Monkeys Rear-end

Heartstrings
The sun rose slowly, its white beams accompanied with tickles of warmth across your skin. You woke up slowly, eyelids fluttering open. Certain that it was still too early to be even thinking of getting up, you buried your head roughly into the soft material, taking comfort in its heat. Until it gave a loud groan. You were half-pushed, half-leapt from your seat, yelping loudly, the blanket pooled around your waist as you sat upright on the floor. Seung Yoon drowsily glared back at you, attempting to fathom who you were. After a few rubs to his sleep-dusted eyes, it finally clicked, a dopey smile creeping onto his face.
 
"Hey~"
 
"Shut up"
 
You threw the blanket at him, scrambling back onto the sofa.
 
"What was that for?!"
 
You sighed loudly, running a hand through your bedhead.
 
"You scared the crap out of me."
 
"Eh? Well- Uh, I'm sorry? You're the one that woke me up, it's kind of your fault?"
 
"Shut up"
 
You hissed again, wriggling close to him to share both his heat and the blanket. A few minutes passed before he spoke up again, arm reaching over your shoulders to allow you even closer.
 
"You're cute in the morning"
 
Not finding the heart to tell him to shut up once more, you nuzzled into him, listening to the shallow beats echoing throughout the cavity of his chest. It was easy for you to quickly drift off into another spate of peaceful sleep. 
 
***
 
Cha-clik.
 
Your eyes darted open, smacking at the phone immediately in front of your face. The three boys backed away slowly, until safely out of your range.
 
"Don't take pictures of me whilst I'm asleep, it's creepy!"
 
"Ah, but you looked so sweet~"
 
Mino bravely took a step forward, patting your head gently before giving you a view of the screen. Upon your mildly-dissapproving sigh, he perched on the sofa arm, chuckling lightly as he tapped at the screen. Seung Yoon fidgeted next to you, eventually giving in and releasing himself from the imprisonment of the blanket to walk to the kitchen. He returned not too long after, holding half-a-loafs-worth of toast, flinging some at you before falling back into his space.
 
"Did you sleep well?"
 
He mumbled, with a mouth full of breakfast. 
 
"Reasonably- You took up most of the room- Pig."
 
A large quantity of his mouths contents fell onto his lap. The other boys seemed almost proud, even though their faces mirrored the disgust present on your own. He just gave a gormless grin, shoving the mess back into his face.
 
"Seriously."
 
Jinwoo drifted in from his room, tutting at the unsightly behaviour of his younger. You continued to nibble at the corners of the slices, a stark comparison to the boy next to you, who seemed vacant of any table manners at all.
 
"What time is it?"
 
Seunghoon slid down to lean against the sofa, looking back up to Mino who was still happily tapping on his phone.
 
"Twenty-to-eight"
 
He barely glanced up from the gadget, a wide-smile gliding over his face.
 
"Lil' G, you have two-thousand likes already!"
 
The thought of pushing him off the sofa re-entered your mind. This time it seemed an extremely agreeable idea. He landed on the floor beside the other rapper with a loud, and satisfying, thump.
 
"You're such a , Song Mino. You're aware of that, right?"
 
He swept his hair back under his cap, chuckling, along with the others, at his own expense. You got up from your seat, dusting yourself from crumbs, then moving in front of the boys.
 
"I'm gonna go back to mine, have a shower and get changed. I'll meet you in the studio, okay?"
 
"'Kay!
 
They chorused, each beaming as they squashed together onto the sofa, bickering over who got the warm spot that was previously occupied by yourself. 
 
"You guys might want to do the same-"
 
After an exageratted sniff and a wave of your hand, you let yourself out, skipping back to your dorm to prepare for the day.
 
***
 
"What time do you call this?!"
 
Seunghoon hung against the door frame, towering over you as you attempted to enter.
 
"Time you had a shave, you look like the rear-end of a monkey. Let me in already!"
 
You gave him a gentle slap to the stomach as he rubbed at his chin, smirking as he slid over to the wall. You set your bag down, glancing at your own watch.
 
"Its only five-past-eight!"
 
You threw a dirty look back at him, only greeted by a stupid gesture. 
 
