Third Wheel

Heartstrings

"Seung Yoon, what do you like in a song?"

Hayi shot a mischievous gaze in your direction and you resisted the urge to send a kick at her from under the table. Completely oblivious, Seung Yoon gave a few taps to his chin with his boney index finger, thinking it over.

"I like songs with deep meanings, powerful lyrics-"

The end of his sentance trailed off, as if he was still contemplating.

"What about love songs?"

She enquired, her smirk widening even more so as she leant across the table. He glanced awkwardly at you, ruffling his hair as his cheeks pinkened.

"Y-yeah, I guess?"

"Hm."

Hayi wasn't satisfied with his answer, but she didnt have time to say anything more as you gave into your thoughts, flinging your foot at her beneath the desk.

When the CEO left you had attempted to return to your writing-buddy, to leave Seung Yoon to get on with his work. However, he didnt seem to want to be alone, as he  dropped a few low notes on the piano, threatening to turn it into a deep sorowful rendition of 'All by myself'. Wanting to avoid that, and any terrible acting that may go with it, you dragged him into the adjoining room. And that's where you sat for the remainder of the afternoon; The lyric-writing quickly ditched for general messing about, endearing actions by Seung Yoon, seemingly aimed at yourself and quickly mocked by Hayi, who was unusually cheeky for no apparent reason. Perhaps just to wind you up.

***

"Hey, ladies, are you hungry?

Although it was an open question, his gaze was directed at you, the corners of his full lips creeping up just enough to reveal his perfect teeth. You nodded gently, returning an equally-attractive smile that brought a darker shade to his cheeks, though his confidence didn't faulter, as he gently rubbed your shoulder with his thumb. Growing bored of teasing you, Hayi suddenly slumped in her chair, causing you both to look up.

"What?"

Your voice was tinged with frustration, from her ruining the 'moment', but she quickly replied by jutting out her bottom lip and using her most child-like voice.

"I want hotteok~"

"Hotteok?!"

Seung Yoon could barely hold in his laughter as he turned to you, fond memories of the other night flooding into your mind. You patted him gently on the knee, swiveling your head to look at the other girl.

"Alright, we know just the place."

The two of you rose simultaneously, Hayi taking her time to collect her belongings. She eventually followed you both out into the corridor, forcing herself into the middle and latching her arms onto you both, grinning up at the ceiling as she skipped.

"Is oppa paying?~"

***

"Yum!"

Hayi was happily stuffing her face with the pancakes; she had become detached from the pair of you once food was in her hands,  completely zoning out of the attempted conversation to focus on her meal. Seung Yoon shook his head, finding the youngers behaviour amusing, you sighed along with him; now that Hayi had been silenced, albeit temporarily, you were able to talk to him without the constant teasing. He glanced at you, also realising the peaceful almost-quiet of the girls chewing. 

"How's your shoulder healing up?"

"My shoulder? Hm, its fine~" 

You melted under that caring gaze, he felt confident enough to slip his right arm around your lower back, pushing his nose into your cheek. Even though you couldn't see it, you knew he was smiling.

"I'm really glad of that, I'll make sure he never drops you again"

"Ooh, is that a threat, oppa?" 

"No, it's a promise!"

He declared heroically, bumping his face against you once more as you both fell into fits of giggles, your hand coming up to tap at the space between his shoulder and his well-toned chest.

"Couldn't Seunghoon join us?"

Your laughter stopped as Hayi finished off the last of the crumbs.

"What? Why?"

"I feel like a third wheel to you two lovebirds"

"What?!"

Your expression became menacing, daring her to repeat her comment.

"Oh, nothing~" 

She giggled, fluttering away to find a bin before you could attack.

"Hm?"

Seung Yoons hand was still on your hip, using his position to lean into your side, gazing up into your face quizzically.

"Tsk. How can you be so ignorant?"

You swatted him on the head, the earlier chuckles starting up again.

***

Slowly, you calmed yourselfs and Hayi had rejoined you, huddling close to each other, one of you on either side of him. His hand softly your side, crinkling the material of your shirt. It was a comforting feeling as you gazed up at the darkening sky, the stars only just coming into view. A sudden shiver crept down your back, breaking your stare. Both of them looked over to you, humming amusedly at your sudden movement.

"Cold?" 

Hayi leant forward so that she could peer past the boy. You chuckled as a reply. Seung yoon moved ever-so-slightly closer to you, fond little grin on his face as he removed his scarf, wrapping it around your neck as gently as he could in this close proximity. He gave a satisfied huff, his face lingering near yours for a few seconds, before relising the how the girl behind him may perceive his actions. He shrunk back into his earlier spot whilst curling his arm tighter around your body. You could feel the heat of your face spreading down into your chest as the blush grew on your face. Hayi spluttered loudly into her hand, reminding you, unnecessarily, that she was still there. She received glowers from the two of you, her smirk dropping instantly.

