Stealer

Heartstrings

The deep boom of the speakers shook through you, stilling your heart for several seconds. You stood there, dazed by the luminous, flashing lights, your lungs filling with the off-laced air. Suffocated. The building spun around you, your vision speeding up as the darkness hovered above you, closing in.

"Hey, baby, don't worry, it's natural to be scared-"

You were broken from your trance by soft fingertips brushing against your Palm. Soft lips caressed your cheek before he pulled away, just slightly.

"I'm by your side"

A smile crept across your lips as you gripped his hand, leading him towards the stage entrance to stand with the other four boys, currently being fussed over by a cluster of caffeine-driven cordi noonas.

***

You climbed the staircase in sobering darkness, all except from the faint rays of fluorescent beams escaping through the cracks of the stage entrance. 

Taking a deep breath, you felt a cool hand flat against your lower back. You glanced to your right; stood close was Mino, smiling proudly back at you.

"You look phenomenal. You're gonna do great, Lil' G"

You beamed up at him, taking Seung Yoons hand to turn him around, forming a small circle with the other boys.

"Thank you so much, for everything. I love you, all of you. I couldn't live without you."

You paused, swallowing the lump in your throat as you spotted Jinwoo attempting to wipe a tear without smudging his makeup, watched intently by a fierce-looking cordi.

"Winner, fighting!" 

You raised your fist in the air, lips curling upwards with in a blinding smile. The boys cheered, repeating the chant before Seunghoon stepped forward.

"Our sister, Lil' G, fighting!"

He tugged you into the centre of the circle as they raised their hands once again.

The cheering stopped when the speakers faded out, Seungri's exhausted-yet-enthusiastic voice drifting through the air.

"-And newest addition to our family! Her stage debut, please be kind to her!"

The introduction. 

"Oh my gosh."

You patted out the non-existent creases from your sparkling white ensemble; a well-fitting cropped shirt, overlayed by a floating, intricately-patterned lace mesh, all sequins, diamantes, tassles from the shoulder. Your slender neck was held by an asymmetric line of gold plates, splaying across your narrow shoulders, matching pieces of architectural metal hung from each lobe. Shimmering hair fell loosely down your back, light powder highlighting you cheekbones, a deep shade brushed over your eyelids, giving a dramaticly-beautiful look.

The stage-hand approached you, handing out taper-handled microphones before beckoning you into your places; rappers at the front, followed by the eldest and youngest, and finally the main vocalist and yourself, affectionately draped over each other in the moments before the stage door slid open, the instrumental starting slowly.

***

It was going well. Really well. The atmosphere was immense. You really couldn't have wished for a better crowd, seemingly enjoying the fact that they were the first to hear of you. You became more confident, interacting with the boys as you would back in the studio. One last chorus.

And then your heel got caught in a crack in the stage floor. Oops.

His arm s around your waist, pulling you close, ultimately saving you as he completed his part of the chorus. You gave a silent chuckle, wrapping an arm around Seung Yoons broad shoulders and lifting the microphone to your lips. He gave a charming smile as you rose, arm still draped around him until he spun you into the final position; centre of the circle, your boyfriend crouched infront with his back to you. 

The music finally silenced, all six of you slouching seconds after, chests heaving to take in air. Seungri pranced on stage, looking refreshed, joyful as he crossed towards you.

"Amazing! I think you all enjoyed that, yes?"

He shouted towards the crowd, pointing his microphone. Upon hearing the answering roar, he leant forwards, capturing you in a tight hug, a whispered 'well done, so proud' into your ear. He pulled away, shooting a wink at the boy next to you who shifted slightly. You didn't spare him a glance, you caught up in the moment.

Seungri strode to the centre of the stage, lifting his microphone once again.

"Seung Yoon-ah, don't you want to say something?"

The boy stepped forward, now with his favourite black guitar. Strange. When did that get here?

"Hyung, yes, I do"

He gave a short wink over his shoulder, the other four taking this as an instruction to push you to his side as the leader struck a few chords. These quickly morphed into Stealer.

Your jaw dropped, eyes widening as you glanced around, taking note of a large screen behind you. Pictures of you and him together, short video clips, little sketches. Sketches of you. The ones from his notebook that you'd found what felt like a millennium ago. You flushed red, turning your attention back to the guitarist, singing his final lines.

"The girl that stole my heart-"

He turned, looking you in the eye, softly reaching out a hand. You took it without hesitation.

"-Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to the love of my life."

The crowd erupted in swooping cheers and screams of approval, the lyrics to an instrumental of applause. Large spouts at the edge of the stage shot glimmering confetti over you. The boys, who had been hanging back, rushed forward, embracing both of you. He pulled you closer, staring lovingly into your eyes as he leant to press a tender kiss to your cheeks.

"I love you"

He whispered, away from the microphone so that it only you could hear it.

"I love you, too"

 

 

---

OH MY GOSH. IT'S FINISHED. I'm sobbing.

Thank you so much for all the subs/comments/upvotes, it means alot

There may be a sequel at some point, idk yet though~

 

Wow, the 25th chapter uploaded on the 25th. How curious.