to a stroll, you both squinted your eyes, attempting to fathom the identity of the figure. It began to dance. You bent your knees, supporting yourself as you chortled. Seungri was stood outside the building, apparently awaiting your return.

"I was beginning to wonder where you-" 

He glanced down at your hands, fingers still entwined with your senior. He startled, immediately releasing your hand, avoiding the glare from his sunbae. 

"I-I-" 

He stuttered, a giggle escaping from your mouth. Seungri glanced at you, softened expression.

"I took his guitar back, like I said I would. He was just walking me home." 

That familiar smug grin appeared on the mans face as he took a step towards you, glaring at the younger man. 

"I'll-I'll see you tomorrow?" 

Seung Yoon looked nervously at his senior, giving a short bow and quickly jogging off down the street.

"So-"

Seungri began, in that same detestable tone. You hid your face from him, still giggling at the timidness displayed by the guitarist.

"I'm not gonna scold you for coming back so late, I should after all the worry you caused me, but I won't" 

Removing the smirk from your face, you faced your 'brother', who had now placed his arm around your shoulders.

"Lets go inside, i'll make some tea and you can tell me all about your evening" 

You let out a gentle sigh, being lead into the entrance towards the dorms.

***

"-and then Taehyun walked in." 

"Ah, no way!" 

You nodded, taking a sip from your mug.

"He offered to walk you home though, couldn't he of told you then?"

Emptying your mouth, you recalled the long walk.

"I don't know, he didn't say anything really.. He gave me his hat though" 

You reached to your hand upwards, removing the headgear and handing it over to be analysed. 

"This is his favourite hat, he wears it all the time!"

He placed it on the arm of the chair beside him.

"Well, it's obvious now, isn't it?" 

He continued, shooting yet another grin at you from over his drink. There was really no way to avoid this subject, no way of hiding your embarrassment, or your true feelings for that matter.

"He's smitten."

With that your sunbae leapt towards you, capturing you in a bone-crushing hug causing the small dog that had been nestled into your stomach to jump up, joining in the bombardment

"Stop!~"

The pair of you fell sideways, giggling like a pair of teenage fangirls.

"You really think he actually likes me then?" 

You chuckled, through heavy breaths. You were pulled to your feet.

"I think so, most definitely

He gave a cheeky wink, before pushing you into your room and bidding you good night.