"Tsh, he doesn't understand how long it takes to look as good as you, aye' Lil' G?"
 
Mino wrapped an arm around you pulling you over into the centre.
 
"Obviously not. And flattering me doesn't make you any less of a "
 
You pushed at him, only to be pulled back in to suffer a spate of feverish tickling. He eventually freed you, allowing you to move over to where the two youngest were stood in deep discussion, barely noticing your presence. The conversation stopped just before you were close enough to hear it, but the boys continued eye contact and silent gestures, even as a red-faced Seung Yoon draped an arm over your shoulders, no words exchanged.
 
"Um- Hi?"
 
You leaned up against him, your head just in front of his own so that you were impossible to ignore. He gave a breathy chuckle, looking down at you and shifting his hand on your back. Taehyun toddled over to the speakers, with a bob of his head in greeting.
 
"Ready?" 
 
The leader hollered, the others gathering quickly and stepping into their own spaces, game faces on.
 
***
 
You were improving very quickly, the close bond within your group making it easier to work well with each other. It seemed that every time you practiced this in performance now the mistakes were minimal, each time lessening. It was hard work though, this session particularly tiring as you still weren't fully awake, the idea of a short break was something you were very grateful for. You took a seat on the floor, in between Mino and the leader, sighing as your heavy body hit the floor, slanting to the side just enough for you to lean your head on the rappers strong shoulders.
 
"Oppa~"
 
You whined, digging your temple further into his flesh.
 
"I know, I know-"
 
His phone gave a buzz from the space next to him, a quick swipe to the screen silenced it as he lifted it onto his lap. Another notification from that stupid photo. Giving him a jab to the side, you snatched the gadget, scrolling through the comments.
 
"Aw, they're really swee- Wait, its the 27th today?! I'm screwed."
 
"Hm?"
 
Seung Yoon leaned over to meet your panicked stare.
 
"What about it?"
 
"My assessment is tomorrow, I've got nothing prepared- Uh, what am I going to do?!"
 
You jumped to your fleet.
 
"I did so badly last month, I can't mess up again-"
 
As the others stood you began to pace erratically.
 
"What about-"
 
You hissed at Mino, silencing him immediately.
 
"I need to impress. Ugh. How though-"
 
Seung Yoon shifted closer, halting your steps by wrapping a hand around your arm. You glanced up in shock of the sudden contact.
 
"Try something different"
 
His smile had a knowledgeable warmth to it, nodding as you quirked your eyebrow.
 
"Different?"
 
"Like a different genre"
 
The other boys cooed in agreement.
 
"R&B is your thing, we know that, he knows that. Surprise him."
 
Jinwoo leant forward to lay a gentle hand on your shoulder.
 
"Surprise-"
 
You hummed, thoughts stumbling through your exhausted mind. After a few moments a grin swept across your face, gaining their attention.
 
"Oh? She's got it"
 
Seunghoon ruffled your hair, spinning away quickly before you could retaliate.
 
***
 
"You've got to feel it come from here"
 
Seung Yoon moved your hand to push against your diaphragm, pressing his palm against your skin. Dance practice had been postponed whilst the boys did anything they could to help prepare you. 
 
"Try again, this time really push yourself, until you feel like you'll explode"
 
He continued, encouraging comments until you nodded, his hand on you loosening slightly. You took a deep breath, gathering your concentration before letting you voice free. You allowed the raw-sounding notes to waver, varying in pitch, surpassing maximum effort as your stomach muscles began to ache furiously. When you felt as though you were about to give in, that hand pressed hard into your ribs, forcing out the remaining air as a final high note. He released you, pants leaking from your heat-swollen lips. Regaining your breath, you glanced up, spotting a smirk sweep across his features. You mirrored it, looking over towards the other boys, all giving an excited thumbs-up in response.
 
"Better!"
 
He huffed, pulling you up into a straight-backed position.
 
"Now, if you manage to do that tomorrow I'm sure it'll be a success"
 
You bobbed your head, scurrying to the table, snatching up a gulp of water before feverishly scanning the lyrics. Too much love will kill you is what you had decided on, being inspired by the strength of Freddie Mercurys voice, whilst the instrumental held opportunity to customise the song. It wasn't just going to be a cover. It was your own.