"Hm, it is getting chilly"

He wrapped his arms around both Hayis and your own shoulders, bringing you both closer to him.

"Shall we go back to my place?"

You glanced at Hayi, tilting you head contentedly. She just smiled back with a teasing wink.

"Hm"

She leant out of his grasp, arms stretching above her head, mouth opening widely. She hadnt quite gotten the hang of acting yet, it was clear.

"You know, I'm gonna head back. I'm really tired"

You let out a huff as she left, smirking at you all the while.

"Come on~" 

Seung Yoon pulled you up, gripping your hand in his own. You savoured the warmth, leaning into him as he led you back to Winners apartment.

***

When you pushed through the door you were greeted with the sight of Mino and Taehyun lazing on the sofa, eyelids fluttering in an attempt to stay awake. The older boy immediately sat up as he caught sight of you, smiling widely as he got up to wrap his muscular arms around your shoulders, pulling you into a loving hug. He was always like this with you when he was tired. He pressed a small kiss to your cheek before turning back to the sofa, Seung Yoons eyes following him, crooked grin on his face as he slowly released your hand. He stepped into you, leaning his head towards your own. You looked up at him, giving a sweet smile.

"Drink?" 

You nodded, answering to the beckoning from the sofa. He shook his head slightly, laughing under his breath as he crept into the kitchen. you reached the edge of the sofa, turning your back to it. you hesistated slightly, wondering if you should help with the drinks. This thought was instantly dismissed when you found a pair of slender arms around your waist, tugging you onto the seat. Taehyun was barely awake, but he still managed a weak smile as he wrapped his arms tighter, breathing a small greeting before seemingly passing out on your shoulder. Mino swung his legs over your knees, wiggling cheekily until he was comfortable. You toyed with the idea of pushing him off, even onto the floor, but couldn't find the energy to do so. Seung Yoon returned with two mugs, passing the first over to you before slapping Mino several times on the thigh.

"Budge up!"

He demanded, but Mino simply crossed his arms over his chest, smirking even more.

"Nah, I'm comfy"

You sighed, leaning your head against the snoozing shape of Taehyun.

"Move!" 

Seung Yoon used his free hand to smush Minos face, almost pushing him off the sofa. Mino eventually gave in, rolling his eyes as he lifted his legs, grinning as he side-eyed you. With a sigh, Seung Yoon squeezed himself into the now-free space, slinging his arm over your shoulder, waking Taehyun in the process. The boy simply grumbled before falling into your lap. You shot a glare at the guitarist for being so careless, your fingers through the thick hair of the younger boy. Seung Yoon gave a huff, pushing his face into your cheek, chuckling lightly.

***

"Oi, you better drink up before she decides to tip it over you, you creep"

Mino leant forward, smirking across at you before miraculously dodging a well-aimed punch.

"Will you get lost already?!"

Seung Yoon had swivelled around to glare at his hyung, faces a few inched from each other.

"Nah"

The gap became smaller as Mino leant in, eyebrows raised, trying to get a rise out of the leader through their usual banter. Just as you were about to step in, the boy upon your thighs stirred suddenly. Still face-down on your legs, his hand shot up, colliding with the back of Seung Yoons head, which surged forwards involuntarily, face smashing into his antagoniser, lips almost meeting. They immediately parted, the rapper falling back, laughing heavily, whilst the other pursued Taehyun, who had bolted as soon as he could. 

"You two, stop it, you'll wake the others!"

You hissed at them, getting to your feet to scuttle across the carpet to join in the chase. It didn't take long for you to become the maknaes human shield. Seung Yoon leant in, face coming closer to yours as he gave a closed-lip smile. You didn't fall for it, instantly noticing the arms stretching beyond you, reaching menacingly for Taehyun. You used your back to push him and he quickly hurried away. Seung Yoon still stood there, still awkwardly close. You broke into a fit of giggles, giving a forceful shove at his stomach to make him back away. Returning to the sofa you caught a glimpse of him lightly brushing, chewing on his lip in slight frustration. 

"Come on now, sit down~"

You shimmied a few inches to the left, barely adequate space but he moved into it with no arguments, all the while glowering at Taehyun, who gave a shrug like how could I miss that opportunity.

"'You settled down now, lover boy?" 

Minos arm had s across Seung Yoons shoulders, a hand reaching up to pat at a reddened cheek. New was quickly riled again.

"I swear-"

"You shouldn't swear!"

You tittered cheekily, and you were sure that when he turned that he was going to snap at you. But he didn't, instead breathing a heavy sigh that rippled through his fringe. You smiled up at him, reaching an arm across his chest in a tired-attempt of a hug, the reciprocation being gentle down your hair onto your back, growing softer by the touch.