Hyungover

Heartstrings

You gave a hiss as a hand shook your arm, waking you from your deep slumber. Seung Yoon stood before you, fully-dressed, smiling gently with half-lidded eyes.

"Sajang-nim's called us to his office to discuss schedules, you better get ready"

Shifting from the sofa, you glance around your living room, spotting the four other boys still draped over various bits of furniture. Jinwoo in particular looked humorously pathetic, his thin arms limp as they hung over the sofa arm, his pale skin almost translucent in the dim morning light, large dark circles creeping out from under thick black eyelashes. You pointed a finger at him, drawing your counterparts attention. He snorted loudly, slapping a hand over his mouth as he tried to lessen the sound. Too little, too late. The smaller man groaned, sliding his head to rest on his arms. His eyes flickered open, burning hate. He gulped in a few breaths, giving a slight to the snoozing Gaehyo on his lap, before directing his glare to the boy next to you.

"Shut. Up."

His voice was quiet, but still held a threatening tone. Seung Yoon removed the hand from his face, reaching over to clumsily pat the head of his groggy bandmate. A teasing smirk drew across his features.

"Aw, is hyung a little hungover?~"

Jinwoo reached up with a shaking hand, giving the others skin a small pinch. His face contorted in disgust.

"Kang Seung Yoon. Go crawl into a hole."

He gave one last sneer before closing his heavy eyes, shifting to lean against a peaceful-looking Taehyun. You pulled at the guitarists hand, leading into the kitchen area (where he couldn't cause any more trouble), whilst you got ready.

***

"Race you!"

As soon as you had stepped out of the door, Seung Yoon became instantly louder, seemingly happy for no reason. Maybe he was still drunk. He begun to clatter down the hall, turning when he reached the end, to question you with a look of 'why are you still over there? So slow!'

You dragged your feet towards him. As soon as you were within range he yanked you by the wrist, causing your body to fall closer.

"Are you feeling alright?"

He gave a caring smile, brushing fingers through your hair. You gave a groan in reply to which he shook his head.

"Here, I'll carry you"

He crouched down, back facing you. After a few seconds of no movement, he glanced over his shoulder, looking you directly in the eyes as he shuffled into your legs. His arms curled around the backs of your knees as he rose, suddenly, forcing you to wrap your arms across his chest to avoid falling to the ground. He gave a breathy chuckle before turning his head. You could tell he was smirking as he thundered down the corridors, ignoring the screeches of grumpy ahjummas (nearly bowled over as you passed) and the excited squeals of young trainees.

"Seung Yoon, oh my god, what's wrong with you?"

You have a harsh slap to his shoulder as he flew past an elderly-looking ahjussi, knocking large quantities of paperwork out of his hands, yelling a 'sorry' over his shoulder as he continued to hurtle down the avenue of doors. 

"What, can't you deal with the fast life?"

He gave another wink as you arrived at the elevator doors. Again, you attempted to wiggle from his grip, but even as you began to ascend you were pulled tightly against his back, no choice but to continue to cling on. The doors slid open upon the loud 'ding' before you emerged into the breezy corridor, taking a glance at eachother before Seung Yoon finally allowed you to slip from him. He swung an arm around your shoulders, urging you toward the particular door.

***

You gave a few gentle knocks, barely audible over Seung Yoons chuckles, but apparently sufficient, as a low voice called you in. Throwing the arm off you, you pushed the other in first, toddling after him before closing the door. You each took a bow, stepping over to the sofa, allocated by a single wave of the mans hand. He gave a weak smile, eyes flickering between the two of you, dread instantly forming when you recalled his expression after your assessment. Swallowing thickly, you edged ever-so-slightly away from Seung Yoon, ensuring no parts of you were touching as you resumed eye-contact with the elder man.

The discussion started off with trivial things, moving onto the upcoming concert and the constant practising, then finally the proposed collaboration. Your body became tense as Seung Yoon offered his opinion, trying his very best to persuade the CEO. To your surprise, the I older mans face lit up, nodding vigorously.

"Definitely. That's a brilliant idea. I can see it being a great success-"

"Really?!" 

You both blurted in unison, your body nearly falling from the seat. 

"Yes, we'll start arranging production after the concert, you kids are tired enough already"

He took a long sip from his glass, leaning backwards slightly. So, did he see the kiss? Does he even care? He hasn't said anything- Seung Yoon interrupted your thoughts, turning to you with a gummy smile. 

***

"Okay, that's all I wanted. You can go now"

The man gave a smile, raising his hand to gesture towards the door. Both of you rose, scuttling backwards.

"Thank yo-"

"Ah, wait, not you Seung Yoon, I've got one more thing to discuss with you."

"Oh, okay"

He glanced over his shoulder to throw you a quick reassuring grin. 

"Wait for me outsi-"

"Actually, it would be a better use of your time if you practiced. Seung Yoon will meet you in the dance studio when we're done"

You nodded, eyeing the two as you left the room without another thought.

***

"Does the music have to be this loud?" 

Jinwoo ran a small palm across his pale, clammy forehead, his eyes rolling back into his head as the chorus came.

"Yes, yes it does. Now come on, get practicing"

Mino tittered at them for a few minutes before an equally grumbly Seunghoon tottered over to him, shoving a shakey hand over the boys mouth.

"Seriously guys. Its not our fault you have hangovers"

"-Yeah! You're both lightweights, it up"

Jinwoo gave a growl at Minos exaggerated tone, turning a few seconds later to fetch some water from the table. Sighing, you followed, turning off the stereo all together and glancing at the clock. It was nearly 5pm and there was still no sign of Seung Yoon. 

***

The five of you gave in at 10:23pm, crawling back to your separate apartments. Your thoughts were of Seung Yoon; none of you had seen him since the morning. 'He's probably been caught up with something' the boys had said, easing your worries slightly. It was probably true. You snatched your phone from your bedside table, feverishly tapping out a message.

"Hey, we missed you at practice! Hope everything is okay, see you tomorrow! Sleep well, oppa~"

Adding a few emoticons and even a couple of 'xox's to satisfy yourself, you threw the phone back down, tumbling onto the warm sheets beside your snoozing pet.