Where?

Heartstrings

It was three days before you saw Seung Yoon again. He hadn't been showing up to practice and the boys excuses of 'he's at a meeting' or 'he's on a day trip' were beginning to wear thin. You spotted him in the cafeteria, surrounded by a group that you didn't care to recognise. 

"Seung Yoon!"

He looked up, taking in your desperate expression. The group around him began to bustle out of the room, taking him with them. You gave another shout, but his movement did not pause, only glancing over his shoulder and shooting a short, sad smile. Your heart sank.

***

Another week past by at an achingly slow pace. Still no contact. The four boys had given up trying to cover for their leaders disappearance, sinking into a depressed state. Despite this, they tried their best to keep your spirits high, ignorant of the fact that their attempts were in vain. 

You sighed, dragging yourself towards the speakers, finger lingering on the back button. You had restarted the routine for the seventeen times so far, your usual passion lacking, the moves becoming sloppy, forcing you to repeat them over and over until your body quivered, threatening to give in. You were exhausted. Physically and emotionally. Tired of constantly getting your hopes up at the possibility of seeing Seung Yoon, only to spend your day mopeing when it didn't happen. You just couldn't help yourself though.

The music kicked in and you turned back to your space, grabbing Minos cuff and pulling him into the correct position. The boys were also suffering from their leaders absence, and just slightly from your worsening mood. It was understandable really, so they went along with it, making an effort not to aggravate you, to support you instead. They were tired now, concentration levels decreasing.

Half way through, your foot skid over Seunghoons own, sending you to the hard wood floor. 

"Oh God, I'm so sorry, here-"

He reached down, attempting to lift you, only to have his hands slapped away. You gave a short growl, pushing yourself upwards and surveying the damage in the nearest mirrored-wall. Heavy teeth-marks across your bottom lip, the iron-like taste in your mouth, a few garnet droplets leaking onto your chin.

"Are you okay?" 

You gave a glance over your shoulder to the boy, ready to snap his head off, until you saw his face, contorted in guilt. Your anger faded.

"Yeah, don't worry. Accidents happen" 

Sighing, you stalked out of the room in search of the nearest first aid box. 

***

Seating yourself against the cold walls of the washroom, you took a swig from your bottle, swishing the water in your mouth before spitting it into the sink. Wound cleaned, snippets of medical tape straining to hold it closed. You won't get anywhere in life if you can't deal with a little pain, you told yourself, splashing the rest of the cool water onto your pale skin. Get back in there, you'll be fine. 

***

You stopped just short of the door, listening as the song replayed once more. Heavy stomps and the screeching of shoes against the laminate was joined by loud chuckles and low encouraging sounds. Entering, you caught sight of an additional man, face shadowed by the peak of a cap covered over by a heavy hood. After a few seconds he paused, drifting off to the side wall and snatching up a drink, all the while hiding his identity.

You slammed a hand against the speaker, silencing it as you continued to eye the figure, his stature familiar. Your gaze turned to the remaining four boys, sharing shocked expressions as they avoided your eyes.

Mino crept forward, a large hand creeping up to graze your arm in a comforting motion. He eventually returned your glare, eyes awkwardly meeting your own. 

"Listen, don't start shouting at him-"

"Seung Yoon."

Your words were cold and sharp as the figure turned, the light temporarily catching his sorrowful face. You took a firm step towards him before being drawn back into Minos chest

"Lil' G, please, you don't underst-"

"Don't understand?! What, that he's been purposely avoiding me and that we've all suffered because of it?"

You threw his arms off before surging towards the leader. Your voice was almost silent when you spoke your next words, peering into his face. 

"Where have you been, Seung Yoon?"

You allowed a hand to creep up onto his face, gently his cheek as you searched his eyes, small tears forming in your own.

"Busy. I've been busy. "

His eyes momentarily passed of your lip, but his face remained unreadable, voice monotone as he replied emotionlessly. Your hand froze, pulling away just slightly, threatening to strike the soft skin. Never had Seung Yoon lied to you before.

"Of course."

You hissed, spinning away as the tears began to break down your cheeks. Pushing past the other boys who had congregated near the door, you left, ignoring the calls of your name as you flew through the corridors.

***

The warm water enveloped you, easing the ache of your emotions. You thought that you had wanted to see him, but it turns out that it just made the pain worse. You sighed, tears still flowing as you sunk beneath the waterline, the liquid stinging your bloodied swollen lip. Where have you been, Seung Yoon. Your voice repeated over and over in your head. You lingered beneath until your lungs became tight, breaking to the surface to gasp in the thick, steam-clouded air. 

Why is he avoiding me? You pulled on a fur-coated dressing gown, your soaking hair slipping from the incasement of the towel as you lent forward to adjust your slippers.

Does he not like me anymore? The spoon clanked against the side of your mug as you set yourself down on the sofa, pulling your dog closer so that she snuggled into your side, whimpering slightly from being interupted from her dozing.

"Did I do something to upset him?" 

This time you spoke aloud, gaze scanning over the small animal leant against your hip.

There was several short, scuffling sounds from the outside corridor. They gradually became louder, the sound of footsteps as someone past through the hallway of trainee dorms. The unusual silence of your surroundings causing you to focus more so than usual. The sounds silenced momentarily, fading into soft thumps and scrapes, seemingly coming from the exterior wall joining your dorm to the neighbouring one. 

"Hm, Jimyun's home early today" 

Directing your words to your pet, pulling her against your chest as you struggled to your feet, turning towards the kitchen area. Placing your dishes in the sink, you turned to the sound of knocking, soon realising it was your own door. The boy had probably run out of detergent yet again, thankfully, as his neighbour, you were kind enough to lend him some, even though you were fully aware that you were not getting it back. You set Gaehyo on the floor, immediately running over to investigate the noise.

"Come in, Jimyun"

The door opened and a tall man stepped through, features dark in the low light. Not the frail fourteen-year-old you had been expecting to appear. His hood and cap had been removed,   exposing his desperate expression. 

"Please-"

"Seung Yoon, Get out."